IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

13 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Gwen, what happened to your “spirit leading?” to produce new material? Is God no longer talking to his chosen prophet?

God is trying but He can't get a word in edgeways

• Haha 18

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She clearly has someone fanatically reading here. They removed stuff petty fast when parts of RF they didn't want seen was made public. 

If we keep linking to ridiculous stuff she says and breaking it down/making fun of it, pretty soon she will have to take down all her videos and won't have any left :tw_joy: Or even better, she will grow a thicker skin and leave the crazy videos online for the whole world to see.

Does anyone know anything about search engine optimization?  It seems intuitive to me that the more we link to sites/videos and use full names (eg Gwen Shamblin instead of Gwen or Gwod, Remnant Fellowship instead of RF) that this forum would show up even higher on Google and other search results than it already does...but I admit I don't actually know much about it and am just guessing, so if anyone has any knowledge or advice in this area, please post it

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

If we keep linking to ridiculous stuff she says and breaking it down/making fun of it, pretty soon she will have to take down all her videos and won't have any left :tw_joy: Or even better, she will grow a thicker skin and leave the crazy videos online for the whole world to see.

Does anyone know anything about search engine optimization?  It seems intuitive to me that the more we link to sites/videos and use full names (eg Gwen Shamblin instead of Gwen or Gwod, Remnant Fellowship instead of RF) that this forum would show up even higher on Google and other search results than it already does...but I admit I don't actually know much about it and am just guessing, so if anyone has any knowledge or advice in this area, please post it

Pretty sure they have a dedicated team that does this for them on the positive articles, but they would have to be working overtime if we worked against them.  It took me forever to find this forum and none of the bad stuff from the child in Atlanta shows up on the first search pages anymore.  They say truth rises to the top I say s*** floats up

• Upvote 3

Just now, ajknowsthings said:

Pretty sure they have a dedicated team that does this for them on the positive articles, but they would have to be working overtime if we worked against them.  It took me forever to find this forum and none of the bad stuff from the child in Atlanta shows up on the first search pages anymore.  They say truth rises to the top I say s*** floats up

They do have a team who does this. Or atleast did when I was a member. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, RFsurvivor said:

They do have a team who does this. Or atleast did when I was a member. 

Indeed. The “truth rises to the top” team is what they were called. 

1 hour ago, ajknowsthings said:

It took me forever to find this forum and none of the bad stuff from the child in Atlanta shows up on the first search pages anymore.  They say truth rises to the top I say s*** floats up

Indeed. If you google search Gwen Shamblin, you can see that the majority of the controversies that used to display on the regular are no longer there. It wouldn’t surprise me if Gwen instructed her team and RF members to “white hat” search engine optimize (which they have openly admitted and encouraged members to do in the past) or hired a 3rd party company to do the work. This unfortunately isn’t an uncommon thing for organizations to do. There is in fact a ripe market for these kinds of services.

Unfortunately if someone wants to reach this site, they literally have to dig a few pages deep (if you’re searching Gwen a Shamblin) in order for FreeJinger to show up now these days. This was not the case months ago. Clearly they have been at work. 

Couldn’t they just pray us away? It just goes to show how little faith they have in their god and how insecure they truly are. It’s rather pathetic to be honest.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

It took a bit for FJ to make Doug Phillips is a Tool show up in top Google searches. I can't remember how it was done. 

Today's devotional was written directly for FJ. :laughing-jumpingpurple: God is Gwen's husband and he totally supports her when mean meanies say mean things about her. SO THERE FREE JINGER!!!!!! Where exactly does Joe work into her life since God is her husband who is there to comfort her, her constant companion and the one who gets her love and passion. Reading that you would not think she was married at all. Is she already bored with husband number 2?

And for those who say Gwen doesn't write new things, she totally get new information for God each day. Why must we question her so much!

What a genius and yet powerful King we have an opportunity to serve! He opens my eyes daily to new information from His Word or from life that confirms that He is the source of everything. So I love Him as a teacher, a comforter, a constant companion, a trustworthy leader, a husband/defender when I am slandered or falsely accused, an hour-by-hour boss, the source of life, and the love of my life to whom I can confidently give my love and passion.

It means everything to have His love returned to me. Just one sign sends a big smile to my face. It gives me the encouragement that I needed. First Peter 1:8 describes my feelings…“Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy.” I long to see His face.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

21 hours ago, sajetime said:

There is nothing new under the sun ... or in Gwen’s writings. She just repackages them for her flock to repurchase.

Well that reeks from Scientology's play book! 

pending less on organic foods means more money for Gwod’s followers to buy her repetitive books, subscribe to  All Access ... to attend Desert Oasis (or to buy the home pay-per-view option!) ... to tithe ... to travel to Brentwood for festivals ... for fussy formal gowns for church functions ...

A pay-per view option of a retreat? (Desert Oasis is a retreat, right?) What do they do at Desert Oasis? I thought the idea of a retreat is to get away and to focus on the topic at hand, how does that work from your computer screen with laundry and life responsibilities all around you? 

It’s worth noting that Gwen hasn’t written or produced anything new since her divorce/Joe entered the picture. Weigh Down Works was released, but again, that is just an expanded Weigh Down Diet. There have been no new classes or original books.

She has learned from Scientology. Change a couple words and make the flock buy new books. Or make it subscription video service but don't change the substance just change the adjectives and package it as "new". 

Wow. How are people not catching on to all this BS? How can they not see that they aren't getting richer but their leader and a select few are getting richer? I really don't get it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

"What a genius yet powerful King" 

So lucky because usually geniuses are total losers...?

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

So lucky because usually geniuses are total losers...?

Well, maybe just the "stable geniuses" are...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 3

Do Gwen and Joe do a daily live video? If so, can someone link it?

I’ve heard it mentioned but can’t find out where it is.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Do Gwen and Joe do a daily live video? If so, can someone link it?

I’ve heard it mentioned but can’t find out where it is.

They do a weekly Facebook Live show at 3 pm Thursday on Gwen Shamblin Lara’s public Facebook page. There are several on there now that can be viewed.

• Thank You 4

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It took a bit for FJ to make Doug Phillips is a Tool show up in top Google searches. I can't remember how it was done. 

Today's devotional was written directly for FJ. :laughing-jumpingpurple: God is Gwen's husband and he totally supports her when mean meanies say mean things about her. SO THERE FREE JINGER!!!!!! Where exactly does Joe work into her life since God is her husband who is there to comfort her, her constant companion and the one who gets her love and passion. Reading that you would not think she was married at all. Is she already bored with husband number 2?

And for those who say Gwen doesn't write new things, she totally get new information for God each day. Why must we question her so much!

FJ is doing to Gwen exactly what the Bible warns will happen in the end times. 2 Timothy 3:1-5, “people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money (wait a minute...), boastful, proud, abusive (hmmm), disobedient to their parents (didn’t Michael gain tons of weight, after his mom said not to?), ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving (sounds like how current RFrs treat ex-RFrs), slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited (big hair, tons of make up, fancy house and clothes, anyone?), lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a FORM of godliness but denying its power (it’s all about Gwod & her power.) Have nothing to do with such people.”

Hold up. Who is this describing again? FJ or Remnant???

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

On 5/25/2019 at 8:03 AM, Tuesday’s Child said:

Here’s a then/now. My, someone looks DIFFERENT 

92D7FEDE-BB9B-4D9F-88A5-262A34CFCDD9.jpeg

Is this transformation the "blessing" I would supposedly expect from God for repenting and rejoining Remnant?  If so, no thank you. 

If the current trend continues, this is what I project Gwen will look like in 5-10 more years (televangelist Freda Crews):

Spoiler

o4EJjzmGuibhsOkHrKfJ6mXGKxZV0YGcbaaulIqs

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

Is this transformation the "blessing" I would supposedly expect from God for repenting and rejoining Remnant?  If so, no thank you. 

If the current trend continues, this is what I project Gwen will look like in 5-10 more years (televangelist Freda Crews):

Hide contents

Dear Geezus !!!

• Haha 7

I think it would be funny if Gwen’s style evolved to having four eyebrows like Freda Crews, and then all her sad little copycats in Remnant tried to emulate her four eyebrow style instead of the current trashbagdress Magnolia Pearl-esque style

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Surely Freda Crews or the people around her realize how awful she looks.  My first thought was that she can't be serious, or even "real."

Looking at the then/now picture of Gwen, she looks like what is known as a plastic surgery victim - as in a botched job or bad surgeon. Her chin, lips and nose.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Oh Dear Jazeus.  I was sure Freda Crews was a parody -- then I googled her. And she's a Dr!! ..... of ..... of .... something. 

I thought Jan Crouch was really something else with her pink Marie Antoinette-esque Dynel wig. Until I saw Gwod.  But Gwod can't hold a candle to Freda.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Hide contents

I see Strangers with Candy got a spin off. Good for her. 

• Haha 8

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So I love Him as...a husband/defender when I am slandered or falsely accused,

...or when people say true shit that Gwen doesn't want hear. Or how she is at least partially responsible for the obviously declining health of her own daughter. Or how her marriage is one of convenience. Or that she's stupid for making a biblical argument for Fritos.

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Just one sign sends a big smile to my face

That's not god, that's botox. Gwen's face is frozen that way.

• I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

Surely Freda Crews or the people around her realize how awful she looks.  My first thought was that she can't be serious, or even "real."

Looking at the then/now picture of Gwen, she looks like what is known as a plastic surgery victim - as in a botched job or bad surgeon. Her chin, lips and nose.

It does not seem to be Crews’ current look. I think that shot is from a YouTube video and she overdid the makeup a few times early on. Some other forum looks to have posted some really exaggerated pictures of her, including the one above.

A01D2CCF-890F-43A9-BAA9-CDBC16AFE060.jpeg

• Upvote 4

OMG why didn't I know about this lady. 

This is a screenshot from a recent YouTube video https://youtu.be/4wQ3DmonOyk

I cropped it but did no other editing.

Maybe she's half blind and can't see her real eyebrows in the mirror when she does her makeup.Screenshot_20190529-061305.thumb.jpg.6c9abea2ae1c65204176498ee797b898.jpg

This one is from https://youtu.be/bDc10X1FSkE

Her eyebrow game is something else

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190529-062608.thumb.jpg.c2f588ab2e6854138c5777d481b17440.jpg

• Upvote 5

It blows my mind to see all of these “prophets” or “preachers” with so much make up and/or plastic surgery. I guess when I think of someone preaching God’s word, I think of someone who wants others to focus on the message, and not on the appearance of the one giving the message. There has to be some psychological issue with all of these women. It’s so ironic to me that they are representing the same book that says not to focus on the outer appearance, but to focus on the heart. Their looks are OVER the TOP. What the actual SHIT is happening. 

(And I also think of Joel Osteen, who looks AWFUL these days. He makes poor Joe look normal.) 

329CFA54-8F99-47F4-B100-84E60E3A0E4D.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Dear God, those eyebrows!!! And she’s not a parody? Omg.

• Upvote 4

• Curious locked this topic