IGNORED

Jinjer 49: Westward Ho!

Coconut Flan

34 minutes ago, onyourwayhome said:

Let me clarify, she is freer from Jim Bob. She is free from teeny tiny Arkansas Duggar Country. She is able to see more of life outside of what is familiar to her than say Joy Anna is while scrubbing cabins. I never expected any of them to completely revolt from their religion. 

Funny that she has moved away from all that is Duggar(except the $how), yet without the Duggar name she and her boy wonder are nobodies who likely would be barely getting by. 

• Upvote 20

Jeremy just used the phrase "Grateful for your passion to serve the Lord, bro!" in a post with some dude on his IG stories.

In case anyone is still conflicted on whether or not Jinger has won herself some kind of prize.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 23

Oh, I don’t think she’s actually free from patriarchal fundamentalist Christianity, but she appears to be free from the Gothard Fertility Cult that made her famous, so it’s something. More than I realistically expected a decade ago, at least. Hopefully Felicity will have the opportunity to be freer still.

• Upvote 6

I just can't get over how ridiculous Jinger looked on that red carpet. She tries so hard to be trendy, and I give her credit for really being the first one to ditch the skirts and experiment with different clothing....but that outfit is just not doing it for me. 

• Confused 3

22 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Also Jinger is not "free" of patriarachy by any means. John Piper, in particular, is one of the most toxicley patriarchal preachers that I am aware of and Jeremy is swooning over him. 

He, MacArthur and their ilk are absolute ASSHOLES. Looking at the people Jeremy quotes, idolizes and retweets...Jinger is not free. But I don’t think she wants to be. 

Calvinists are pseudo-intellectual bigoted assholes and Jeremy is in the thick of it. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, LillyP said:

I just can't get over how ridiculous Jinger looked on that red carpet. She tries so hard to be trendy, and I give her credit for really being the first one to ditch the skirts and experiment with different clothing....but that outfit is just not doing it for me. 

I thought she looked fantastic. 

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

There is a podcast called Dishing on the Duggars. I was curious.

It's two girls with horrid valley girl vocal fry and a more reserved gay male. They live in the Hollywood area. The episode I listened to concerned Jinjur's exodus to Cali.

They seem to fall into the "they wear pants and so they are more enlightened" camp of listeners.

I noped on out when one of the girls made the brilliant insight that Jinger had been spotted going into a Trader Joe's whereas before she had only been in maybe a Whole Foods.

Whole Foods is way too mainstream and bougie y'all. Trader Joe's indicates that she is expanding her horizons and worldview. ?

• Haha 24

2 hours ago, LillyP said:

When I saw it I thought Jeremy dressed them, we know he enjoys a trendy suit.

Anyway I think they look fine just not really...red carpet. And the way they’re awkwardly standing kinda far apart is also off putting, they look like a courting couple.

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 2

Jeremy's clothes are ill fitting, particularly his pants. And he can't figure out the socks/no-socks thing. Jinger looked fine, if you're a paralegal on casual Friday in the summer.

• Upvote 7
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3

I think she is certainly being exposed to more, for which I am glad, and I think one can say she is freer in the sense of having a broader set of experiences than most/all of her siblings. I agree that it doesn't change the fundamentalist beliefs at their core. I also wonder whether she is less likely to leave this "cushier" life where she has some freedoms that not all her siblings enjoy. She has a city, a stylish wardrobe, time to explore hobbies, and lots of excursions, all without having to challenge many (if any) of the beliefs with which she was raised. 

I don't know if someone is more likely to leave as they see more of the wide world (i.e. Jinger) or more likely to leave because they are having a tougher, more restricted time of it, despite seeing less diversity (i.e. one of the younger girls down the road, maybe). I've never been in that position, so I'm not one to say. And obviously, who knows anyone's private thoughts? I don't really see any of the kidult generation leaving anytime soon, though. Maybe one of their kids one day, or one of the girls who is still younger. But who knows? 

I think part of me still roots for Jinger, even though there's clearly little reason to at this point. Maybe all those eye-rolls gave me deep-set hope way back when? ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Jeremy's clothes are ill fitting, particularly his pants. And he can't figure out the socks/no-socks thing. Jinger looked fine, if you're a paralegal on casual Friday in the summer.

A lawyer bagging on paralegals.   Classy. 

5 hours ago, LillyP said:

I thought she looked fine.  It's not like it was a star-studded major movie premiere. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, WarriorJane said:

A lawyer bagging on paralegals.   Classy. 

Get a grip.

If I could dress like my paralegal and assistant on Friday I goddamn well would. But unlike them, I am expected to show up in a suit and hose by the patriarchy of an oppressive profession.

• Upvote 11
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Get a grip.

If I could dress like my paralegal and assistant on Friday I goddamn well would. But unlike them, I am expected to show up in a suit and hose by the patriarchy of an oppressive profession.

You drew a negative comparison to Jinger.  The comment was meant to be denigrating.   

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 5
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, WarriorJane said:

You drew a negative comparison to Jinger.  The comment was meant to be denigrating.   

I interpreted her comment more like that was the look she was styling, as opposed to "young woman on the town in late July at a movie premiere."

Just the first thing that happened to come to mind for AtlanticTug because she happens to see young females wearing that type of ensemble.

I agree. She does look like a young professional type, or one of her preacher wife looks from recent months.

It's nice. Not quite "LA" Give her some time and I think she may evolve that direction. It isn't really something I'd expect her to be familiar with.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

There is a podcast called Dishing on the Duggars. I was curious.

It's two girls with horrid valley girl vocal fry and a more reserved gay male. They live in the Hollywood area. The episode I listened to concerned Jinjur's exodus to Cali.

They seem to fall into the "they wear pants and so they are more enlightened" camp of listeners.

I noped on out when one of the girls made the brilliant insight that Jinger had been spotted going into a Trader Joe's whereas before she had only been in maybe a Whole Foods.

Whole Foods is way too mainstream and bougie y'all. Trader Joe's indicates that she is expanding her horizons and worldview. ?

I listen to that podcast because it's kind of fun, but they are so inaccurate on some details. It drives me crazy.

• I Agree 1

Jeremy posted a picture together with a (male) friend and both their daughters.

Someone commented about them being a gay couple. The photo and caption could look like that but unfortunately the comment is too over the top so I don't believe the poster really thought they were. I do wonder if Jeremy will delete the comment.

• Upvote 2

I see Jinger was at Intelligentsia Coffee. Starting to wonder if I might run into her when I move down there. 

• Upvote 2

My inner 12 year-old couldn’t help but snicker at her caption. I’ll see myself to the prayer closet. 

Spoiler

A3F60F58-A5A5-41A3-8632-3686E6559B74.thumb.jpeg.6d191a67e5142eafc96e9d198894798e.jpeg

• Haha 10

Wow, that is a TERRIBLE picture of Jeremy. I'd be not.at.all pleased if Mr. O posted an awful picture like that of me. Yikes.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

10 hours ago, JillyO said:

Wow, that is a TERRIBLE picture of Jeremy. I'd be not.at.all pleased if Mr. O posted an awful picture like that of me. Yikes.

It is meant to be silly judging by the caption, and I'm sure it is Jeremy approved, it looks quite staged. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Just an fyi for those that were wondering a few pages back. You ask about coersion and confirm a patient's desire to have an abortion as part of the required pregnancy options counseling and informed consent process. If a patient cannot clearly and definitvely state they themselves want the abortion then you can't legally proceed. It's asked again before the procedure just as confirmation and sometimes people do change their mind while in the procedure room. People can change their mind at any point and then you just stop as soon as safe to. It's not like they sign and are forced to continue with the abortion. The unfortunate reality is many people do terminate a pregnancy because they have an unsupportive/unwilling partner. It doesn't always mean the partner forced them there per se. Often it can mean they aren't wanting to continue a pregnancy with someone who is unwilling to coparent/assume parental responsibilities. It's hard to tease these things out but you are obligated to as part of pregnancy options counseling.

• Thank You 11
  • Love 4

It literally looks like Felicity in a suit to me. Normally I only see a faint resemblance but when he’s pulling that face, I really see it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Jeremy wants to be a famous mega preacher, everything about the Voulos is staged.  Everything.  The truth is not with them and they’ve become phoney fame whoring jerks.  They are as hateful as their beliefs.  Fuck them. 

• Upvote 17

• Coconut Flan locked this topic