IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 7: Fundie Babypocalypse in Full Effect

HerNameIsBuffy

So I looked at the place she tagged that the chiropractor works at, Health Factory, and even though I’m neutral on chiropractic care, I find it very.....interesting?, I think that’s the word I want to use, that the place is not only a chiropractic office but also a CrossFit gym. That just makes it seem even less credible that it would be a good place to take a baby to get cared for, regardless of the fact that it’s chiropractic care. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

So I looked at the place she tagged that the chiropractor works at, Health Factory, and even though I’m neutral on chiropractic care, I find it very.....interesting?, I think that’s the word I want to use, that the place is not only a chiropractic office but also a CrossFit gym. That just makes it seem even less credible that it would be a good place to take a baby to get cared for, regardless of the fact that it’s chiropractic care. 

I agree, also what are the chances that just a few months after Willow needed to visit a chiropractor Khloé needs to go too.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I'm pretty sure Kendra Duggar took Garrett to a chiropractor. Between that and the castor oil... ugh.

• Upvote 9

I recently had surgery to fix a ruptured ACL. I am seeing a physical therapist NOT a chiropractor. I had a coworker who would go to a chiropractor on a regular basis for an “adjustment “. As far as I know she had no injury or surgery that would require this care but just felt that she needed it. In my opinion, there is nothing a chiropractor can do that a physical therapist is not better qualified for. But with the constant fight with insurance companies, I can understand why some might turn to a chiropractor. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

So, I’m pro chiropractic care. 
However, I won’t take my baby for some reason. Just mom instinct I guess.  I did consider it after her shoulder got stuck when I delivered her. 
i started seeing a chiropractor again a few months after her birth. I feel a thousand times better. But I think there’s a place for chiropractors and a place for physical therapist. I may go see a PT for my pelvic floor actually. 

Anyways, I feel the best chiropractors I’ve been to are the ones who do a touch of PT as well. They give core and back exercises to do at home to where the adjustments stick more. 

it also depends on if it’s more of a skeletal issue or a muscle issue. My issue after birth was more skeletal so a chiropractor was better IMO. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else read Whitney's eyerolling drivel of a post about Zach? I can't deal with the need to always be pumping up your man in public.  Each one's husband is the bestest, most handsomest, most loving, best with kids and sexiest man EVAH!! I'm glad that at Carlin's wedding they actually talked about that and we got to see Evan eagerly nod along. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Anyone else read Whitney's eyerolling drivel of a post about Zach? I can't deal with the need to always be pumping up your man in public.  Each one's husband is the bestest, most handsomest, most loving, best with kids and sexiest man EVAH!! I'm glad that at Carlin's wedding they actually talked about that and we got to see Evan eagerly nod along. 

I think that is because praising your husband in public is seen as something that needs to be done. It the CHEER thing iirc
Come alongside him

Help him look good - always 

Encourage him personally 

Elevate him in front of others

Respond to him enthusiastically 

These Fundies have so many strange mindsets and rules/Tipps about what you have to do to have a strong Christian marriage. It’s exhausting just to read it. 
Being best friends, J-O-Y, Jesus first, C-H-E-E-R, date nights, reading gospel centred books together, pray together, bible study together....

and a lot of it puts extra pressure and the women’s roles.

I am pretty happy that it’s completely possible to have a happy and strong marriage without all that.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Whitney pumping her man I kind of understand.  It was Lawson pumping his man/brother that was a bit different.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Khloe has apparently been in the hospital for the past 3 nights due to respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). It must have been a pretty nasty case of it, since it doesn't usually require hospitalization for healthy babies (unless Khloe has some other issues that haven't been made public). 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I know quite a few otherwise healthy babies who were knocked for six with RSV. It's a beast of a virus for a little one. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

That’s terrifying. RSV can be extremely dangerous for a very young baby, and Khloé is only 2 months old. I’m not surprised at all that she’s hospitalized. Seems like pretty standard care for a newborn with RSV. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

RSV is very active in the US this year. She is not the only baby to have it. A few weeks ago NBC news had a clip about it hitting a lot of babies this year. I'm glad she is getting (or got) the care she needs.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I spoke to my doc about booster shots for me since I am going to be around small babies this year. I got a TDaP and Flu shot and when I get my shit together to go have bloodwork done (that fasting shit kills me), she's going to do an MMR titer since I can't remember if I got the shot ever. I want to protect the babies...a shot for me (my shoulder is killing me from the TDaP) hurts a helluva lot less than watching a baby suffer.

Do we know if these nutjobs even vaccinate?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Do we know if these nutjobs even vaccinate?

Whitney gives birth in a hospital and despite the chiropractor trend, she takes children to a real pediatrician. So I would not be surprised if she vaccinates, too. Bates are much into regular medecine than Duggars.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

RSV is really bad this year. Both of my boys had it in December and it was definitely the sickest they've ever been. We were on at home breathing treatments for a while and there was a lot of vomiting from coughing so much. It took them a while to begin eating normally again. My friend's baby is a couple of months older than Khloe and she had to be hospitalized twice while she had it. It's really rough on infants which is why there are constant reminders not to touch and kiss babies that aren't your own. RSV would seem like a bad cold to you but to a tiny one it can be life threatening. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 6

• 3 months later...

If someone was wondering if Whitney was still working as a realtor she confirmed in last week livestream that she took a step back and now only does it for "friends and family". 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 10

Looks like Whitney and Zach are not socially distancing. Lawson doesn’t have to make do with kittens anymore. D138D989-892E-42ED-8EE9-4489A93B1C6E.thumb.png.176ae3a5ed1144ccaa1ad6d216b2ab98.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

16 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Looks like Whitney and Zach are not socially distancing. Lawson doesn’t have to make do with kittens anymore

Due to quarantine, it's been 6 weeks without seeing my parents and my 89 year old grandma. They miss my kids a lot. And we probably cannot visit them until June, or even later, because covid is very dangerous for them.

It's bad enough that Lawson is putting Khloé in risk, but also making it public? They are soooo dumb and insulting.

Also, wasn't Khloé in the hospital in January, for a respiratory desease (I may be wrong)? Is it a good idea to be held by an uncle who has been travelling around?

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

What’s crazy to me is that we know Lawson hasn’t been self isolating. He has been doing those Alert trips, staying with Duggar’s, visiting friends. He IS absolutely a potential carrier. He should not be around that baby.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, llucie said:

If someone was wondering if Whitney was still working as a realtor she confirmed in last week livestream that she took a step back and now only does it for "friends and family". 

No surprise here. I'd guess they would have to pull a Jill Dillard and put their kids in public school (or private) if she really wanted to continue. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, llucie said:

Question to Realtors out there--are there any continuing education requirements, license renewals, etc. that Whitney has to do to stayed licensed?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bazinga said:

No surprise here. I'd guess they would have to pull a Jill Dillard and put their kids in public school (or private) if she really wanted to continue. 

Even if Whitney and Zack had that idea, I think they would be pressured even more than Jill Dillard. First, Jill is a little more distanced from her family than I think Zack is, although I suspect he has a little more respect as head of household than his brothers-in-law would have from Gil and Kelly (just a gut feeling). Second, Derick, the male, went to public school, so he would have more power to insist that his children go to public school than what Whitney would have. Third, and what I think is the biggest reason, Tori went to college to study education and lives in the area. I'm guessing all Bates grandkids will probably be "homeschooled" by her, if they live in the same area (not the Websters).

• Upvote 7

On 4/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, HereticHick said:

Question to Realtors out there--are there any continuing education requirements, license renewals, etc. that Whitney has to do to stayed licensed?

I'm not a realtor but several of my friends are. In my state, yes, there are continuing ed classes you take stuff you do to keep your license active. I'm always hearing one realtor friend or another saying things about it. I believe it's around 36 hours of continuing education every 4 year renewal period. So a lot of my friends will do a couple of 2-day weekend classes. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic