IGNORED

Jinjer 49: Westward Ho!

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Are the Voulos realizing how expensive California is?? 

You probably nailed it. I can totally see her shilling even more stuff via her IG just to make ends meet. They would never admit that they actually can't afford living in CA. And when all their money is gone they'll suddenly move to AR due to a "job offer" and Jeremy will start to work for JB. 

Maybe I'm a little pessimistic. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

I wonder how long this will last. There are probably people out there who would give up $60 or whatever she's charging just to troll her. If paid, would she actually give shout-outs to gay couples or ~slutty-looking~ women? Would she realize she's being played when someone asks her to say, "Shout-out to Hugh Janus!" (credit to reddit for that one)? If/when she shuts it down, will she just pretend like she never had it in the first place, or will she and Jeremy use it as an opportunity to pontificate about how bigoted secular society is against poor honest Christians trying to earn a buck by charging stupid amounts of money to give shout-outs on a platform also used by such luminaries as the cast of 90 Day Fiancee? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

On 6/27/2019 at 10:25 PM, fluffernutter said:

I know a bunch of people who have fb pages for their pets. Maybe their pets are exciting but all my cat does is eat, run around the house like the Tasmanian devil for about an hour in the evening, and sleep. 

I will be honest here, I got on instagram about a year and a half ago for the sole reason of following pet accounts. I love animals, and whenever I feel down animal pics will make me feel better. And it doesn't matter to me whether it's pictures of sleeping animals (cute ❤️), animals eating (cute❤️) or animals having the zoomies or being up to no good (both cute ❤️) , I will love them regardless. Seeing happy, content, well cared for animals just melts my heart and brightens my day. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, Marly said:

I will be honest here, I got on instagram about a year and a half ago for the sole reason of following pet accounts. I love animals, and whenever I feel down animal pics will make me feel better. And it doesn't matter to me whether it's pictures of sleeping animals (cute ❤️), animals eating (cute❤️) or animals having the zoomies or being up to no good (both cute ❤️) , I will love them regardless. Seeing happy, content, well cared for animals just melts my heart and brightens my day. 

A solid proportion of what I follow on Instagram are animal accounts!  I think they’re awesome.

I feel a lot of secondhand embarrassment for Jinger about that shout out thing ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

When you pay Jinger for a "Shout out" is it public? Does everyone get to hear the message ?

Quite embarrassing if you shout out a message and have no idea of how inappropriate or what double entendre it might have. Jeremy is more wordly- will he have to vet the messages so Jinger is duped into saying something she will regret.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I'm so perplexed by the thought that Jinger thinks she is "celebrity" enough that people would pay her for a shout out. I'm even more horrified at the people who are desperate enough to pay her to do it (sincerely that is). Are the Voulos realizing how expensive California is?? 

Honestly, she's more of a celebrity than most of the people on there. It seems to be mostly a D-lister thing.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, fellowunfundie said:

According to insta, Jinger is now charging for shoutouts. $60 for a personalized birthday wish, or what have you. I'd snark but I'm kinda impressed at the ingenuity lol. Does seem like a slippery slope for Jinger, though--who has some change burning a hole in their pocket and wants to bite?

I'm shocked the Dullards didn't think of that first. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

Just who does she think she is? I doubt 3/4 of the world have even heard of the Duggars or the Vuolos. $60 for a shoutout is ridiculous but some poor person will probably fall for it. TLC not paying you enough?

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

@VelociRapture I started feeling weird about my kids and social media too. Like I didn't have any business putting things out there that I couldn't control how it was used. I ended up deleting my facebook and my instagram. Even though they were highly locked down and I didn't share much, I just started feeling icky about it and decided to take them off the internet as best I could. I have an IG I don't post on that I use just to follow for my own entertainment and I have a twitter.

Facebook for animals: back when Farmville/Castleville/whateverville was popular, I shamelessly created FB's for my cats to enable me to help myself move forward in the game. I now use my cat's login to visit FB pages (like checking reviews on a new restaurant) because it's PITA to look up things on FB without a login. 

I personally think Jinger's "pay me $60 to tell you happy birthday" is pretty gross and narcissistic. Really flips over the whole "our show is a ministry" thing. Get a real job, Jinger, and stop taking advantage of your fan base to fund the lifestyle you're choosing. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

If Jinger gets a lot of humper requests for shout-outs, charging $60 would definitely cut down on those requests, I would hope. I see it more as a time-saver for her; a way not to have to tell people she can't do it or to waste time doing it.  If someone is stupid or desperate enough to pay, then more head wraps and bows for Felicity!

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

@VelociRapture I started feeling weird about my kids and social media too. Like I didn't have any business putting things out there that I couldn't control how it was used. I ended up deleting my facebook and my instagram. Even though they were highly locked down and I didn't share much, I just started feeling icky about it and decided to take them off the internet as best I could. I have an IG I don't post on that I use just to follow for my own entertainment and I have a twitter.

Facebook for animals: back when Farmville/Castleville/whateverville was popular, I shamelessly created FB's for my cats to enable me to help myself move forward in the game. I now use my cat's login to visit FB pages (like checking reviews on a new restaurant) because it's PITA to look up things on FB without a login. 

I personally think Jinger's "pay me $60 to tell you happy birthday" is pretty gross and narcissistic. Really flips over the whole "our show is a ministry" thing. Get a real job, Jinger, and stop taking advantage of your fan base to fund the lifestyle you're choosing. 

That’s how I’m feeling too. The internet is a wonderful tool in many ways, but I just feel uncomfortable sharing much about my kids when they can’t understand or consent to it. The internet is forever and once something is out there you can’t control who uses it or sees it. 

I’m going to have to ask my sister not to share about her anymore. She is the only one who occasionally shares a photo of her, but she’s careful not to post anything embarrassing or revealing or anything. It still doesn’t feel right to me though. If husband or I want to post a photo of her with us for our profile pictures that’s fine, but otherwise we’d rather not share. 

And yeah. I 100% agree about Jinger’s $60 shout outs. But, you know, cute outfits and coffee aren’t going to pay for themselves. I’d suggest something like Jinger getting a part-time job in addition to the “influencing” stuff (one where she could work from home if childcare is a concern), but that would be too mainstream for our favorite Fundie-Hipster-Duggars. 

• Upvote 9

I'm liking that this person is not amused by JinJer doing the shout-outs. Bolding is mine.

The key point from the quote:  "...you’ve sold out..."

Call it like it is commenter, call it like it is...that's all these Duggars know how to do - sell out in the name of Jesus.

Edited by WiseGirl
editing
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

I decided to take a break from facebook, due to annoyance at vaguebooking, stupid anti-wrinkle selfies that all my 40 something girlfriends think they need to do, my monster in law stalking me and my grown kids, and also privacy issues. But can I confess it's only been three days and I feel so lost without it. I must've been on it so much more than I realized. My goal was to make it to September. We'll see if I make it.  You're idea of using a cat profile to get on is smart. Maybe I should just make a new account and try to outsmart the mil. ?

• Upvote 10

While I think paying anyone for a shout out is dumb, no one should be that special, I guess if people are willing to pay her for it then really people are enabling Jinger. 

Would a church pay a pastor more in California than in Texas? They seemed like the church in Texas paid pretty well and that church had very few congragents. California is much more expensive so I wonder how the salary would translate. 

• Upvote 3

See now I wouldn't mind it if she said she will give a shout out for a donation to [insert your favorite Christian charity here].  That would be using her Z-list celebrity status for some good.  But you never see the Duggars doing that.   Of course we don't know what they do behind the scenes,  but the only "charities" I've seen them give to are GoFundMe pages for their fellow grifters to go on praycations.  

I shouldn't give her any ideas though; she'll probably start raising money to fund their life marches. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

I think they're definitely realizing California is expensive and this is just another way to get an income stream. This whole "shoutout" thing is stupid to pay for, but if people want it, I guess it is available. 

• Upvote 5

“Happy Raptureversary, Free Jinger!” 

We can come up with $60 for that, right?

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Added explanation
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 26
  • Love 2

You can watch the videos she's sending to people. Someone with health problems paid her to pray for them. So gross. A Christian should be looking to pray for whomever they can for free. Not for $60. I hope/wish she feels ashamed of herself for taking that woman's money. I felt like throwing up after watching that. Jinger is officially now my least favorite fundie. Never would have imagined it'd be her. 

Hey Jinger, remember that time Jesus actually got angry in the Bible? You might want to refresh yourself. 

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 10
  • Love 2

Yeah that's bad.  She's officially a budding televangelist.   Shame on you Tammy Faye, I mean Jinger.   

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

You can watch the videos she's sending to people. Someone with health problems paid her to pray for them. So gross. A Christian should be looking to pray for whomever they can for free. Not for $60. I hope/wish she feels ashamed of herself for taking that woman's money. I felt like throwing up after watching that. Jinger is officially now my least favorite fundie. Never would have imagined it'd be her. 

Hey Jinger, remember that time Jesus actually got angry in the Bible? You might want to refresh yourself. 

And's she holding Felicity in the videos, which makes it even more disgusting. Don't involve your infant, who literally has no say in the matter, in your grifting.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

She learned the grifting at her father's knee- and will see nothing wrong in what she's doing.

The rest of us think different

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, ophelia said:

You probably nailed it. I can totally see her shilling even more stuff via her IG just to make ends meet. They would never admit that they actually can't afford living in CA. And when all their money is gone they'll suddenly move to AR due to a "job offer" and Jeremy will start to work for JB. 

Maybe I'm a little pessimistic. 

You just underestimate how thirsty these two are. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I am not usually tempted to stir the shit. Not advocating anyone stir the shit. Please nobody stir the shit.

I did log in to Instagram to see this nonsense.

Ugh. Jinger. I do wonder what you would do if we at FJ sent you $60.

Stick to being an influencer. You have a million followers. This is ridiculous.

• Upvote 5

I don't have an issue with doing Cameo in general...but $60...damn girl. There's a musician on there that I love that has more work credits than all the Duggars put together and he only charges $30. I don't feel comfortable doing it, but am friends with a lot of people who love him and some have done the videos as a "pick me up" for life issues that they're dealing it. I can understand that. I still keep coming back to Jinger charging that much. If it was $20 that would be fine to me. 

As for Cameo rules...I believe the person gets to decide if they want to do the message or not based on what the shoutout is, the money is only taken when they accept. I think there's also a box to check/uncheck if you want your video to remain private.

On another note I had a dream the other night that Jeremy was pastoring a church in LA...where he decided to "liven up" the place by dousing people water guns, in between readings that the Lost Girls gave by randomly popping up in the aisles. I guess thats what I get for looking things up on IG late at night and saw his suit and bowtie for Sunday church post where people were warning him he'd stick out like a sore thumb like that and be sweating profusely. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic