IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 7: Fundie Babypocalypse in Full Effect

HerNameIsBuffy

Jeez I’m sorry guys. I don’t have time to read everything on FJ, I’m taking finals and interviewing for internships right now. Won’t post any more pics. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 4

Yes, a circlejerk that extends to several threads is a much better use of bandwidth. I can understand the frustration with how the Duggars and Bates are being discussed lately, but isn’t a three person pile on a bit excessive? The hostility towards members is honestly gotten a bit OTT over the past few days. Reinforce the reason FJ exists, sure, but can we just give users the benefit of the doubt before jumping on them. It’s very easy to get mixed signals on what is and isn’t appropriate to post lately. I know I’ve posted things that probably would be considered unhelpful. 

I’ve rewritten this post a couple of times just because I don’t want to step on toes, jfc

• Upvote 34
  • Downvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes.  We know what they look like, if we want to see them we'll hit their SM.

And I feel that’s the bigger problem than re-posting unnecessary photos. With those views and following you actively support them. That is how they stay somewhat relevant and attractive for brands. That’s how they rank higher up in searches or recommendations in SM. Everyone who clicks on them, likes/dislikes or comments or watches them on their own YT/tlc/up channels is supporting them. It doesn’t matter if you hate watch you help them. 

Edited by just_ordinary
General you obviously
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Yes, a circlejerk that extends to several threads is a much better use of bandwidth. I can understand the frustration with how the Duggars and Bates are being discussed lately, but isn’t a three person pile on a bit excessive? The hostility towards members is honestly gotten a bit OTT over the past few days. Reinforce the reason FJ exists, sure, but can we just give users the benefit of the doubt before jumping on them. It’s very easy to get mixed signals on what is and isn’t appropriate to post lately. I know I’ve posted things that probably would be considered unhelpful. 

I’ve rewritten this post a couple of times just because I don’t want to step on toes, jfc

And then when no one says anything others start doing it again and then we get "well so and so does it."

Just don't post a pic if you have nothing to say - it's really not that hard.

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Everyone who clicks on them, likes/dislikes or comments or watches them on their own YT/tlc/up channels is supporting them. It doesn’t matter if you hate watch you help them.

Then don't comment or like their posts or follow them. From what I can tell Instagram,, doesn't tell you how many people viewed your picture. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Then don't comment or like their posts or follow them. From what I can tell Instagram,, doesn't tell you how many people viewed your picture. 

Well, I don’t exactly for this reason. Instagram is just one leg and even there are very good analysing tools (don’t think the Fundies use them themselves) for companies. I don’t want to know how many FJs are actually officially following them.

I don't ever check their social media except to occasionally see what awful things Lawson is saying. If they post something interesting I'm sure someone will post it here. I just don't see the point in filling threads with every single one of their pictures. All it does it turn the threads into talk about how cute their clothing and kids are. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, llg1234 said:

If you think that is a pile on, you need glasses.

It's NOT a "lately" thing. It's been a rule for a long time - there is a poster in the Duggar forum who racked up thousands of posts years ago by just reposting photos - it was spam and it was tiresome. Same thing is happening over here. There is a clear rule on it. It has been there for years. There are very few rules and the onus is on the poster to know the rules.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 8

On 5/18/2019 at 12:07 PM, backyard sylph said:

would it be improper to suggest that series of posts of nothing but baby name guesses are akin to using this forum as an Instagram aggregate?

I really like guessing baby names (just my preference), but I agree that it's good to keep all the baby name guesses in one thread.

I find eventually one of them shows their ugly beliefs and we talk about that for a while but in the lull times, lots of thread drift happens.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If you have a business account it does tell you views I believe. And it does increase your odds of showing up in that Instagram explore page.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

If you have a business account it does tell you views I believe. And it does increase your odds of showing up in that Instagram explore page.

Only their business page would be a business account, wouldn't it?  

And really even if all their pages show views, that still isn't a reason to fill the threads with their pictures. If people are truly worried about giving them them views, then don't look and if something slightly interesting happens someone is bound to post about it here eventually. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

And really even if all their pages show views, that still isn't a reason to fill the threads with their pictures. If people are truly worried about giving them them views, then don't look and if something slightly interesting happens someone is bound to post about it here eventually. 

It would not surprise me that having a blue tick also gives the same options as a business account. These are people who's name is a brand in itself.

Oh and they for sure get view numbers on stories and videos.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

And I feel that’s the bigger problem than re-posting unnecessary photos. With those views and following you actively support them. That is how they stay somewhat relevant and attractive for brands. That’s how they rank higher up in searches or recommendations in SM. Everyone who clicks on them, likes/dislikes or comments or watches them on their own YT/tlc/up channels is supporting them. It doesn’t matter if you hate watch you help them. 

And you don’t think the people marketing them also google?  Do you think finding a site where their every move is discussed and pics reposted doesn’t factor into their exposure.

We’d prefer FJ not continue to be an arm of their SM and it would be great if we stopped helping them.

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And you don’t think the people marketing them also google?  Do you think finding a site where their every move is discussed and pics reposted doesn’t factor into their exposure.

We’d prefer FJ not continue to be an arm of their SM and it would be great if we stopped helping them.

Fair point

BUT I don’t think that it matters that we have their pics re-posted in that case. The sole fact that there are numerous threads are dedicated to them makes it interesting. Many influencers are hated with a passion but they are still making good money because of views/clicks/engagement and reach. So photos or not it’s too late for that. I am not advocating for the photos by the way. There are rules who define what is ok to post and that’s fine. If you cannot phrase any thought or argument together with the photo apart from „cute/pretty“  it’s obviously not relevant.

[I will disagree about pregnancy speculation because I actually think them „outbreeding the heathens“ is an important aspect but this is another topic.]

Edited by just_ordinary
Added thoughts
  • Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Fair point

BUT I don’t think that it matters that we have their pics re-posted in that case. The sole fact that there are numerous threads are dedicated to them makes it interesting. Many influencers are hated with a passion but they are still making good money because of views/clicks/engagement and reach. So photos or not it’s too late for that. I am not advocating for the photos by the way. There are rules who define what is ok to post and that’s fine. If you cannot phrase any thought or argument together with the photo apart from „cute/pretty“  it’s obviously not relevant.

[I will disagree about pregnancy speculation because I actually think them „outbreeding the heathens“ is an important aspect but this is another topic.]

Agreed the pics being reposted isn’t going to matter to outsiders as much as the conversation happening however...the pics just for the sake of it contribute to a lot of leghumping as well.  

I appreciate you respecting the rule because it does come down to just why are we wasting FJ bandwidth on yet another pic of some cute kids with stupid parents in anohet outfit.

and my pregnancy speculation problems are 100% on body scrutiny.  Speculating due to other stuff I couldn’t care less, personally.  But yeah, that’s another convo happening somewhere :) 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Without the constant posting of every picture a lot of these Bates threads will probably slow down considerable. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

What people are missing is that you can still post pictures. I think bringing over the Bateseeseseeesbooteek dresses and discussing how cheap the clothes are, how are doing production, that sort of thing is a total real topic. Same with the plumbing authority pictures. But an picture of Whitney pregnant or two kids hugging and no commentary on what the picture is about and why it's worth discussing? That's spam.

Here is an example:

Wow. I just found this on the Batesesesessses Insta. Is Chad employing the whole damn family because Gil is too lazy to work?

image.png

Versus:

Oh, look. Erin had the kids' pics taken.

image.png

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

A lot of influencers make their personal pages business pages, it doesn’t actually have to be for a business. I just know because I know an “influencer” in real life *insert eye roll here* and she’s always posting shiz about it.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

What people are missing is that you can still post pictures. I think bringing over the Bateseeseseeesbooteek dresses and discussing how cheap the clothes are, how are doing production, that sort of thing is a total real topic. Same with the plumbing authority pictures. But an picture of Whitney pregnant or two kids hugging and no commentary on what the picture is about and why it's worth discussing? That's spam.

Here is an example:

Wow. I just found this on the Batesesesessses Insta. Is Chad employing the whole damn family because Gil is too lazy to work?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

image.png

Versus:

Oh, look. Erin had the kids' pics taken.

image.png

Is Chad a licensed carpenter? Or just a handy man?

What qualifications does he have, are these boys getting a certified legal qualification, are they apprentices? 

I want to know.

As a Mother (not of boys though) I would want my child to work towards a career and that for me, means skills certified training. 

If they are just helping out and getting paid, I would not mind. 

But if this is there full time job and the only skill they are going to get is to be a handy man, I would not be happy. 

I would heavily be encouraging them to seek employment with a foreman who could assist them in getting recognised trade qualifications.

I am not sledging being a  hanyman, by any means. I just would want more for my children and the security and money a proper trade degree can bring. Especially since they are so young and only beginning their working life.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is Chad a licensed carpenter? Or just a handy man?

What qualifications does he have, are these boys getting a certified legal qualification, are they apprentices? 

I want to know.

As a Mother (not of boys though) I would want my child to work towards a career and that for me, means skills certified training. 

If they are just helping out and getting paid, I would not mind. 

But if this is there full time job and the only skill they are going to get is to be a handy man, I would not be happy. 

I would heavily be encouraging them to seek employment with a foreman who could assist them in getting recognised trade qualifications.

I am not sledging being a  hanyman, by any means. I just would want more for my children and the security and money a proper trade degree can bring. Especially since they are so young and only beginning their working life.

My husband is a master licensed plumber in New Zealand. Trust me, the trades here in the US are nothing like they are in other countries. Getting the licensure is a cakewalk here.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I appreciate you respecting the rule because it does come down to just why are we wasting FJ bandwidth on yet another pic of some cute kids with stupid parents in anohet outfit.

This. We do not have infinite disk space and posting every pic they post is an utter waste of it. Please stop. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

My husband is a master licensed plumber in New Zealand. Trust me, the trades here in the US are nothing like they are in other countries. Getting the licensure is a cakewalk here.

Well that doesn't sound like it bodes well for quality.

Well now you have answered something for me about Josie. I always wondered how her skills rate compared to our standards. 

You have to have a tertiary degree (three years for one day a week, while working an apprenticeship in the industry, I think)  and do an hairdresser and the pay scale goes up.

I do believe that there is a one year private course you can do to become a "hairdresser" that is quite expensive.

From my understanding salons don't like hiring people with these qualifications as they don't view the education and experience as adequate.

I always assumed that Josie had this type of degree and always thought I would not let her touch my hair.

From what I interpret you have written, Josie must be the highest level of qualification.

It also might be because no one seems to value a crown education that I wrongly or rightly assumed it may be sub par for hairdressing, 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

It also might be because no one seems to value a crown education that I wrongly or rightly assumed it may be sub par for hairdressing, 

Well the course she took includes a class on introduction to the Bible and a TWO classes on evangelism and Christian Life.  Personally I don't want the person cutting my hair having spent that much time learning how to convert me while I'm trapped in a chair. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

I think any photo where the Duggars or Bates are playing "white-savior" is worth posting. Other posters have posted excellent links about how white saviorism cripples and devastates the local economy. There is no way to sugar coat the real world damage the Duggars and Bates do on these trips with "at least they are doing something." 1st do no harm fundies. 1st do no harm.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

It's quite simple. If all you could say without straining at gnats is "cute kids," or something about the shoes or dress, it can stay where it started instead of migrating here.

If they're photographed swallowing a camel, that's another matter.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic