IGNORED

Jinjer 49: Westward Ho!

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, justoneoftwo said:

My family took pictures at funerals for my grandparents. Honestly we don't all get together very often and they would have wanted the pictures of all the cousins that never happened otherwise

We did the same thing at my grandparents funerals, since frankly that is the only time you would see all 10 of us cousins in the same place.  Although it's not something I would do, I would consider posting them on social media for other friends/family 'normal'.  

But the Duggars don't post pics for people in their own social circle...they post pics for the express purpose of exposing them to strangers and social media followers, knowing that online publications will also run them.  That doesn't seem very 'godly' to me, since it's all about monetizing their 'faith'.

• Upvote 6

At my Dad’s funeral, I took pictures of all the flower arrangements with the cards so we could write up the thank you notes. It felt weird doing that but it seemed the best way to record. We donated most of the flowers to the local nursing home. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

My great-grandfather took a couple pictures at his wife's funeral and for his daughter. I thought it was really weird and still do but my mom said it used to be very common. We haven't carried on the tradition which I'm glad. It makes me uncomfortable and funerals are hard enough without having someone in my face taking pictures, worrying if someone was taking pictures of me crying or breaking down or taking pictures of my mother or her casket.  On the news they often show funerals of fallen police officers, firemen/women, victims of crimes I feel for the poor family mourning their loss, crying and breaking down with cameras around. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Many of the funerals I've been to have included photos. One had a professional photographer (and I can see why- it was a tragic but beautiful funeral for a friend who died suddenly when we were teens). My family takes group photos after funerals normally.  They're solemn, but everyone is dressed well and together, and we generally WANT to be there. That's not to say that we want the circumstances, but we want to pay respects. So, that's not weird to me.

Too many cell phones out staring at everything would weird me out a bit though. I don't like that at weddings or anything either though. 

• Upvote 12

In the funeral video Jill posted on Instagram where the whole family is singing on stage, you can see Jinger with a noticable bump. Looks like Baby Vuolo No 2 is on the way. People on tumblr are talking about it (I usually don't partake in pregnancy speculation/body scrutiny, but that's definitely a baby bump.)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

38 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

In the funeral video Jill posted on Instagram where the whole family is singing on stage, you can see Jinger with a noticable bump. Looks like Baby Vuolo No 2 is on the way. People on tumblr are talking about it (I usually don't partake in pregnancy speculation/body scrutiny, but that's definitely a baby bump.)

Ha I just posted in the Jabbie thread that the media is speculating they are pregnant as Jessa said something about babies due in both fall and winter on insta but then I watched the video and I completely agree its Jinger...

Edited by HurricaneBells
Fat fingers...

46 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

Ha I just posted in the Jabbie thread that the media is speculating they are pregnant as Jessa said something about babies due in both fall and winter on insta but then I watched the video and I completely agree its Jinger...

So the IG photo of skinny blond Jinger was a fake out...definitely taken much earlier than it was posted.  That’s not a little bump, and she’s brunette again...

ETA: I see what you did there, Jinj! She posted the blond pic on a Thursday...

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex

11 minutes ago, meee said:

Where's this video?

On Jill insta, you have to swipe left since I think is the last of a group of photos from the funeral ceremony 

• Thank You 2

The (possibly) pregnant female with brown hair looks like Lauren to me... ?? but it's also poor video quality and so far away that I can only identify a few of them clearly. I was also distracted by Joy(?) constantly taking Austin's hand and putting it on her belly. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

@Casserole I look at the male/husband the one near the brunette is Jeremy, you could easily distinguish him from the others, so the female next to him is Jinger, and she look pregnant from that video, but I guess we will know better in a couple of weeks 

Also I have rewatch some of the photos from early pregnancy with Felicity, and her face lately seems fuller, very similar to that time. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Casserole said:

The (possibly) pregnant female with brown hair looks like Lauren to me... ?? but it's also poor video quality and so far away that I can only identify a few of them clearly. I was also distracted by Joy(?) constantly taking Austin's hand and putting it on her belly. 

I thought it was Amy? Hard to tell from that video. Jinger maybe playing the piano and not visible in this video. Would explain Jeremy standing alone. 

Edited by justmy2cents

How about we skip the whole “IS SHE PREGNANT BASED OFF ONE GRAINY VIDEO WHERE SHE MIGHT HAVE A BUMP THAT IS POSSIBLY A GESTATING CHILD AND POSSIBLY A GESTATING BURRITO” and just say we did?

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

How about we skip the whole “IS SHE PREGNANT BASED OFF ONE GRAINY VIDEO WHERE SHE MIGHT HAVE A BUMP THAT IS POSSIBLY A GESTATING CHILD AND POSSIBLY A GESTATING BURRITO” and just say we did?

Video of a funeral no less.  Let's have some class, FJ.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

I agree, there are numerous explanations for who stands besides who, just let it go. Plus Jinger is a blonde now. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I agree, there are numerous explanations for who stands besides who, just let it go. Plus Jinger is a blonde now. 

She posted a pic taken at TTH with Boobchelle yesterday...she’s not blond anymore.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

She posted a pic taken at TTH with Boobchelle yesterday...she’s not blond anymore.

I wouldn’t say she’s not blonde anymore, we can’t see the bottom of her hair in that photo, her hair was blonde balayage so darkerish at the roots anyway, so it’s possible if it’s grown out a bit that with her hair pulled back you wouldn’t notice that she’s blonde unless you seen the bottom of it 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Jeremy posted a photo of them with her parents in Arkansas. The ends are clearly still blonde in it. Not that it matters either way as this discussion isn’t really necessary. The speculation is being based solely off a very grainy video taken from a distance at a funeral for a family member she loved. I find this whole discussion unnecessary.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

I hate myself for doing this, but here I am unable to help myself.

First, Jinger has had that dress she's wearing a long time, she's wearing it as far back as 96ws ago on instagram. Second, there's a full body picture of her in a pink dress and a hat clearly taken recently with her parents and Felicity (blonde hair included). If that's her in the video, and I agree that's her, I think it's her arm placement that's making it look this way. 

• Upvote 4

Right? For all the  who laminating and gnashing  of teeth when yet another Duggar is actually pregnant there seems to be a lot of people enthusiastically and actively  looking for (nonexistent) signs in places and times they really should not be.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

15 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

My family took pictures at funerals for my grandparents. Honestly we don't all get together very often and they would have wanted the pictures of all the cousins that never happened otherwise

That isn't weird at all, I think the pictures is OF the funeral and of the body, that I don't get. I guess with this like everything, everyone is different, but I wouldn't want pictures of my dead loved one, I'd rather enjoy the happy ones.  When my Uncle died many years ago there were lots of photos taken at the gathering AFTER the funeral, but I didn't see a single camera during the visitation or mass.  The only exception I've seen to this is at the funeral of my cousin who was a firefighter, that died in a car accident, there were a few press cameras there, but they were VERY discreet and stayed out of the way. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Thank you.

i wish your truth screaming would be heard, but on this topic it’s like shouting into the void.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Right? For all the  who laminating and gnashing  of teeth when yet another Duggar is actually pregnant there seems to be a lot of people enthusiastically and actively  looking for (nonexistent) signs in places and times they really should not be.  

I'm hanging my head in shame I saw the pic of Jing and Michelle and thought, Jinger's face looked that early pregnant puffy, then I slapped myself and said maybe its puffy from crying so just shut up. Yeah, not the time or place to go spot the next fundy bump. 

• Upvote 17

I sometimes wish we had a no pregnancy speculation rule like some other forums do but realize we are usually good  at policing ourselves and reigning in WTF stuff in and considering the people we discuss reasonable guesses and speculating is warranted. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic