• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
MayMay1123

The worst of JillRod, or her 229 damnations

onekidanddone

My daughter is going to need jaw surgery with in the next year, so I'd like this please. And make sure you convert it from manual to automatic. Oh and while your at it, I need a new stand mixer to match.

tlc.jpg.2313a6e4aecc595d86ad54c20915dfcb.jpg 

I will also add this model is the FJ40 so yea it is the official vehicle of Rufus’s Kingdom. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

DangerNoodle

There's one thing from the modesty videos I don't think we ever talked about (sorry if I actually overlooked it.)

There's a part where Jill says something like her girls have "the body type the world admires the most."

Is it though? When I look at what's trending on social media I see a lot of booties and boobs on women that have some meat on their bones. And the word thicc gets thrown out there plenty.  Kendall Jenner and Chrissy Teigen are two of the most popular women instagrammers- they are slender I'll give Jill that. But there's an untold amount of other popular Instagram models that don't have her the same body type as her daughter. I don't know that there is one body type that's most popular these days. 

OhNoNike
1 hour ago, DangerNoodle said:

There's one thing from the modesty videos I don't think we ever talked about (sorry if I actually overlooked it.)

There's a part where Jill says something like her girls have "the body type the world admires the most."

Is it though? When I look at what's trending on social media I see a lot of booties and boobs on women that have some meat on their bones. And the word thicc gets thrown out there plenty.  Kendall Jenner and Chrissy Teigen are two of the most popular women instagrammers- they are slender I'll give Jill that. But there's an untold amount of other popular Instagram models that don't have her the same body type as her daughter. I don't know that there is one body type that's most popular these days. 

Well Jill is generally out of touch from the real world. 

I would say everyone has different tastes and to say that’s what the world wants the most is completely wrong.  It’s not even fair to say America admires that the most - there are so many tastes. 

Walking Cat Bed

Oh, we're doing Pamper FJites?

I'm moving across town in a month and a half and will need a chair and table for the patio, paid movers, a spa day, Sephora Money, and a complete set of GOOD pots and pans.

(Seriously -- I'm saving for the movers, because it's a third-floor unit without an elevator.)

Spent
ViolaSebastian
1 hour ago, DangerNoodle said:

I think this reflects Jill's stuck-in-90s-style. Very thin, waifish bodies were all the rage back then. Now it seems like having more curves is the way to go, but of course she hasn't caught up with trends over the last twenty-five years.

...as a side note, it's gross that preferred body types go in and out of fashion. It's happened since forever, but it's still ugh.

Aggravated
pamplemousse
8 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Granddaughter #1 will be there next month and part of July for a summer session at Carnegie Mellon university.  Are you familiar with the city? I worry...a lot!

I've ridden through there a couple of times on the Greyhound, but I've never spent time there otherwise.  So, no, I am not familiar with it, other than that I know it's hilly and the view of downtown you get when you come out of the tunnel leading from the airport is stunning.  I hope your granddaughter enjoys her summer session and gets a lot out of it!

Wine time!
ophelia

I've never followed JRod too closely, mostly because I can never keep up with the threads here on FJ.

Reading this list (a big THANK YOU, BTW!!!) made me sick. The Henry funeral incident was completely new to me and the funeral for her sister as well. This is beyond disgusting. What I don't get is why they aren't called out for their behavior more often?! IIRC correctly Amy and Jill are still in contact and I can't wrap my mind around that.

lizzybee

I am about 6000 times more like to actually donate to these funds to help you get chocolate, patio furniture, and cars than I would to ever help Jill. Scratch that, 10,000 times. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

nausicaa
1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

I am about 6000 times more like to actually donate to these funds to help you get chocolate, patio furniture, and cars than I would to ever help Jill. Scratch that, 10,000 times. 

I would buy my least liked FJ poster a freaking KitchenAid mixer before I would give Jill a dollar. 

Spent
Cat Damon
14 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

(Seriously -- I'm saving for the movers, because it's a third-floor unit without an elevator.)

I just moved from a third floor unit with no elevator, and if I hadn't paid for movers I probably would have just left all my belongings behind. Nothing has ever been more worth the money for me!

jjmennonite

I’m officially never going to move furniture again. I’m 61, and in reasonable shape and helped my daughter move, a year ago. It was truly horrible, complete with bruises and soreness, and icy sidewalks.  Then my sister was helping her daughter move and slipped on the ice and broke her ankle, requiring surgery and pins. I will help you pack boxes, clean, and pay the movers, thanks. Fortunately I can afford that. 

I’m rather traumatized by the non arrival of warm weather, so I’m throwing a pamper me shower. I would like a . . . . . Not coming up with anything here. I have moved 5 times in the last 5 years and have become a non consumer, trying to get rid of stuff I already have. No unmet material needs here. But, if you insist on participating in my shower, maybe a ticket to Portugal, and money for a dog sitter. Thanks. Or just send money, and trust Rufus to lead me in spending the money. Thanks again. 

My SEVERELY well educated in mom’s preferences daughter (bad use of adjective phrase, in honour of SOTDRT) got me coffee beans and wine for my birthday, and a pot of flowers for the deck, for mother’s day, and bought us dinner. 

Like Jill, I have a SEVERELY favourite daughter. However, I only have one child. 

EmmieJ
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, IrishCarrie said:

I found out today that I have to have knee surgery 😭😭😭 (true story - torn cartilage).

I put a laughing emoji to your post, but not about your need for knee surgery!  Sorry about that, but I'm still not going to get you expensive perfume or a KitchenAid mixer.

ETA:  If we're having pamper FJer showers, I'd like Amazon gift cards please.  And a lovely cottage somewhere in the English country side.  Or somewhere in the U.S. that looks just like the English countryside.  Or really, just about anywhere that isn't hotter than hell.

Edited by EmmieJ

Giddy
FluffySnowball
17 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Well Jill is generally out of touch from the real world. 

I would say everyone has different tastes and to say that’s what the world wants the most is completely wrong.  It’s not even fair to say America admires that the most - there are so many tastes. 

Aside from being out of touch from the real world, I wonder if Jill’s perspective is very much shaped by her black and white way of thinking. Sure, she’s proud of her daughter’s bodies (feels weird to write this but that’s how it appears to be) and wants to draw attention to their slim figures in a way that still allows her to claim she’s being “modest” while at the same time advertising them as suitable marriage material.

But her particular wording shows she isn’t aware of the fact people appreciate beauty in many different shapes and sizes. There’s so much possibility, so much choice, so many options... some look great when they’re slim, others need some curves to look their best. Some are most attracted to chubby people, others aren’t. That’s all ok (as long as people are healthy and happy, of course)! Yet Jill fails to recognize that, she’s blind to the beauty of freedom and variety and the joy that comes from listening to oneself when it comes to what’s best.  

Edited by FluffySnowball

Starrynight
5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I would buy my least liked FJ poster a freaking KitchenAid mixer before I would give Jill a dollar. 

Is it Me??? Can it be me???

😉🤣

nausicaa
8 minutes ago, Starrynight said:

Is it Me??? Can it be me???

😉🤣

Alas, no! Come to think of it, I don't think any of the posters on the JRod threads even enter my bottom 25% of FJ posters. There's a couple Duggar posters who might be in the running for a KitchenAid though...

HarleyQuinn

Okay, I can't let this Henry thing go. How did she even know these people? Were they just from the same town? Please tell me someone kicked them out of the funeral and/or went off online about it?

zeebaneighba
20 hours ago, DangerNoodle said:

I think that is a veiled way of saying they are not overweight. Which is an understatement.

nausicaa
1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Okay, I can't let this Henry thing go. How did she even know these people? Were they just from the same town? Please tell me someone kicked them out of the funeral and/or went off online about it?

She didn't know them. She had never met the mother in her entire life. They aren't from the same town. They aren't even from the same state. 

She learned about it because a Kentucky trailer fire that kills three small children was big news in mid-Appalachia. A lot of GoFundMe accounts and fundraisers were set up since it was so tragic. 

I don't know what happens next, but presumably the obituary gets published with the funeral information, and Jill being Jill...

Only Jill Rodrigues could invent "baby funeral crashing." 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

koalawatch
23 hours ago, DangerNoodle said:

Jill and I are the same age.  In high school and college, I was built very similar to her girls (5'6, between 95 and 105 pounds) and all of my guy friends told me that it would be hard for me to find someone to really date me because I looked like if they touched me I would snap.  My guy friends weren't being nice, just explaining as kindly as possible that I looked sickly and it was concerning to any guy that was attracted to me.  I also got asked often (usually by guys) if I was anorexic and if I threw up after I ate.   Being so thin one looks thin has not been attractive to any guy I know in real life just based off looks.

My theory has always been that the twins got more attention than Jill and instead of realizing it was because they were twins and maybe more soft-spoken, she assumed it was because they were thinner than her.  So, in her mind thin=more attractive.  My theory is also that is why she started the whole wear skirts and "modest" clothing because it would then cover up the twins shape.  But, she also looks like she's got a bigger chest than the twins and we all know a guy can't control himself when it comes to breasts so she chose to accentuate those with the tight shirts.  (Again, all just theory)

HarleyQuinn
3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

She didn't know them. She had never met the mother in her entire life. They aren't from the same town. They aren't even from the same state. 

She learned about it because a Kentucky trailer fire that kills three small children was big news in mid-Appalachia. A lot of GoFundMe accounts and fundraisers were set up since it was so tragic. 

I don't know what happens next, but presumably the obituary gets published with the funeral information, and Jill being Jill...

Only Jill Rodrigues could invent "baby funeral crashing." 

I'm confused at how she didn't get thrown out? If I were a family member even my quiet ass would be threatening them with security.

Walking Cat Bed
7 hours ago, jjmennonite said:

I’m rather traumatized by the non arrival of warm weather, so I’m throwing a pamper me shower.

Southwest US?

koalawatch
2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm confused at how she didn't get thrown out? If I were a family member even my quiet ass would be threatening them with security.

It was a huge funeral, with news and I'm assuming so many strangers that they weren't wanting to draw any negative attention and who really knows who she told the mom she was (I can imagine her dropping "famous" names like Duggar/Bates/Pearls depending on the mom's beliefs).  Plus, it seemed as if the mom very much believes in the "put a smile on your face and pretend everything is okay."  
The dad in the picture posted looked like he was trying to figure out if he could toss them out himself. The funeral was when I first really started following the family

Meh
Dandruff
On 5/21/2019 at 4:14 PM, catlady said:

in a way, she certainly did:  by refusing to provide her kids with weather-appropriate footwear in correct sizes.  she's posted at least a few photos showing the pre-schoolers in sandals that are visibly too large, and the older girls in sandals where their toes hang over the front edges.  who knows how well/badly their closed-toe shoes fit.....

I suspect those photos are ads for other people to provide $$s.

Sad
Carol

I am requesting a PamperMe(Carol) Shower.  Next week I am making a life altering decision(seriously) and I need all the help I can get.

I need...

-World Peace

-A cure for Cancer

-An end to Patriarchy

-Safe, legal abortion everywhere

-Healthcare for everyone

-End to racism

-Long legs

-No bunions

quiversR4hunting

I need a pamper me party today! My cramps are really, really bad today and I would rather be at home laying on my comfortable bed on a heating pad but instead I have to be at work sitting in my uncomfortable desk chair with a rice bag on my lumbar. So I need a pamper-me party!

1. Someone to pay for my middle daughter's camp

2. Someone to pay for my eldest daughter's driver's ed classes

3. pay for braces for me (my teeth have shifted and I have been getting a couple sores in my mouth because of it) and my 2 daughters who are already in orthodontia (which is why I am not getting braces/retainer, at this time). 

4. Oh and 12 months off of paid leave so I can find a way better job but not keep going into my current job.