IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 5: I just see babies having baby showers!

HerNameIsBuffy

On 8/9/2019 at 1:58 PM, indianabones said:

She modeled for them in their first ever photoshoot, back in April, but not since then. I imagine she's getting paid by Josie's Boutique to promote their clothing and not so much to do anything for her sisters' clothing line... Plus, it's probably also a conflict of interest and might be against her contract with Josie's Boutique. Assuming she has one.

Personally, I think she might just be one of those people who gets a boyfriend as a teenager (or in her case a new husband) and stops spending time with her friends and family. Katie hasn't posted about how they're best friends since Josie got engaged, and neither has her other good friend, Makayla (minus birthday posts.)

There seem to be people like Jill who spend all of their free time with the family while their husband is at work and then there are people like Josie who have an outside job and also probably wanted to escape their house. And now she has a baby and even more of an excuse not to be around the Bates anymore. I think she's a lot more like Alyssa than Erin in that respect. I'm sure as the honeymoon phase wears off and baby gets older that'll change.

Makayla has posted about Josie being her best friend in non-birthday posts. Plus they interact a lot on IG as does Katie. Plus she has travelled without Kelton with Katie to visit Alyssa in Florida. I don’t get the impression that she’s dropped her close contact with Katie nor Alyssa at all. Seems more like distance from the less similar sisters. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a theory as to why Josie cleaned up her hair Instagram. She removed all but two photos of her hairdressing work? Maybe the people asked her to take them down? 

• Upvote 2

On 9/3/2019 at 6:37 AM, VBOY9977 said:

Kelton is giving me second hand embarrassment with his plumbing insta stories. I hope someone actually cares lol

I've watched a couple of them (without sound) and thought it's actually endearing (in a dorky way) to watch him being so enthusiastic about his work. And I'd rather watch that than wanna-be preacher Jeremy Vuolo pretending to read Greek, for example.

But yeah, no idea what Kelton was going on and on about in the car. Plumbing for Jesus? 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Just now, DillyDally said:

I've watched a couple of them (without sound) and thought it's actually endearing (in a dorky way) to watch him being so enthusiastic about his work. And I'd rather watch that than wanna-be preacher Jeremy Vuolo pretending to read Greek, for example.

But yeah, no idea what Kelton was going on and on about in the car. Plumbing for Jesus? 

I mean, I honestly kinda feel bad for him because I’m pretty sure most people follow him because of Josie, so I don’t the majority of him followers are that interested. 

Wait...so Josie models for this other boutique but not for her sisters? Hmm...I wonder what's up with that? I would choose my sisters and seek an endorsement from an unrelated business, but that's just me.

11 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Wait...so Josie models for this other boutique but not for her sisters? Hmm...I wonder what's up with that? I would choose my sisters and seek an endorsement from an unrelated business, but that's just me.

She may have made some sort of agreement with the other boutique that she wouldn't advertise for others

• Love 2

She's been appearing in some of the latest ones for her sisters. Not many pics, but a few. 
Oh, ok. I didn't know that. I rake back what I posted before

16 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:
4 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:
She's been appearing in some of the latest ones for her sisters. Not many pics, but a few. 

Oh, ok. I didn't know that. I rake back what I posted before

I had noticed it and was proud of her for not going with the flow. Now it appears she is doing some modeling for them post-baby. I haven't really seen her posting messages about them though. 

Per their IG stories, Josie and Kelton are at Disney World. Josie captioned a story of Kelton pushing Willow in the stroller down Main Street with "Best Dad Ever."

Did Alyssa moving to the Orlando area bring on the Bates' fervor for Disney, or was it a thing that was acceptable for them even in their Frumper days?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Per their IG stories, Josie and Kelton are at Disney World. Josie captioned a story of Kelton pushing Willow in the stroller down Main Street with "Best Dad Ever."

Did Alyssa moving to the Orlando area bring on the Bates' fervor for Disney, or was it a thing that was acceptable for them even in their Frumper days?

I laughed at this too. Didn't we have proof in a recent Reddit AMA that the younger Bates used to pride themselves on not knowing popular kid's movies and would even shame their friend for it?

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Are they there with other people? That's so expensive to go to DW and not even be able to enjoy most of the rides together bc one of you has to remain with the 6 week old baby. Unless you are with others and are rotating in and out. But, IMHO, it wouldn't be much fun just the two of you rotating in and out of rides the whole time, by yourself. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

It looks like they are there with another family that seems to have a pre-school age daughter. They were at Animal Kingdom yesterday and Magic Kingdom today, so that's at least two (expensive!!) days in the park. (Which I get can be worth it - I'm planning a 4 day trip in Feb with long-distance friends!!)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I was surprised when I saw it too, knowing the cost. I also do at least one largish shopping back. Disney souvenirs are not cheap. Not judging! Just more surprised that these luxuries are in their budget. 

It was our original plan to try and own a house before our thirties. This is not happening. Ideally, we would like to own our home before having a baby. This may not happen either. 

My husband and I both work full time jobs and we have prioritized travel, which likely contributes to why we haven’t reached our home ownership goals. I know Jelton (autocorrect but I’m keeping it here for their couple name) live in a less expensive area than the country than I do, but still surprised at the idea of these two young people owning a home, having a child, AND affording travel. Off one salary? And a half for any UPTV money? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 9/12/2019 at 11:46 PM, neurogirl said:

It looks like they are there with another family that seems to have a pre-school age daughter. They were at Animal Kingdom yesterday and Magic Kingdom today, so that's at least two (expensive!!) days in the park. (Which I get can be worth it - I'm planning a 4 day trip in Feb with long-distance friends!!)

I'm still amazed at how ANY of them have the funds to travel as much as they do. Before UP came along, a few of the Bates girls did a mission trip to Romania. Passports, plane tickets, food, and lodging! HOW was this possible?? They did appear on the Duggar show a few times back then but that money should have been put towards the family and not some unnecessary trip. We are heading to Orlando for Christmas and I've been pinching $20 two times a month, since Feb., just so I can visit at least 2 parks. Family is renting a house so we will be cooking instead of eating out. Packing light since there is a washer and dryer. Gotta all planned out. Y'all wish me luck?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I know plenty of people who don't make a ton of money but prioritize travel and find a way to make it happen. I'm not saying they did it on the cheap but there are ways to do it cheaper if you wish. There are TONS of hotels and VRBO options that are super reasonable just outside of the gates or the budget (pop) resorts on property. Plus, Alyssa is a FL resident and therefor has access to discount tickets  - so as long as she buys them an activates them she doesn't have to be there for Josie to use them. Grocery shopping to cook breakfast/dinner at your rental and only eating in the parks for lunch is a great way to save money too. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

My husband and I both work full time jobs and we have prioritized travel, which likely contributes to why we haven’t reached our home ownership goals. I know Jelton (autocorrect but I’m keeping it here for their couple name) live in a less expensive area than the country than I do, but still surprised at the idea of these two young people owning a home, having a child, AND affording travel. Off one salary? And a half for any UPTV money? 

5 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I'm still amazed at how ANY of them have the funds to travel as much as they do. Before UP came along, a few of the Bates girls did a mission trip to Romania. Passports, plane tickets, food, and lodging! HOW was this possible?? They did appear on the Duggar show a few times back then but that money should have been put towards the family and not some unnecessary trip.

The perennial question! After reading about Gil’s sermons on grifting plus seeing the post by ZingerWinger a while back, I’m more willing to accept that the Bates kids all have weird relationships with money and make lots of terrible financial decisions.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, LillyP said:

Plus, Alyssa is a FL resident and therefor has access to discount tickets  - so as long as she buys them an activates them she doesn't have to be there for Josie to use them.

I’m pretty sure that’s not true now that Disney’s introduced the biometric scanners. I’m not surprised that they go to Disney even if it’s not a great financial choice. Plenty of people do, me included.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I know Jelton (autocorrect but I’m keeping it here for their couple name) live in a less expensive area than the country than I do, but still surprised at the idea of these two young people owning a home, having a child, AND affording travel. Off one salary? And a half for any UPTV money?

Kelton family is quite well off I think. Maybe they gave K some money to help with the house. And he has been working for some years, while living home, so it means savings. Also, if he works for his father's company, he can receive a big salary than working in another company. Josie worked for at least 2 years before having Willow.

I see 2 very young people who are enjoying being unchaperoned, traveling, etc. It's good for them to enjoy their youth, because time flies and soon they'll have several kids and life will be harder. If they don't get a new experiences now, they can get frustrated in the future.

10 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

The perennial question! After reading about Gil’s sermons on grifting plus seeing the post by ZingerWinger a while back, I’m more willing to accept that the Bates kids all have weird relationships with money and make lots of terrible financial decisions

I think the opposite. Bates married kids seem to be far better money-managers than Kelly and Gil, which is no difficult. Any of them is grifting. They all work (or at least 1 adult works at each household). It's obvious than some of them earn more money than others, and some of them are not exactly frugal, but I don't see them making terrible financial decisions. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Before UP came along, a few of the Bates girls did a mission trip to Romania. Passports, plane tickets, food, and lodging! HOW was this possible?? They did appear on the Duggar show a few times back then but that money should have been put towards the family and not some unnecessary trip.

Because it's very probable that they did not pay for it. They grifted the money for sure. In addition, remember that Bates girls were on the circle of Gothard favourites. Maybe the organization subsidied the travel or some of the expenses. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Kelton family is quite well off I think. Maybe they gave K some money to help with the house. And he has been working for some years, while living home, so it means savings. Also, if he works for his father's company, he can receive a big salary than working in another company. Josie worked for at least 2 years before having Willow.

I see 2 very young people who are enjoying being unchaperoned, traveling, etc. It's good for them to enjoy their youth, because time flies and soon they'll have several kids and life will be harder. If they don't get a new experiences now, they can get frustrated in the future.

I think the opposite. Bates married kids seem to be far better money-managers than Kelly and Gil, which is no difficult. Any of them is grifting. They all work (or at least 1 adult works at each household). It's obvious than some of them earn more money than others, and some of them are not exactly frugal, but I don't see them making terrible financial decisions. 

And Kelton not only works as a plumber for his uncle company, since he is a finance graduate he mentioned doing numbers for the company too. I am sure his uncle is paying him well. If it wasnt a good paying job Bobby wouldnt have given up his dream of becoming a pastor for work there too.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I was given a quote of $250 to change a leaky faucet in my office. And that’s the guys next door who I’ve know for years. Didn’t include price of new faucet tho. I’m pretty sure Kelton makes good money. There’s no way they’re struggling financially right now. Add 10 more kids and the story will change tho. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 9/3/2019 at 12:54 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Anyone have a theory as to why Josie cleaned up her hair Instagram. She removed all but two photos of her hairdressing work? Maybe the people asked her to take them down? 

I noticed her bio on that account no longer lists the salon she was at, so maybe it's because she's not currently/no longer cutting there? Maybe all those pics in the chair at the salon aren't "hers" to post anymore? Just a guess, of course--not a stylist and don't really know how salon dynamics work. 

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic