IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

Gwen’s eyes look sad, empty, and blank all at once. 

I would like to know how she was in her teens and 20’s. I find it odd that she’s never posted a pic of herself in her “fat” days. 

Also, does anyone know how she met her ex? Did she ever talk about him? So very odd and honestly was a red flag when I was trying to get involved years ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 5/31/2019 at 5:20 AM, Botkinetti said:

Gwen is saying that you cannot love and be passionate about two things . So does she only love one child at a time ? Because she was married before is she saying she it is not possible she loves her second husband ? If she is able to love all of her family with her “ heart of flesh “ how can she devote herself to her ministry ?

I assume her followers give as little thought to her devotionals as she does.

On 5/31/2019 at 6:52 AM, RFsurvivor said:

You can’t serve two masters, but what about her husband and her God? 

God uses human relationships and marriages to teach what true love is. 

On 5/31/2019 at 7:31 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

To me, the more you love the more your heart (or ability to love) grows. When love hurts (death, break up, disappointment, etc) the hurt will leave a scar but that doesn't mean you can't love again. An emotionally mature person will deal with the hurt (grieve, etc) and move on and love again. An emotionally stunted person will hold onto that hurt and make the hurt grow and become distant and possibly bitter. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/31/2019 at 5:20 AM, Botkinetti said:

Gwen is saying that you cannot love and be passionate about two things . So does she only love one child at a time ? Because she was married before is she saying she it is not possible she loves her second husband ? If she is able to love all of her family with her “ heart of flesh “ how can she devote herself to her ministry ?

On 5/31/2019 at 6:52 AM, RFsurvivor said:

You can’t serve two masters, but what about her husband and her God? 

"God uses human relationships and marriages to teach what true love is.

This passion can be given to anything from the Earth below to the Heavens above, but it belongs to God."

Today's devotional reads like an explanation to the above comments. Constantly trying to respond to the "negative" remarks must be exhuasting for Gwen. 

• Upvote 2

@SuperNova her devotional was certainly in response to FJ again. It does make me wonder what was influencing the devotionals while i was a member! I’m sure there was something. If only she had responded to the questions we posted to the RFers who tried to defend her a few threads ago. 

• Upvote 7

I never have any idea how to comment on these people. My head is always shaking back and forth too much to be coherent...

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

How to Tell if Something is an Idol

June 02, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

There is only one way to find out if something is an idol in your life: let it be taken away. Then, if you really mourn for it, you know that your heart has been given over to an idol. For example, if God took away your food, how would you react? God weighs the motives of the heart.

Will you be drained if you give ALL of your heart to God? It is a miracle—you will discover that you have even more time and energy if you put God above all. However, if you worship something above God (football and basketball, computers and cars, clothes and social climbing, chocolate and desserts, children and careers) you will feel drained, lethargic, worn out, emotionless, empty. You will not have energy to love your spouse, children, or friends.

Everyone is religious and everyone adores something, but one drains and one gives back. A false god can give nothing back. The One True God owns it all and does not need your love or time or energy, so He just gives it right back!

Today we learn that if you love your kids you are empty inside.

If God takes away my food I'm gonna effing starve to death eventually but whatevs, if I'm dead I'm not going to mourn it.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

Gwen is one to talk. She won't even give up her diet coke when she is fasting for God. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Hide contents

How to Tell if Something is an Idol

June 02, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

There is only one way to find out if something is an idol in your life: let it be taken away. Then, if you really mourn for it, you know that your heart has been given over to an idol. For example, if God took away your food, how would you react? God weighs the motives of the heart.

Will you be drained if you give ALL of your heart to God? It is a miracle—you will discover that you have even more time and energy if you put God above all. However, if you worship something above God (football and basketball, computers and cars, clothes and social climbing, chocolate and desserts, children and careers) you will feel drained, lethargic, worn out, emotionless, empty. You will not have energy to love your spouse, children, or friends.

Everyone is religious and everyone adores something, but one drains and one gives back. A false god can give nothing back. The One True God owns it all and does not need your love or time or energy, so He just gives it right back!

Today we learn that if you love your kids you are empty inside.

If God takes away my food I'm gonna effing starve to death eventually but whatevs, if I'm dead I'm not going to mourn it.

I’m pretty sure God is asking every RFer to give up Gwen. Do it and see what happens. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

Then, if you really mourn for it, you know that your heart has been given over to an idol. For example, if God took away your food, how would you react? God weighs the motives of the heart.

So, God takes away your food and you mourn food, because, you know, starvation.  And then God weighs (is this a pun, Gwod?) the motives of the heart?  Your starved heart?  WTF?

I now understand how Trump feels when he gets his daily briefing. Gwen, we need bullet points and pictures to explain today's devotional. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

I posted this  in the weird ads thread but I guess I should have put it here since this ad perfectly explains the furry footwear:

Winter is coming.  

image.thumb.png.fc6d9b1645970bf5f497b41eafd988a8.png

• Haha 9

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

For example, if God took away your food, how would you react? God weighs the motives of the heart.

Gwen's asking the real questions today. What would happen if god took away Gwen's hair? How would she react? 

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Everyone is religious and everyone adores something, but one drains and one gives back. A false god can give nothing back.

I "adore" sewing and it always gives back. I put in the work and I'm rewarded with a new garment. It is possible to be passionate about something, truly enjoy it, and not become obsessive. I don't think it's possible for Gwen to enjoy something and not obsess. Food, hair, clothing, her mansion, and the RF weddings to name a few. These devotionals are very telling. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

She must be so hard to live with.

So you missed dinner? You sinner, if you loved God more you could miss dinner all day long and not notice any difference.

So you like watching basketball? Shame on you, it's a stupid game and you should like watching Gwod.

So you're sorry that you lost your job and livelihood? You're a bad bad bad person, why did you make your career your idol? 

So you adore your family and would be sad if they died?  I can tell you're on the wrong path because you only mourn things that are more important than God to you. 

If you have normal human feelings, if you like things and are sad when you lose something you liked, you're a heathen who worships idols. 

It's so much drama and so emotionless at the same time.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Gwen and Joe are so awkward. I watched the video @sajetime posted here and I felt secondhand embarrassment. They are more awkward than David and Priscilla Waller’s videos. Also, they have taken notes on hand sex from Josh & Anna Duggar’s courtship.

Joe has “a way” of cueing her to discuss something he doesn’t understand in the Bible. Also, I can tell if he says something that is not Remnant-Speak by looking at Gwen. He is still learning Remnant-Speak.

Question: Did anyone else notice Joe crying at something in the video? He got red in the face and wiped away at his nose and eyes. I didn’t understand WHY??? It appeared to be a reaction from Gwen discussing the beauty of the river on their camping trip??? His forehead and around his eyes have so much Botox that I couldn’t tell if he was crying, scared, in pain, holding in a fart, or if I was imagining it.

My husband asked me why I was listening to someone that was dressed up as a character from the Adam’s Family and I had to explain the whole story...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

On 5/28/2019 at 4:29 PM, throwaway9988 said:

If the current trend continues, this is what I project Gwen will look like in 5-10 more years (televangelist Freda Crews):

Reveal hidden contents

o4EJjzmGuibhsOkHrKfJ6mXGKxZV0YGcbaaulIqs

That’s Kristen Wiig on SNL playing a character. Ya can’t fool me! 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Gwen and Joe are so awkward. I watched the video @sajetime

Question: Did anyone else notice Joe crying at something in the video? He got red in the face and wiped away at his nose and eyes. I didn’t understand WHY??? It appeared to be a reaction from Gwen discussing the beauty of the river on their camping trip??? His forehead and around his eyes have so much Botox that I couldn’t tell if he was crying, scared, in pain, holding in a fart, or if I was imagining it.

My thoughts: he is allergic to the cat that walked by. Also, at 24:40, when Gwod begins talking about the kittens, he gets a funny look on his face. 

Ok, I’ll admit, it was cute/sweet when she was talking about the kittens. I adore felines. 

Poor Joe had a pinched look on his face ?????????

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Can someone explain to me how Gwen’s expensive homes do not violate her principle of self-denial, avoiding greed, and ridding oneself of idols?

Gwen sits in gold adorned furniture with mink fur draped around her shoulders musing about self-denial as if she’s some Buddhist monk practicing asceticism.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

On 5/31/2019 at 9:47 PM, formergothardite said:

No one can serve two masters.” Matthew 6:24 

I admit I'm very tired this morning. But reading that as "No one can serve two hamsters" woke me up quite quickly.

12 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Gwen's asking the real questions today. What would happen if god took away Gwen's hair? How would she react? 

Pretty sure we already know the answer to that. She'd buy a totally realistic wig and we'd never work out why her hair suddenly started emulating the Tower of Babel.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Can someone explain to me how Gwen’s expensive homes do not violate her principle of self-denial, avoiding greed, and ridding oneself of idols?

Because according to Gwod self denial only involves food. You can be a glutton in every other area of your life and it is cool with Gwod, but you better just lick those chips or you are doomed to hell. 

Gwen clearly comes up with justifications for all the things she wants. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Because according to Gwod self denial only involves food. You can be a glutton in every other area of your life and it is cool with Gwod, but you better just lick those chips or you are doomed to hell. 

Gwen clearly comes up with justifications for all the things she wants. 

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Gwen sits in gold adorned furniture with mink fur draped around her shoulders musing about self-denial as if she’s some Buddhist monk practicing asceticism.

Gwen would likely say that they are blessings for obedience to God. Also that she would be fine if God took it all away since she does not put it above God. Funny thing, if that was the case, why did she even keep any of the properties in her divorce? Why did it matter if she doesn’t care for earthly things?

• Upvote 11

Gwen has it in for people who like sports. (Does her ex?) 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190603-170635.thumb.jpg.76e1d1b8c940d1e686af1add47376b5e.jpg

My question is, when's the last time that one of Gwen's devotionals mentioned Jesus, Abraham or David? I'd have guessed that the heavenly all star team consists of oxygen, hydrogen, chemicals, fat, proteins, carbohydrates...

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen has it in for people who like sports. (Does her ex?) 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20190603-170635.thumb.jpg.76e1d1b8c940d1e686af1add47376b5e.jpg

My question is, when's the last time that one of Gwen's devotionals mentioned Jesus, Abraham or David? I'd have guessed that the heavenly all star team consists of oxygen, hydrogen, chemicals, fat, proteins, carbohydrates...

Gwen and the cult go to hockey games all the time. And Gwen has cheered and jumped up for them. There are pictures asproof. But it’s ok if Gwen cheers for hockey. Because she’s Gwen. She does no wrong.

• Upvote 11

In a way, RF is really a big sports arena.  The people dress in color-coordinated uniforms, have competitions for weight loss, wave palm fronds that look like lacrosse sticks, dance to rap music during the seventh inning stretch.  That's a good observation about Gwen going to hockey games, I remember she snagged a puck.  Joe was there looking surprised, ha ha.

If RF wasn't set up to be so entertaining, I bet it wouldn't be so popular (which is not to be confused with worshipful or spiritual).

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

<snip>

My husband asked me why I was listening to someone that was dressed up as a character from the Adam’s Family and I had to explain the whole story...

The Addam's Family is easier to explain and their outfits and hair is better than Gwen's. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Snarking on her hair seems pointless to me. If she had a smaller hive where would she put the bees?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

Joe was there looking surprised, ha ha.   

Oh, my. I couldn’t stop laughing. The visual is hysterical. Thanks.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

• Curious locked this topic