IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 7: Fundie Babypocalypse in Full Effect

HerNameIsBuffy

On 9/9/2020 at 4:15 AM, rebeccawriter01 said:

get the feeling that her getting her license and job were simply for the show.

I doubt it. Kelly was passive-agressive about Whitney's job, and Zach didn't look thrilled. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I doubt it. Kelly was passive-agressive about Whitney's job, and Zach didn't look thrilled. 

That's exactly why I think it was about a storyline more than a career. Whitney doesn't seem to have that much of a backbone to go up against Kelly Jo's teachings/beliefs and Zach's wants to go out on her own and decide to study for and obtain a license for real estate let alone a job. We were never shown any of her decision making or prep. Instead it was packaged in one episode with an occasional mention every once in a while. 

That would indicate it was a thumb the nose gesture toward critical audience members who say the girls in the family only end up being housewives and never go out there in the real world and do anything. If it had been something she had actually been doing and striving toward, the show producers would have introduced it early on and framed it much differently - her studying while caring for the children, etc. There would have been an episode where she was waiting on her test results. Instead it was presented as though she woke up one morning and decided to go into real estate.  

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...

FJ Realtors out there--how much time/effort will it take Whitney to keep her license current?

• Upvote 2

Sarah (Reith) Noland aka Zach's failed courtship partner is expecting her first child with her husband in May of 2021 (around their second anniversary). They have a really cute dog who they call their child too and I'm just happy for her for not marrying into this family. Her face when Zach asked to court her is forever etched in my memory. She's 32 and with a career and seems to be doing so well.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 7

32 and only expecting her first child? I would say there's a decent chance they won't have a mega quiver.  I am very happy she didn't marry into the Bates family. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

32 and only expecting her first child? I would say there's a decent chance they won't have a mega quiver.  I am very happy she didn't marry into the Bates family. 

The look on her face when Zach asked her to court is something I never will forget too.   Did she really have no idea of Zach's intentions or was it shock at such a cringeworthy proposal?  She did court him for a few months though so it seems she was willing to give him a chance.    Always wondered exactly what happened that made her end the courtship, most likely she decided she wasn't feeling it but I wouldn't be surprised if Zach proposed and she said no. 

I think she dodged a bullet by not marrying into the Bates family.  As much as Zach liked her, I couldn't see her as happy not to mention the stress of having them as in-laws.   Also I think it was good for Zach that it didn't work out either.   As much as it hurt at the beginning, the experience likely showed him that his parents didn't have all the answers, that courtship was not a guarantee of marriage, and in the end he got together with Whitney.  Their relationship evolved more organically as opposed to within the strict parent-controlled courtship construct. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

Since Sarah's sister was (cruelly) giggling about how "terrified" Sarah was when Zach showed up, I suspect Sarah and her family knew Zach was coming by to ask to court. Plus, they knew the TLC cameras were there for a reason. 

• Upvote 10

There are so many chances to learn and grow and just become a better person and partner from past failed courtships.  Fundies, owning an unhappy courtship  and moving on only increases the chanceschanc stable, happy marriage. Take notes. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

15 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

Since Sarah's sister was (cruelly) giggling about how "terrified" Sarah was when Zach showed up, I suspect Sarah and her family knew Zach was coming by to ask to court. Plus, they knew the TLC cameras were there for a reason. 

I remember the sister was saying something like "she's scared to death" so likely Sarah realized why he was there but she (and her Dad who presumably was going to OK this courtship) were dressed so casually versus Zach wearing a suit, that it seems she might not have been expecting it at that particular moment.  I wonder how much notice the Reiths actually had before TLC showed up. 

12 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

There are so many chances to learn and grow and just become a better person and partner from past failed courtships.  Fundies, owning an unhappy courtship  and moving on only increases the chanceschanc stable, happy marriage. Take notes. 

Fundies like to talk about how courtship is better than dating, but essentially courtship and dating do the same thing: opportunities to get to know other people, decide what they really want in a partner and to learn from mistakes made in the unmarried relationship(s) so one makes smarter choices when getting married.   Failed courtships are not the end of the world any more than a failed dating relationship.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 12

The Reiths became fundie-lite/mainstream conservative after the courtship disolved.  If look at the pictures, when she met Zach, they were typical fundie maidens. A few years ago I saw her Instagram. She was skinny jeans, and sleeveless shirts. She was traveling. She was into hunting, bows and arrows, guns etc. If you looked at the Instagram, you'd know she was a rightwinger, but I doubt you could tell if she was fundie. 

She got married last year. She was the first of her sisters to get married. They have more freedom than most fundie daughters. I think it is good for everyone that she and Zach didn't get married. 

• Upvote 15

I'm happy for Sarah, because I somehow have a soft spot for her. She had another failed relationship after getting to know Zach Bates and I'm happy that she finally found love and happiness in a relationship.

I feel somewhat close to her; we are the same age, I was engaged a few years back, but we broke off and then stayed single for a lot of years.

• Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I'm happy for Sarah, because I somehow have a soft spot for her. She had another failed relationship after getting to know Zach Bates and I'm happy that she finally found love and happiness in a relationship.

I feel somewhat close to her; we are the same age, I was engaged a few years back, but we broke off and then stayed single for a lot of years.

I think she didn't want to settle and I am happy that she was allowed to really choose for herself because the look of adoration on her husband's face towards her is so real, and they seem so happy and like a great fit. I love their dog so much.

Her younger sister, who is my age (26) got engaged to her longterm boyfriend recently, as well. She wears short skirts and pants and they look like a regular couple in love.

• Upvote 5

Wow, Sarah’s husband is 42?? That’s ancient for a newly married fundie. And her sister is smooching the hell out of her fiancé at their engagement ?

Sarah is wearing skirts in all of her instagram photos, including when she’s hiking and camping. She can’t be too far off the fundie bandwagon. 

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The Reiths became fundie-lite/mainstream conservative after the courtship disolved.  If look at the pictures, when she met Zach, they were typical fundie maidens. A few years ago I saw her Instagram. She was skinny jeans, and sleeveless shirts. She was traveling. She was into hunting, bows and arrows, guns etc. If you looked at the Instagram, you'd know she was a rightwinger, but I doubt you could tell if she was fundie. 

She got married last year. She was the first of her sisters to get married. They have more freedom than most fundie daughters. I think it is good for everyone that she and Zach didn't get married. 

The same as Zach. Married a working woman who was studying in a secular college (or school of some sort), after a short period of skirts only started wearing fashionable clothes, watching R-rated movies etc. Look at Whitney instagram, nothing smells fundie, but they hold hateful beliefs and love Trump. 

I'm happy Sarah and Zach didn't married, because obviously their lives are way better now, but there is no difference about Sarah and Zach current way of life.

• Upvote 9

On 10/19/2020 at 3:18 AM, moreorlessnu said:

didnt she have a second failed courtship after Zach? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

didnt she have a second failed courtship after Zach? 

She was actually engaged, with a wedding date. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

She was actually engaged, with a wedding date. 

IIRC, the engagement ended just a few months before the wedding.  That had to be hard.  Unlike with Zach, she seemed pretty smitten with her then-fiance.

Not sure exactly how fundie the Reiths are.   I agree that back in the courtship days, they looked pretty fundie but in the following years that seemed to change with Sarah and her sibs sporting Magnolia Pearl type clothing and a lot more makeup.  I know looks don't necessarily mean anything but somehow I got the feeling the Reiths weren't as die-hard fundie like the Bateseses or Duggars.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Not sure exactly how fundie the Reiths are.   I agree that back in the courtship days, they looked pretty fundie but in the following years that seemed to change with Sarah and her sibs sporting Magnolia Pearl type clothing and a lot more makeup.  I know looks don't necessarily mean anything but somehow I got the feeling the Reiths weren't as die-hard fundie like the Bateseses or Duggars

Carlin, Josie, Alyssa, Jinger... any of them looks fundie, but they are. I don't follow the Reiths, but clothes don't mean they have changed.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Withney post a new photoshoot and I feel like this could easily be part of a pregnancy photo shoot, not because of a bump or so but is just a feeling with the photos and the caption about enjoying the little moment or something like this. It seems that Taryn has been replaces by this other photographer now. 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Wow, it smells announcement.

Those fundies pre-announce the announcement with their photoshots, don't they? I don't get the reason behind that.

Khloé is not even one. I feel sad. Whitney has her business, her home chores, is homeschooling 2 kids and looking after a baby. Khloé may easily become as lost as her cousin Everly... 

• Upvote 14

Could be an announcement, could be that she decided she wanted some photos of her kids that weren’t blurry.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

Darian is certainly basking in the newfound fame that comes with being in with the Bates, but you have to admit her photography skills are miles ahead of Taryn Yager. The only Taryn pics that didn't completely suck were the wedding photos she did for Bori.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Bradley and Kaci are 20 months apart then there is a gap of (I think) 3 years and 4 months between Kaci and Khloe. Maybe Zac and Whitney want another 20 month gap so that each child has a sibling fairly close to them in age? I could possibly see them having a total of 6 kids in this way : 2 kids then over a 3 year gap, 2 kids and maybe a 5 year gap before the final 2 kids. Merely speculating ?.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Angelface said:

Bradley and Kaci are 20 months apart then there is a gap of (I think) 3 years and 4 months between Kaci and Khloe. Maybe Zac and Whitney want another 20 month gap so that each child has a sibling fairly close to them in age? I could possibly see them having a total of 6 kids in this way : 2 kids then over a 3 year gap, 2 kids and maybe a 5 year gap before the final 2 kids. Merely speculating ?.

Whitney had a miscarriage between Kaci and Khloe. That's why the spacing between them is longer. 

• Upvote 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic