IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

35 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Fancy destination courtship photoshoot or GTFU. How about Las Vegas? Or the Ark Encounter?

And I believe you need to either write me a poem or song. 

Ark Encounter! Ark Encounter and Creation Museum? Can I contract the poetry out to Miss Raquel?

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Nah. Joy really wasn’t into wedding planning and seemed coerced into having a wedding she never wanted. Austin too to a certain extent. I have a feeling these two are going to really enjoy their wedding though. I doubt they’ll bail early. 

Yep. They are milking every second of that day. 

My guess is there will be some prepared dances/skits on their parts. Probably a choreographed first dance. They will maybe even force the bridal party to do some weird performance kind of thing upon being announced to the reception hall. (I've unfortunately witnessed one of these in person.)

They will also likely have their final exit where people throw rice/petals/light sparklers at the end of the reception rather than at the exit from the church. And the getaway car may be a convertible so Carlin gets a few extra "smile and wave" moments. 

I do think Carlin has nice taste in clothes and hair though and think her dress and the bridal party will look pretty nice and put together. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Are there any other major fundie weddings this weekend? I haven't heard of any. Carlin's advance planning means that most other families were able to keep her day free. She'll probably have the full complement of Duggars there as well as many of our (least) favourite families. It's going to be a massive massive shindig.

• Upvote 5

So Carlin did a sneak peek of her wedding dress. 

Weird but I made me a bit sad. 

Most probably because I am a big fan of loving  seeing the dress for the first time at end of the aisle when I go to weddings 

E22B0270-4855-4250-BB95-14621282D200.png

20D9F0FB-C0F2-4FA2-BABF-88FE4134B8F9.png

Oh and the same as Josie did. The token we got our licence pic. Looks like they are going for a very tanned look  fundie Zoolander is the brownest I have seen him  

Fundie courtship man... looks abnormal. I just think they want to kiss so bad and that could have been a really cute pic if he was giving her a peck on the cheek while all smiley instead of the fundie wife gaze she has. 

842BA249-B78D-40D2-A3AB-FE63B5F9D8C4.pngOh 

6DE7733C-1ACC-4350-9819-3732382F1765.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Forgot to add pics and commentary.
  • Upvote 1

I think it is telling that in Evan’s Instagram post he only shared the fundie gaze photo. #underhiseye

5E5CB30C-34D0-4908-AD56-739F919B5E8C.jpeg

36 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Most probably because I am a big fan of loving  seeing the dress for the first time at end of the aisle when I go to weddings 

E22B0270-4855-4250-BB95-14621282D200.png

20D9F0FB-C0F2-4FA2-BABF-88FE4134B8F9.png

Oh and the same as Josie did. The token we got our licence pic. Looks like they are going for a very tanned look  fundie Zoolander is the brownest I have seen him  

Fundie courtship man... looks abnormal. I just think they want to kiss so bad and that could have been a really cute pic if he was giving her a peck on the cheek while all smiley instead of the fundie wife gaze she has. 

842BA249-B78D-40D2-A3AB-FE63B5F9D8C4.pngOh 

6DE7733C-1ACC-4350-9819-3732382F1765.png

That’s not Carlin’s dress, it’s her sister-in-law’s bridesmaid dress. Carlin reposted hr SIL’s instastory. You can see it says kaystew or whatever.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 3

45 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I think it is telling that in Evan’s Instagram post he only shared the fundie gaze photo. #underhiseye

5E5CB30C-34D0-4908-AD56-739F919B5E8C.jpeg

That’s not Carlin’s dress, it’s her sister-in-law’s bridesmaid dress. Carlin reposted hr SIL’s instastory. You can see it says kaystew or whatever.

Oh thanks. That makes more sense. I was thinking it was a little lack lustre for a wedding dress. I really should read more when I look at these things 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 3

So I'm pretty new to the Bates; I don't know any of them as well as the Duggars, and was introduced to them from this site. I was just looking at the cheat sheet, and I'm wondering why Evan's nickname (on FJ) is Fundie Zoolander. Not only am I curious, I keep laughing at it.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, agentshade said:

So I'm pretty new to the Bates; I don't know any of them as well as the Duggars, and was introduced to them from this site. I was just looking at the cheat sheet, and I'm wondering why Evan's nickname (on FJ) is Fundie Zoolander. Not only am I curious, I keep laughing at it.

Because of all his zoolander like facial expressions in his photographs. 

Zoolander the movie. Evan is so blue steel. Have a look at his Instagram.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And will there be duck face? 

I'm afraid there will always be duckface.  Generations of it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

?

Oy, the way they keep spamming with those ridiculous poses...

People are already so over this wedding and it hasn't happened yet.

Guess musical performances from Lawson AND Zoolander are inevitable too...

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Thats not the wedding dress, its the bridesmaids dress. 

Edited by llucie
I saw that someone already pointed this out. I should have read the whole thread before posting. Sorry.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

over/under on a Carlin yodeling performance?

Alas, I fear that she thinks she is too glam for that now. 

Girl needs to get with the YeeHaw Agenda.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I'm guessing Jill Rod won't be invited. Jill wedding crashing and attempting to play her saw and cow bells would be an amazing twist in this wedding. 

• Haha 25
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm afraid there will always be duckface.  Generations of it. 

Bahaha, can we call any kids they may have the Ducklings? Too mean? (I don't mean to snark on any kids, just that duckfaced adults should of course have duckling kids.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm guessing Jill Rod won't be invited. Jill wedding crashing and attempting to play her saw and cow bells would be an amazing twist in this wedding. 

Oh please let the Rodrigues family crash and grift anyway!

Jill: Oh dear! Our invitation must have been lost in the mail! Fortunately we were just able to get to your venue on fumes and we have no gas left to leave, so you'll have to pay for us to stay here and our gas as well. Oh, and by the way, our gift to the happy couple will be our family singing.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Oh please let the Rodrigues family crash and grift anyway!

I bet they have people on the look out to make sure J Rod doesn't roll up with all her kids dressed in white planning to prance down the aisle and sit on the front row. 

Jill crashed a funeral, she wouldn't blink an eye at crashing a wedding. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

When was the last time the Rods got invited to a big fundie wedding? Was it Jingers? Have they been completely shunned?

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Guess musical performances from Lawson AND Zoolander are inevitable too...

OMG, there's going to be a serenade isn't there? With weird, prolonged eye contact. And maybe faux whispering. ?

I am already in a full body cringe you guys. My emotionally repressed, introverted self may not be able to make it through the reception. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

47 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

OMG, there's going to be a serenade isn't there? With weird, prolonged eye contact. And maybe faux whispering. ?

I am already in a full body cringe you guys. My emotionally repressed, introverted self may not be able to make it through the reception. 

I’m crossing my fingers for a duet!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

What are the odds on the couple arriving or departing in a horse drawn carriage?  Or at least a convertible, for maximum photo ops.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

When was the last time the Rods got invited to a big fundie wedding? Was it Jingers? Have they been completely shunned?

She posted a Duggar wedding invite after Jinger's wedding  (can't remember which Duggar) but didn't go. Probably the last invite she got from them.

24 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

She posted a Duggar wedding invite after Jinger's wedding  (can't remember which Duggar) but didn't go. Probably the last invite she got from them.

That was Joy's wedding.

Freaking Jill wore white to a Bates wedding?!?!? Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

What are the odds on the couple arriving or departing in a horse drawn carriage?  Or at least a convertible, for maximum photo ops.

Those would be beautiful photo ops so I wouldn’t fault them. No doubt they have several photo ops planned, every wedding does but a Zoolander wedding will be next level. Only topped by Lawson one day.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic