IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Gwen’s devotionals come across as someone who wrote them while in a manic state.

Probably because she writes them while she's in a manic state.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I haven't gone through all the weddings so I don't know if he's in other wedding photos prior to his marriage to Gwod.  Perhaps he was really at the Reyes/ Voohis wedding. 

Gwen and Joe had to meet somehow in order to realize God's almighty plan was for them to seal their fate/ to engage in a torrid affair

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

Gwen cries when she thinks about how great her love for God is 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190610-123739.thumb.jpg.4a3f09cfca7f1becfd25ab6f1253c82f.jpg

According to Matthew 25 the one question that determines your fate is whether you were kind to strangers and *fed the hungry*. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Gwen’s devotionals come across as someone who wrote them while in a manic state.

I picture her frantically reading our posts from the day and trying to counter whatever criticisms we had. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen and Joe had to meet somehow in order to realize God's almighty plan was for them to seal their fate/ to engage in a torrid affair

?  The age-old story.  Gwod meets Tarzan.  Suddenly, scripture gets rewritten...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

Gwen is starting to remind me a bit of Lori Alexander - completely unable to realize that not everyone thinks the same and has the same hang-ups as she does. 

Gwen Shamblin Lara is addicted to food. That's all she thinks about. Every day, all day, she's thinking of what she wants to eat, what she shouldn't eat, how much to eat, is she really hungry yet, how little food she can eat that will satisfy "the growl", how much other people are eating, etc. That's what she writes devotions about. Her entire "church" Remnant Fellowship is based entirely on eating or not eating food. She appears to look through the Bible specifically to find verses that can be twisted to fit her philosophy of not eating, while ignoring the ones where people happily eat their fill. Does she ever actually speak about Jesus? Her devotionals never seem to relate to anything in life other than food. She'll sometimes tack on other forms of excess, but in general it's food. Most devotionals are uplifting, or thought provoking. Gwen's are "if you love God you won't eat" and "food is your master if you don't eat the bare minimum."

She's somehow twisted God into the opposite of eating a normal amount of food. And then somehow convinced a ridiculous number of other people that it is good, true, and biblical. It's not.

You can't starve your way to heaven. You can, however, starve yourself to death.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Does she ever actually speak about Jesus?

I was thinking about this just this morning.  I really don't understand how she justifies her lack of Gospel to her followers.  Oh, right, they aren't allowed to question leadership because leadership was appointed by God (says Gwen).  In that theory, ANYONE could walk in and say they are the new leaders as appointed by God??!  Salvation through works, not grace, no trinity...does she believe in the virgin birth?  Gwen Shamblin Lara's followers came from various Christian churches.  How can she scrub so much of the Bible down to what she has?  Brain Washing at it's best...

• Upvote 10

I have followed Gwen fora few months now and I recall only one mention of Jesus (she lamented that people don't mention Jesus) 

Jesus is problematic for Gwen because he talks too much about feeding the hungry and not nearly enough about being saved by being skinny. When he fed 5000 people did they all have the growl? 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

Question for former RF members: Let’s say a morbidly obese person (for whatever reason) became interested in joining RF, but had no interest in WeighDown or even weight loss in general—but did have ten million dollars to contribute to the church. How would Gwen react?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 6/6/2019 at 10:01 AM, DaisyD said:

Out of curiosity, how long has Elizabeth been this ill looking? I do think it's likely that our observations of the correlation between Gwen Shamblin Lara's starvation preaching and her daughter's emaciation are the reason we don't see many pictures if her.

We noticed it when the threads started. We noticed she didn't look well and since then she keeps going down hill. 

On 6/6/2019 at 12:41 PM, sajetime said:

It’s Remnant Fellowship Youth Group Rush time. This is the Days’ daughter.  And lots of streamers and screaming. My favorite part is watching one of the “helpers” and Gwen Shamblin’s granddaughter Grace sitting in the Mercedes Sprinter and texting most of the time while others do the work.

WTH did I just watch? I joined a sorority my 2nd year at university. It was great but we weren't even this over the top when we did rush! As someone else mentioned, talk about love bombing and trying to keep the kids in RF for a long time. And the bed! That is an expensive bedroom suite. And the lack of individual personality in the room. It has grownup furniture, grown up decor and wall colors. No fun splashes of color not even a cork board with her awards, dreams or crushes! I am betting the pictures strung between the bedposts was done by the RF Rush team. Her bed has more pillows than a luxury suite at a high end hotel! 

At the end in the van, I see the girl in black get up with long sleeves. That is Grace, Gwen's granddaughter? She looks very pregnant (go to 2:40 mark) , so if that is Gwen's grand daughter, how old is she? edit- for the record, I think this lady looks older than a teenager. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
see my edit

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

You can't starve your way to heaven. You can, however, starve yourself to death. 

The simple wisdom of this observation is impressive. I might insert the word "eternal" right before death. 

Gwen Shambin Lara and the Remnant Fellowship are involved in an evil experiment with human life that is as twisted as manipulative as anything I have ever heard of. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

At the end in the van, I see the girl in black get up with long sleeves. That is Grace, Gwen's granddaughter? She looks very pregnant (go to 2:40 mark) , so if that is Gwen's grand daughter, how old is she? edit- for the record, I think this lady looks older than a teenager. 

No. Her granddaughter is the other younger girl sitting down and texting at times — with the long wavy hair.

The pregnant gal is in her 20s. She is the one who was quickly remarried months after her first broken Remnant marriage — to the leader’s son who preferred men.

Edited by sajetime
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 5

On 6/9/2019 at 6:45 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Unless we are to believe that Joe Lara has been attending Remnant Fellowship for 2 years, the RF website people seem to be inserting his photo into wedding albums.

Go to the Remnant weddings website > Albums > 2017 weddings  > pull up Reyes & Voorhis, scroll 2/3 down the photos and there is Joe.

I haven't gone through all the weddings so I don't know if he's in other wedding photos prior to his marriage to Gwod.  Perhaps he was really at the Reyes/ Voohis wedding. 

Or maybe this is part of the RF history revision.  Like erasing the wedding of the RF royalty's son who divorced after a year and (allegedly) came out. 

(http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/)

Here’s the timeline that RFhmmm — a zealous Remnant Fellowship member — posted here about Joe Lara: “His first visit was at a wedding held at the end of August 2017. He was apart of a BNA business networking group for over a year, that a few Remnant members were also a part of. They invited him to the wedding. That was his first time meeting any of us.” So he certainly could have been at that late November wedding.

Gwen Shamblin. filed for for divorce Nov. 1, 2017 — a mere two mere months after Joe “Tarzan” Lara publicly swung into the picture.

Edited by sajetime
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 7

Hey guys, here’s what I ate today:

1 Egg McMuffin 

1 Nutrigrain bar

Pot roast with carrots and potatoes

grilled chicken w/ lettuce, ranch dressing and cheese, and a biscuit 

Bites (not sure how many) of an Oreo-caramel custard. 

Does anyone really, truly, seriously care about what I ate today ? I’m going to say no. And I’m sure God (or whoever) doesn’t care what I ate or how much I ate because there are MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DISCUSS. 

YA HEAR THAT, GWEN???? God! Just thinking about what I ate and if it was too much....what a nightmare to have to be in that state of mind 24/7. 

Oh, and I absolutely was not hungry for the custard. But it’s warm out, we had just gone on a walk, and I was enjoying LIFE and my family. That’s why I ate it. And that’s a good enough reason for ME. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Insightful said:

I was thinking about this just this morning.  I really don't understand how she justifies her lack of Gospel to her followers.  Oh, right, they aren't allowed to question leadership because leadership was appointed by God (says Gwen).  In that theory, ANYONE could walk in and say they are the new leaders as appointed by God??!  Salvation through works, not grace, no trinity...does she believe in the virgin birth?  Gwen Shamblin Lara's followers came from various Christian churches.  How can she scrub so much of the Bible down to what she has?  Brain Washing at it's best...

My father is a minister (non-denominational Christian).  He says he is careful about what he preaches because he believes that he will be accountable for misleading anyone.  Leaders in the church are appointed by God, but that gives them a great responsibility.  To mislead your followers is something you'll end up paying for one day...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

On 6/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Perhaps he was really at the Reyes/ Voohis wedding. 

I can attest that he was present at this wedding. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

12 hours ago, Insightful said:

I wont go into too much of my theory because I've been vocal about it to the RF people we know (and naturally, would rather them not realize it's me)... but I think she has stripped the Bible down to what is easy to understand for the average person. Do these things, cross these things off the list, make sure you never do these things, and you're good. It actually makes perfect sense to me that people fall for it.

• Upvote 11

Honestly, I think that Gwen basically created her own religion. Much of Christianity, with the exception of Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses, hold a shared belief in the Trinity. Gwen was very controversial in this aspect and Christian bookstores stopped selling her books over it. 

Gwen thrives off of creating her own ideas such as celebrating Jewish feasts and wardrobe requirements. 

Christianity has nothing to do with starving yourself and IMO, Gwen’s entire religion is basically anorexia, although she’d disagree.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

Does anyone really, truly, seriously care about what I ate today ?

Well I'm jealous because it all sounds nice, but otherwise no.

20 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Gwen’s entire religion is basically anorexia, although she’d disagree.

Totally agree. She's starving so her whole focus is on denying herself food when her body is desperately trying to get it. I really would like media (or Ross and Carrie - but only without endangering themselves) to do an exposé on this because it is seriously one of the weirdest cults going.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Today we get a lengthy Bible quote (Galateans 5:16-25) and find out that true believers get a personality transplant from God. She's Gwod now, confirmed. Also their marriage refreshes which must be why Gwen's husband looks like a different person now. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190611-142737.jpg.fdac2914d7387af44eb83791dfca0829.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

Beautiful, loving personality is not words I would use to describe Gwen Shamblin Lara. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

10 hours ago, OperationSunshine said:

I wont go into too much of my theory because I've been vocal about it to the RF people we know (and naturally, would rather them not realize it's me)... but I think she has stripped the Bible down to what is easy to understand for the average person. Do these things, cross these things off the list, make sure you never do these things, and you're good. It actually makes perfect sense to me that people fall for it.

That makes sense, I mean, I think that's what a lot of people who fall for fundamentalism are after. Faith is vague and scary, grace is a difficult concept, all the shades of gray and contradictions confuse them, and they want to go to heaven - guaranteed for sure. Fundamentalism makes that easier, it gives them rules. "Dress like this, do this, don't do that, do what the pastor (or other leader) says, read only this one specific bible translation you can barely understand, and God will be happy with you."

But why is it all about FOOD? People have been simplifying the bible into basically checklists for ages - but Remnant and Gwen Shamblin Lara are so focused on food (and being skinny) that they seem to skip the majority of the bible and it's message! And they don't seem to be following the Old Testament Jewish food restrictions, either. There's nothing in the Bible about licking the salt off a potato chip. (Nothing about Fritos, either, Gwen.) Most Christian denominations use food as a conduit for fellowship - potlucks, dinner on the lawn, Wednesday night suppers, Easter morning breakfast, coffee and cookies after service, my church has coffee set up in our gathering place and one lady brings donuts every sunday. These are times that all ages and groups in the church mix and mingle and enjoy getting to know each other. Jesus did much the same - one of the very last things he did was have a nice supper with his disciples. And seeing how he knew it was his last, I'd be willing to bet he wasn't eating only a bite or two of each thing.

Remnant seems to do almost the same thing with their parties, except after listening to Gwen preach about not eating constantly, I can't imagine they enjoy it all that much. How is it easy to relax and get to know people if you are constantly wondering "was that a growl? Am I really hungry? Is Gwen looking? Should I pick up a whole brownie or cut off a bite or two only?" "Celery has negative calories, right? I can fill up on that?" And what does ANY of that have to do with God?

• Upvote 12

There is plenty to say against Gwod, but as a UU I’m not going to condemn her for her Unitarianism, even though it may be a religious fad for her. Through the years, notable religious figures were executed for Unitarianism, such as Michael Servetus, who was burned at the stake for rejecting the concept of the Trinity (and that prick John Calvin was instrumental in this).

• Upvote 3

• Curious locked this topic