IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 5: I just see babies having baby showers!

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, llucie said:

To be fair with Josie all her sisters delivered about 2 weeks earlier, so she probably expected the same.

I think the breakdown is closer to this -

Erin: usually about four weeks early. 

Alyssa: once in her exact due date and twice a few days early.

Tori: around two weeks early. 

Erin we can rule out because she has health stuff that might very well impact when she delivers. So of the two remaining sisters, there’s only been one birth around the two week mark. I don’t think it’s necessarily unreasonable to assume the baby might come around that time, though I believe that most babies will be born closer to within ten days of their due date. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Josie is hoping the baby comes soon and is trying to make that happen. It’s likely pretty hot in Tennessee right now and I wouldn’t be surprised if she was feeling uncomfortable. My sister had a tough second pregnancy that was due in mid-July last year and she was beyond relieved when he decided to arrive 12 days early - the heat and humidity made everything worse for her and we weren’t even dealing with a Southeastern US summer (we’re in New England.)

• Upvote 10

23 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think the breakdown is closer to this -

Erin: usually about four weeks early. 

Alyssa: once in her exact due date and twice a few days early.

Tori: around two weeks early. 

Erin we can rule out because she has health stuff that might very well impact when she delivers. So of the two remaining sisters, there’s only been one birth around the two week mark. I don’t think it’s necessarily unreasonable to assume the baby might come around that time, though I believe that most babies will be born closer to within ten days of their due date. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Josie is hoping the baby comes soon and is trying to make that happen. It’s likely pretty hot in Tennessee right now and I wouldn’t be surprised if she was feeling uncomfortable. My sister had a tough second pregnancy that was due in mid-July last year and she was beyond relieved when he decided to arrive 12 days early - the heat and humidity made everything worse for her and we weren’t even dealing with a Southeastern US summer (we’re in New England.)

I had read in DuggarData that she was expected to give birth two weeks before her due date, but i had not seen all the info put out like that. I think it may be one of those ocasions that doing the average actually gives inacurate data, because Erin circunstances are so excepcional, maybe she shouldnt be taking them into account.

• Upvote 1

Duggar Data did say Bates women tend to give birth "~2 weeks early," but also said, "As of now, Josie is predicted to deliver a Bates–typical 3 Days Early on July 22, 2019."

So I'm not sure what the difference is with that. If Willow is born on July 22, that will be 290 days into their marriage and they will fall into fourth place just behind Jill/Derick in time to baby among Duggars and Bateseseses. (JoKen and JoStin tied for first at 273 ?)

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, llucie said:

I had read in DuggarData that she was expected to give birth two weeks before her due date, but i had not seen all the info put out like that. I think it may be one of those ocasions that doing the average actually gives inacurate data, because Erin circunstances are so excepcional, maybe she shouldnt be taking them into account.

DuggarData has stated Erin is an outlier due to her issues so her average is not included in the overall family average just when predicting when she will deliver her own kids

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, MamaMia02 said:

DuggarData has stated Erin is an outlier due to her issues so her average is not included in the overall family average just when predicting when she will deliver her own kids

We don't know if, or which, other Bates sisters have the same disorder(s) as Erin does so I think the ability to predict is pretty limited at this point.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

We don't know if, or which, other Bates sisters have the same disorder(s) as Erin does so I think the ability to predict is pretty limited at this point.

Wasn't there something about Tori and that the disorder? That she had to take shots or something? I vaguely remember something said during her pregnancy. Does anyone else remember? Or am I remembering wrong?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Wasn't there something about Tori and that the disorder? That she had to take shots or something? I vaguely remember something said during her pregnancy. Does anyone else remember? Or am I remembering wrong?

I believe Tori needed progesterone shots early in her pregnancy. Erin needed daily injections of heparin (or a similar medication) for her clotting issue. So different problems. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

It also wasn't that Erin just went into labor early because of her MTHFR or whatever she has. As far as we know, she was induced early because her medical provider thought it was a greater benefit to labor early. I'm pretty sure these were planned, early inductions.

I know we say it frequently, but I do appreciate that the Bates women at least seem to understand the importance of medical care in pregnancy and for managing health conditions. At least they don't have an additional layer of terrible by claiming essential oils would fix any of their health issues!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

It also wasn't that Erin just went into labor early because of her MTHFR or whatever she has. As far as we know, she was induced early because her medical provider thought it was a greater benefit to labor early. I'm pretty sure these were planned, early inductions.

I know we say it frequently, but I do appreciate that the Bates women at least seem to understand the importance of medical care in pregnancy and for managing health conditions. At least they don't have an additional layer of terrible by claiming essential oils would fix any of their health issues!

I think they had planned to induce, but I also believe Erin went early naturally with all three. I don’t remember her being induced in the hospital with any of them - from what I recall, her labor started at home each time. Carson’s birth had the added complication of a placental abruption, which is completely random and won’t necessarily happen to her again. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

She had low progesterone levels. That can be an early warning sign for miscarriage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

She had low progesterone levels. That can be an early warning sign for miscarriage. 

Is that what Kelly had that was suspected of causing her miscarriage(s) between Ellie and Callie, then she had progesterone for Callie, Judson, and Jeb? It seems I remember she felt the need to defend that action after receiving some criticism for being hypocritical about leaving pregnancies "up to god." She explained that she was getting pregnant on her own, but due to (low progesterone?) her body was unable to carry the pregnancy. All they were doing was providing medical help for their already-existing child.

• Upvote 4

I’d be SHOCKED if they ever tried a home birth or even a birthing center. Glad mother and baby are healthy 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 19tacos&counting said:

I’d be SHOCKED if they ever tried a home birth or even a birthing center. Glad mother and baby are healthy 

Alyssa gives birth in a birthing center. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I still can’t get used to the instagram perfect professional pictures that come out the same day as the birth of the baby. It’s not just the Duggars and Bateses that do this. So many people who are slightly famous (I’m talking reality tv personalities and social media influencers) put out pictures with hair and makeup done less than a day after giving birth. It’s just so strange to me even though it’s been a thing for years now. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I still can’t get used to the instagram perfect professional pictures that come out the same day as the birth of the baby. It’s not just the Duggars and Bateses that do this. So many people who are slightly famous (I’m talking reality tv personalities and social media influencers) put out pictures with hair and makeup done less than a day after giving birth. It’s just so strange to me even though it’s been a thing for years now. 

I'm not a celebrity but a couple hours after my deliveries, I took a shower, put some make up and let's take pictures (not professional, but still). If the birth goes well, why not? 

• Upvote 7

I’m glad the birth went well and everyone appears healthy. I’m sorry to see another innocent child born into this cult though. Here’s hoping her parents do right by her and allow her far more opportunities in life than Josie was ever given. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I tried looking at Carlin, Josie, Tori, Lawson and Michaela’s Instagram stories but they are all “frozen”. Really strange. However the Batesfamily worked and showed a picture of Josie, Kelton and baby Willow ( with a pink bow naturally!). 

28 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm not a celebrity but a couple hours after my deliveries, I took a shower, put some make up and let's take pictures (not professional, but still). If the birth goes well, why not? 

You can do what you want. It’s the idea that it’s the norm or expected from people in the spot light. People who live their lives on social media always seem to have perfect hair, makeup, clothing, and lighting and it just begins to seem so fake. And I find it unappealing.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Alyssa gives birth in a birthing center. 

I think the shock would be if Josie chose to deliver in a birth center because Kelton's mom died in child birth.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Seems like both mom and baby are healthy. Look at that 0 Caesarean sections for the Bates so far. You would think this would make rethink the Duggar girls stance in homebirths, but probably not.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic