IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

7 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

That realtor video did not show the house well at all. 

I agree. That video was not good...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

@AmazonGrace Is that (the picture under the spoiler) Gwen Shamblin Lara's reflection for today? It reads like an infomercial sales person! Or like Gallagher says about Sledge-o-Matic

"Ladies and gentlemen! I did not come here tonight just to make you laugh. I came here to sell you something and I want you to pay particular attention!

The amazing Master Tool Corporation, a subsidiary of Fly By Night Industries, has entrusted who? Me! To show you! The handiest and the dandiest kitchen tool you’ve ever seen. And don’t you wanna know how it works!?

Well first you get out an ordinary apple. You place the apple between the patented pans. Then you reach for the tool that is not a slicer, is not a dicer, is not chopper in a hopper! What in the hell could it possibly be?! The Sledge-O-Matic!"

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If you're Gwen Shamblin Lara, God will  fix your car.

Typical fundie.  Give Gwen Shamblin Lara (aka Gwod) hard cash, but if you need something, pray.  Maybe the light unto your path means you don't need to replace your headlights.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

[speculation] Gwen may be thinking about retirement to Italy, so of course the elder leadership would migrate with her.  Maybe they are scouting out properties for her and her sweet Joe.  Who could live without their wealthy prophetess?  She can leave the Brentwood facility in Elizabeth's capable skeletal hands.

FTFY.

I find myself wondering if there is some legal advantage for them in Italy, somehow. She could easily still lead the Brentwood people via video and/or webcam. It's Gwen, maybe she just wants to live in Italy. Or maybe she just wants a house there to brag about. Or maybe storing up some of her money in overseas property is a way to protect it if anyone starts poking too hard into the finances. Could be anything, really.

• Upvote 5

I don’t know that Gwen Shamblin Lara has any dealings with/interest in Italy at all. (Though she and Joe Lara did honeymoon In Europe with their possee.) 

The Day family — Remnant leaders — has a home in Irsina, Italy and other leaders keep visiting, and now the An-jays, also Remnant Fellowship leaders,  are looking at real estate there. 

There has to be some kind of financial/tax reason at the core.

• Thank You 3

not picking on Tarzan's looks, but that expression says it all.

perfect for my first FJ-relevant avatar :')

#FreeJoe ?

...It's Gwen, maybe she just wants to live in Italy. Or maybe she just wants a house there to brag about.

/snipped

I personally suspect her speculative interest in Italy may be sculpture-related (wooden or otherwise)

Edited by precious blessing
added stuff
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Is that (the picture under the spoiler) Gwen Shamblin Lara's reflection for today? It reads like an infomercial sales person! Or like Gallagher says about Sledge-o-Matic

That was my first thought, too. 

"Do you need a counselor?...Are you low on cash, need your roof fixed or your car repaired?"

Jesus can fix aaalllll of this for the low low price of $19.95!!!! But wait! If you call now, Jesus will throw in 2 healings at no extra charge! We're not done yet! Jesus is so excited about you joining his flock that he's adding 2 miracles of your choosing ab-so-lute-ly free!!! Operators are standing by to take your call or send check or money order to: Gwen Shamblin Lara, c/o Remnant Church.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 7

Do we know what the Day family does for a living? Are they rather new RF leaders compared to the others?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Do we know what the Day family does for a living? Are they rather new RF leaders compared to the others?

He is the Senior Executive Vice Chairman for World Financial Group. The company's info can be found below. The children have also followed in his footsteps and all work within the company.

http://worldfinancialgroup.com/learn-about

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, sajetime said:

The Day family — Remnant leaders — has a home in Irsina, Italy

Obviously the World Financial Group MLM scam Rob Day is a big wa-hoo of pays really, really, really, really well.  Let's not forget they also own a huge, historical, completely renovated, mansion in Brentwood.

Edited to add.  The Days have 2 younger daughters (8 and 10 maybe?) both of which are seen in group photos,  However, on Tiffani Day's FB, only one of them, the older, seems to appear in posts praising her, or highlighting something she's done or just posting how beautiful/ graceful/ godly/ etc she is.

Tiffani Day is a serious FB oversharer so you'd think she'd post about both girls.

Former RFers -- any insight on why the youngest child seems to be ignored?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • WTF 2

Well, they have vacation homes all over Pigeon Forge, Destin, and now Irsina, Italy...they'll have destination locations that are all Remnant Fellowship sanctioned and a profitable business racket with all the Remnant Fellowship members so eager to live the lives of Gwen Shamblin Lara, The Days, The Angers, etc.

Brentwood REALLY reminds me of how the Scientologists took over Clearwater, Florida.  Fortunately, the city counsel realized the writing on the walls early on and squashed that disaster in the making.

• Upvote 7

World Financial Group sounds like a shady MLM...

I do wonder how the Days actually accumulated wealth from it. Honestly, my thoughts are that they recruited a majority of church members into it. 

Also, I can’t help but wonder if Gwen is giving hefty church payouts to her friends in her inner circle.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6

Today's question is, How to fall in love with God. 

Spoiler

How do you fall in love with God? Well, how did we fall in love with food? What happened was our hearts became enslaved to food by obeying the food. When the potato chips called our name from the pantry and said, “Hey, come eat me,” we found ourselves listening and obeying. When we drove down the street and the #3 combo from the fast food restaurant called our name, we found ourselves obeying by pulling into the drive-thru… obedience. When we thought about a great steak dinner, we felt our emotions rise—our pulse rate went up… passion. Our senses were alert to the voice and presence of food (popcorn popping, steak sizzling, corn boiling, and candy wrappers opening)… we listened. Our mind thought about recipes and dinners every spare moment, including times when it should have been concentrating on the job at hand… focus. We found ourselves dressing for eating occasions, preferring elastic outfits with no belts! We looked for opportunities to be in the food’s presence. We looked forward to times alone for a binge. We would do anything to get to food and find it no problem, no burden. Cooking or working on the food was something that was always a pleasure. Being separated from food brought sadness. Slowly but surely, this describes the state of your heart. Your heart is an emotional, feeling entity made to adore.

And the answer is.... Well, actually I have no idea. By getting a binge eating disorder? 

I don't like cooking so she's not talking to me anyway.

• WTF 5
  • Thank You 4

Out of curiosity, how long has Elizabeth been this ill looking? I do think it's likely that our observations of the correlation between Gwen Shamblin Lara's starvation preaching and her daughter's emaciation are the reason we don't see many pictures if her. I just had another thought while I was catching up. She looks a lot like my grandpa did when he was battling cancer. Of course, he started looking more like that when he tried the blue green algae and wheatgrass diet to cure it so... I don't know, idle thoughts. 

Oh, Remnant Fellowship is a cult. 

Edited to add: I was working on my first cup if coffee when I posted. I forgot to ask what happens when one of the "Saints" gets cancer? If it's one of the royal family? I've seen them talk about things like that being a curse from God. Would they deny everything including treatment? Or would they get treatment and sweep it under the rug? I don't think Elizabeth has cancer, it just got me thinking. 

Edited by DaisyD
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today's question is, How to fall in love with God. 

Hide contents

How do you fall in love with God? Well, how did we fall in love with food? What happened was our hearts became enslaved to food by obeying the food. When the potato chips called our name from the pantry and said, “Hey, come eat me,” we found ourselves listening and obeying. When we drove down the street and the #3 combo from the fast food restaurant called our name, we found ourselves obeying by pulling into the drive-thru… obedience. When we thought about a great steak dinner, we felt our emotions rise—our pulse rate went up… passion. Our senses were alert to the voice and presence of food (popcorn popping, steak sizzling, corn boiling, and candy wrappers opening)… we listened. Our mind thought about recipes and dinners every spare moment, including times when it should have been concentrating on the job at hand… focus. We found ourselves dressing for eating occasions, preferring elastic outfits with no belts! We looked for opportunities to be in the food’s presence. We looked forward to times alone for a binge. We would do anything to get to food and find it no problem, no burden. Cooking or working on the food was something that was always a pleasure. Being separated from food brought sadness. Slowly but surely, this describes the state of your heart. Your heart is an emotional, feeling entity made to adore.

And the answer is.... Well, actually I have no idea. By getting a binge eating disorder? 

I don't like cooking so she's not talking to me anyway.

Gwen Shamblin Lara of Remnant Fellowship really has odd ideas about how most people function around food. IMO this is because she spends her days focusing on food, in that she focuses on not eating it. It was clear in the devotionals before she changed them that her days were spent chasing hunger. So she thinks that everyone else spends their days obsessing over food like she does hunger.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Well, finally a devotional I can connect with.  I often converse with a bag of potato chips while figuring out what to have for my next meal.  I also talk to my cat.  Praise Gwod.

Gwen Shamblin Lara - cult leader of Remnant Fellowship - she who does not wear elastic outfits with belts - maybe her cross-body purse holds up her trousers - I, too, can spout random nonsense - $29.95, please...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

It’s Remnant Fellowship Youth Group Rush time. This is the Days’ daughter.  And lots of streamers and screaming. My favorite part is watching one of the “helpers” and Gwen Shamblin’s granddaughter Grace sitting in the Mercedes Sprinter and texting most of the time while others do the work.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaisyD said:

Edited to add: I was working on my first cup if coffee when I posted. I forgot to ask what happens when one of the "Saints" gets cancer? If it's one of the royal family? I've seen them talk about things like that being a curse from God. Would they deny everything including treatment? Or would they get treatment and sweep it under the rug? I don't think Elizabeth has cancer, it just got me thinking. 

If memory serves, didn't Elizabeth lose a child?  I believe that was not publicized much.  He just wan't mentioned anymore.  (I think I read that somewhere on FJ)  I believe unfortunate events that occur with the higher ranks get handled quietly while others (low ranking members) are questioned about their hidden sins... 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DaisyD said:

Without snark and for information only:

An adorable child in Remnant Fellowship with cancer is currently in remission. The girls’ parents are children of leadership, and members of the church has been very outwardly supportive. They’ve rallied around the family, and their test/testimony is being viewed as a glory to God. 

Elizabeth did lose a child, as did Gwen Shamblin Lara (who had a miscarriage during her third pregnancy). Elizabeth/ her husband and the Gormsen families are held up as examples for their Christ-like embracing of suffering.

I do feel if someone outside the church was dealt similar challenges, they would be viewed as curses for disobedience.

Edited by sajetime
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Awkward.

Daniel Sindell’s family (Holbrooks/Sindells) is in Remnant.

Daniel was previously married to a daughter of the Peters — Remnant leaders. But they lived as “prodigals” out in California. They’ve divorced and now Daniel has returned to Remnant; he’s  32.

The Voorhis gal — from another respected Remnant family— he’s marrying is only 25. Ordinarily that’s not a huge age difference, but there is a big gap in experience here; she’s a sheltered Remnant girl. And she’s the sister-in-law of Daniel’s sister, Becki.

This has to be somewhat uncomfortable for the Peters, Sindell/Holbrook’s and the Voorhis. 

I just can’t wait to read his testimony on the Remnant Fellowship Weddings Page!

38BB362F-C63F-4A21-88FB-448F3BA67EC9.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

Without snark and for information only:

An adorable child in Remnant Fellowship with cancer is currently in remission. The girls’ parents are children of leadership, and members of the church has been very outwardly supportive. They’ve rallied around the family, and their test/testimony is being viewed as a glory to God. 

Elizabeth did lose a child, as did Gwen’ Shamblin Lara (who had a miscarriage during her third pregnancy). Elizabeth/ her husband and the Gormsen families are held up as examples for their Christ-like embracing of suffering.

I do feel if someone outside the church was dealt similar challenges, they would be viewed as curses for disobedience.

A former Remnant Fellowship leader passed away from brain cancer. This year will mark the 10th anniversary of his passing. RF, Gwen and her leaders rallied behind this individual and his family. He definitely took conventional/medical treatments in efforts  to beat back the cancer (saw many doctors, did radiation/chemo, etc). His wife (a nurse) took care of him every step of the way. I do want to mention that Gwen and leadership did financially help this leader and his family throughout this process. For a while he was in remission but unfortunately the cancer came back and took his life very quickly.

He remained a Remnant Fellowship leader and executed his duties as best as he could until the day he died. His duties were executed under his own accord. He was a fighter. I was really close with him so even typing this now gets me emotional. From what I remember, Gwen and this leader’s family were there at his final moments.

2. There is a current member of leadership who was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago. The moment it was discovered, she was immediately taken to the nearest, best hospital in the region in order to have it removed. From what I understood, she had a mastectomy.

The only reason why I knew about it was because I was a youth counselor for this leaders kids and we talked / opened up about it. From what I know she has made a great recovery and is doing well. I am unsure if this has made it to the General RF public. I do know that it was “hush hush” for quite a while.

3. There also is another young girl that currently is in remission from cancer. She and her family are some of the oldest members of Remnant. She also was given a lot of love and support. I am unaware as to how leadership treated her parents and the rest of her family during this process. 

I do want to disclaim that despite Gwen, leadership and company being there for these families, the methods of dealing with these extreme cases of sickness varies. On one end of the spectrum, I have witnessed the individuals and families of the afflicted be open and honest about it. On the other end, some people has/was/is kept it very secretive. I wouldn’t doubt it for second that Gwen has had a hand in either of the decisions to go public or not. I also wouldn’t put it past her to perform her usual mental and emotional gymnastics on the afflicted and their families. I cannot stat this as fact but given her behavior, who she his, her track record, I would say it’s safe to make assumption and treat it as fact.

Gwen and her leadership has historically rallied quick to those who have had / have cancer. As far as motives are concern, I believe it’s a mix of sincerity for the afflicted and their family, doing what she deems is right by her beliefs and at the same time, being there doing for the image and sake of Gwen’s cult. All of the decisions Gwen make definitely aren’t as one dimensional as some of us on here believe.  

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

It’s Remnant Fellowship Youth Group Rush time. This is the Days’ daughter.  And lots of streamers and screaming. My favorite part is watching one of the “helpers” and Gwen Shamblin’s granddaughter Grace sitting in the Mercedes Sprinter and texting most of the time while others do the work.

This is a good way to suck in the tweens and teens. They make RF seems so fun and exciting. It’s a smart move I admit. How could a girl resist something like this?

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is a good way to suck in the tweens and teens. They make RF seems so fun and exciting. It’s a smart move I admit. How could a girl resist something like this?

I have no idea what actually happened in that video. What's a rush? Why was everyone screaming? What was happening in the van? Why was the bed decorated? Is there supposed to be cake? My fat ass would want a cake. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I have no idea what actually happened in that video. What's a rush? Why was everyone screaming? What was happening in the van? Why was the bed decorated? Is there supposed to be cake? My fat ass would want a cake. 

I imagine they are just copying sorority culture. Because these girls would never be allowed to join an actual sorority in college. Rush means you are trying to be accepted into the sorority. The RF sorority I guess...

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

• Curious locked this topic