IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 5: I just see babies having baby showers!

HerNameIsBuffy

I also think she will be working as a bridal hair and makeup consultant & artist, probably will be in high demand given her boho gen z style 

Edited by kmachete14
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

my eyes rolled so hard at megan's comment, isn't monat being sued?!

I think the company is on its fifth lawsuit and refers to those suing as haters. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

. It sounds like she’ll continue working in some capacity in the future which is a great step forward since other than the boutique, she’d be the only Bates daughter working once they’ve become a parent. It could be a great example to the younger girls that you can be a working mother and not be hated by God for it. 

Erin had tons of pupils before having her second baby (or even the third?), and while she teached at home, it was a real job and required a lot of babysitting. Whitney seemed to take real state seriously for a time. I wonder if Kelly and Gil put an end to the constant grandkids babysitting and it was the reason both Erin and Whit quit working. (I assume putting kids in daycare must be seen as a crime in that family, so no option for them).

Alyssa cleaned offices until she became ill. She was supposed to work often, while John was with the girls. 

I think a lot of these women want to work and not being able to do it will be a hard frustration for a lot of them. Erin particulary, because she really loved teaching and needs a lot of social interaction . I wonder if her constant decoration projects are an answer to her boring existence as SAHM.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I think the company is on its fifth lawsuit and refers to those suing as haters. 

So JRod runs Monat? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

21 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

my eyes rolled so hard at megan's comment, isn't monat being sued?!

If you look at that person’s insta, you see that she sells Monat. Lol so completely unsurprising. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

On 12/6/2019 at 3:15 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Instagram. Just watch it on the DIY circle.

I kinda liked her tree, mostly because every year I plan to decorate mine with crafts and I never find the time. 

You know you can post these kinds of photos right? And please?!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You know you can post these kinds of photos right? And please?!

I don't know how to post pictures here.

I like Josie and she's pretty to look at, but it annoys me how she's constantly rolling her eyes, or looking quickly out of the corner of her eyes when talking. Just look at any Insta story of hers and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by KeepUnsweet
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, KeepUnsweet said:

I like Josie and she's pretty to look at, but it annoys me how she's constantly rolling her eyes, or looking quickly out of the corner of her eyes when talking. Just look at any Insta story of hers and you'll see what I mean.

Can't unsee now, thanks a lot ?

• I Agree 2

Wait..sorry if this has been talked about ad nauseum but do we know Whitney quit her job? I thought she was still working at least occasionally as a realtor?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

Wait..sorry if this has been talked about ad nauseum but do we know Whitney quit her job? I thought she was still working at least occasionally as a realtor?

She's still listed on the website, but she has no listings of any houses or properties under her page. Many of the others on the page don't either. 

• Upvote 6

So Josie is doing a Q&A on Instagram, and well, I’m just going to leave this here.

Not assuming that this is evidence of anything revolutionary, but worth noting. I’m curious as to what “waiting a year or two” meant.

F59058D6-7FFC-4D15-9DB9-8FD57964765C.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

27 minutes ago, JoylessAnna said:

So Josie is doing a Q&A on Instagram, and well, I’m just going to leave this here.

Not assuming that this is evidence of anything revolutionary, but worth noting. I’m curious as to what “waiting a year or two” meant.

Well for the next time they now know talking it is not enought, hopefully they will look into using protection.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JoylessAnna said:

Pull-out game: Weak

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 21
  • Love 2

I have a feeling they maybe tried to use "coitus interruptus" (LOL) or just have sex right before her period or something, but they are young and (hopefully) very attracted to each other . . . they wouldn't be the first couple to slip up on those plans! 

They say couples who use the pull out method almost guarantee they WILL get pregnant in a year, but I can see how mentally you'd be surprised when you did.

Also, I hope this little "God's plan was better than ours" didn't turn them off from attempting any sort of family planning. I could see them using this story like Michelle uses her BC story to justify why they just kept having kids . . . 

• Upvote 7

She’s a young fundie who comes from a quiverful family. They didn’t do shit to prevent. I rolled my eyes so hard. Buy some fucking condoms Josie!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

I think saying she wanted to wait is positive and not quiverful at all. She was not saying that was hoping for God waiting, it was all a JoKel decision. Now they just have to use a better method.

Since Alyssa is obviously using BC (for health reasons, so I assume it's approved in their circle) Josie can learn a couple things. If they feel allowed to talk about it.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

They say couples who use the pull out method almost guarantee they WILL get pregnant in a year,

Well, it's not exactly true. It was the only method my grandmas generation were allowed to, and they had just 2 kids each one, while many of their friends had just 1. As I highly doubt an entire generation was doing abstinence, I suppose the method works relatively well if done right.

Also I have a lot of friends using it and talking openly about the method. Of course, they are adults in serious relationships, so are more or less open to a "surprise baby" but as those babies are not coming, I assume pull out is working.

Disclaimer: I know the method is not safe and I wouldn't never recommend it. Of course the data I gave above is not scientific! But it's not the worst method. And it's biblical, isn't it?

• Upvote 3

Diaphragms have been available in the US since the 30s. I assume that’s what my great grandparents used since they only had 2 children in the 30s. Of course I never asked such a personal question. So I’m assuming since they didn’t ever say they had fertility issues. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think saying she wanted to wait is positive and not quiverful at all. She was not saying that was hoping for God waiting, it was all a JoKel decision. Now they just have to use a better method.

I think it is a pretty big deal that she publicly said that they even talked about waiting. To admit that they even considered not "leaving it all up to God"  is something that would never be allowed in some fundy familes (say, the Maxwells) and something that I would have been very surprised to hear from a Duggar or Bates several years ago.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

Its really positive that they even considered it for sure, but they need to do something more than talk. Alyssa also mentioned only wanting 6 children and made comments of posibly not having more kids if the 4º was another girl.

But then all get pregnant in the first year of the marriage (except the ones with fertility problems) and claim to be super surprised, so if they are doing something to prevent its clearly not working.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I noticed this one as well. What caught my attention was that I'm not sure she realizes that balancing some of this stuff is what "normal" adults do as well. You don't have to be a mother to have three loads of laundry not folded or put away. You don't have to be a mother to have the days where your hair is dirty and you don't put make up on. I know that someone asked her specifically about managing that with her new baby as well, so she is answering that question, but Josie went from being a child living under her parents roof to a mother, and I think some of the things she relates to being a mom are things that most adults deal with. She just didn't really have that time to be an adult without being a mother.

IMG_6287.PNG.177deabba3248050e7afd39b0185794a.PNG

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic