IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Bill Gothard always made a big deal about how he only got paid a tiny bit, which was technically true. But he, and what I bet Gwen does, did was have the ministry support his lavish lifestyle. 

I hope Gwen gets the Bill treatment and ends up alone and in poverty.

When a person is rich already, why would they need to take money from their “church?” It’s like a rich philanthropist not taking any money from a charitable foundation they started. It’s not noble. They already have plenty of money to live a lavish lifestyle. Why would they need more? It’s just common sense. Gwen benefits in other ways from the church.

• Upvote 6

On second thought this is even dumber than I thought

Spoiler

The law was a guardian until Christ came and showed us all how to receive the Holy Spirit of God. Likewise—you no longer have to have an outside supervisor telling you everything to eat, drink, and do. You can use your own conscience (the Holy Spirit) and your own heart and hunger and fullness to guide you from within.

Does she seriously think that people who aren't Christian and thus presumably don't have access to the Holy Spirit of God can't tell if they're hungry or full?

If not, what does the Holy Spirit have to do with any of this?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• Curious locked this topic