Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Josie & Kelton 5: I just see babies having baby showers!

Recommended Posts

Bobology
1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

So Jana and Michaela are good friends, as are Jessa and Jinger, and Joy and Carlin. And then there’s  poor Jilly Muffin. I wonder who was her good friend?

You're kidding, right? Jill's sisters are her best friends! Michelle has been saying that for years. 🙄

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalie22
1 hour ago, Bobology said:

You're kidding, right? Jill's sisters are her best friends! Michelle has been saying that for years. 🙄

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jill and Jana were best friends growing up.  From everything they've said Jana was pretty opinionated and liked to take charge and while Jill might be more extroverted, she seems to be more of a follower. Things might have changed as their lives went in different directions and they started to develop more separately, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were very close growing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justmy2cents
7 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I think you're right.  JD and Zach were close, Jana and Michaela, and Joy and Carlin.  Jill and Erin apparently never hit it off, nor did Jinger and Alyssa.  Siah and Trace are also pretty close in age.  

Besides the 3 you listed, Trace was a groomsman for Joe. They must have been close when Joe went to Crown.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainFunderpants
1 hour ago, Natalie22 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jill and Jana were best friends growing up.  From everything they've said Jana was pretty opinionated and liked to take charge and while Jill might be more extroverted, she seems to be more of a follower. Things might have changed as their lives went in different directions and they started to develop more separately, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were very close growing up.

Yeah, as far as I know Jana and Jill were super close and Jana as her MOH was entirely sincere and not just a matter of 'I'm not close to anyone.' I somewhat regularly wonder if Jill will still be Jana's MOH.

Crazy to think that in a normal family, Jill would be the baby.

With the Bates... Zach, Michaela, Erin, and Lawson would be the baby.

Honestly, the respective personalities of the kids make sense in normal families too.

Zach & Josh: Leaders. In a normal family Josh would probably be an abhorrent fundie lawyer, but not a child molester. Zach may actually have ended up more off the deep end and remind us that those who work forces are sometimes the same that burn crosses.

Michaela and Jana: Oldest girls, leadershippy and caring.

John David: Blissfully lost in the shuffle, quietly working and making bank in the trades.

Erin: Fighting for attention to avoid being lost in the shuffle. In this scenario gets TONs of attention because assuming Michaela is still infertile in this universe, she's the only Bates daughter to give birth.

Jill: The baby and the favorite, currently an L&D nurse.

Lawson: The baby and fighting to get some attention vs. Erin while refusing to settle down and leaving his parents scratching their heads about where they went wrong.

And the best part: None of us would have ever heard of any of them! The end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheRadleyPorch

Nice Rage Against the Machine reference;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JordynDarby5
11 hours ago, bal maiden said:

I don't think it means much that not all kids of the same age are friends. Not everyone clicks with everyone they meet!

I don't either. My mom and her friends wanted their kids to be best friends and close just like they were. It didn't really work out. My brother and I were much young then one of her friends' kids so even when we were together we didn't really interact and as we got older had nothing in common. Her two friends daughters were friends for awhile, my brother was friends for awhile with one of the girls but not the other one, while I was friends with her younger daughter for awhile. We went to different schools and were all very different from each other. If not for our parents being friends I really doubt any of us would have been friends. I do feel bad when my mom and her friends realized we weren't really friends. Every year we used to bake Christmas cookies together and a Christmas get together. One they decided to skip the cookies and just the adults would go out to dinner together, they suggest we kids do the same thing. None of kids wanted to do that because we really didn't know each other, there was too much of an age difference, and had nothing in common. But having to explain that to our parents wasn't exactly easy. Although later my mom did start to realize they signs were all there she just hadn't notice. We didn't call each other or we didn't hang out together. Sometimes you just don't click.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lizzybee

That kind of gives me the sads as I'm sitting here wracking my brain trying to think of who was Jill's friend. Maybe that was why she was such an avid kool-aid drinker and spokesperson for the group. She was people pleasing and extroverted enough that they put her up as the talking head and quietly rolled their eyes at her brown nosing - she might have needed the praise for the fulfillment she lacked from anyone to be particularly close with. Maybe that's why she's changed so much now that she has a support system specifically interested in a relationship with her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
On 6/7/2019 at 2:52 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

Yeah, as far as I know Jana and Jill were super close and Jana as her MOH was entirely sincere and not just a matter of 'I'm not close to anyone.' I somewhat regularly wonder if Jill will still be Jana's MOH.

Crazy to think that in a normal family, Jill would be the baby.

With the Bates... Zach, Michaela, Erin, and Lawson would be the baby.

Honestly, the respective personalities of the kids make sense in normal families too.

Zach & Josh: Leaders. In a normal family Josh would probably be an abhorrent fundie lawyer, but not a child molester. Zach may actually have ended up more off the deep end and remind us that those who work forces are sometimes the same that burn crosses.

Michaela and Jana: Oldest girls, leadershippy and caring.

John David: Blissfully lost in the shuffle, quietly working and making bank in the trades.

Erin: Fighting for attention to avoid being lost in the shuffle. In this scenario gets TONs of attention because assuming Michaela is still infertile in this universe, she's the only Bates daughter to give birth.

Jill: The baby and the favorite, currently an L&D nurse.

Lawson: The baby and fighting to get some attention vs. Erin while refusing to settle down and leaving his parents scratching their heads about where they went wrong.

And the best part: None of us would have ever heard of any of them! The end.

Isn't Alyssa older than Lawson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mimosa
14 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Isn't Alyssa older than Lawson?

Nope, Lawson was born in 1992 and Alyssa in 1994, Nathan is in between in 1993!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
7 hours ago, Mimosa said:

Nope, Lawson was born in 1992 and Alyssa in 1994, Nathan is in between in 1993!

Omg, I totally thought she came after Erin. Lawson and Nathan are so immature I guess it was only logical!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
OyToTheVey
Posted (edited)

Alyssa is #6 iirc

Why do I know these things? 

Zac, Michael, Erin, Lawson, Nathan, Alyssa, Tori, Trace, Carlin, Josie, etc

Edited by OyToTheVey
I'm told Trace came before Carlin
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angelface
18 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Alyssa is #6 iirc

Why do I know these things? 

Zac, Michael, Erin, Lawson, Nathan, Alyssa, Tori, Carlin, Trace, Josie, etc

Trace comes between Tori and Carlin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VelociRapture
38 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Trace comes between Tori and Carlin. 

Yes. Birth order is:

Zach, Michael, Erin, Lawson, Nathan, Alyssa, Tori, Trace, Carlin, Josie, Katie, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah, Addie, Ellie, Callie, Judson, and Jeb. Zach was born in late December 1988 and Jeb was born in early February 2012 - that’s around 24 years of Kelly constantly being pregnant or having just given birth, not even counting the four losses she had. I was able to list all the names in correct order by memory, except I placed Jackson after Isaiah by mistake. I’m pretty sure this makes me a better mom to the Bates kids than Kelly is. 

The Duggar birth order:

Josh, Jana, John, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy, Jed, Jer, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie. Josh was born in early March 1988 and Josie was born in mid-December 2009 - that makes a total of 17 pregnancies and 21 years where Michelle was either pregnant or had just given birth. That’s not even counting Jubilee either. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes. Birth order is:

Zach, Michael, Erin, Lawson, Nathan, Alyssa, Tori, Trace, Carlin, Josie, Katie, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah, Addie, Ellie, Callie, Judson, and Jeb. Zach was born in late December 1988 and Jeb was born in early February 2012 - that’s around 24 years of Kelly constantly being pregnant or having just given birth, not even counting the four losses she had. I was able to list all the names in correct order by memory, except I placed Jackson after Isaiah by mistake. I’m pretty sure this makes me a better mom to the Bates kids than Kelly is. 

The Duggar birth order:

Josh, Jana, John, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy, Jed, Jer, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie. Josh was born in early March 1988 and Josie was born in mid-December 2009 - that makes a total of 17 pregnancies and 21 years where Michelle was either pregnant or had just given birth. That’s not even counting Jubilee either. 

I am both impressed and terrified!  :) 

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VelociRapture
1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am both impressed and terrified!  :) 

Good. I deserve to be both loved and feared. 😂

  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 29
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Good. I deserve to be both loved and feared. 😂

Many of us fear how much we love you.

  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy

Seeing the lists like that it strikes me that each family has 9 and 8 (?) minor kids who still currently need to be raised.

So much focus on the older kids sometimes I forget they each have ginormous broods still at home.  

Im exhausted just thinking about it.

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VelociRapture
2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Many of us fear how much we love you.

I’m suddenly reminded of Michael Scott from “The Office” and I couldn’t be happier about that. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m suddenly reminded of Michael Scott from “The Office” and I couldn’t be happier about that. 😂

That is EXACTLY what was going through my head when I posted!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Seeing the lists like that it strikes me that each family has 9 and 8 (?) minor kids who still currently need to be raised.

So much focus on the older kids sometimes I forget they each have ginormous broods still at home.  

Im exhausted just thinking about it.

I know, right. One time I was thinking about Michelle’s plight. She has 10 sons and 9 daughters.  Holy hell, 10 and 9! Absurd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mollysmom
2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m suddenly reminded of Michael Scott from “The Office” and I couldn’t be happier about that. 😂

That's exactly what I was just thinking!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19tacos&counting

It’s interesting when I look at the list, and I see Lawson and Nathan have 4 (possibly/probably 5 if you count trace) younger siblings who are married and starting families. I wonder how they feel about that. I know Lawson likes to bask in the spotlight but if trace leave home in the next 12-18 months, there’s a good size gap between those two and the younger kids. I wonder how Nathan feels still at home in his mid/late 20s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ohgeeze999

Why do the males get to hang out in Nashville solo and go fly planes/live without supervision? The girls probably wouldn’t get married so fast if they had that option. Nathan and Lawson probably don’t feel as much pressure because, well, they have a life. The girls need a marriage to get out the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy
On 6/8/2019 at 12:32 AM, SassyPants said:

So Jana and Michaela are good friends, as are Jessa and Jinger, and Joy and Carlin. And then there’s  poor Jilly Muffin. I wonder who was her good friend?

Maybe that’s why we see her as the most  invested sister mom? 

Maybe she had a little trouble relating to her peers and the younger ones were easier. 

Thats not snark. When I was a child,  I had trouble relating to my peers and was better with adults and younger children. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johannah
Posted (edited)

I’m not sure how to post a photo, but does anyone know who the girl is in Josie’s latest Instagram post? The one Lawson has his arm around?

*Just realized it’s Katie? 

Edited by Johannah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.