IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

23 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She's wearing boots with fur on them.  In Tennessee,  In May.

With shorts and a tank top.

I got nothin'. :whaa:

To be fair, she probably is a bit cold. Being on the thin side and only eating small bites of food means she’s probably chilly even in the warm weather. She’s probably sitting in the sun to stay warm. And get a tan. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Did anyone happen to see if Gwen did a live video today? It isn't up on her FB page. She may have removed and edited it or just removed it. If she skipped a devotional AND a live video then we are really getting to her. 

• Upvote 6

I guess she removes them now to go over them with a fine toothed comb to edit out things she didn't mean to tell us. 

Another very short devotional about God. Very telling she can write huge ones about not eating but very little about the God she supposedly worships. She sounds very Gothard like with her "giving away pieces of your heart" thing. 

God describes Himself as passionate and jealous for us. It is right to return what has been given.

No matter how unemotional some people have grown, at one time they had a heart of flesh. We all have 100 percent of a heart— but some people have given pieces of their heart to other things. The passion is so divided and dissipated, and it now appears weak with no energy to be passionate about any single thing!

Many people have idols in their lives and are not even aware of what they are giving their devotion and energy to. “No one can serve two masters.” Matthew 6:24 Why? Because you only have one heart. It was made to be devoted. It will not be devoted to two things. It cannot be. It is not possible.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

What a load of gobbledygook. She cannot think her way out of a paper bag.

Gwen is saying that you cannot love and be passionate about two things . So does she only love one child at a time ? Because she was married before is she saying she it is not possible she loves her second husband ? If she is able to love all of her family with her “ heart of flesh “ how can she devote herself to her ministry ?

I assume her followers give as little thought to her devotionals as she does.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

One of the things that always bothered me about that verse. You can’t serve two masters, but what about her husband and her God? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

The thing I don't get is fundies take love.

Gwen's crew, Gothard, and others say "giving away pieces of your heart", that makes it sound like we only have so much love to give and when we give it all out we will have none left.

To me, the more you love the more your heart (or ability to love) grows. When love hurts (death, break up, disappointment, etc) the hurt will leave a scar but that doesn't mean you can't love again. An emotionally mature person will deal with the hurt (grieve, etc) and move on and love again. An emotionally stunted person will hold onto that hurt and make the hurt grow and become distant and possibly bitter. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The thing I don't get is fundies take love.

Gwen's crew, Gothard, and others say "giving away pieces of your heart", that makes it sound like we only have so much love to give and when we give it all out we will have none left.

To me, the more you love the more your heart (or ability to love) grows. When love hurts (death, break up, disappointment, etc) the hurt will leave a scar but that doesn't mean you can't love again. An emotionally mature person will deal with the hurt (grieve, etc) and move on and love again. An emotionally stunted person will hold onto that hurt and make the hurt grow and become distant and possibly bitter. 

Of course they believe you can easily love 19 children and 97 grandchildren. But you can’t possibly love more than one significant other without major emotional issues arising and causing problems all throughout your life. It makes zero sense. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On May 29, 2019 at 3:28 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does anyone actually believe Gwen was roughing it in a simple cabin over the weekend? I bet she stayed in a cabin with air conditioning, a huge bathroom, full kitchen, and big comfy bed. Her hair and makeup look so funny out in the woods. 

9BC012E5-3DE3-472A-A2A9-2230208F23C7.jpeg

Honestly that's the cutest outfit I've ever seen her wear, I think. Her hair and makeup is ridiculous, but the outfit is actually decent. Better than her usual alternating between the "Magnolia Pearl before the destruction" and "prom night every day" looks. Yeah the shoes and socks are a bit non-seasonally appropriate, but they're better than her usual platform heels. And she's got no insulation, maybe her toes get cold easily. 

That said, I do have a lingering love for the huge boots/short skirts goth look, and the post-apocolyptic "it's hot and my clothes are all ripped, but I've got these big boots/shoes/legwarmers/shinguards on to protect from the hot sand and the scorpions and so I can kick people" look.

And wow, I think Remnant would be a great post-apocalyptic story... over the top cult leader with crazy hair and makeup, some super-skinny sycophants, shunning, scheming, Tarzan...

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Oh Gwen, honey, I don't know how to tell you this but cognitively intact people are capable of divided attention. 

• Upvote 16

I know she's not talking about The Growl much anymore, but I noticed that my stomach was growling about when I am normally eating lunch (it was later today than normal).  Except that my growl actually sounded like my tummy was singing to me.  No words, but probably something like "food, glorious food."

• Haha 16

40 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

kuva.thumb.png.2acc28deae7321b9b82a2e9ccc9d2c1b.png

Oh my, the little footies are killing me! So cute. 

I don't understand Gwen's devotional. It's obvious that she's struggling to find a topic and tone that can't be picked apart. If she's so sure that she's god's mouthpiece, why change anything? There is no devotional that will sway my opinion or change my mind, no matter how nuetral her language is or how well she edits her videos.

Until she came on the FJ radar Gwen was able to maintain a fair amount of control over how RF is viewed. We've heard that she's gone so far as to threaten people with legal action and we know for a fact that they tried to bring the brainwash right to the FJ doorstep. They proceeded to make fools of themselves until they were banned for acting like the borg. One account one person was beyond their understanding. My advice to Gwen is, nobody here is going away. You might as well go back to business as usual. At least that way you'll just sound crazy instead of crazy and stupid.

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

kuva.thumb.png.2acc28deae7321b9b82a2e9ccc9d2c1b.png

I... I could not resist the adorable chevron-toofed grin... and bought a used copy of The Story of Growl online.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 8

Oh every time my stomach growls I think of Gwen. It's annoying.

Question for @RFsurvivor
and other former members. You folks have been with us for some time now.

It's been an interesting and uniquely involved experience, I think,in the history of FJ.

Has anything changed in your lives since finding us?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Ohhhh to be able to have been here when the RF peeps were trying to argue! Is this still available to view???

I just started listening to the podcast “The Life After.” I grew up Southern Baptist. From age 6-19 I lived, breathed and slept Christianity, with a ‘lil bit of Gwen mixed in there. This stuff is seriously messing up people’s minds. (At least it did mine.) anyway, the episode I was listening to reminded me of Gwen. They were talking about how the leaders of the church would tell them not to take medication, but to just trust in God. ???? I am so thankful for FJ and podcasts like that help those struggling with these issues!!!! 

• Upvote 5

@Tuesday’s Child, this is only the most recent thread. If you look back to the first post on this thread, you will find the previous one and so on. I think the RFers came to try to defend Gwen in thread 3 or 4.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Question for @RFsurvivor
and other former members. You folks have been with us for some time now.

It's been an interesting and uniquely involved experience, I think,in the history of FJ.

Has anything changed in your lives since finding us?

For me this has been almost therapeutic in a sense. My experiences at RF aren’t an easy topic to explain and I don’t like to burden people with my weird past. I have found it interesting to share and see responses. There are things I didn’t realize were weird until someone here mentioned it! I think I’ve been hanging around here for close to a year now, and I have enjoyed the conversations. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 15

I'm so happy for those of you who got out of this shit. Each time somebody leaves a cult, an angel gets its wings, LOL.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

So do I, but I also tend to then eat and think "screw you Gwen. I'm taking more than three bites!"

Gwen is showing us! Another God devotional and this time she made it look longer by adding a ton of verses!

The only thing Gwen appears to have a passion for is hunger and accumulating vast quantities of stuff. If she truly had this passion for God you would think we would hear her talking about constantly using her wealth to feed the poor and hungry. Gwen only helps those who can help her. They must obey her, they must never disagree with her. Her passion is for herself, not God. 

The Greatest Commandment… One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” Mark 12:28-34

Why did Jesus say, “You are not far from the kingdom of God”? It is because just having the knowledge of what God is looking for is not enough. The journey and the spiritual war start in the mind, as we discussed before. But you could have the knowledge of God and not have a heart for Him at all.

God uses human relationships and marriages to teach what true love is. If you have ever had a crush on someone, then you know how this feels… it is emotional. You feel your emotions rise and your pulse rate go up. You would know if your lover entered the room, even if you did not see him or her, for your senses are alert to the voice and presence of the one you love. Your mind thinks about your lover every spare moment, including times that it should be concentrating on the job at hand. You clean up and dress for your love. You look for opportunities to be in his or her presence. You look forward to your times alone. You would do anything for this person and find it no problem; providing aid would be a pleasure. Being separated brings sadness. That is your heart. It is an emotional entity. It is passion and feeling. This passion can be given to anything from the Earth below to the Heavens above, but it belongs to God.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

@Tuesday’s Child, this is only the most recent thread. If you look back to the first post on this thread, you will find the previous one and so on. I think the RFers came to try to defend Gwen in thread 3 or 4.

Found it! Thank u. That’s so crazy. I have ALWAYS been fascinated with cults (now realizing I grew up in one myself). You will never burden me or anyone else with your experiences. In 7th grade I went to my Jehovah’s Witness friend’s meetings, fully knowing it was BS, just because I wanted to see what it was about ? 

• Upvote 3

Some thoughts on the pic of Gwen and Joe camping. 

My first thought was that she was saying goodbye to her dead husband that they found barely alive so they laid him out on the table to do emergency medical care, but he didn't make it.

Second, I wonder if Gwen has that ridiculous hairdo to hide how thin she really is.  It's very attention drawing and if you are looking at that, you aren't looking at her collarbone sticking out or her arms that are so thin you could wrap your fingers around them.

It would be interesting to track the change in her hair and the change in her weight to see if there is a correlation.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

God uses human relationships and marriages to teach what true love is. If you have ever had a crush on someone, then you know how this feels…

I notice Gwen pluralized marriages, because her experience now includes offloading long-term husband number one and quickly covenanting with thinner, shinier husband number two.  Please note that I have no personal problem with people getting out of bad marriages, but if you've been passing yourself off as an authoritarian prophet and marrying off your young congregants willy nilly, I think said prophet should be setting a stellar example.  As we know, that's not the fundie way and many mental gymnastics occur in these cults.

33 minutes ago, Curious said:

It would be interesting to track the change in her hair and the change in her weight to see if there is a correlation.

This has been mentioned before, but it would be interesting to track the entire journey of Gwen morphing into Gwod.  What turning point made her board the crazy train, or was it a gradual process?  It's just sad that generation two is being so adversely impacted. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Curious said:

Second, I wonder if Gwen has that ridiculous hairdo to hide how thin she really is.  It's very attention drawing and if you are looking at that, you aren't looking at her collarbone sticking out or her arms that are so thin you could wrap your fingers around them.

That is a good point because if you cover up her hair it does show how thin and unhealthy she looks. Gwen isn't a healthy looking thin person. She looks sickly. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That is a good point because if you cover up her hair it does show how thin and unhealthy she looks. Gwen isn't a healthy looking thin person. She looks sickly. 

I truly wonder if Gwen wouldn’t seem so ill to us if 1) she did her makeup in a way that doesn’t make her look so pale. And 2) if her hair appeared healthier. Her hair looks fried and teased beyond recognition. Because I’ll be honest. If I saw Gwen in real life with ordinary hair and ordinary makeup, I really wouldn’t think much about her thinness. Some people are thin and it’s not indicative of health. It’s more than just thinness that would make me think a person is looking unhealthy. If the person is lethargic, if they have a pale or grey complexion, if their hair is very thin or falling out, if their eyes look dull, if they show very little emotion then I would think they are likely not healthy. 

But since we know Gwen eats incredibly unhealthy and is thin on top of it, we can make the assumption that her thinness is tied to her unhealthy eating habit. Her complexion doesn’t seem that bad to me (although her makeup makes her look pale). Her eyes don’t look completely dull or grey. Her face is obviously botoxed so I would assume that’s why she doesn’t show a lot of emotion. And she’s an older woman in her 60s so I wouldn’t expect her to jump around all lively and wild anyway. So what I’m saying is that if it wasn’t for her hair and makeup, I honestly wouldn’t even give her a second glance if I saw her in the grocery store. I probably wouldn’t think she was ill or had disordered eating. Now unfortunately Elizabeth is a different story. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• Curious locked this topic