IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

18 hours ago, Hisey said:

I like the clothes too (and my taste in clothes would not win any awards), but I don't think I'd like the material. I get the sense they are most synthetic fabric, and I feel much more comfortable in natural fabrics. 

I looked. If you click on the item it gives a description. The 2 dresses I clicked on were both Rayon and spandex.  Nope.

9 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I looked. If you click on the item it gives a description. The 2 dresses I clicked on were both Rayon and spandex.  Nope.

Not surprised, they look cheap as fuck. I am sure they will be ruined in a couple washes. But i agree the design seems nice, specially if you are into comfy dresses.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Yes, that's just too hot and uncomfortable for me. 

• I Agree 1

On 5/20/2019 at 2:49 AM, Kangaroo said:

Why even bother with all their courtship nonsense when they go and do things like this?

I get they all "set their own rules" but it seems so hypocritical when you know at the wedding they'll go on and on about how pure and God honouring they were to wait until marriage before kissing etc, but then they take photos like this.

I wonder if these two still think masturbation is a sin. ?

• Haha 4

I just need someone to explain to me how Carlin's courting standards fit anywhere into modest behavior. I remember the old saying, "everything , but...".

Why be a family that swears by modesty while dourting instead of being a family that admits there is nothing unChrist like about physical attraction/ action to a mate pre-marriage. Evan places his hands on her hips often, but he can't give her a kiss on the cheek??? They think skin to skin while petting is not already enhancing their desire/lustful thoughts. What a load of crap.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

They think skin to skin while petting is not already enhancing their desire/lustful thoughts. What a load of crap.

Reminds me of the hand-sex in Josh and Anna's courtship. Those two made people uncomfortable with what they were doing with their hands but it was Duggar approved. The Bates and Duggars were never hold a ruler between them level of courtship modesty.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

The Bates and Duggars were never hold a ruler between them level of courtship modesty.

Then how were they supposed to leave room for the Holy Ghost?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

On 5/17/2019 at 8:32 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Ha!  I took one Soc class a million years ago but no Pslams.

Me too, and I was at a Catholic University.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Reminds me of the hand-sex in Josh and Anna's courtship. Those two made people uncomfortable with what they were doing with their hands but it was Duggar approved. The Bates and Duggars were never hold a ruler between them level of courtship modesty.

Yes. Josh and Anna were ridiculous during their 3-4 months engagement.

Carlin and Evan have been playing footsie for 2 years. Not buying it.

• Upvote 3

The Zoolander wedding is this weekend isn't it? I wonder if they bail early on their reception like Joy/Austin did? 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The Zoolander wedding is this weekend isn't it? I wonder if they bail early on their reception like Joy/Austin did? 

They should adopt the practice the Christian cult/town Gloriavale in NZ. Right after the ceremony the couple is carried to a special room, (Cleopatra style) to consummate the marriage. Everyone waits and fellowships until they return for the dinner!  

Makes me uncomfortable even typing that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 11
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Nah. Joy really wasn’t into wedding planning and seemed coerced into having a wedding she never wanted. Austin too to a certain extent. I have a feeling these two are going to really enjoy their wedding though. I doubt they’ll bail early. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 22

In terms of the likely occurrence of pregnancy(ies), I wonder how early and what kind of contingencies, if any, these brides make when they pick and order bridesmaids dresses? IMO, this would be a nightmare for a fundie bride-to-be.

• Upvote 1

What are the odds we get one last Bates announcement either before or soon-after (before a lot of pics get out and ruin the surprise) Carlin's wedding?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Nah. Joy really wasn’t into wedding planning and seemed coerced into having a wedding she never wanted. Austin too to a certain extent. I have a feeling these two are going to really enjoy their wedding though. I doubt they’ll bail early. 

I doubt it too. Leave early their own wedding where they are the center off attention? I can imagine the janitor turning off the lights and their still there.  

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

On 5/20/2019 at 1:15 PM, HereticHick said:

Do we really only have one week to go? Carlin and her besties have yet to pose with tshirts/hats/coffee mugs saying "Bride Tribe," "I Do Crew, "Because I'm the Bride," or "The Future Mrs."

If they don't is this marriage even legal????

image.png.66fc4afb9d843dbd75946d210cad0d74.png

I have always loved you.

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I have always loved you.

Great! Lets get some really blurry courtship pictures together.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 25
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Honestly, imagining these two having sex for the first time is interesting. Josie we all assumed (probably correctly) that he was a two pump chump that didn't give a shit about how she felt or what the experience was like for her.

I can imagine Carlin and Evan having all of these ideas about how glamorous it'll be and setting up candles and Carlin having fancy bridal undergarments and then them both being thoroughly confused about how not glamorous the actual process is -not that they'll admit it. I would expect we'll get both a pre-coital pic of how romantic the set-up is, and then a post-coital pic ala Jessa and Ben about how great marriage is.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

They should adopt the practice the Christian cult/town Gloriavale in NZ. Right after the ceremony the couple is carried to a special room, (Cleopatra style) to consummate the marriage. Everyone waits and fellowships until they return for the dinner!  

I saw that Gloriavale documentary!  Imagine you're a young woman who has just been married to a guy you hardly know, you're taken back to a room to have sex for the first time, and then you're paraded around at a dinner where there are thousands of people watching you.  I mean, hell, give the young couple some time to process everything!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Great! Lets get some really blurry courtship pictures together.

Omg can Taryn take them and can we wear dresses from Batesesesssessistersbooteek?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Omg can Taryn take them and can we wear dresses from Batesesesssessistersbooteek?

Fancy destination courtship photoshoot or GTFU. How about Las Vegas? Or the Ark Encounter?

And I believe you need to either write me a poem or song. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

I might not be a part of the relationship, but I demand it be at the Art Encounter and I need to be invited to tag along on your courtship photoshoot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

That’s true, it’s so unfortunate! I remember watching a documentary about Gloriavale a while back. There’s such an odd mix of over the top modesty and a lack of privacy. Creepy doesn’t even come close and it’s no wonder sexual abuse is (was??) rampant in this cult. 

D03A534A-DB92-4732-92D1-9B216B0C6530.jpeg

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 10

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I might not be a part of the relationship, but I demand it be at the Art Encounter and I need to be invited to tag along on your courtship photoshoot. 

What I want to know is which of them will be lifting the other up in a poor imitation of Dirty Dancing. And will there be duck face? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic