Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

Recommended Posts

AmazonGrace
1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

What is "rudely full"? When you fart becuse you ate too much? Politely full doesn't make any damn sense, fullness doesn't have manners. 

Politely full is when you really want to binge but have to stop because people are watching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luv2laugh
Posted (edited)

How can one become “politely full” by taking two bites of a snickers bar, three bites of a slice of pizza, licking a barbecue potato chip, and sipping on Diet Coke all day??? 

Is it a sin to eat the half of a sandwich instead of the typical, Gwen sanctioned 2-3 bites? 

Edited by luv2laugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuesday’s Child
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, OperationSunshine said:

I know some people won't agree, but I feel like his music from 10 years ago was better. Don't get me wrong, none of it is great, but I feel like the music has tanked in the past 5 years.

 

so, while I will say this video is cringeworthy, there’s also something about his facial expressions that gives me the creeps. He looks so uncomfortable and out of it. 

Edited by Tuesday’s Child

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace
5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Politely full is when you really want to binge but have to stop because people are watching

I am the Gwen Whisperer. Today's devotional is all about wanting to binge.

 

"What to do about “Binge Foods”

May 24, 2019

If you have had trouble with sweets all your life and you are still bingeing out, it is because you are focused on them to a fault. God made your taste buds. He made you, and He designed you to have likes and dislikes. He knows what your preferences are, so do not be afraid to have favorites, even if they sound as if they are fattening. Do you have a particular favorite food that you seem to have struggled with more than others? What is it? Chocolate, doughnuts, homemade bread? It is not unusual for a particular food to be one that involves years of conflict. Maybe it is a food that you have more passion about, maybe one that you have binged on before. You may even find that you can wait for hunger before eating the chocolate, but then stopping is harder. You want to eat it all! Let me reassure you that you can indeed rise above this passion for food, too.

You cannot force free-to-eat-anything populations into monotonous diets because the body will cue them to desire and consume a variety of foods. Thin Eaters in tune to the body will always eat a variety and they do not binge on one food item. More about this next time!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite

Michael in that video just looks miserable. So he writes all the RF music? 

Gwen's advice for binge eaters is to not binge. Isn't that just so helpful. :pb_rollseyes: 

@AmazonGrace, Gwen is clearly very put out by your posts and responding directly to you. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
Christian Clueless
3 hours ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

 

so, while I will say this video is cringeworthy, there’s also something about his facial expressions that gives me the creeps. He looks so uncomfortable and out of it. 

The guitar player was once Shania Twain's lead guitarist, apparently.  He was on an episode of You Can Overcome once.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace
13 minutes ago, Christian Clueless said:

The guitar player was once Shania Twain's lead guitarist, apparently.  He was on an episode of You Can Overcome once.  

That don't impress me much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
Palimpsest

Does Gwen read here.

Gwen, your teachings are downright unbiblical.  Fritos are not unleavened bread.  Nor are they Manna or Bread from Heaven.  

All join in together in song now:

Spoiler

 

If you prefer, here's a secular anthem for the nonreligious among us.

Spoiler

 

Eat a whole damn bag of potato chips, Gwen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Hair, Black Dress
3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Michael in that video just looks miserable.

He looks miserable and ill.  Although I suppose those extreme dark circles could be make-up/ the B&W video..

He seems to be going through the motions.  As if he wants to be anywhere but there but just cannot seem to break free.

Money is a golden handcuff.  RF/WD/Gwod pays his salary..  He lives in a lovely large house in a beautiful neighborhood. He has a family to support.  He has no job experience beyond RF.  As far as I know no college degree. He is part of the RF Royal Family. Except for his father, every member of his family and all his friends, his entire support system, are RF.   Whether he's hiding out now because of weight gain or Gwod told him to stay home -- He's still Michael Shamblin -- revered and respected, looked up to and admired. A musical genius gifted by God.  All of RF listens to nothing but his music.  He is a very big fish in a small pond.

Think how hard it would be to to abandon all of that when you've never known anything else. When you have no idea if you can survive outside of RF in the evil world.  Think about not knowing if your talent is real, because although RF tells you you're a musical genius, you have no way of knowing if you have any real talent or not. 

Of all the RFers. I feel the most for Michael. I know he has a choice to stay or leave, but of all of them he seems the most ambivalent about RF.  Gwod runs the entire show and everyone literally worships her. Elizabeth is heir apparent and 150% all in.  

And Michael?  Michael just seems lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CTRLZero

Instead of writing about food, maybe Gwen will tell us more about the key to happy marriages, thriving children, and healthy relationships.  Oh, wait... 

7 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Think about not knowing if your talent is real, because although RF tells you you're a musical genius

Maybe he could team up with Lawson Bates, another musical godsend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ajknowsthings
Posted (edited)

Anyone else see these photos from Easter weekend?  I can't believe someone actually deigned to wear a dress larger/more flashy than Gwynnie Bear herself?  They prob pulled the hot glue sticks on her for that one.  I tried to find more photos from ol' Tiff's FB page but alas there are none sadly.  She does however have a major problem with over posting.  Maybe she's the next contender for a RF takeover - the hair is definitely getting there.  Side note - that woman on the right in the second photo looks positively murderous.  

remnant1.jpg

remnant2.jpg

Edited by ajknowsthings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
10 minutes ago, ajknowsthings said:

Anyone else see these photos from Easter weekend?  I can't believe someone actually deigned to wear a dress larger/more flashy than Gwynnie Bear herself?  They prob pulled the hot glue sticks on her for that one.  I tried to find more photos from ol' Tiff's FB page but alas there are none sadly.  She does however have a major problem with over posting.  Maybe she's the next contender for a RF takeover - the hair is definitely getting there.  Side note - that woman on the right in the second photo looks positively murderous.  

remnant1.jpg

remnant2.jpg

Strapless in Church?  This would have given my mom the vapors.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danvillebelle

Their super-special one hand raised signal creeps me the fuck out.  I don't know why, it just does.  It always looks so contrived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuesday’s Child
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ajknowsthings said:

Anyone else see these photos from Easter weekend?  I can't believe someone actually deigned to wear a dress larger/more flashy than Gwynnie Bear herself?  They prob pulled the hot glue sticks on her for that one.  I tried to find more photos from ol' Tiff's FB page but alas there are none sadly.  She does however have a major problem with over posting.  Maybe she's the next contender for a RF takeover - the hair is definitely getting there.  Side note - that woman on the right in the second photo looks positively murderous.  

remnant1.jpg

remnant2.jpg

The lady on the right is Amy someone.  She’s been there since the beginning, I believe. She cries a lot when she’s on the You Can Overcome Show. They’re just all weird. 

And I bet those Easter dresses cost a pretty penny. 👀

Edited by Tuesday’s Child
Wrong name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuesday’s Child
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

He looks miserable and ill.  Although I suppose those extreme dark circles could be make-up/ the B&W video..

He seems to be going through the motions.  As if he wants to be anywhere but there but just cannot seem to break free.

Money is a golden handcuff.  RF/WD/Gwod pays his salary..  He lives in a lovely large house in a beautiful neighborhood. He has a family to support.  He has no job experience beyond RF.  As far as I know no college degree. He is part of the RF Royal Family. Except for his father, every member of his family and all his friends, his entire support system, are RF.   Whether he's hiding out now because of weight gain or Gwod told him to stay home -- He's still Michael Shamblin -- revered and respected, looked up to and admired. A musical genius gifted by God.  All of RF listens to nothing but his music.  He is a very big fish in a small pond.

Think how hard it would be to to abandon all of that when you've never known anything else. When you have no idea if you can survive outside of RF in the evil world.  Think about not knowing if your talent is real, because although RF tells you you're a musical genius, you have no way of knowing if you have any real talent or not. 

Of all the RFers. I feel the most for Michael. I know he has a choice to stay or leave, but of all of them he seems the most ambivalent about RF.  Gwod runs the entire show and everyone literally worships her. Elizabeth is heir apparent and 150% all in.  

And Michael?  Michael just seems lost.

Im thinking the exact same thing. Going through the motions. What a way to live. I wonder how his marriage is. 

Edited by Tuesday’s Child

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperNova
1 hour ago, ajknowsthings said:

Anyone else see these photos from Easter weekend?  I can't believe someone actually deigned to wear a dress larger/more flashy than Gwynnie Bear herself?  They prob pulled the hot glue sticks on her for that one.  I tried to find more photos from ol' Tiff's FB page but alas there are none sadly.  She does however have a major problem with over posting.  Maybe she's the next contender for a RF takeover - the hair is definitely getting there.  Side note - that woman on the right in the second photo looks positively murderous.  

remnant1.jpg

remnant2.jpg

If I randomly saw these pictures I would never think that they were from a church service. These look like they came from some kind of second rate beauty pageant. It's like a flock of soccer moms decided to play dress up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

You're telling me those aren't wedding dresses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CTRLZero
22 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

If I randomly saw these pictures I would never think that they were from a church service.

Grand Ol' Opry?  A lot of these mega churches are mostly theater.  Gwod's is just an over-the-top entertainment center.  But pretty!  And shiny!  And thin! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Their super-special one hand raised signal creeps me the fuck out.  I don't know why, it just does.  It always looks so contrived.

It just makes me want to call them all “Douchebags for Jesus” when they do that raised hand pointing motion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperNova
2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It just makes me want to call them all “Douchebags for Jesus” when they do that raised hand pointing motion. 

It's so tacky. It's the religious equivalent of pull my finger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
sajetime
Posted (edited)

Several things about yesterday’s Shitshow with Gwen and Joe:

Miley Barcus (Shania’s one-time guitarist’s wife) is uncomfortably stalling for 10 minutes or so. She says that Gwen and Joe are preparing for a big school’s-out bash for the elementary age kids at their home. Fine. So when Gwen and Joe finally do show up, they’re dressed not in jeans and shorts — but in all-black dressy funeral attire? Huh?

Thespian Joe still can’t express love for Gwen in a mature, believable way. At 18:16, he says, “I love ya!” — not “you,” but “ya” — in a weird, jokey manner. Behavior experts say a telltale sign someone is lying is a change in pitch.

What Joe says after that is that they had encountered trying times recently and it was nice to have companionship. Trying times ... like a custody battle (any intel on that, anyone?)? Makes one wonder if they just got back from court.

 

 

 

Edited by sajetime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depressed
Curious
12 hours ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

 

so, while I will say this video is cringeworthy, there’s also something about his facial expressions that gives me the creeps. He looks so uncomfortable and out of it. 

I will preface this by saying music is not really my thing.  I have a few favorites, but I mostly like 80s stuff because that's when I grew up.  

I have watched/listened to several of Michael's songs and like them.  Not the words necessarily, but how they flow, the beat, etc. <goes off to hide>

In this particular one, I think he looks creepy due to a combination of the cinematography (if you can call it that) and that he looks like he hasn't slept in a month of Sundays.  That is some serious luggage under his eyes.    I've seen zombies that look better :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CTRLZero
6 minutes ago, Curious said:

I have watched/listened to several of Michael's songs and like them.  Not the words necessarily, but how they flow, the beat, etc. <goes off to hide>

No need to run and hide.  The little bit I listened to wasn't terrible.  One observation I'd like to make is that Michael is lucky/unlucky to be producing his music in the Nashville metro area.  He's lucky that he is able to draw on massive talent in the local music industry to help him out.  He's lucky that he has a built-in audience to listen to and appreciate his music.  On the flip side, he's unlucky that he is competing with massive talent in the same area.  He's unlucky that his built-in audience probably doesn't give him real feedback, but only fawns over him because of his mother.

It's a tough business, but he has an advantage that he has mentors (again, mom and dad) to get his music produced and distributed.  Now he just has to make it his own music and get a wider audience (if that's what he wants). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
sajetime
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ajknowsthings said:

Side note - that woman on the right in the second photo looks positively murderous.  

 

remnant2.jpg

The murderous-looking one is Gwen’s right-hand woman. To me she always appears extremely constipated and uptight. I get the impression her son — who Gwen swooned over during last week’s YCO — is being groomed to be Gwen’s grandson-in-law. He’s in most photos that granddaughter Grace is in. He has graduated from homeschool early and is going to college (that’s a big thing with Remnant crowd — rush them through school, courtship, marriage, parenthood) ... and he looks like a baby. He surely won’t fit in with his peers — and that’s probably the whole point.

Edited by sajetime
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
throwaway9988
Posted (edited)

I simultaneously laugh at these pictures and get bad memories from them.  Years later, and it's still all the same highschool prom-style clothes and hairdos, the crowded stage full of awkward banners, and the fake palm fronds.  Some things never change, I guess!

The only Michael songs I like are the second half of "Glorious" from the Legend to the Treasure, "Empty" from the Legend to the Treasure, and "Common Ground" from the Hosanna Symphony.  I don't hate Michael, but the constant repetition of his music just made me so miserable.  I probably liked one or two other Michael songs as well that I can't remember.  Having them drilled into my head on repeat by my mother 7 days a week for several years (in between audio recordings of Gwen's horrible voice rambling on and on) took any enjoyment away and turned them more into brainwashing/torture.

Edit: "This Covenant" was also pretty good, iirc.

Edited by throwaway9988

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.