IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 7: Fundie Babypocalypse in Full Effect

HerNameIsBuffy

On 11/6/2019 at 10:54 AM, JillyO said:

She still lists it on her Instagram account, and her profile is still up on the company's website (here). That said, she currently doesn't have any listings (otherwise they would appear on her profile, like this).

My best guess is she hasn't officially "quit", but just hasn't listed any houses recently. She is far from the only broker who doesn't have any listings, so this seems pretty normal. But yeah, definitely doesn't look like she's currently actively working as a realtor.

Realtors don't always have their own active listings. It really just depends on what's in her pipeline. She could just be working with buyers right now and not pursuing obtaining new listings for any number of reasons. It may be the timeline of her pregnancy or just whatever is going on with the current business flow in her brokerage.

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Bub time line is giving me a headache during a scene that was released for Thursdays episode it shows them at carlins graduation which from instagram was suposudly on may 16th okay great. It shows zach telling everyone whit is pregnant Kelly says it's a girl. Problem they made the pregnancy public may 9th so how in the h e double hockey sticks is it that they didn't tell the family till the 16th. Yeah way to fuck up time lines UP LMAO

They really fudged the timeline in this episode badly. In the scene where Whit is telling Kelly she is pregnant Kelly mentions that the wedding is in two weeks and that’s why Carlin doesn’t want to invite extended family. Then when trying on the dresses they said the wedding was three or more weeks away (I’d have to watch again to get the exact time they said) but this was after everyone knew Whit was pregnant. I know I’m confusing my exact timeline here by memory but when I was watching it I recall thinking they were doing a bad job keeping up with the timeline that they gave.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

They really fudged the timeline in this episode badly. In the scene where Whit is telling Kelly she is pregnant Kelly mentions that the wedding is in two weeks and that’s why Carlin doesn’t want to invite extended family. Then when trying on the dresses they said the wedding was three or more weeks away (I’d have to watch again to get the exact time they said) but this was after everyone knew Whit was pregnant. I know I’m confusing my exact timeline here by memory but when I was watching it I recall thinking they were doing a bad job keeping up with the timeline that they gave.

It's going to be interesting in a cringy way to see how they do Erin's reveal Erin publicly revealed on june 6th. I highly doubt she didn't tell her family until after Carlins wedding if she publicly announced it just a week later.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Italiangirl said:

And...the baby is just a day old and Kelly already misspelled her name ??Screenshot_20191109-003438_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.04c273ffb65abe4bb3443d2be6c44846.jpg

Yep I just came here to say the same they did the same with Kade I mean I know it's not the normal spelling but come on it's your grad kid you should know these things or at least double check before posting lmao

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Yep I just came here to say the same they did the same with Kade I mean I know it's not the normal spelling but come on it's your grad kid you should know these things or at least double check before posting lmao

Yeah plus is not like they have announce the name at birth, I mean is know for months! It shouldn't be so hard to remember the spelling after months or at least double check. I feel that this show how lazy they are more than a lot of other things...

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

The Bates women's early announcements of each baby's sex and name kind of takes all the novelty out of the birth announcements for me.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The Bates women's early announcements of each baby's sex and name kind of takes all the novelty out of the birth announcements for me.

I've said this before, too, as a general thing. I would love to have more people not find out the sex/announce names until the birth. But people jumped all over me for saying it's a wonderful surprise worth waiting for so.......yeah.

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 1

34 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Personally I don't care either way. I think when I have kids me and my SO have agreed to wait to find out the sex until birth but honestly there is also a part of me that want to d ok ba reveal party.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I've said this before, too, as a general thing. I would love to have more people not find out the sex/announce names until the birth. But people jumped all over me for saying it's a wonderful surprise worth waiting for so.......yeah.

We waited to find out the sex of our babies at birth. And it was a fun surprise. I know it’s more common to find out these days but I liked waiting.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We waited to find out the sex of our babies at birth. And it was a fun surprise. I know it’s more common to find out these days but I liked waiting.

Same with us. We found out with one of our three and I said I'd never do it again. Love the surprise at the birth!

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kelly is just preparing Whitney for a future of constant misspellings. 

Or is Kelly just passive-aggressive enough to use the more typical spelling on purpose... same with Cade? I'm not sure there is a typical spelling for something like Kolter. Most of the kids and grandkids have names with typical spellings which is easier for everyone. I guess Michael and Addallee are exceptions, but they were stupid and cheap* with Michael's name and Addallee has the special meaning in their family.

*I have nothing against 'Michael' for a girl, but it's not what they intended, therefore stupid, and they were too cheap to pay to have it corrected to what they wanted. At least it still has a typical spelling.

It is also possible that there was a lot of discussion among the family members about Khloe'''''''s name and in the end Kelly was truly confused.

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Or is Kelly just passive-aggressive enough to use the more typical spelling on purpose... same with Cade? I'm not sure there is a typical spelling for something like Kolter. Most of the kids and grandkids have names with typical spellings which is easier for everyone. I guess Michael and Addallee are exceptions, but they were stupid and cheap* with Michael's name and Addallee has the special meaning in their family.

*I have nothing against 'Michael' for a girl, but it's not what they intended, therefore stupid, and they were too cheap to pay to have it corrected to what they wanted. At least it still has a typical spelling.

Kelly was the one who had trouble listing all her kids in the right order. I think Kelly genuinely didn’t remember how it was spelled. I think Kelly does not care much about details like that and she gets it all mixed up. I think she will constantly misspell names of her grandkids and never remember their birthdays on her own. It will just get worse as she ages and as she has to remember more and more grandkids. 

But I will add, my grandmother remembered her 14 grandchildren’s names and spellings just fine. However her great grandchildren were another story. When my cousin used an uncommon name for her son, my grandma immediately said, “oh I’ll never remember that!” Lol. She always preferred traditional names. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I still don't know how Kelly couldn't name her own children. Teachers remember hundreds of names and they're not even of their own kids. Kelly lives with hers. She's lived with 19 kids for 20+ years and still couldn't name them all when prompted. Hell I can do it and I only watch the show. I wonder if she can name all her grands.

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I still don't know how Kelly couldn't name her own children. Teachers remember hundreds of names and they're not even of their own kids. Kelly lives with hers. She's lived with 19 kids for 20+ years and still couldn't name them all when prompted. Hell I can do it and I only watch the show. I wonder if she can name all her grands.

I would bet 1,000,000 dollars Kelly couldn’t name her grandchildren in birth order without messing up at least once. I bet she could name her grandchildren though. Just in a different order. Like by family. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

I didn’t see anybody discuss this - in her post for Bradley’s 5th birthday a couple of weeks ago, Whitney said he is halfway through Kindergarten. While she didn’t answer any of the comments asking if she is homeschooling, she clearly is, because he couldn’t have start Kindergarten somewhere in April.

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, onyourwayhome said:

I didn’t see anybody discuss this - in her post for Bradley’s 5th birthday a couple of weeks ago, Whitney said he is halfway through Kindergarten. While she didn’t answer any of the comments asking if she is homeschooling, she clearly is, because he couldn’t have start Kindergarten somewhere in April.

I think she’s homeschooling. I doubt it’s difficult for her to homeschool one child with kindergarten level material. Even if she is working part time with the boutique and selling homes. Now that she has a newborn, I imagine his homeschooling will slow down a bit until they get into a routine. I can see Whitney homeschooling Brad and Kaci for the next few years. I imagine she will then put them in a private Christian school when things become a little too difficult. 

• Upvote 5

Wow Taryn did the pictures for the birth and they are actually quite nice.

Not a lot of blurring this time.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Wow Taryn did the pictures for the birth and they are actually quite nice.

Not a lot of blurring this time.

Ironic, because it may be the one time you may want some blurring lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

Taryn is about to pop herself. I wonder if she won’t be able to do Erin’s pictures because she’s just had a baby herself. 

• Upvote 3

I think I’d be the kind of person who’d want hardly anyone present while I give birth (if I ever have kids, which is a big if). A midwife and my husband would be a big enough “crowd” for my taste. I can’t really imagine feeling at ease with so many people, especially a photographer and my husband’s family, watching. But that being said, the photos turned out lovely and everyone seems blissfully happy. That’s all that counts! Different women feel comfortable in different circumstances... 

Edited by FluffySnowball
typo
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic