IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 5: I just see babies having baby showers!

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, pugglemama said:

i think Kelton has to be anxious coming up to Josie’s due date. Considering his mother passed during childbirth, it has to be anxiety inducing. Wishing them a smooth last few weeks of pregnancy and birth. 

Is there a known cause of death for Kelton’s mother?

I imagine it will be horrible for him to watch her give birth. Because even if she has a super easy delivery, it’s still a pretty intense experience that I’m not sure he’s prepared for. 

I was in no way close to dying while giving birth but there were still a couple of moments when I was sure I was going to. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I didn't know Kelton's mother died in childbirth.

Wonder if he'll use his "headship" status to limit the babies, then.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, meee said:

I didn't know Kelton's mother died in childbirth.

Wonder if he'll use his "headship" status to limit the babies, then.

Nope they view her as a martyr for the cause. Not the fact that she left 5 babies without a mother. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Mrs.Right said:

Has Kelton’s dad remarried?

IIRC he didn't. 

I don't like Kelton the least bit, but what happened to his mother always made me feel for him. I hope the rest of their pregnancy and the delivery runs smoothly for them.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

If my husband lost his mother tragically during childbirth and we were about to have a baby, you best believe that in addition to hospital tours and birthing classes we'd be signed up for some therapy, even if he said he was fine. 

Same as women who have past histories of rape or sexual abuse and/or trauma should really consider therapy pre-childbirth since people will be touching them and there can be unwanted body or vaginal contact  (hopefully not and choosing a doctor or midwife that you trust and expressing your wishes clearly and having a partner advocating for your wishes and/or hiring a doula can cut down on this tremendously); labor can be a high stress, high emotion, high adrenaline time for *both* partners and it can bring up a lot of real emotional shit. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 6/2/2019 at 10:46 PM, pugglemama said:

i think Kelton has to be anxious coming up to Josie’s due date. Considering his mother passed during childbirth, it has to be anxiety inducing. Wishing them a smooth last few weeks of pregnancy and birth. 

Is there a known cause of death for Kelton’s mother?

She had an aneurysm shortly after childbirth.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

She had an aneurysm shortly after childbirth.

Thanks. I thought I remembered that she didn’t actually die in childbirth but shortly after.

(For some reason I believed it was a car accident 5 days after giving birth- weird how minds mess information up)

Edited by just_ordinary

23 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I thought it was an aneurysm 5 months after the youngest was born.

The obituary says she died during childbirth, however there is a picture of her *alive holding her daughter while in the hospital.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I found a news video 2 weeks after it happened on YouTube. I don’t think they say the exact cause of death, but I do recall reading that.

News video

• Thank You 7

3 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I thought it was an aneurysm 5 months after the youngest was born.

No. Kristy died the same day her youngest daughter was born. In a post about it last year Kelton’s sister, Ariana, mentioned that the day her mother died was the same day he sent another Balka girl to join the family - meaning the day Kiersten was born. She actually worded it kind of nicely and referred to her sister as a gift from God. 

Her obituary didn't give a cause of death, but stated she died during childbirth:

https://www.thomasmcafee.com/notices/Kristy-Balka

ETA: Ariana also shared in a post from November 2015 that Kiersten looked lifeless and wasn’t breathing when she was born - shared in the context of how grateful she is that her sister is healthy and alive. So it does sound as if something went seriously wrong either during the birth or right before Kiersten was born. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

That video was hard to watch. I almost started crying when Kelton’s dad said the five year old was sleeping with his mother’s shirt. How heartbreaking. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

On 6/3/2019 at 2:02 AM, Iamtheway said:

I imagine it will be horrible for him to watch her give birth. Because even if she has a super easy delivery, it’s still a pretty intense experience that I’m not sure he’s prepared for. 

I was in no way close to dying while giving birth but there were still a couple of moments when I was sure I was going to. 

I gave birth and I almost passed out watching my daughter in hard labor. I had to leave the room. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 6/2/2019 at 4:30 PM, lumpentheologie said:

I think it's great that unlike some other fundie wives, Josie can spend a few nights away from her husband without it being the end of the world. 

It's common in Batesland. Whitney even left newborn Kaci to go to Tori's bachelorette party in Florida. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

It's common in Batesland. Whitney even left newborn Kaci to go to Tori's bachelorette party in Florida. 

Interesting compared to Jill Dillard's recent 50s style post where she said something to the tune of "try not to spend a night apart on your first year of marriage". #stage5clinger

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Interesting compared to Jill Dillard's recent 50s style post where she said something to the tune of "try not to spend a night apart on your first year of marriage". #stage5clinger

At first, Bates tried hard to be a copy of Duggars. But have developed differently. While holding the same beliefs, the mainstream flavour is ruling in the Bates side. Duggars are still...very Duggar.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

Jill Dillard is just a walking cringe on every level.

It would surprise me if Erin shared that belief though. It seems like she and Chad are very rarely apart.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Jill Dillard is just a walking cringe on every level.

It would surprise me if Erin shared that belief though. It seems like she and Chad are very rarely apart.

Interesting that Erin and Jill are the same age, and their older sisters are close, yet those two seemingly never clicked.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think it is interesting that besides Joy and Carlin/Jana and Michaela none of the Duggar and Bates girls seem to be pretty close, or did I miss something?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I think it is interesting that besides Joy and Carlin/Jana and Michaela none of the Duggar and Bates girls seem to be pretty close, or did I miss something?

I think you're right.  JD and Zach were close, Jana and Michaela, and Joy and Carlin.  Jill and Erin apparently never hit it off, nor did Jinger and Alyssa.  Siah and Trace are also pretty close in age.  

• Upvote 1

I don't think it means much that not all kids of the same age are friends. Not everyone clicks with everyone they meet!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

^ I agree. I don’t think it’s strange at all. It would be way more weird if they were perfectly matched friends. Just because you run in the same circle and meet and have the same age/similar circumstances  is no guarantee for friendship. I mean they sure are friendly with each other but it takes more to form a deeper personal bond.

• Upvote 8

I don’t find it odd. Technically every person in your grade is the same age as you, from the same town, and probably have similar interests. Most people really click with 2-4 people, and you are friendly enough with many others. But just simply being the same age doesn’t mean you’ll be besties.

• Upvote 7

So Jana and Michaela are good friends, as are Jessa and Jinger, and Joy and Carlin. And then there’s  poor Jilly Muffin. I wonder who was her good friend?

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic