IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 5: I just see babies having baby showers!

HerNameIsBuffy

We use "love on" in Missouri too. I think of it as different than just love, I guess. It's more of an active thing, although not necessarily physical. 

My husband I talk about "getting" each other which is some kind of playful, affectionate teasing. We talk about looking forward to "getting" the baby if we get pregnant and have a baby. That might mean pretending to nibble on baby toes or blowing raspberries on a baby tummy or something. I would also call that loving on the baby. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I say it and hear it said a lot here in Alabama. 
Same here. I'm from nothern Alabama.
  • Upvote 2

I had to chuckle with Josie’s maternity shoot (that she put in her insta story). She said something along the lines of best photographer ever.  

That wasn’t a blurry slap across the face was it Taryn lol

Awaiting the holy blur that will be this weekend duck face extravaganza. 

• Upvote 1

"so there's this brand that keeps popping up all over my feeds" #ad..... Yes sweet Josie that is because all of your sisters, sister-in-law, Duggar friends all partner with thrive market. Now I think we've gotten past the point in discussion about these ladies constantly schilling stuff on their Instagram, however I am curious why thrive is partnering with all of them?You would think they would try to cast various nets with a variety of people, instead they're kind of hitting the same market. You would think that they would know that their followers are probably going to get kind of tired of seeing thrive being promoted on every single one of their feeds. But maybe not, I don't know? I'm not buying this crap but maybe all of their followers really are.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bazinga said:

"so there's this brand that keeps popping up all over my feeds" #ad..... Yes sweet Josie that is because all of your sisters, sister-in-law, Duggar friends all partner with thrive market. Now I think we've gotten past the point in discussion about these ladies constantly schilling stuff on their Instagram, however I am curious why thrive is partnering with all of them?You would think they would try to cast various nets with a variety of people, instead they're kind of hitting the same market. You would think that they would know that their followers are probably going to get kind of tired of seeing thrive being promoted on every single one of their feeds. But maybe not, I don't know? I'm not buying this crap but maybe all of their followers really are.

TBH I like the idea but I'm not trying Thrive cuz I see the same exact items in grocery stores here. Why order online when I'm already in the store. 

• Upvote 1

I've compared Thrive market with things I can get elsewhere and their claims to be cheaper are pretty bogus. Plus you're paying additionally for a membership. With grocery delivery/pickup, I can sit on my computer and price compare. Thrive doesn't have anything I can't get for the same price somewhere else OR for a better price somewhere else. And did I mention you have to pay for a membership? Nah, I'm good. 

• Upvote 3

What the hell are they even doing in that picture?! Kelton always manages to look like a total and complete asshole. If he had Twitter I bet it would be a Lawson Bates sort of Twitter. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 5/16/2019 at 5:48 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

@Shouldabeenacowboy It comes up repeatedly in the Bates threads. Fairly common in the south, weird everywhere else. The Duggars don’t appear to say it, and I don’t think I’ve heard it in Arkansas.

Can we help with the sports jargon?

I grew up in Arkansas and heard it all the time!

On 5/17/2019 at 11:00 AM, bal maiden said:

"Love on" just sounds so... nonconsensual to me. This is probably my own sensitivity, because my own mother tries to touch and kiss me in over the top ways I'm not comfortable with, but I feel the person getting 'loved on' doesn't get to decide whether they want it or not. 

Contrary to what others have said, the way I've heard it used doesn't just mean physical contact, and it's not just for babies and animals. In that case it's basically just showing demonstrating your love for someone (so still more action-based than simply saying "love") and can refer to things like kind words and non-physical actions as well.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

Kelton makes my PHYSICALLY CRINGE. He looks so damn frat boy ??

A74EB8E8-4600-472A-815D-2D5309C584A3.png

Sorry but who sees Kelton next to Evan the dying swan?

• Haha 22
  • Love 3

I see this a lot with my nieces and nephews in their late 20’s late 30’s similar to the  Bates and Duggar couples, where the women attend functions all decked out or more formally dressed, and the guys are in jeans (probably their best pair) collared shirts and tennis shoes. Occasionally the guys will upgrade the footwear.  Is this a newer trend? Do younger guys no longer own pants other than jeans? 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

Kelton makes my PHYSICALLY CRINGE. He looks so damn frat boy ??

A74EB8E8-4600-472A-815D-2D5309C584A3.png

Yes, and the way Kelton is holding his sunglasses makes it even more frat boy.

And can we talk about how Evan is touching Carlin's stomach with only his fingertips???????????

• Haha 6

I showed that to Mr. CL and his first thought was, “what happened to the one guy’s leg?  Is he ok?”  Then he said the other one looks like he’s holding back a fart.  

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I see this a lot with my nieces and nephews in their late 20’s late 30’s similar to the  Bates and Duggar couples, where the women attend functions all decked out or more formally dressed, and the guys are in jeans (probably their best pair) collared shirts and tennis shoes. Occasionally the guys will upgrade the footwear.  Is this a newer trend? Do younger guys no longer own pants other than jeans? 

I do think it is a trend. Not sure how I feel about it at traditionally more formal events (weddings/christenings/funerals- basically every important social event that comes with a church visit) but especially young people (u25) seem to feel more comfortable in that kind of outfit. It’s preppy but never overdressed. Different standards regarding dressing for work might play a part too why they might feel uncomfortable or overdressed in a proper suit or suit pants. I do like this style if you want to dress up but don’t over do it (a date, important more formal birthday, work, Christmas, Easter, church if you feel like that’s something you have to dress up for).

Thought about it: weddings are the social function were it’s inappropriate the most if hasn’t made been clear jeans are absolutely ok in my opinion.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 5/22/2019 at 9:41 AM, Bazinga said:

I don’t have any fundie type people in my social circle, and still have lots of posts about Thrive pop up. I finally tried it. Ive only used it once so far, , but liked it a lot. I have limited mobility though, so store shopping is hard for me, I do most orders on-line, and this fills the gap between the grocery store and Amazon. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

That’s the usual look in that age group for people I know. Although most of the guys where Dickies more than jeans. 

• Upvote 1

My motto is “if you don’t have anything nice to say about fundie douchebros flashing faux ‘gang signs’ and clutching their pregnant teenage duckfacing wives, don’t say anything at all”, so:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

My motto is “if you don’t have anything nice to say about fundie douchebros flashing faux ‘gang signs’ and clutching their pregnant teenage duckfacing wives, don’t say anything at all”, so:

That needs to be stitched on a pillow....something by which we can all live our lives.  :) 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Evan looks like he's doing an elegant version of the pee-pee dance and Kelton looks like he's about to take a dump a la Zeke in the Mad Pooper episode of Bob's Burgers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Looks like Josie and Katie are going to visit Alyssa in Florida without kelton. I’m surprised she flying this late in her pregnancy without him. I forgot how many weeks she is but she due  July so I’m assuming 32-34 week. 

9B531E59-EDB7-4FBF-82A6-F560037F8703.png

Edited by 19tacos&counting
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, 19tacos&counting said:

Looks like Josie and Katie are going to visit Alyssa in Florida without kelton. I’m surprised she flying this late in her pregnancy without him. I forgot how many weeks she is but she due  July so I’m assuming 32-34 week. 

Isnt it too early for it to be a maternal leave? Maybe is only for the weekend but if not maybe she already left the job to prepare for the baby.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, 19tacos&counting said:

She’s 32 weeks

• Thank You 3

I think it's great that unlike some other fundie wives, Josie can spend a few nights away from her husband without it being the end of the world. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

i think Kelton has to be anxious coming up to Josie’s due date. Considering his mother passed during childbirth, it has to be anxiety inducing. Wishing them a smooth last few weeks of pregnancy and birth. 

Is there a known cause of death for Kelton’s mother?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic