IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This is totally BEC, but I am assuming that Erin and Carlin's dresses are from their "boutique" and you can learn waaay too much about their brassieres through that cheap fabric.

yes at Carlin's is supposed to go on sale tonight I believe and not sure about Erin's but probably the same and yeah I cringed seeing that. 

• Upvote 1

and Evan pisses me off again. really Evan you're proud that Carlin would stay up super later because she just couldn't miss a phone call with you but had to do her homework after. 

a good boyfriend/Fiancee would have said babe I'll talk to you tomorrow, get your work done so you can go to bed a decent hour. not be smug that she's losing sleep just so she can talk to him and still get everything else done. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Someone more knowledgeable than me - what can you do with an interdisciplinary degree such as this, please? 

*Yes, I know she's not going to do anything with it.*

I have the same BA. I finished it from a state university over 10 years ago. I have had several jobs from hospital administration (credentialing), analyst positions for the state government, and loan counseling. I've never had a hard time getting a position.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

I do think it’s nice how excited and proud Carlin seems to be about graduating. Maybe she’s just viewing it as one last stepping stone before marriage, but it’s nice to see her celebrating something she worked for and accomplished that doesn’t directly relate to getting married and popping out babies. 

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

and Evan pisses me off again. really Evan you're proud that Carlin would stay up super later because she just couldn't miss a phone call with you but had to do her homework after. 

a good boyfriend/Fiancee would have said babe I'll talk to you tomorrow, get your work done so you can go to bed a decent hour. not be smug that she's losing sleep just so she can talk to him and still get everything else done. 

He might not have known she hadn’t done her homework. It wasn’t his job to make sure she’s getting her work done. If she knew she had homework and she opted to talk on the phone with him instead then that’s on her, especially if she didn’t mention her homework until the end of the call. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

For whatever criticisms anyone has about Bobby Smith, if you contrast his message to Tori about her graduation, the difference is quite striking, and is a very good example of how differently Bobby and Evan view their wife/fiance.

*Sigh* Evan, why am I not surprised? Couldn't keep mention of yourself out of it for less than a paragraph :pb_rollseyes:

I can see where he's coming from, emphasis on how hard Carlin worked to get her degree and potential sacrifices (like sleep) she made to reach that goal.
It's just that regardless of all the words in this rushed, ! filled caption, the phrase that sticks out the most to me is:
"Yet you wouldn't skip talking to me for anything!", 
and to me that just implies something on a much bigger scale about their relationship that rubs me the wrong way.

Like you may think that and it makes you feel super important right? But there's a difference between knowing that and having that be almost the centerpiece of what you are choosing to say about your fiance.

Whether perfectly innocent, and just egotistic and immature (as Evan seems to be), or possibly speaks to something more which may become an issue later once they are 'hitched 4 lyfe'

Edited by Feministe9000
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Fascinated that she says she has sociology (a famously left wing discipline) as part of her degree. I'm curious what she studied.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Fascinated that she says she has sociology (a famously left wing discipline) as part of her degree. I'm curious what she studied.

I wouldn’t read anything left into it.  The eugenics movement has used warped sociology studies extensively to back up their hate.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wouldn’t read anything left into it.  The eugenics movement has used warped sociology studies extensively to back up their hate.

True. But in the modern day in the academe, we take a hammering from many other disciplines for our apparent outrageous leftism (especially from fucking ec*n*m*sts).

LOL. I just looked up one of the modules, and week 1 reading for Introduction to Sociology involves a Psalm.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

True. But in the modern day in the academe, we take a hammering from many other disciplines for our apparent outrageous leftism (especially from fucking ec*n*m*sts).

LOL. I just looked up one of the modules, and week 1 reading for Introduction to Sociology involves a Psalm.

Ha!  I took one Soc class a million years ago but no Pslams.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

51 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Yeah, I don't think that is going to be a sociology class like most of us took. :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

Carlin making sure that talking to Evan came before homework makes me think she was never taught time management skills and that she also has been taught that men in her life come before everything else. Evan probably hasn't been taught that he should show consideration for a woman's education and tell her to not worry about talking to him but to instead do homework so she won't have to stay up so late getting it done. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I thought she was doing education at crown? So transferring to Liberty which is in VA you can't major in education for undergrad so I have a lot of sorority sisters who did interdisciplinary with like bio or something else because that's what they want to teach and then went to get their masters in VA which you could get a degree in education. So I'm wondering if it's because of that?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I thought she was doing education at crown? So transferring to Liberty which is in VA you can't major in education for undergrad so I have a lot of sorority sisters who did interdisciplinary with like bio or something else because that's what they want to teach and then went to get their masters in VA which you could get a degree in education. So I'm wondering if it's because of that?

The official version is that she transfered to Liberty because it was online so she could help Kelly with the homeschooling and around the house once Tori and Josie married. Personally i really doubt that Carlin has any intention to continue her education or to use her degree for anything more than to homeschool her own kids.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

She couldn't get a license to teach with a Bachelor of Biblical Studies in Education from Crown either. Even church-based schools that technically can hire someone like Tori to teach will go with someone who is certified and religious simply because it helps in their ratios for federal and state funding on pre-k programs. To teach in public schools states require that teachers graduate from accredited teacher education programs or programs that are similar and/or pass the Praxis (or state exam) at the correct level with evidence of certified class(es) in special education. Some states have other requirements too. There are alternative programs, but they still require a bachelor degree, more classroom training, passing the Praxis, and a school willing to hire you. Private schools can be more lax so long as they don't want grant money and they have enough certified teachers on staff. It's normally easier to go back and get an MAT or a master of arts with the teaching certificate. 

Yes, there are state schools that offer interdisciplinary degrees, but most still have requirements that provide graduates with an education that focuses on several areas. I have an MA in such a program that focuses on writing and political science. I didn't want to go for an MFA in creative writing or go to law school. This MA allows me to teach both subjects at the undergrad level as an adjunct for extra money. It is a good way to get a diverse background without having to focus only on one area. However, I wouldn't recommend it for people who are simply unsure and going for their MRS. But it's all a moot point. Carlin's not out plastering the emails of all the companies in Tennessee with resumes right now. She can teach her piano lessons or whatever else until she starts having babies. 

I'm not knocking her for getting her degree. Education is a good thing. It's just not realistic with this family to think that she will be seeking more education or a full on career. As happy as I am for Michael that she's going back to get her nursing degree, it's sad to think it is a consolation prize for her not being able to have children (yet). 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

One important thing about Carlin and Michael going to real, accredited schools, is the opportunity it might open up for younger sisters. Seeing your older sister accomplish something like this when most of the girls you know get married at 20, that could really change your aspirations and dreams. I don't know if Carlin will ever use the degree in a career, but any value placed on education is okay. Falwell aside, Liberty is a real school at least.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, I can't snark on Carlin for getting a BA and working very hard for it; that's always a good thing in my book. Is the sociology part of it probably a load of not-quite-Nazi-but-kinda-rhymes-with-it shit? Yeah, probably, but I'll still give her props for doing something halfway productive and edifying within the confines of the cult. 

Evan continues to be such a massive tool that I half expect him to be 20% of at Home Depot this Memorial Day Weekend; what else is new? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

I like the dresses from their boutique but I was raised fundie, wearing frumpers, so I clearly don't have the best taste in clothes! ;)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I like the dresses from their boutique but I was raised fundie, wearing frumpers, so I clearly don't have the best taste in clothes! ;)

I like the clothes too (and my taste in clothes would not win any awards), but I don't think I'd like the material. I get the sense they are most synthetic fabric, and I feel much more comfortable in natural fabrics. 

Edited by Hisey
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Screenshot_2019-05-20-08-34-55-01.thumb.jpeg.0aa5e2fc70d09a475198f3bccc69097a.jpeg

Why even bother with all their courtship nonsense when they go and do things like this?

I get they all "set their own rules" but it seems so hypocritical when you know at the wedding they'll go on and on about how pure and God honouring they were to wait until marriage before kissing etc, but then they take photos like this.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Question is how can we be really sure is them? I mean the couple is so far away and blurry it could be everyone else...you don't even saw their faces 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Question is how can we be really sure is them? I mean the couple is so far away and blurry it could be everyone else...you don't even saw their faces 

It looks like a failed attempt at the Dirty Dancing lift. But I'm thinking they probably haven't seen that movie - even at Zach's. 

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Modesty stunt doubles!

We could start a business in blurry wedding and engagement photography, featuring vague look a likes, for couples too afraid to touch because they need to keep room for Jesus.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

On 5/17/2019 at 5:42 AM, Feministe9000 said:

For whatever criticisms anyone has about Bobby Smith, if you contrast his message to Tori about her graduation, the difference is quite striking, and is a very good example of how differently Bobby and Evan view their wife/fiance. 

*Sigh* Evan, why am I not surprised? Couldn't keep mention of yourself out of it for less than a paragraph :pb_rollseyes:

I can see where he's coming from, emphasis on how hard Carlin worked to get her degree and potential sacrifices (like sleep) she made to reach that goal.
It's just that regardless of all the words in this rushed, ! filled caption, the phrase that sticks out the most to me is:
"Yet you wouldn't skip talking to me for anything!", 
and to me that just implies something on a much bigger scale about their relationship that rubs me the wrong way.

Completely agree. I just looked back on Bobby's post, and you're right. There is a stark difference. It was almost if Evan has absolutely no idea of the importance or the hard work of upper education. Bobby, on the other hand, gives Tori so much praise, congratulations, compliments, and it really shows that Bobby is so much more mature and humble (in a really good way) as he does not elevate himself. He just focused on Tori.

ALSO. I want to point out Carlin's response to Evan's narcissistic congratulatory caption: "Awww! Babe, you are my greatest accomplishment! ? Can’t wait to be your wife ?"

??????????????? Both of them are so strange with each other???????? like, I really don't know what to make of them yet. Can't wait to see how their wedding plays out!!1!!!1

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

This is the one fundie marriage (of the major families I follow) that I think might actually end in a divorce. I think the immaturity on both their parts is going to bite them in the ass in about five years (or less depending on how fast the baybeez come). 

And also "you are my greatest accomplishment"???? What the heck. She accomplished landing him? Or accompished finding a Godly man-boy? Or she accomplished getting him to propose to her? If someone said this to me, I'd be like "See ya". I'm not a goal to be reached. 

Edited by FaithAndReason
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Do we really only have one week to go? Carlin and her besties have yet to pose with tshirts/hats/coffee mugs saying "Bride Tribe," "I Do Crew, "Because I'm the Bride," or "The Future Mrs."

If they don't is this marriage even legal????

image.png.66fc4afb9d843dbd75946d210cad0d74.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic