IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 7: Fundie Babypocalypse in Full Effect

HerNameIsBuffy

12 minutes ago, LillyP said:

I'm not a realtor but several of my friends are. In my state, yes, there are continuing ed classes you take stuff you do to keep your license active. I'm always hearing one realtor friend or another saying things about it. I believe it's around 36 hours of continuing education every 4 year renewal period. So a lot of my friends will do a couple of 2-day weekend classes. 

Fwiw I have known several realtors who got their licenses with the idea of being able to make money without working 9-5 because of small kids and they all spent more on their careers than they ever made.

I know there are very sucessful people in that field, but there are a lot of people who aren't making even close to a living in real estate.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, LillyP said:

I'm not a realtor but several of my friends are. In my state, yes, there are continuing ed classes you take stuff you do to keep your license active. I'm always hearing one realtor friend or another saying things about it. I believe it's around 36 hours of continuing education every 4 year renewal period. So a lot of my friends will do a couple of 2-day weekend classes. 

That also is a reason most will go with a firm. In addition to adding a little legitimacy to their business reputation, some firms will pay for a continuing education webinar or program and allow all associates to attend. They firm will keep track of all the CE hours, etc., meaning one less thing to worry about for someone not interested in 9-5. I have some friends who sell real estate on the side, working mostly weekends. Another is a bigger shot in the business and has his own firm. And others are much more involved. All the ones that work for someone or a firm have said they don't want the responsibility of figuring out taxes, doing their own plans to keep up licensure, insurance (in some cases), etc. They would rather make a little less and have that sort of thing covered for them.  

• Upvote 3

On 4/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, HereticHick said:

Question to Realtors out there--are there any continuing education requirements, license renewals, etc. that Whitney has to do to stayed licensed?

Whitney's real estate license is good through August 2021. She's had a total of 18 hours of continuing education since receiving her license in August 2017, most recently in July 2019.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the latest episode and whitney after getting her epidural looked so unbothered and calm and I was just literally in awe haha

• Upvote 2

On 5/22/2020 at 12:03 AM, candygirl200413 said:

Just watched the latest episode and whitney after getting her epidural looked so unbothered and calm and I was just literally in awe haha

I was in such awe. I usually have more cramps on a regular day than she did giving birth. I envy her. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I was kinda impressed that Zack had a tea party with Kaci.

• Upvote 3

On 5/22/2020 at 12:03 AM, candygirl200413 said:

I didn’t see the episode but I was feeling gooood after my epidural. I just hung out and watched golden girls until it was time to push. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I didn’t see the episode but I was feeling gooood after my epidural. I just hung out and watched golden girls until it was time to push. 

Oh that sounds lovely. I had one but it still felt as if she was about to explode out of my arse. Still better than the horrible back labour I had before but in no way the relaxing experience many seem to have. Kind of feel cheated by the universe....

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

This whole dress up and “play” cop thing is so foreign to me.

In Australia police officers first have to be uni educated and then do a year at the police academy then a year of probation on the force. 
this idiot pulls me over I would tell him to get ducked and go get a real job. 
To me he is an insult to the uniform, to someone who has really “earnt” the right to wear it.  I am pretty sure Idjit older brother has done a bit more work to earn the uniform, but if they hand it out to any time dick and Harry, what does it say about the qualifications he “earnt”. 
I don’t know why this riled me, it just does. Maybe because I like to think highly of law enforcement and this pic just makes me think of corruption and stupid people and little boys playing dress up. 

C0CF921E-63DA-4DF6-8FB1-51C2B6FFB54B.png

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Zach is a police officer. Looks like Trace is too.  Lawson owns the landscaping business.  Nathan...hangs out in the Philippines.  Whitney, Erin, and Carlin own their boutique and Whitney is a realtor.  Erin also teaches piano.  Tori is home with the baby. Josie owns a company that does hair/makeup for weddings.  Bobby and Kelton are plumbers.  Evan is an electrician.  Michaella is training to be a nurse and Brandon does something with the Gothard organization. Chad owns Paine Construction. 

That's it for the Bateses right? For the grown ups? 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

I don’t recall Trace every staring he is full time. I always thought him and maybe Lawson volunteer. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

The uniform surely does look exactly like Zachs. I thought Trace was just a constable like Lawson but when Lawson has posted pictures as constable he was only wearing a badge and a shirt that says "constable" and not in full uniform like this:

Trace did mention wanting to become a police officer a while ago on the show, but i thought he had given up on it like he did the horse riding.

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Zach is a police officer. Looks like Trace is too.  Lawson owns the landscaping business.  Nathan...hangs out in the Philippines.  Whitney, Erin, and Carlin own their boutique and Whitney is a realtor.  Erin also teaches piano.  Tori is home with the baby. Josie owns a company that does hair/makeup for weddings.  Bobby and Kelton are plumbers.  Evan is an electrician.  Michaella is training to be a nurse and Brandon does something with the Gothard organization. Chad owns Paine Construction. 

Thats basically it, except Erin no longer teaches piano and Whitney only does realtor work for "family and friends" now. Nathan also hangs out in Texas frecuently (to teach flying lessons???). Jackson (18) and Warden (17) work for Paine Construction since a while ago (do we think he pays them full wages?).

Edited by llucie
to add the picture
  • Upvote 11

@AussieKrissy absolutely agree! In my country, one person cannot wear a police uniform if has not passed (1) several exams and (2) the academy courses. Yes, there are exams previous to the academy.

Half policemen do not exist here. You are in the full career or you aren't. No volunteers in that field. And noone can wear uniforms, weapons, and of course cannot drive a police car before finishing the academy courses! 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

It depends on the state. Most cops in NYC that I know have masters degrees. They don't get accepted into the academy without at least a bachelors. My friend graduated John Jay and had to wait 2 years to get the call. The academy is no joke. All the stories I heard were scary. I wouldn't have finished. IIFC like 10% quit almost immediately. 

I think it also depends not only on the state but the county you're in too. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Tori also homeschools the family’s kids. She might plan to go back to it after a maternity leave.

• Upvote 4

On 5/25/2020 at 1:23 PM, BeccaGrim said:

Does Brandon still work for Gothard? I thought he did something else

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2020 at 12:00 AM, artdecades said:

Does Brandon still work for Gothard? I thought he did something else

I think Brandon still works for Gothard in some way, but I am not sure as he is able to work from home. The Keilens are a relatively private couple so Brandon may just choose not to say who he works for at the moment.

• Upvote 4

On 5/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, theotherelise said:

My understanding is that we absolutely do not know that Whitney entered foster care or was legally adopted. The source on fundie wiki is a bates blog post saying she was adopted by the owenses, but we never knew if that was a real, legal adoption. 

This was discussed in depth a couple threads back. 

New to blogging on this thread so I will throw in my two cents here about the Whitney Bates Owens Family situation. Personally, I don't think she was a rebellious teen as she was taken into foster care at thirteen and was officially adopted by the Owens family. I have a feeling her parents were having issues that may have caused them to lose custody of her hence the wedge. What issues you may ask? I don't know, maybe there was some form of alcohol or drug use in the home. While Whitney does not have to talk about what happened I find it ridiculous that she blames herself for causing the wedge. After all, you don't just lose total and complete custody of your child if you are having a few minor issues. I'm not saying alcohol and drug use aren't minor issues as they are very serious issues. It's just the way Whitney talks about it on the show she makes it sound like it is all her fault.

Anyway, I have a feeling that at some point Whitney will reach out to the Owens family after some time. I know a few people who grew up in the foster care system and cut off their adoptive parents for a few years while reconnecting with their biological parents. First off, this is TOTAL speculation here. Second, with each person I know they figured out on some level about why their parents lost custody (whether it was abuse of any kind including substance) and ran back to their adoptive parents. I'm not saying Whitney will have this epiphany or that she will one day cut off her biological parents and keep the Owens in her life. I have a feeling she was encouraged heavily to reach out to her parents and got talked into cutting off the Owens. 

For what it is worth I was shocked that she had cut off all contact with the Owens as she seemed very close to them at the wedding. Like many people I had thought her parents had passed away and that is why she was taken in. Even though I don't know all of the details as it is Whitney's choice to share I feel for her at times because I think she may genuinely miss the Owens family whom she lived with, at least, from the time she was sixteen until she was married. The Owens family seemed to love her and were very supportive of Whitney from the time she moved in with them until she cut them off. Personally, I don't think the Owens would have an issue if she wanted to rebuild a relationship with the Perkins. Yes, they may have cautioned her and maybe she took it the wrong way. But, I truly believe that her parents were having some issues, Whitney started to act out because of said issues, and that is what led them to losing custody. For what it is worth I really hope that Zach and Whitney one day welcome the Owens family back into their lives whether the Perkins are in them or not.

• Upvote 9

I always made the (judgment) call on what o do know about the situation that it seemed like a slap in the face the way that Whitney has seemed to have tossed aside The Owens family. They were there for her when her own family was not. Reconcile with your birth family. Fantastic. Dump the others not so much. The more people who can love you, the better in my opinion. All speculation on my part of course. The Owens could have been wankers and well worth the dumping. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I always made the (judgment) call on what o do know about the situation that it seemed like a slap in the face the way that Whitney has seemed to have tossed aside The Owens family. They were there for her when her own family was not. Reconcile with your birth family. Fantastic. Dump the others not so much. The more people who can love you, the better in my opinion. All speculation on my part of course. The Owens could have been wankers and well worth the dumping. 

The thing that bothers me the most is that in photos and on the show she doesn't seem to have a warm and loving relationship with them, in my opinion. In photos featuring the Owens family she seems more genuinely happy. Yes, there could be some hurt as she is trying to rebuild her relationship with them; I just have a weird icky feeling that she is only keeping a relationship with her parents while keeping the Owens out of her life due to IBLP beliefs.

Like seriously, where were they when she was getting married to Zach the first time? Did they try to reach out to her when they heard the news that she was engaged? Did they attend her high school graduation? Where were they from the time she was thirteen until she cut off the Owens? Did they at least try to remain an active part in her life? I'm assuming they knew who the Owens family was, so they knew how to contact her. Yes, I do respect Whitney's choice not to talk about what happened. It just seems like they lost custody of her and didn't bother to keep contact once it was clear that they weren't getting her back while hoping one day she will walk back into their life as a reality star.

This is just me thinking, but I wonder if Whitney will, at some point, have to address what happened. Even though I don't think the Owens would do something publicly, I feel like it is only a matter of time before a magazine like In Touch (the magazine that outed Josh Duggar to the world) gets a hold of someone who knows what really happened and they betray her with a tell all as I highly doubt they will be able to get a hold of the records. The more I think about it the more it looks like Whitney burned one too many bridges when shortly after she married Zach in order to please his beliefs and her in-laws. The photos are still on the web of her first wedding with the Owens and people are going to ask questions the more fame Whitney gains from the show. I just hope that she chooses to talk about what happened rather than open her eyes one morning to seeing it on the news. 

Also, another thing I noticed from re-watching you could see photos of Zach and Whitney from their first wedding with the Owens. Now, the only photos you can see in episodes are ones from their vow renewal. It seems like they tossed the old wedding album in for the vow renewal possibly to get rid of evidence of the Owens family for the little ones. At some point her kids are going to ask questions about the Owens once they notice it wasn't grandpa walking her down the aisle in the first wedding.

• Upvote 6

The only way for Whitney to be so distraught about ruining everything with her rebellion against her birth parents is if she managed to make up horrific tales of abuse. And fake enough evidence to convince CPS. Age 12 or 13 (to be fostered by a different family from age 13)

And..... I just don’t see it! 
She would have had to keep up the charade until after she was married. If she really was that manipulative, conniving and psychopathic I would assume she would have slipped up at least a tiny bit every once in a while and frankly would have aimed for bigger things then fundydom with Zach I assume. 
Hopefully she can figure it out and come to a place of peace involving as many or as few parents as she and Zach want.

• Upvote 8

Do we even know that she was actually adopted? Apart from Kelly and her ever changing word salad? We have now idea what went down between Whitney and her bio parents or between her bio parents (I think they are not together any more or were separated for some time?). We also have now idea what happened between Whitney and the Owens. There are so many different sides to this story, if not everyone speaks up we will never get a good picture. 
Regarding the disappeared old wedding pictures. I assume that has less to do with the Owens and more with how Whitney wants to see and show herself. The vow renewal looks cooler (so pretty, so hip, so instagramable) and I believe is way closer to her personality then her first wedding. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

This is a direct quote from Kelly:

"Yes, Whitney is special! The Owens family had a daughter, Laklee, who was good friends with Whitney growing up. Laklee passed away in a car accident when she was 13. Whitney was placed into foster care at 13. The Owens had done foster care and had adopted several children after Laklee’s death. Whitney loved the Owens, who attended her church. They were awarded custody of Whitney when she was 16. She loves them dearly and they are great parents. Love, Kelly"

https://web.archive.org/web/20140316015030/http://blog.thebatesfamily.com:80/2013/09/24/zach-pops-the-question/

That being said, Kelly isn't a reliable narrator and there's been speculation that the arrangement was more informal (ie without state involvement). The Owens are pretty religious (the father is a preacher) and they have 11 other kids.

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

The only way for Whitney to be so distraught about ruining everything with her rebellion against her birth parents is if she managed to make up horrific tales of abuse. And fake enough evidence to convince CPS. Age 12 or 13 (to be fostered by a different family from age 13)

And..... I just don’t see it! 
She would have had to keep up the charade until after she was married. If she really was that manipulative, conniving and psychopathic I would assume she would have slipped up at least a tiny bit every once in a while and frankly would have aimed for bigger things then fundydom with Zach I assume. 
Hopefully she can figure it out and come to a place of peace involving as many or as few parents as she and Zach want.

I don't see it either. At some point she had to figure out she wasn't going to be going home with her parents if she started to say all of this abuse stuff. I really think her parents were having serious issues and she acted out in a way that caused them lose custody. Yes, she could have gone to school one day after getting into a fight with her parents only to say a few things that sounded like abuse and the school had to report to CPS. But, I highly doubt that they would lose custody if CPS figured out that she was saying what she was saying due to a fight with her parents. Personally, I just hope Perkins don't hurt Whitney again as she seems dedicated to rebuilding a relationship with them as they did when she was a teen. 

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Do we even know that she was actually adopted? Apart from Kelly and her ever changing word salad? We have now idea what went down between Whitney and her bio parents or between her bio parents (I think they are not together any more or were separated for some time?). We also have now idea what happened between Whitney and the Owens. There are so many different sides to this story, if not everyone speaks up we will never get a good picture. 
Regarding the disappeared old wedding pictures. I assume that has less to do with the Owens and more with how Whitney wants to see and show herself. The vow renewal looks cooler (so pretty, so hip, so instagramable) and I believe is way closer to her personality then her first wedding. 

In earlier posts involving the courtship, engagement, and wedding on the Bates blog and Zach and Whitney's old blog they stated that she was adopted by the Owens family. So, I'm assuming that she was legally adopted by them when she was sixteen as Kelly mentioned in the courtship announcement post. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic