IGNORED

Jinjer 49: Westward Ho!

Coconut Flan

36 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Jinger is one bottle of punky colour away from having green hair. C'mon Jinge, live dangerously!

::starts chant:: Do it. DO it. DO It. DO IT! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

Is Baaabe trying to turn his paper doll into Malibu Barbie already?

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 14

One of my roommates in college once said she wanted one purple streak in her hair placed where you could only see it if she styled her hair in a certain way. She said she couldn’t do it because “my mom would kill me.” I found it a little sad that an adult woman felt like she couldn’t do what she wants with her hair. I say good for Jinger for doing what she wants. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

34 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

One of my roommates in college once said she wanted one purple streak in her hair placed where you could only see it if she styled her hair in a certain way. She said she couldn’t do it because “my mom would kill me.” I found it a little sad that an adult woman felt like she couldn’t do what she wants with her hair. I say good for Jinger for doing what she wants. 

I agree. I don't think the blonde hair looks that good on Jinger BUT good for her if she's doing what she wants.

On another note, I have looooong Pocahontas hair (dark brown, straight, shiny, healthy, thick) and while I do what I want, I only trim it a little bit to keep it healthy because my mom would kill me if I cut it although she was mad af when I cut it in a long-ish bob two years ago but since my hair grows in a hot minute, it was fine. Sometimes moms are annoying about hair, lol.

• Upvote 13
  • Confused 1

I see far less punk and far more Malibu Barbie. Welcome to SoCal Jing.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, BlondeIdol said:

Jinger and I have the same hair color now! I think Jinger’s brows are a little dark for this shade but over all, I actually like it. The cut definitely suits her. It looks good. I also like her outfit.

Good on Jinger for experimenting. I only hope Jinger and Jeremy experiment with their world views. 

I like it too, and agree she should have lightened her eyebrows as well.  She looks so much like Jessa in the 2nd photo.  

I highly doubt they will go much beyond fundy-light, Jeremy is too hateful to go full regular Conservative Christian, and Jinger will follow Jeremy because that is all she knows to do. 

• Upvote 5

What's funny is on the lily and ellie blog... they post about it and say that the girls have all experimented with their hair over the years.... really???? really???

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, karen77 said:

What's funny is on the lily and ellie blog... they post about it and say that the girls have all experimented with their hair over the years.... really???? really???

I had the exact same thought.  What experimenting have they done?  Slightly different sized curls?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I hate that I remember this, but Jana did admit to dying her hair and having it turn out really badly at one point. I think it was those older photos where her hair is crunchy and looks kind of orange. 

ETA: This looks like grown out color https://xjockalbanyny.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/jana-duggar.png

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

39 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I agree. I don't think the blonde hair looks that good on Jinger BUT good for her if she's doing what she wants.

On another note, I have looooong Pocahontas hair (dark brown, straight, shiny, healthy, thick) and while I do what I want, I only trim it a little bit to keep it healthy because my mom would kill me if I cut it although she was mad af when I cut it in a long-ish bob two years ago but since my hair grows in a hot minute, it was fine. Sometimes moms are annoying about hair, lol.

You’re mum and mine would make good friends ?

I always had really long thick curly hair, it was blonde when I was a child but has since darkened in adulthood and I just kept it dark. I love my curls however with the slightest bit of humidity the frizz sets in and it just grows and grows until I’m basically a bush with a face. So when it was humid I’d usually straighten it with a ton of product or just french plait it - cue constant comment from my mum about how she prefers my hair in the natural curl, why would I straighten or plait my hair when I have natural curls. 

So a few months ago (this is going to reach a point I swear) I decided I was cutting my hair and getting highlights. I’m a teacher and getting up in the morning, feeding the horses and feeding myself before going to work as well as having to tame my hair was just getting too much. So I got my highlights and cut my hair (think a similar length/style to Josie Bates). Long enough to still wear my natural curls if I want but short enough that I can blow dry and style without it taking literal hours! Well I HAVE NOT heard the end of it from my mother. You’d swear I’d committed murder, my hair grows fast, it’s already boob length and needs cut again but I’ve been putting it off because I am so not ready for the comments about how apparently my frizzy bush curls are so much nicer?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 7

47 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

You’re mum and mine would make good friends ?

I always had really long thick curly hair, it was blonde when I was a child but has since darkened in adulthood and I just kept it dark. I love my curls however with the slightest bit of humidity the frizz sets in and it just grows and grows until I’m basically a bush with a face. So when it was humid I’d usually straighten it with a ton of product or just french plait it - cue constant comment from my mum about how she prefers my hair in the natural curl, why would I straighten or plait my hair when I have natural curls. 

So a few months ago (this is going to reach a point I swear) I decided I was cutting my hair and getting highlights. I’m a teacher and getting up in the morning, feeding the horses and feeding myself before going to work as well as having to tame my hair was just getting too much. So I got my highlights and cut my hair (think a similar length/style to Josie Bates). Long enough to still wear my natural curls if I want but short enough that I can blow dry and style without it taking literal hours! Well I HAVE NOT heard the end of it from my mother. You’d swear I’d committed murder, my hair grows fast, it’s already boob length and needs cut again but I’ve been putting it off because I am so not ready for the comments about how apparently my frizzy bush curls are so much nicer?

LOL! They would make good friends... That's my mom right there being pressed about my new look hahaha 

Curly blonde hair sounds amazing! Wish I had curls and I bet your hair is lovely, I love Josie's look. I cut it two years ago because I was bored tired of my long hair and my mom was so mad, it eventually went away because my hair grows super fast and it's already long again.

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 2

It’s not really a thing anymore to dye your eyebrows blonde when doing highlights or double process color - most people prefer the contrast and dyed blonde eyebrows have serious upkeep and can read sort of strange or editorial looking in real life sometimes. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

I'm not a fan of it, but I love that she's experimenting with her hair. It's not something you often see with fundies, so good for her! Growing up I was never allowed to dye my hair. Now that I'm free and my own person, I'm currently rocking pink tips in my hair! 

• Upvote 14

37 minutes ago, viii said:

I'm not a fan of it, but I love that she's experimenting with her hair. It's not something you often see with fundies, so good for her! Growing up I was never allowed to dye my hair. Now that I'm free and my own person, I'm currently rocking pink tips in my hair! 

Thinking about it, I guess it's likely that Jinger has wanted to do something different to her hair for quite a while. She went for an amazing hairdo on her wedding day that was quite different from what her sisters did (open curly hair) and it suited her well. Sometimes changes in appearance take a while until you find the courage to just pull through with it.

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I see far less punk and far more Malibu Barbie. Welcome to SoCal Jing.

No kidding. My hairdresser in San Diego freaked out about cutting me a pixie, and told me I’d have to move to NorCal “where there are so many gay women, so they’re good at cutting short hair”. Funnily enough, we moved to the Bay Area a few months later, and I did get much better pixie cuts up there! 

• Haha 20

I think it looks great. As a dark brunette who miserably failed going blonde in my younger days, I can confidently say she spent a LOT of money with a talented hairstylist. Good for her.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I've wanted that streak so that work can't see it... I haven't done it yet (I don't want to bleach my hair). My stylist and I have discussed putting in an extension... just so it's there.

My mom would LOOOVE it if I cut my hair off (it's barely long enough for a pig tail right now) into a more "suitable" style. My mom has ALWAYS had short hair and can't understand why I'd even bother with longer hair (her's goes once around a curling iron... maybe). And always wished I'd pull it off my face because "you have such a pretty face".... ?

• Upvote 3

I think Jinger's hair is beautiful. Maybe her dark eyebrows look a bit odd but she is being herself. Not many fundies are allowed that privilege.  I am pleased that Jeremy is allowing his wife to have some freedom. I think a bob cut would really suit her but I doubt that will ever happen. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, karen77 said:

In the earliest episodes, there is one where one girl is giving the other a perm. And I remember hearing an interview by Michelle answering a hair question; one of them was straightening her hair. So much she couldn't tell who was who from behind. So, maybe not that many experiments(after all she mentioned how long it takes for hair to grow, when one asked why none of them donate hair to Locks of Love) but there were some. Jinger's is definitely the most bold so far. None of them have messed with hair color yet until now.

• Upvote 2

It must have been hilarious to my best friend this morning, as I was showing her around the world of Duggars and Bateseses (and QF/fundiedom in general), basically ending up in Instagram going "LOOK THEY'RE WEARING PANTS NOW CAN YOU BELIEVE IT LOOK AT THOSE BARE SHOULDERS" and then suddenly screaming "OHMYGODJIGNERDYEDHERHAIRRRR" while browsing.

She follows British royal family drama, and I'm here just... duggarin'.

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

I hope she goes ginger hair next. ?

It looks good but I wish her roots were a bit darker to blend it better. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I think it looks great. As a dark brunette who miserably failed going blonde in my younger days, I can confidently say she spent a LOT of money with a talented hairstylist. Good for her.

I have a hair appt next Saturday to go 3 or 4 shades lighter, something similar to Jinger's but darker, as I'm betting this was a 2 visit process to get her hair that light. I'm going to be at the salon for 5 hours to do this, she's is bleaching it 2 or 3 times depending on time, then cutting and coloring it. My hairs about as long as Jinger's is in the blonde photos, and I'm sure I will have some fried ends that need to be chopped, which is also why I'm betting her cut her hair, she had too, that much bleaching will destroy the ends. 

*ETA my hair is naturally 2 or 3 shades darker than Jinger's natural hair color.

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I went from a traditional-looking, long (almost to my belly button), flowy, natural brown haircut to a hip & stylish short cut with highlights and a base color as red/purple as my conservative, middle-aged clients (I am a tax accountant) could handle :text-lol:

My mom: "but...your beautiful hair!!!!!... " (little tear)

My clients: "I luuuurrrrvvvvvvv it!" There you go. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I think Jinger's hair is beautiful. Maybe her dark eyebrows look a bit odd but she is being herself. Not many fundies are allowed that privilege.  I am pleased that Jeremy is allowing his wife to have some freedom. I think a bob cut would really suit her but I doubt that will ever happen. 

I get your point, but I find the bolded portion to be a pretty sad thing to hope for to be honest. We don’t necessarily know how much Jeremy cares about her hair color, but I would hope he understands that she’s a grown ass adult who can do whatever she wants with the hair on her own head and that he’d support her choices regardless of what he might like best. I’ve been disappointed by fundies too many times before to think that’s definitely the case here (it could be), but I just find it really sad that that’s the best we can hope for for any of those young women. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic