IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

Well just bless Gwen's heart she trying to show us she can't write about God and not Gwod! She is so filled with God's love that she love us hateful sinners. 

The more you love God, the easier it is to love others with the overflow of the heart. I can return love—even to others who have hurt me—because I know He loves me. Others might hurt me, but God’s opinion is so much higher on my list that it does not matter so much anymore what others may do.

When I think about how involved He is in my life, I sometimes want to cry. Obviously, there are hurting and sad times, too, but even in the low points, my heart always runs to the Father and finds peace only in Him. As you can see, I really cannot be silent about God. It is not a good idea to get me started because I cannot quit!

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

Dear Rufus she is such a twit.

She prattles on about love and to me sounds like a teenage girl talking about her first boyfriend. I think she wishes she could write a screed denouncing us as godless, joyless hags. Used to veneration by her people I believe we are really messing with her world view and self image. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Friends, today we will talk about God's love, by which I mean we will discuss my kind and loving nature and how haterzzz have Wrong Opinions about me.

I can too talk about God, just watch me!

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

At the risk of getting us further off topic, as a newbie can someone fill me in on the whole Rufus joke

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3

3 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

At the risk of getting us further off topic, as a newbie can someone fill me in on the whole Rufus joke

I may get some things wrong, but Jinger hit a deer with her car. She had the head mounted and named it Rufus. She took it with her when she got married. An entire religion involving Rufus was then created on FJ. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I may get some things wrong, but Jinger hit a deer with her car. She had the head mounted and named it Rufus. She took it with her when she got married. An entire religion involving Rufus was then created on FJ. 

Still a better love story than Twilight Still a better religion than Remnant.  

Thanks for the explanation ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

God’s opinion is so much higher on my list that it does not matter so much anymore what others may do.

I wonder what is higher than God's opinion on that little list of hers.  Hmmm.

Anyway, I think in Gwenese the above quote might mean:

My bank account is flush, and I am close to retiring.  Suckers.

• Upvote 7

Just now, CTRLZero said:

God’s opinion is so much higher on my list that it does not matter so much anymore what others may do.

I wonder what is higher than God's opinion on that little list of hers.  Hmmm.

Anyway, I think in Gwenese the above quote might mean:

My bank account is flush, and I am close to retiring.  Suckers.

She says this, yet she exercises so much control over those in her group... "I don't care what others do, except when I do care, and then it's okay that I care because I'm a prophet and they need to be 'under authority.'"

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

As you can see, I really cannot be silent about God. It is not a good idea to get me started because I cannot quit!

And yet this is the shortest devotional that she's written in a long time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Still a better love story than Twilight Still a better religion than Remnant.  

Thanks for the explanation ?

Rufus does encourage eating! 

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3

Does anyone actually believe Gwen was roughing it in a simple cabin over the weekend? I bet she stayed in a cabin with air conditioning, a huge bathroom, full kitchen, and big comfy bed. Her hair and makeup look so funny out in the woods. 

9BC012E5-3DE3-472A-A2A9-2230208F23C7.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

I've seen a picture of her cabin, it seems to be bigger than my house. 

That picture of them is so contrived looking. She is trying hard to make it look like they are deeply in love. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does anyone actually believe Gwen was roughing it in a simple cabin over the weekend?

Ha!  Is she checking for ticks in that photo?  Honestly, she owns so much real estate.  I wonder if this property was part of her divorce settlement?  Inquiring snarkers...

I do hope "the kiddos" had fun and are building good memories.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CTRLZero said:

Ha!  Is she checking for ticks in that photo?  Honestly, she owns so much real estate.  I wonder if this property was part of her divorce settlement?  Inquiring snarkers...

I do hope "the kiddos" had fun and are building good memories.

Omg can you imagine how many ticks could hide in her hair? Now I’m hoping they did check each other for ticks! Gwen doesn’t need Lyme disease on top of everything else.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3

it looks like she is trying *not* to actually touch joe's head...and wth are on her feet? not snarking, i genuinely can't figure it out

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

This is one of the fundies that I don't follow and don't know anything about.  But I saw the thread title in the forum and was immediately reminded of:  "You are the pineapple of Great Britain" from "Harlots." ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

it looks like she is trying *not* to actually touch joe's head...and wth are on her feet? not snarking, i genuinely can't figure it out

Holy crap you’re right. Her hand looks frozen next to his hair. Her smile is forced. And those are Camping Uggs, duh. (just kidding, I have no clue. But they look dumb.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her hair and makeup look so funny out in the woods

Bite your tongue! Gwen and Joe were made for "god's nature". Gwen looks totally natural and right at home amongst all the dried up branches and twigs. And Joe's face is as frozen as a stuffed and mounted deer head.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

I think she's wearing some sort of hiking boots that have a fur-/ sheep wool-lined tongue and slouchy socks or leg warmers.

Joe looks like he's dressed for "nature" but Gwod just looks silly. I suspect this photo on the patio was her entire "spending time in God's nature" experience for the whole weekend.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 5/28/2019 at 7:44 AM, formergothardite said:

It took a bit for FJ to make Doug Phillips is a Tool show up in top Google searches. I can't remember how it was done. 

Today's devotional was written directly for FJ. :laughing-jumpingpurple: God is Gwen's husband and he totally supports her when mean meanies say mean things about her. SO THERE FREE JINGER!!!!!! Where exactly does Joe work into her life since God is her husband who is there to comfort her, her constant companion and the one who gets her love and passion. Reading that you would not think she was married at all. Is she already bored with husband number 2?

And for those who say Gwen doesn't write new things, she totally get new information for God each day. Why must we question her so much!

I remember a skit on SNL many years ago, I don't think it was one of their repeating skits but was a one-time skit.  Basically it was about two girls, maybe called the Jesus Girls, who had crushes on Jesus.  It involved a lot of squealing about Jesus and which one of them he loved, that they wanted to marry him, etc.  That is the first think that sprung to my mind when I read Gwen's quote about God being like her husband.

Maybe she is a frustrated Nun, are they still called Brides of Christ?

• Upvote 1

On Remnant’s menu tonight:

I’d say “Anti-pasta” was a glaring spelling error (antipasto). But considering they’re against food in general, “Anti-pasta” is probably quite accurate!

103C0FE8-8EA9-4725-9142-10E780A413D3.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16

Not sure if this is old news, but the last time they went camping they brought Elizabeth with them and she seriously looks ill. Maybe Gwen should stop taking her daughter on camping trips and start taking her to a health facility. It’s truly disgusting how this is so obviously an eating disorder ??? Gwen, help your daughter!!!

E3102D4A-0C01-4983-A459-8A394B684E5B.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 7

11 hours ago, sajetime said:

On Remnant’s menu tonight:

I’d say “Anti-pasta” was a glaring spelling error (antipasto). But considering they’re against food in general, “Anti-pasta” is probably quite accurate!

103C0FE8-8EA9-4725-9142-10E780A413D3.jpeg

Maybe it’s “pasta” made from spiralized veggies?

(If it isn’t, I got nothin’.) 

• Upvote 2

No devotional today. Is she tired already of trying to write about God? 

• Upvote 5

She's wearing boots with fur on them.  In Tennessee,  In May.

With shorts and a tank top.

I got nothin'. :whaa:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• Curious locked this topic