IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 5: I just see babies having baby showers!

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

I would say Chad is the most unhappy out of all of them. That man has looked so tired for the past 2 years. He's lost weight and gained undereye circles of someone who hasn't slept in a long time. 

Chad‘s look reminds me of when they show presidents (minus the orange troll) before they start their presidency and at the end of their term. They age quickly! 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I would say Chad is the most unhappy out of all of them. That man has looked so tired for the past 2 years. He's lost weight and gained undereye circles of someone who hasn't slept in a long time. 

And if you look at Chad’s siblings, none of them look like that. It’s not like it’s a family trait. As the oldest son, I bet Chad feels like he can never say no. And it shows.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Alyssa and John appear to me to be the happiest.  And maybe Zach and Whitney.  I don't get truly happy vibes from the rest.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Pretty off topic, but Kelton's sister Ariana got engaged yesterday.  Today is apparently her intended's birthday, and she just posted the most generic and stereotypical fundie message I can imagine:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favoritest person! ? Joel, you have been such an encourager to me, and I love seeing your heart for others and for the Lord. You always keep me laughing, and I can’t wait to do life with you! I hope this next year of your life is the best one yet! I can’t wait to walk into this next season of life together! ? I love you forever! ❣️

Seriously it's impossible to parody these people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 30

28 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Pretty off topic, but Kelton's sister Ariana got engaged yesterday.  Today is apparently her intended's birthday, and she just posted the most generic and stereotypical fundie message I can imagine:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favoritest person! ? Joel, you have been such an encourager to me, and I love seeing your heart for others and for the Lord. You always keep me laughing, and I can’t wait to do life with you! I hope this next year of your life is the best one yet! I can’t wait to walk into this next season of life together! ? I love you forever! ❣️

How old are they?

As one girl who has lost her Mum, I can imagine it will be bitter sweet to be missing a parent at your wedding... 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

It sounds like a young fundie girl who is unsure what to write publicly to her fiancé. It’s sad really. I hope she is able to be more open with him when it’s just the two of them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Regarding Chad and Erin, we know how Fundies like to preach the part about "wives, submit yourself to your Husband as to the Lord", but I think Chad has read on to the part about "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her". I think Erin takes full advantage of this, and is constantly pushing Chad to see just how much she can ask for and accept from him. I'm not sure that she thinks of his well-being when she asks for things (or wants more children).

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

How old are they?

Per Fundie Wiki, Ariana Balka's birthday is February 5, 1998, so 21 currently. Their source seems pretty legit and she's a senior at PCC, which also fits age-wise.

Her finance's name is Joel Cape. I don't have a birth date for him, but he graduated high school in 2016, and since his birthday was yesterday, I'm going to presume he was born on November 12, 1997 (although, especially if he was homeschooled, it could also be '98). Joel just finished barber school and is now starting to work at a barber shop in Knoxville.

Hopefully Ariana finishes her last year of college (even if it's PCC) before they get married and start popping out arrows for the Lord. It'll give him some time to save a little money, too.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

18 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Alyssa and John appear to me to be the happiest.  And maybe Zach and Whitney.  I don't get truly happy vibes from the rest.

*Speculation, but...

I think Josie and Kelton are happy now. But I think that he's the kind of person who looks for support and is never the supporter. No doubt he loves her, but I feel she must be the strong one, the pusher, who is not allowed to be weak because her partner is in emotional need. Maybe I'm reading too much in them! (Disclaimer, I'm not saying this because he lost his mom. He just reminds me several immature men I know... Men who are 30, 40 and 50 and never get the *adult level*). They can live a nice, quiet life, but at some point Josie may start feeling that she deserves more...

Alyssa and John are happy and I see a very well-balanced mariage there. 

Zach and Whit look happy but she always seem a bit forced. Sometimes I think that Zach is probably more bossy than he seems.

Chad and Erin. I don't see Chad happy. Erin yes, she's happy as far as she gets what she wants. She probably chooses to live in denial, imagining that as her house is perfect, everything else is perfect, too. 

I don't follow the others so much, so I have not an opinion.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Chad and Erin. I don't see Chad happy. Erin yes, she's happy as far as she gets what she wants. She probably chooses to live in denial, imagining that as her house is perfect, everything else is perfect, too. 

Yeah, the more I see of Erin the more I dislike her. She seems to be a spoiled brat & if/when she doesn't get her way....look out. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Am I the only one here smiling that No One has replied to Erin/Chad’s new thread in a month’s time?

They are so boring. Almost as boring as the Duggars!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Am I the only one here smiling that No One has replied to Erin/Chad’s new thread in a month’s time?

She'll be delivering within a month. There will be some fast interest. It will be interesting to see just how long her thread will last- Tori's is going on two kids.

• Upvote 4

Just listened to Josie's insta stories and it was so refreshing to hear her admit to not dieting after baby but eating a clean diet. it was nice hearing her say she just makes small changes one step at a time. Never thought I'd ever come on here to praise a Bates. ?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

Just listened to Josie's insta stories and it was so refreshing to hear her admit to not dieting after baby but eating a clean diet. it was nice hearing her say she just makes small changes one step at a time. Never thought I'd ever come on here to praise a Bates. ?

Clean eating seems to be the new social accepted way of dieting though. It has become a way to conceal tiny portions and pretty limited food choices. Even if it doesn’t have to be. Making healthier choices is a phrase that goes the same direction. In the end it is not really about eating healthy but loosing weight. Obviously that’s not true for everyone one but in terms of “Influencers” it seems to be the case for 95%.

And she was probably just shilling something again.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Confession for the day. I think Josie does a good job as an influencer. Initially she spoke too fast, but has learned to slow done. She is expressive and believable. Now would I ever buy a product that she was shilling, likely not. I did enjoy her recent IG about plant care. I also have many indoor plants, so it was an interesting segment. I also like that she rarely features Willow. Lastly in terms of dieting, on a recent IG J and K were on a date night, and they were both eating huge hamburgers with fries. Now maybe Josie only ate one bite and took the rest home, but I was surprised at her plate of food. Of course SassyPants would have had no problem powering it down, but I’m not Josie thin-

• Upvote 8

So much of 'clean eating' is based on pseudoscience and anecdata. As @just_ordinary says, it's dieting by another name. Nothing wrong with eating more veggies and less junk food, but any time someone calls it 'clean eating', as opposed to 'eating more veg and less crap', I assume they've bought in to all the bollocks that comes with it such as juice cleanses, claiming certain foods are 'inflammatory', coconut oil and date balls, kale everything, coconut sugar, etc etc. 

• Upvote 7

From someone with (medically diagnosed and reconstructive surgeries to back it up) inflammatory disease in my gut, eating ‘clean’ does nothing.

If things are going well, my dietician has me eating an anti-inflammatory diet. If things aren’t going well, I have to eat a low residue diet. If things are going badly I have to follow a liquid diet (optifast so I still get some nutrients - it was designed for weight loss but if i drink enough of it, it stops me from losing weight when I’m sick).

Clean has nothing to do with it. 

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Did anyone else notice she was in an offer the shoulder dress as a bridesmaid in a wedding with a backless dress? Both were very tasteful, I thought, but it surprised me.

• Upvote 3

On 11/24/2019 at 8:37 PM, PurpleCats said:

Did anyone else notice she was in an offer the shoulder dress as a bridesmaid in a wedding with a backless dress? Both were very tasteful, I thought, but it surprised me.

Yes, I thought the bridesmaid dress looked very nice on her. 

• Upvote 1

She looked lovely. The wine glasses at the reception also looked lovely: it was clearly not a dry reception. The married children are evolving their own social circles now, including people who don't follow the same standards, and I'm glad of it. They will see that, like women wearing pants, alcohol is not an immediate invitation to Satan.  I wonder which Duggar/Bates child will be the first to openly drink?

Josie's Instagram is getting very product-heavy these days, and she's definitely going down the internet influencer route, which can be quite lucrative. It will be interesting to see where she ends up in a few years.

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

She looked lovely. The wine glasses at the reception also looked lovely: it was clearly not a dry reception. The married children are evolving their own social circles now, including people who don't follow the same standards, and I'm glad of it. They will see that, like women wearing pants, alcohol is not an immediate invitation to Satan.  I wonder which Duggar/Bates child will be the first to openly drink?

Josie's Instagram is getting very product-heavy these days, and she's definitely going down the internet influencer route, which can be quite lucrative. It will be interesting to see where she ends up in a few years.

Jinger and Jeremy?

• Upvote 2

JinJer are the only ones that aren't still Baptist, so that seems like a pretty good bet to me.

My other guess would be Zach because he sometimes seems to just not give a crap about the fundie rules. I could see Zach grabbing a beer on a double date with a co-worker and they put up a photo on instagram where it's pretty obvious the drink is in front of him, but they of course never comment on it.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

JinJer are the only ones that aren't still Baptist, so that seems like a pretty good bet to me.

My other guess would be Zach because he sometimes seems to just not give a crap about the fundie rules. I could see Zach grabbing a beer on a double date with a co-worker and they put up a photo on instagram where it's pretty obvious the drink is in front of him, but they of course never comment on it.

I agree. I think it would be Zach and Whitney. She wasn’t raised fundie so she may not think all alcohol is evil. The last ones to drink will be Brandon and Michael. I could see those two going their entire lives without a sip of alcohol. My great grandparents were like that. They had zero interest in alcohol. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Wait, they're not? What are they?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic