IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 7: Fundie Babypocalypse in Full Effect

HerNameIsBuffy

8 hours ago, JMO said:

It says that they both had COVID after he got it at work.  I wonder when this was in relation to Carlin/Erin's illnesses.   Why weren't they all upfront about this months ago????  It sounds like it was around the same time since she said she found out around the time she was found out that she was pregnant.  that would probably be around August, when Erin had it.  I think we realized that Carlin had it in July?  

So interesting she's due in June, as I am - the end of June, and I'm 9.5 weeks having conceived in early October, found out end of October. So even if shes due the first week of June, they probably conceived in September and found out at the end of that month or early October.  This is either a bit of an early announcement or right around the 12-14 week mark, which makes sense.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

#4 is due in june

https://people.com/parents/bringing-up-bates-whitney-bates-pregnant-expecting-4th-child-coronavirus-zach-bates-exclusive/

I wasn’t speculating about Whitney at all. I think Erin might announce soon as well.

Called it. I think Erin miscarried and they were due at about the same time. Because there was a joyful pic of Whitney and Erin together (this was when I started to suspect they were both pregnant), followed by the attention seeking vague-post about life giving us challenges, followed by the covid admission.  I have no inside knowledge--just speculation. They aren't as mysterious and tricky with their posts as they think they are.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

Yes I'm not sure these two are quiverfull. If they are quiverfull, hopefully they'll change their minds and decide to stop being quiverfull. 

Whitney wasn't raised fundie, which might make a difference. 

If Zach is insisting on them having a full quiver, he should more supportive of her working. It's hard to support 10 kids on one income. 

It does seem early to announce.  The Bates girls are all obsessed with gender, so I wonder if they want a brother for Bradley. Good for them if they haven't said that.

These two weren't the ones I expected to announce next. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Whitney wasn't raised fundie, which might make a difference.

She was an only child and she was put in foster care as a teenager. First she went with a complicated foster family, but then she went with the Owens, who had a million adopted kids. And who were not as fundie as Bates, but deeply conservative. I'm.speculating, but a teenager raised alone in a troubled home, finding a warm place in a big family can turn her quiverful in a blink of an eye.

I think it's not Whitney who will put a limit in their number of kids, but Zach, who is the one making changes at that home (TV, clothes...). Not saying he will, just that if someone limits the family size, it will be him (for his own mental health and pocket). 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

57 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

She was an only child and she was put in foster care as a teenager. First she went with a complicated foster family, but then she went with the Owens, who had a million adopted kids. And who were not as fundie as Bates, but deeply conservative. I'm.speculating, but a teenager raised alone in a troubled home, finding a warm place in a big family can turn her quiverful in a blink of an eye.

I think it's not Whitney who will put a limit in their number of kids, but Zach, who is the one making changes at that home (TV, clothes...). Not saying he will, just that if someone limits the family size, it will be him (for his own mental health and pocket). 

I can see Whitney going either way, but I can see her being tired of being pregnant and wanting to lose weight and start keeping a trim figure. It's good if Zach can see through his childhood teachings to do what's right for his family. 

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, freethemall said:

So interesting she's due in June, as I am - the end of June, and I'm 9.5 weeks having conceived in early October, found out end of October. So even if shes due the first week of June, they probably conceived in September and found out at the end of that month or early October.  This is either a bit of an early announcement or right around the 12-14 week mark, which makes sense.

I'm guessing she conceived early September and is past the 12w mark. I am currently pregnant, due June 22nd, and conceived the last few days of September. I'm currently 10w and based on their past history I'd assume they waited until the "safe zone" to announce. Plus being on #4 I'm sure for a small girl like Whitney it's harder to hide the bump that long.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If Zach is insisting on them having a full quiver, he should more supportive of her working. It's hard to support 10 kids on one income. 

I

How is he not supportive of Whitney working?  She was working when he met her; she's sold real estate, and she has an online site with her sisters selling poorly-made clothing.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

How is he not supportive of Whitney working?  She was working when he met her; she's sold real estate, and she has an online site with her sisters selling poorly-made clothing.

To be fair, fundies often disapprove of women working unless its inside the home (like the online boutique) or with very flexible hours (like real estate) but that does limit women. So the jobs she's done since marriage are "fundie approved" so to speak. I don't know if that's her choice, or if he would support her in a more traditional 9 to 5 outside the home job. We haven't really seen that so we can't really know. But we know his background disapproves of it and we know she left her service job when they married (if I recall correctly).

Edited by OrchidBlossom
  • Upvote 10

6 hours ago, LillyP said:

I'm guessing she conceived early September and is past the 12w mark. I am currently pregnant, due June 22nd, and conceived the last few days of September. I'm currently 10w and based on their past history I'd assume they waited until the "safe zone" to announce. Plus being on #4 I'm sure for a small girl like Whitney it's harder to hide the bump that long.

Congrats, our due dates are a week apart! I'm due about June 27th. Still puking a bunch. Fun times to be gestating.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

I’m due July 22nd. Early days still. No puking yet. I feel like I need a fundie due date buddy! My other 2 kids were born within 1-2 days of Allie Jane and Gideon. Maybe Carlin? Jessa? We’ll see who announces next 

• Upvote 3

Wishing the best for all you pregnant FJ-mothers ? 

I hope to be pregnant soon and to have some FJ-buddies when the time comes.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

I wonder about Bradly’s schooling. I think he just turned six. Is Tori still home schooling him? If Whitney is pregnant will she be able to home school him? I wonder if they would send their kids out for school and not say anything. 

• I Agree 1

The more kids they have, the harder it will be for Whitney to get out and work. I thought Kelly made it clear she didn't approve of being a daycare for Z & W so Whitney could work. They could send them to school, but there will likely be 2-3 who are too young for school and daycare costs would eat up any income she brought in.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wonder about Bradly’s schooling. I think he just turned six. Is Tori still home schooling him? If Whitney is pregnant will she be able to home school him? I wonder if they would send their kids out for school and not say anything. 

Kelly was pregnant every single year and she never considered school for her children. The main goal for them is not a good education, but to keep kids at home with the minimum contact with others. And to have moms enslaved, too.

Tori does not like teaching, or does not like kids. She couldn't be nice to her "students" even for a video. She role-plays the strict old school teacher. 

What I think Erin and Whitney are doing is homeschool with videos some days a week and send the kids to Tori's sometimes. Erin claims she watches the videos with Carson, but anyway it's lazy schooling that makes easy to keep adding more and more children.

I think Zach is too tied to Bates for doing a major change like that (public school) and as they are living in a little town, maybe there aren't Chistian schools, or are too expensive or too *modern*.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I think that was something to do before Tori had 2 kids of her own, and dont they live in Nashville, so too far away? I think there's lots of hope that W + Z will put the kids in a real school, if even a small Christian one, but I wont hold my breath until I see it.

Her real estate career is likely dead, that always just seemed like a hobby to me the way other girls jobs have been (Alyssa as florist, Katie cosmetology, in some ways even Josie as hair stylist and Erin as piano teacher, and the Bates Sister Boutique). I say this because all their jobs are secondary to their main jobs as housewives, it's something fun to do for a few hours and earn a few bucks in the process, but can be ditched easily.

• Upvote 3

On 11/25/2020 at 8:07 PM, freethemall said:

Congrats, our due dates are a week apart! I'm due about June 27th. Still puking a bunch. Fun times to be gestating.

Congrats to you too!! I seem to be (thankfully!!!!) over the bulk of my sickness so here's to hoping it lets up for you! It's a crazy time to be expecting and I'm already  bummed about how different the entire thing is going to be from my last! My husband especially, who was super involved last time, and is really disappointed to not be at appointments. Our silver lining is that we did the genetic testing, which includes gender, so we should be finding out within another week or so what we're having! Finding out early is the one thing that is giving me something to look forward to! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, freethemall said:

I think that was something to do before Tori had 2 kids of her own, and dont they live in Nashville, so too far away? I think there's lots of hope that W + Z will put the kids in a real school, if even a small Christian one, but I wont hold my breath until I see it.

Her real estate career is likely dead, that always just seemed like a hobby to me the way other girls jobs have been (Alyssa as florist, Katie cosmetology, in some ways even Josie as hair stylist and Erin as piano teacher, and the Bates Sister Boutique). I say this because all their jobs are secondary to their main jobs as housewives, it's something fun to do for a few hours and earn a few bucks in the process, but can be ditched easily.

They've moved from Nashville back to Knoxville where Bobby is working with Kelton now. Just FYI. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

Her real estate career is likely dead, that always just seemed like a hobby to me the way other girls jobs have been (Alyssa as florist, Katie cosmetology, in some ways even Josie as hair stylist and Erin as piano teacher, and the Bates Sister Boutique). I say this because all their jobs are secondary to their main jobs as housewives, it's something fun to do for a few hours and earn a few bucks in the process

Erin had a ton of students. She worked very hard even after having Carson. Not a hobbie at all.

Josie had a real job as a hairdresser, with a normal schedule for a couple years (until she had Willow).

What I mean is that some of them know what working is. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Erin had a ton of students. She worked very hard even after having Carson. Not a hobbie at all.

Josie had a real job as a hairdresser, with a normal schedule for a couple years (until she had Willow).

But both had to give it up to take care of their children. The question is if one of them would be brave enought to prioritize her job outside the home and put them in school. If Katie marries Travis she will because his family owns a school, but for the others it may be more difficult.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I agree with you, they do know what working is, and having a job, at least in the form of a side hustle. But none of these were full time or long term, and while they have pursued jobs, I'd say that's different than pursuing a career. In that sense, most of these were done more for fun or as passion projects, and could be given up easily or replaced with non-paying alternatives.

• Upvote 6

On 11/27/2020 at 4:05 PM, llucie said:

But both had to give it up to take care of their children. The question is if one of them would be brave enought to prioritize her job outside the home and put them in school. If Katie marries Travis she will because his family owns a school, but for the others it may be more difficult.

Actually Josie has a small business with a cosmetologist friend. They do hair and makeup for weddings, so they can work as much or as little as they want, and they know the dates in advance, so they can arrange childcare. It’s possible that Covid sent it all to hell, but that’s not their fault. But you’re right that they won’t prioritize working weekdays over homeschooling.

• Upvote 7

On 11/27/2020 at 3:05 PM, llucie said:

Bolding mine

They CHOSE to remain in the family cult, and give up careers to procreate and raise children.  Also Erin did continue teaching piano for a while after marriage and I believe the first kid.  

• Upvote 7

On 11/27/2020 at 11:40 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Erin didn't have a ton of students. She lives out in the country, for goodness sake. It's hard to find clients who are willing to drive 50 minutes (one way!) for a piano lesson. Most of her clients were her siblings and perhaps church members who lived within reasonable driving distance. Also, with a baby in the house, and Chad out working every day, I don't see how she could have had tons of students. 

As for Josie, we have no idea what her schedule was. Maybe she worked 2 days a week, maybe one, who knows?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Erin didn't have a ton of students. She lives out in the country, for goodness sake. It's hard to find clients who are willing to drive 50 minutes (one way!) for a piano lesson. Most of her clients were her siblings and perhaps church members who lived within reasonable driving distance. Also, with a baby in the house, and Chad out working every day, I don't see how she could have had tons of students. 

As for Josie, we have no idea what her schedule was. Maybe she worked 2 days a week, maybe one, who knows?

There were pictures with Erin students and there were a lot of them. Maybe she doesn't live that isolated? Do we know for sure if the house is far from the town? 

Edit to add that I myself found very strange teaching music with a baby. But Carson may have been a quiet baby or someone in the Bates house did the babysitting. 

Josie worked full time or at least she said so.

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic