IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Freaking Jill wore white to a Bates wedding?!?!? Lol

I can't remember which Bates wedding it was where she dressed the girls in white dresses, had the parade down the aisle to sit on the front row, and then squealed with joy when people thought they were part of the wedding. 

I will be shocked if Carlin lets Jill anywhere near her wedding. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I can't remember which Bates wedding it was where she dressed the girls in white dresses, had the parade down the aisle to sit on the front row, and then squealed with joy when people thought they were part of the wedding. 

She's a nutjob! I wish she'd crash this wedding though, lol!

• I Agree 5

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm almost positive it was Michaela's wedding. Some poster way back in the Rod threads recognized them from a shot of the wedding footage.

I really hope Jill crashes this wedding. That would be incredible.

• Upvote 4

I predict that Zoolander will be strutting and preening and Carlin will be swivelling her head around at near-Exorcist levels to view her admirers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

She's a nutjob! I wish she'd crash this wedding though, lol!

Oh yes! That would be the only thing that could convince me to watch that mess.

Zoolander+ helpmeet would be furious if the Rodriguii steal their attention and they would be the talk of fundie town instead.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:09 PM, TatiFish9 said:

Yes. Josh and Anna were ridiculous during their 3-4 months engagement.

Carlin and Evan have been playing footsie for 2 years. Not buying it.

2 years is a long time to have the hots for eachother and not even get to kiss. The wedding night must be so confusing and weird for fundies. And so, so disappointing. They are probably expecting fire works but the first time is seldom the best time.

I once kissed a guy I had been kind of friends with for a while. We got along great and he was cool. He was a horrible kisser. HORRIBLE. :martian-disgust:

Imagine if I was a fundie (the horror) and married him. I’d discover on my wedding night that kissing the man I just promised to love until I die makes me uncomfortable and grossed out. 

Their courtship rules saddens me. 

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 12

My imagination is not going there. Nope nope nope. Thinking of good things. Kittens, puppies, flowers.....

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 24
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, Calypso said:

The weather is going to be hot tomorrow at CarVan's weddingpalooza-- high of 92 F (33 C).  Jill's gals might faint under their 3 layer of modesty tshirts.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Calypso said:

I'm almost positive it was Michaela's wedding. Some poster way back in the Rod threads recognized them from a shot of the wedding footage.

I never saw this episode (since I don't watch the Bateses show), but I think you're right. Here is Jill's blog post about Michael and Brandon's wedding, and you can see that several little Rod girls were wearing lacy white dresses that could easily pass as flower girl dresses:

IMG_0134.jpg

Spoiler

DSC00370-Copy.jpg

• Thank You 10

The most recent photos of Carlin are quite alarming. She's always been slim but she's really taken it to a whole new level.

It's like they encourage this sort of weight loss for weddings.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

The most recent photos of Carlin are quite alarming. She's always been slim but she's really taken it to a whole new level.

She does look slimmer but I wouldn't say alarmingly so. Plus it's not like it's solely a fundie thing to try and lose weight before your wedding. And in Carlin's case it may not even be intentional- Planning a wedding while finishing school (and as far as we know, she's also still in charge of homeschooling her siblings) is a lot to handle. It could be stress related.

(I promise I'm not a leghumper or Bates defender, just thinking logically here!)

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

14 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

Really? She looks to still be a healthy BMI to me.

And a lot of non-fundie women lose weight for their wedding. It's pretty common. 

Edited by nausicaa
VineHeart137 beat me to it!
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

41 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Really? She looks to still be a healthy BMI to me.

And a lot of non-fundie women lose weight for their wedding. It's pretty common. 

Sometimes unintentionally just due to excitement/stress.

Of Fundyzoolander and her soon to be headship give more than enough to snark on without commenting on a young woman’s weight. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I think the Bates girls tend to be quite petite. Carlin doesn't look unusually small next to any of them in recent photos (and if you look at the photos on Instagram from their boutique, Carlin's got very toned calves so she's probably been working out a lot ahead of her wedding.

If we're going to snark on anything, it's got to be the fake tan in recent photos. She's giving me 19KAC orange Jinger vibes, so I'm really hoping it's faded out by the wedding.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Evan posted a sneek peek of the venue. This is definitely my favorite wedding venue yet. It’s really pretty. Also, I wonder if Carlin is gonna go down the stairs when walking towards the aisle, or if she’s coming from the sides. I think it would look gorgeous if she went down the stairs

Spoiler

80512CF4-BFAA-44F4-A574-062137E7960D.thumb.jpeg.30fa03ce2ae7c202f74cc674e5d8cc7c.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Evan posted a sneek peek of the venue. This is definitely my favorite wedding venue yet. It’s really pretty. Also, I wonder if Carlin is gonna go down the stairs when walking towards the aisle, or if she’s coming from the sides. I think it would look gorgeous if she went down the stairs

Hide contents

80512CF4-BFAA-44F4-A574-062137E7960D.thumb.jpeg.30fa03ce2ae7c202f74cc674e5d8cc7c.jpeg

It’s definitely really pretty. I was surprised by that it looks like it’s a small wedding (~200 people or less) compared to her siblings’ weddings. Maybe that explains why Joy and Alyssa both came sans kids. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

It’s definitely really pretty. I was surprised by that it looks like it’s a small wedding (~200 people or less) compared to her siblings’ weddings. Maybe that explains why Joy and Alyssa both came sans kids. 

I think Austin could still be coming with Gideon later, since Joy only said they would be apart for “a few days”, not the whole weekend. I do wonder why Alyssa didn’t take her kids, they’re Carlin’s nieces. I was thinking it may have to do with the fact that everyone is in the wedding party, so no one can stay in the crowd to watch the kids (?)

• Upvote 3

@VBOY9977, wow that's a much smaller wedding if your guestimate is true. I am curious just because I can't imagine Carlin out of all the Bates daughters having a smaller wedding.  

• Upvote 4

Castleton Farms

Eta: found it, link above. They have the Tuscan Vineyard. I guess it grows grape juice. It is a pretty setting.

I forgot the name of the venue, it has 3 different settings, all of them can accommodate big weddings.  It is a SUPER nice and expensive place. Now I have to go look it up to see which one they got!

Edited by TeaELSee
  • Upvote 2

it could be around to 500, but definitely small given some of their 1000-guest events.  i can't count the chairs on the left side, but i'd say there's at least 15 rows of 15 chairs on each side, which would be 450, but i'm guessing on the low end.  it could be more like 20x20x2 (~800)

• Thank You 3

56 minutes ago, catlady said:

it could be around to 500, but definitely small given some of their 1000-guest events.  

If they didn't invite JillRod that's 15 less people right there. ?

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think Austin could still be coming with Gideon later, since Joy only said they would be apart for “a few days”, not the whole weekend. I do wonder why Alyssa didn’t take her kids, they’re Carlin’s nieces. I was thinking it may have to do with the fact that everyone is in the wedding party, so no one can stay in the crowd to watch the kids (?)

My bet is that John and Alyssa wanted a no kids 5 year anniversary weekend getaway. 

58 minutes ago, catlady said:

it could be around to 500, but definitely small given some of their 1000-guest events.  i can't count the chairs on the left side, but i'd say there's at least 15 rows of 15 chairs on each side, which would be 450, but i'm guessing on the low end.  it could be more like 20x20x2 (~800)

Plus they might do this thing where they only invite people to the reception. I suppose more people could show up to the reception than were at the wedding ceremony. 

• Upvote 7

Wait...only invite people to the reception but not the actual wedding ceremony? Never have I heard of that. I have heard of inviting to the wedding ceremony, but not the reception, which I find tacky-

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

It looks like the Foto sisters are singing at the ceremony. Erin posted an Instagram story with them practicing and their hand movements while singing were extremely distracting. 

• I Agree 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic