IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

14 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

ugh, doesn't this seem tied into voter disenfranchisement?!

I remember when Canadians used to use driver's licences for the US border. Then they made the licences a lot fancier but the border security got tighter anyway so passports it is. Luckily we have better options for voting (in general) - health card + proof of address, driver's licence, you can even have someone who knows you swear you in if your address is outdated.

I don't think it has a lot to do with voting.  Voting (even for federal elections) is always run by the states, so I think it still wouldn't be "for federal purposes."  I've never had to show any kind of ID to vote, though, I just tell them my name and it's on the list, and I sign my signature next to the signature they have on file.  

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have heard many people who despite having all the stated “required” paperwork still get told it was not enough when they turned up for their appointment.

This was the case with me, it turned out that the DMV didn't actually accept some of the documents their website said it accepted.  Grrr.  I'll be fine with my passport (I especially love having the passport card), but not everyone has that option. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Voting (even for federal elections) is always run by the states, so I think it still wouldn't be "for federal purposes."

I forgot about that (as we have Elections Canada), thanks!

So "federal purposes" would pretty much just be border crossing/immigration?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

My shit stain of a state still doesn't have real ID available. I've been taking my passport with me whenever I fly, just because the real ID deadlines have changed several times and I don't want to risk missing my flight b/c my drivers license is no longer enough. 

@SassyPants are your parents white? That always helps when dealing with  authorities. :oops:

My mom is lily white and plays the old person card reallllllllly well.

My dad is Italian, darker skinned and has a very ethnic last name.

CA only recently started the process for real IDs. I think our state has had an exception and extension until this time, but now, since the drop dead date is 10/20, it’s a CF. I went online to get an appointment the day my renewal form came in the mail. There was ONE appointment time available in the 3 months before my license expired (Christmas week). You can not set up an appointment without your renewal paperwork, and the state controls when you receive those forms. Unfortunately that appointment time did not work for me as I already had an out of town trip planned. Like you, I just carry my passport in my purse now.

• Upvote 2

i renewed my NY licence this month, and i opted for the "not for Federal purposes" version, because i just renewed my passport in February and i had no interest in spending a Saturday at the DMV.  i seldom fly, so i'm ok with using my passport for that and for visiting Ontario.  there are exactly three DMVs in New York that have Saturday hours (one in Brooklyn and two in Erie County, where i live), and the one closest to me is always busy; not a fun place to be.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I forgot about that (as we have Elections Canada), thanks!

So "federal purposes" would pretty much just be border crossing/immigration?

It would be necessary anytime you want to fly, since the security to get on a plane is done by TSA, a federal agency.  So you'd need something valid even for travel within the US, not just internationally. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Carlin and Evan are in Punta Cana. Very interesting choice. They seem to be in a resort too. I’ve been in 2 resorts in Punta Cana and there’s definitely a lot of non religious activity going on. People walk around in their bathing suits all the time, drink a lot, and there’s lots of parties. 

Also, Evan pointing out he’s having a virgin drink ?

F6E0A380-9BE0-4776-B6DF-9A4A53364DC1.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 22
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I don't think it has a lot to do with voting.  Voting (even for federal elections) is always run by the states, so I think it still wouldn't be "for federal purposes."  I've never had to show any kind of ID to vote, though, I just tell them my name and it's on the list, and I sign my signature next to the signature they have on file.  

Depends on your state. Wisconsin adopted a voter ID law. 200,000 less people were able to vote and Trump won the traditionally blue state by 22k votes. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 5

“Virgin drinks for the win” might be the most profoundly uncool thing I’ve ever heard. That’s like a catchphrase from a PSA starring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Edited by nickelodeon
had to make my sick burn even sicker
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 40
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

“Virgin drinks for the win” might be the most profoundly uncool thing I’ve ever heard. That’s like a catchphrase from a PSA starring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

They are like 2 freshman who just got dropped off at the Sizzler Steak joint by their parents, prior to their first Homecoming Dance.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

Based on the pictures he has posted, she’s definitely not wearing modestwear bathing suits. 

Yeah it looked like she was wearing one under her dress

• Upvote 2

There's a few other pictures up now where you can see Carlin's swimsuit top. 

I don't know what the style is called, but basically it's got a high neckline/no cleavage but it's still a very flattering and on trend style. 

Can't tell if it's a one piece or a bikini, but it's definitely not as skimpy as a lot of swimwear.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

There's a few other pictures up now where you can see Carlin's swimsuit top. 

I don't know what the style is called, but basically it's got a high neckline/no cleavage but it's still a very flattering and on trend style. 

Can't tell if it's a one piece or a bikini, but it's definitely not as skimpy as a lot of swimwear.

that’s her dress, not a swimsuit. You can see the full dress in Evan’s feed. But in one of the pictures Evan posted her swimsuit is peeking under her dress.

Spoiler

4769DDAF-28CE-4657-9879-19CC1FE3784B.thumb.jpeg.7f4e8c6df3358a7adfa998ee598573d0.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

Punta Cana is very defrauding, lol. I've been there... It's all drinks, sex, topless and tiny bikini type of people... Wonderland if you ask me hahaha I'm surprised! Carlin is sooooooooo wearing a bikini.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

that’s her dress, not a swimsuit. You can see the full dress in Evan’s feed. But in one of the pictures Evan posted her swimsuit is peeking under her dress.

Hide contents

4769DDAF-28CE-4657-9879-19CC1FE3784B.thumb.jpeg.7f4e8c6df3358a7adfa998ee598573d0.jpeg

Ah so it is. I don't follow Evan, one half of their posts is normally as much as I can put up with.

