IGNORED

Jinjer 49: Westward Ho!

Coconut Flan

50 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I don't have an issue with doing Cameo in general...but $60...damn girl. There's a musician on there that I love that has more work credits than all the Duggars put together and he only charges $30. I don't feel comfortable doing it, but am friends with a lot of people who love him and some have done the videos as a "pick me up" for life issues that they're dealing it. I can understand that. I still keep coming back to Jinger charging that much. If it was $20 that would be fine to me. 

As for Cameo rules...I believe the person gets to decide if they want to do the message or not based on what the shoutout is, the money is only taken when they accept. I think there's also a box to check/uncheck if you want your video to remain private.

On another note I had a dream the other night that Jeremy was pastoring a church in LA...where he decided to "liven up" the place by dousing people water guns, in between readings that the Lost Girls gave by randomly popping up in the aisles. I guess thats what I get for looking things up on IG late at night and saw his suit and bowtie for Sunday church post where people were warning him he'd stick out like a sore thumb like that and be sweating profusely. 

Yup, I think you are right that they can choose. Weirdly, someone had told me about Cameo just before Jinger hopped on it. There are definitely plenty of people on there who I'd think of as less "celebrity" than she is, charging less/more/the same. Wish I had the recognition to make $50 just for recording a shout-out ?And I assume who ever thought up this site idea is doing very well with whatever cut they take!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, pippi said:

Yup, I think you are right that they can choose. Weirdly, someone had told me about Cameo just before Jinger hopped on it. There are definitely plenty of people on there who I'd think of as less "celebrity" than she is, charging less/more/the same. Wish I had the recognition to make $50 just for recording a shout-out ?And I assume who ever thought up this site idea is doing very well with whatever cut they take!

The horror and snark potential for some of our other fundies abusing this site is mind-boggling. J-Rod and G-haw spring instantly and cringingly to mind.

INSTANT BLESSINGS Y'ALL. :puke-front:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

“Happy Raptureversary, Free Jinger!” 

We can come up with $60 for that, right?

This would be so so wonderful and awesome! 

Edited by ophelia
  • Upvote 4

18 hours ago, lizzybee said:

You can watch the videos she's sending to people. Someone with health problems paid her to pray for them. So gross. A Christian should be looking to pray for whomever they can for free. Not for $60. I hope/wish she feels ashamed of herself for taking that woman's money. I felt like throwing up after watching that.

Agreed; this is where it really goes off the rails for me. You want to be a "fundie celebrity" and charge for "shout-outs"... it's crass and tacky, but whatever. But taking money to pray for someone? I was a Christian long enough to call that what it is: You're damaging your witness, and you're not representing Christianity any more. Is this what you want people to think the Gospel is?

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3

It must be OK with her headship, so that says something about Jeremy, too.

• Upvote 15

Letting someone pay you to pray for them strikes me as incredibly hypocritical and inconsistent for Calvinists. One of the main complaints of the Reformation was the sale of indulgences. Paying someone to pray for you isn't exactly the same, but it's just as sketchy. I'm surprised Pastor Books gave the green light on that one.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Letting someone pay you to pray for them strikes me as incredibly hypocritical and inconsistent for Calvinists. One of the main complaints of the Reformation was the sale of indulgences. Paying someone to pray for you isn't exactly the same, but it's just as sketchy. I'm surprised Pastor Books gave the green light on that one.

I was going to say this is like the medieval Catholic Church, where priests would go around with collection cans and when a person threw in a coin and it clanged was told that was the soul of their mother/uncle/brother/etc escaping from purgatory

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1

I didn't know paying someone for a 'shout out' was a thing people did.

That said... I'm totally thinking about coughing up $60 for Jinger to do a shout-out to "The next President of the United States, Kamala Harris".   Or - "One of the best candidates running right now, Pete Buttigieg."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19

So, Jing and company had an earthquake?  Not to make light any casualties and damages, but I wonder if feeling this earthquake is going to send them scurrying back to Arkansas?

Again, my prayers are truly with anyone that has been affected by the quake 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, xlurker said:

So, Jing and company had an earthquake?  Not to make light any casualties and damages, but I wonder if feeling this earthquake is going to send them scurrying back to Arkansas?

Again, my prayers are truly with anyone that has been affected by the quake 

Jeremy went live on Instagram after it happened to say that they had been out for a walk or jog at the time and their neighbours told them about it after they got back. They didn't feel anything, but the fig tree in their yard was knocked down.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

I wasnt sure if it could be felt in LA, and had the thought that if they did feel it Jing could be pretty shook up.  Again, I didn't intend to sound cold about a disaster. ?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, xlurker said:

I wasnt sure if it could be felt in LA, and had the thought that if they did feel it Jing could be pretty shook up.  Again, I didn't intend to sound cold about a disaster. ?

Oh, you didn't at all! I'd just happened to catch Jeremy's live video when it was on Instagram, so It thought I'd pipe up with the info. :) I guess in Arkansas they had tornadoes, in Laredo they had... heat waves? And now they've got earthquakes. Not sure what I'd rather have between tornadoes and earthquakes, to be honest!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Oh, you didn't at all! I'd just happened to catch Jeremy's live video when it was on Instagram, so It thought I'd pipe up with the info. :) I guess in Arkansas they had tornadoes, in Laredo they had... heat waves? And now they've got earthquakes. Not sure what I'd rather have between tornadoes and earthquakes, to be honest!

As someone who grew up in the Midwest and lived in japan for 4 years...

I’d prefer earthquakes. 

As long as I’m in a place designed to withstand them

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I had seen the picture of the poor, departed fig tree earlier this evening.  DH had the national news on this evening, and the lead story was the earthquake and the damage some areas had.  I was a little miffed they did not mention JinJer's fig tree.  Wasn't that important?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

The crap I admit to on FJ. 

So I know some people who do Cameo. They don’t get a lot of jobs from it though and they are probably better known than Jinger. 

I was watching the Big Brother live feeds when the earthquake hit. It barely shook the cameras. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/4/2019 at 1:35 AM, Bobology said:

If Jinger gets a lot of humper requests for shout-outs, charging $60 would definitely cut down on those requests, I would hope. I see it more as a time-saver for her; a way not to have to tell people she can't do it or to waste time doing it.  If someone is stupid or desperate enough to pay, then more head wraps and bows for Felicity!

is that the standard price or can you set your own price?

• Upvote 3

Apparently the earthquake was felt all the way up here in the mountains (maintains acc to Bro Gary). I was asleep. 

The first earthquake I remember was close to the time my sister turned 1. I woke up and thought my dad was shaking the bed and I remember our dog barking like crazy at the waves in our in ground pool. I lived in Mississippi while growing up and the tornadoes there scared me so badly that I welcome earthquakes. Construction here in California has improved so much that I feel safe in most buildings here now. Tornadoes are no joke.

I still clearly remember the Northridge earthquake, 1994. I had been reading a book about an earthquake as I went to sleep, I woke up to my mini blinds hitting the sides of my window and of the water sloshing out of my goldfish tank (the fish were OK.)

• Upvote 8

Jinger taking the "prosperity gospel" a bit too literally?

Ok terrible joke, I'll see myself out ?

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

That might not be the first earthquake Jinger has felt! Arkansas has had a few, like this one. I was a little annoyed because I seemed to be the only one who never noticed that earthquake.

• Thank You 2

The latest pics at the soccer game...can it get worse with the bow on Feliciry’s head? Have we hit rock bottom yet?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, KnitGirl said:

I had seen the picture of the poor, departed fig tree earlier this evening.  DH had the national news on this evening, and the lead story was the earthquake and the damage some areas had.  I was a little miffed they did not mention JinJer's fig tree.  Wasn't that important?

Jinjer's fig tree may have just been so extremely traumatic that the national news didn't want to bring it up. I mean, why upset more people than they need to?! ;) 

• Haha 9

19 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

The latest pics at the soccer game...can it get worse with the bow on Feliciry’s head? Have we hit rock bottom yet?

when it comes to bows though..

Spoiler

5cc7687eb9809ec3_tumblr_mjjtlr2dd01s89mq

• Haha 6

I know about cameo - because roughly a year ago all sorts of former US Big Brother contestants signed up and started charging people for this thing so I kinda feel like this is a been there, seen that event for me.  It's not the z list reality folks that make me scratch my head on this - it is the folks that would actually pay for this stuff.

• Upvote 4

The quake only registered as 4.2 in L.A.. (Yeah, yeah, "only". I also remember Northridge). We were also in range to feel it, but I was moving around a lot cleaning and didn't notice. Some of my kids did, and our blinds started swaying. I have friends in the epicenter area and Jinger's fig tree is the least of anyone's worries, besides having to evacuate the local hospital, gas leaks, fires, and mobile homes off their foundations, the library is a mess! The stores, too, but the book lover in me wants to go reshelve all the books in the aisles. https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.com/2019/07/04/ridgecrest-library-seeks-volunteers-to-clean-up-book-chaos-left-by-major-earthquake/amp/

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I sincerely hope no FJer pays Jinger for a shoutout. No matter what you get her to say, you are only validating her lifestyle choices.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic