IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

23 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She must be so hard to live with.

To be honest, I don't know anyone could listen to her on a daily basis and stay sane.  I feel for her children as they are still stuck in their mother's world and caught up in the toxic thinking, to their detriment, especially Elizabeth's health.   I think there may have been something to the fact that her first husband was not active in the church, maybe it was his way of coping with the crazy until Gwen found new shiny husband no. 2.   And speaking of husband no. 2, he seems to look like a deer caught in the headlights.  Maybe he's finding out what he really signed up for.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Joe was there looking surprised, ha ha.

When does Joe not look surprised? He would look surprised at a funeral.

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen and the cult go to hockey games all the time. And Gwen has cheered and jumped up for them. There are pictures asproof. But it’s ok if Gwen cheers for hockey. Because she’s Gwen. She does no wrong.

There’s also a RF baseball team and hockey team....and everyone is encouraged to attend games. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

There’s also a RF baseball team and hockey team....and everyone is encouraged to attend games. 

They have a soccer and flag football team as well. Not sure if they are active but none the less...

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

58 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

43 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

They have a soccer and flag football team as well. Not sure if they are active but none the less...

How in the hell do the players have enough strength to play? If they are following Gwen's diet advice they should all be passing out after just a little bit of exercise!

Athletes need muscles needed to hit a baseball, skate up and down a rink and do a slap shot and run up and down a soccer/football field. Or does she have a different standard for males in RF? (Assuming that all these sport teams are for males only.) 

I am actually shocked they have sports teams! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am actually shocked they have sports teams! 

They have them And they better win too.

I recall a talk on All Access where a furious Gwen Shamblin Lara complained how the softball team (I’m guessing adult male) kept losing — getting “routed,” as she repeated, like, 10 times. And how embarrassing it was that they kept losing.

She insisted they must be losing because there was “sin in the camp” and because of that, they had lost favor with God.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 12

2 minutes ago, sajetime said:

They have them And they better win too.

I recall a talk on All Access where a furious Gwen Shamblin Lara complained how the softball team (I’m guessing adult male) kept losing — getting “routed,” as she repeated, like, 10 times. And how embarrassing it was that they kept losing.

She insisted they must be losing because there was “sin in the camp” and because of that, they had lost favor with God.

Or they just sucked. Lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

Ok I know this is petty, but I guess I’ll be petty today. It’s RF summer camp time and everyone is wearing the same camp t shirt. Some are blue and some are green. Look at Gwen’s t shirt. She cut it up and made it into a spaghetti strap tank top. I applaud her creativity while rolling my eyes at how she can’t be like everyone else. She must be set apart at all times. She can’t even wear the same damn camp shirt as everyone else...

67493E33-648F-4182-9727-9788F9BD3E50.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I know this is petty, but I guess I’ll be petty today. It’s RF summer camp time and everyone is wearing the same camp t shirt. Some are blue and some are green. Look at Gwen’s t shirt. She cut it up and made it into a spaghetti strap tank top. I applaud her creativity while rolling my eyes at how she can’t be like everyone else. She must be set apart at all times. She can’t even wear the same damn camp shirt as everyone else...

It went better with the stripper heels.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, sajetime said:

It went better with the stripper heels.

Those heels are so ugly. If she wants super high heels for height then she needs some cute wedges or espadrilles for summer. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Gwen would likely say that they are blessings for obedience to God. Also that she would be fine if God took it all away since she does not put it above God. Funny thing, if that was the case, why did she even keep any of the properties in her divorce? Why did it matter if she doesn’t care for earthly things?

A long time ago I remember her saying in a video that if Ashlawn burned down, all she would care about was finding out what she did to upset and anger God. Don't even get me started on how twisted that is Biblically. ?

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 5

On 5/31/2019 at 7:04 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

Question for @RFsurvivor
and other former members. You folks have been with us for some time now.

It's been an interesting and uniquely involved experience, I think,in the history of FJ.

Has anything changed in your lives since finding us?

I think this group has given me further affirmation that I made the best decision to leave the church. When you're in Remnant, everything they do is "normal" so when you FJers point out flaws in things that I once saw as "normal", I laugh because you're all right - those "normal" things were absolutely ridiculous. While I was aware that Gwen Gwod's teachings were confusing, I didn't notice until the end just how confusing and contradictory they were. The victim blaming and shaming makes me mad. The changes they make in their ministry regarding "counselling" based on the actions of their leaders makes me even more mad (ie. their whole stance on divorce changed when Gwen got a divorce).

While I don't check in here often, I appreciate the comedy you all provide while I continue to slowly gain a new sense of "normal".

And on that note, photos from this past weekend's wedding festivities. I won't even caption the first one, I'll let you all have fun with that. The second is Elizabeth, as I know you were all wondering where she was or what she was up to. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 4.14.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 4.11.43 PM.png

Edited by Fashion Forward
Spelling mistakes
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 4

That's the most expression I've seen on Joe's face. He looks sad, resigned, hopeless.

So Elizabeth went full goth for the wedding. How..... festive.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

1997 called.  It wants its shoes back.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

Is that Joe's response to our comments on his always looking surprised?  He dug deep into his bag of actor tricks (encompassing a full emotional range from A to C) and pulled out another look to switch it up a bit.  Either that or Gwen just grabbed his balls.  Get used to it, Joe.

1 hour ago, Fashion Forward said:

While I don't check in here often, I appreciate the comedy you all provide while I continue to slowly gain a new sense of "normal".

Thanks for posting the photos.  Gwen's cult interests me, and I use humor sometimes to disguise how appalled I am.  I'm not as good an actor as Joe, but picture me perpetually surprised as I learn more about her.  I'm glad you are figuring things out. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Does Elizabeth only own that one dress? Or is it the only one that fits?

btw, autocorrect changed "does" to dies...weird right? Or do I have ouija autocorrect? Ha!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

btw, autocorrect changed "does" to dies...weird right? Or do I have ouija autocorrect? Ha!!

Isn't that the dress she's wearing in the pics that kicked off this whole Gwen Shamblin thread? The pics that I said reminded me of Flowers In The Attic?

• I Agree 4

59 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

She used to wear other dresses...

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, sajetime said:

“If only I was Tarzan for real and could swing the hell out of here on a vine.”

Sorry-not-sorry...all I see is handjob.

And swinging to a much more important subject...I want to hug each and every one of those kids at brainwashing camp, and make sure each one knows that they are special and with special gifts and a possible positive influence on the world. How sad for their current environment.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

I think this group has given me further affirmation that I made the best decision to leave the church. When you're in Remnant, everything they do is "normal" so when you FJers point out flaws in things that I once saw as "normal", I laugh because you're all right - those "normal" things were absolutely ridiculous. While I was aware that Gwen Gwod's teachings were confusing, I didn't notice until the end just how confusing and contradictory they were. The victim blaming and shaming makes me mad. The changes they make in their ministry regarding "counselling" based on the actions of their leaders makes me even more mad (ie. their whole stance on divorce changed when Gwen got a divorce).

And on that note, photos from this past weekend's wedding festivities. I won't even caption the first one, I'll let you all have fun with that. The second is Elizabeth, as I know you were all wondering where she was or what she was up to. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 4.14.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 4.11.43 PM.png

Okay former RFers... I NEED someone to explain the crossbody bags that both Gwen and Elizabeth wear. I swear they're wearing them in 90% of the pictures I've seen of both of them. At one point I truly wondered if they were diabetic and those were supplies or a pump or something. If it was just a standard handbag I wouldn't have noticed, but it's always the exact same style of bag. I've asked RF people I know but they look at me like I'm nuts.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, OperationSunshine said:

Okay former RFers... I NEED someone to explain the crossbody bags that both Gwen and Elizabeth wear. I swear they're wearing them in 90% of the pictures I've seen of both of them. At one point I truly wondered if they were diabetic and those were supplies or a pump or something. If it was just a standard handbag I wouldn't have noticed, but it's always the exact same style of bag. I've asked RF people I know but they look at me like I'm nuts.

I don’t know if over the 10+ years I was a member if I ever saw Gwen or Elizabeth carry a real purse. Always the tiny crossbody bag. I think it’s big enough to hold a phone and maybe a card or two. A lot of women in remnant follow their example. I think there was even a member who made and sold similar crossbody bags.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, OperationSunshine said:

An insulin pump is about the size of an old pager. It's usually tucked in a pocket, occasionally in a bra or hooked on a belt. Putting it in a bag is not a terribly good idea as the tubing would have to be rather long and could get kinked or even cut. My husband's pump stays on his belt and the tubing is about 18" long, long enough for him to hang it on a loop while he's in the shower. 

Non-pump users don't normally need to carry much with them except maybe a glucometer, depending on what's going on. IF they're going out to eat they may have an insulin pen (more common than vial and syringe these days), which is about the size of a regular pen, just maybe a little fatter and a glucometer, many of which are very small these days. Also, insulin injections are usually given in the abdomen, occasionally in the back of the arm or top of the thigh. They're sub-q injections so you'd need to find a spot with a little meat on it. 

Ok...I'll shut up now...

Edited by feministxtian
hit submit before I was done
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

One day she is going to fall off those shoes and with the way she eats, the fall will have tragic results.   Unless she hits her head, then her hair will protect her.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

• Curious locked this topic