• Upvote 4

I got an enhanced license in New Jersey about 12 years ago. I had to prove a name chain of evidence from birth, which meant two marriage licenses and divorce decree as well as the other stuff. They told me I'd never need to do it again.

8 years ago I moved to Ohio. They didn't have that kind of license here. So my Ohio license is plain and they kept the NJ one. Now it's expiring again next week and I have to have the chain of evidence all over again. AND I CAN'T FIND THE BINDER I KEEP IT ALL IN. It took a couple months to track all that stuff down from three other states I lived in previously. If I moved to Ohio from NJ this year, it'd have transferred straight up. ?

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I got an enhanced license in New Jersey about 12 years ago. I had to prove a name chain of evidence from birth, which meant two marriage licenses and divorce decree as well as the other stuff. They told me I'd never need to do it again.

8 years ago I moved to Ohio. They didn't have that kind of license here. So my Ohio license is plain and they kept the NJ one. Now it's expiring again next week and I have to have the chain of evidence all over again. AND I CAN'T FIND THE BINDER I KEEP IT ALL IN. It took a couple months to track all that stuff down from three other states I lived in previously. If I moved to Ohio from NJ this year, it'd have transferred straight up. ?

Can’t you get a passport? You can use that I lieu of real ID, and you don’t need as much background paperwork.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:26 AM, onyourwayhome said:

I will literally fall over if they send their kids to public school. 

During one of their Lives, I believe it was Erin who said she and Whitney have begun or will shortly begin homeschooling the kids. This was a few months back. Who knows what the future will hold, but right now it looks like Whitney is down for homeschooling. 

• Upvote 4

I just imagine whit homeschooling for preschool and kindergarten. And then when it gets too hard and becomes too much work, she puts them in a private Christian school. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I just checked out the resort Carlin and Evan are staying at. That is one expensive honeymoon for a fresh college graduate without a job (*sorry, just realized she does have that boutique with Erin and Whit, but I can't imagine that has made them very much money at this point) and an apprentice electrician. I can't really imagine Up! paying for the Bateses' honeymoons the way TLC has been paying for the Duggars'. Have the others' honeymoons even been shown on TV, Josie's in particular? On the other hand, I can't imagine who else could be footing the bill for this extravaganza.

For anyone else who's curious, this is the website for the resort. They don't have any basic rooms - the cheapest category is a one-bedroom, 1000sq ft suite with private jacuzzi and butler service. It's well over $300/night for a random week way in the future that I just looked at.

Although to be fair, when I looked at the hotel website, I thought it was going to be significantly more expensive than this. If they got flights for a good price, this'll probably cost them somewhat north of $3000 for a week. Not as crazy as I thought, but I'm still curious who is footing the bill based on their, currently very limited, earning potential.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

There was a photo on instagram of food at the wedding. Folks they served a legit meal! Wonder if this will influence the Duggar here's a cup of melted ice cream now buh bye menu... ?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Carlin and Evan are in Punta Cana. Very interesting choice. They seem to be in a resort too. I’ve been in 2 resorts in Punta Cana and there’s definitely a lot of non religious activity going on. People walk around in their bathing suits all the time, drink a lot, and there’s lots of parties. 

Also, Evan pointing out he’s having a virgin drink ?

F6E0A380-9BE0-4776-B6DF-9A4A53364DC1.jpeg

As someone who's family is from the island and has been to PC, its not a modest place. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

I just checked out the resort Carlin and Evan are staying at. That is one expensive honeymoon for a fresh college graduate without a job (*sorry, just realized she does have that boutique with Erin and Whit, but I can't imagine that has made them very much money at this point) and an apprentice electrician. I can't really imagine Up! paying for the Bateses' honeymoons the way TLC has been paying for the Duggars'. Have the others' honeymoons even been shown on TV, Josie's in particular? On the other hand, I can't imagine who else could be footing the bill for this extravaganza.

For anyone else who's curious, this is the website for the resort. They don't have any basic rooms - the cheapest category is a one-bedroom, 1000sq ft suite with private jacuzzi and butler service. It's well over $300/night for a random week way in the future that I just looked at.

Although to be fair, when I looked at the hotel website, I thought it was going to be significantly more expensive than this. If they got flights for a good price, this'll probably cost them somewhat north of $3000 for a week. Not as crazy as I thought, but I'm still curious who is footing the bill based on their, currently very limited, earning potential.

I don't know how it works with TV sponsorship, etc., but I wouldn't be surprised if the resort cut a deal with UP (if it is being filmed) for free publicity.

• Upvote 5

In my neck of the US woods, the groom's family traditionally paid for the honeymoon. [yes, I know that many couples--including me and Mr. Possum--pay for their own honeymoons now]

It isn't really high season in the DR yet--it isn't winter, and summer has just begun. Maybe they found a good deal. 

And wow, I have no desire to ever visit a resort that big!

image.thumb.png.21169e2d5e1705e0c730afb9723e9909.png

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Some couples got a trip as a wedding gift. Maybe both set of parents helped with the plane tickets or with the hotel invoice. In addition, Carlin has been actively on the show and raising the young siblings, so she can have earned some money (maybe like an allowance).

Bates had been cheap on their children weddings, but at Tori's wedding they changed and start to spend money enough to throw nice parties. I suppose UP helps with the bills, but Kelly and Gil are well-off now and I wonder if the middle kids ask for a more comfortable way of life.

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic