IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

Wow, he holds his own baby! 

Almost every guy I know 'wears' the baby routinely when the family is out and about. If there's a heavier toddler in the mix, they will carry the toddler instead, or possibly wear the baby and carry the toddler if several kids are involved. It's not a big deal, it's certainly not self-sacrificial for heaven's sake.

Is it really so rare for a fundie dad to do the bare minimum of parenting? I have quite a few fundie dads in my broader circle, and I can't think of anyone of them who would think this was a big deal. 

• Upvote 15

My husband wore our babies 95% of the time. I hated wearing my kids. He insisted on wearing our toddler on his back when he dressed as Yoda for Halloween. Because he wanted to live out a Luke Skywalker fantasy. Nerd alert. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 6

Yes Braggie has spent 1000s of hours around her children.

She has not spent 1000s of hours with them, engaged with them.

There is a huuuuuuge difference.

Edited to add:  Wow. If Shaun holds his own baby, I'll bet on occasion he's even "babysat" his own children. What a guy.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 15

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband wore our babies 95% of the time. I hated wearing my kids. He insisted on wearing our toddler on his back when he dressed as Yoda for Halloween. Because he wanted to live out a Luke Skywalker fantasy. Nerd alert. 

95% of the time?! By Abbie's standards your husband should be canonized as a living saint. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

95% of the time?! By Abbie's standards your husband should be canonized as a living saint. 

Lol, no I mean out of my husband and I babywearing, I was 5% and he was 95%. But he didn’t babywear a lot. Mostly the first 6 months when they were fussy for no reason. Later on, he mostly just did it when we were out and about and strollers weren’t possible. I prefer strollers. I love to push my baby away from me (that’s a reference from a movie). 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sounds like you have an amazing husband! I LOVE the Halloween costume. This must have been so cute. Totally my kind of nerdy stuff.

• Upvote 4

9 pets?  Where?  None of them are EVER in her pictures.  I'm guessing that's because she probably can't stand them.  Haven't seen the dog since she passed the adorably tiny puppy stage.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

That is weird. She’s all fancified and Shaun is sitting there in his Saturday T-shirt and jorts. Placing Shiloh on the bed screams ‘we had sex and look what we made!’.  Or maybe she had Ezra take the pic and he had to put Shiloh down somewhere.

And who wears a hat in the house!?!

• Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

9 pets?  Where?  None of them are EVER in her pictures.  I'm guessing that's because she probably can't stand them.  Haven't seen the dog since she passed the adorably tiny puppy stage.

I’m pretty sure they have two chameleons. They might have some other animals like that. Animals that mostly stay in aquariums and cages. Or they might have a bunch of outdoor cats that mostly care for themselves. Cats seem to fair best in huge fundie families. Since they can mostly take care of themselves. 

• Upvote 5

Yeah.  It just strikes me as odd that they have that many, because Abbie does NOT seem like a pet-type person.  I'm sure they (the pets) get plenty of attention from the kids, thankfully.  

As I am not well-versed in the world of trendy shopping, I just went and checked out Anthropologie's website.  I get the appeal - I am a big fan of boho/world travel-type decor as well.  That being said, when that mood strikes, I'd rather shop with a fair-trade store like SERRV or Marketplace India, or deal with individual artisans on Etsy, rather than give my money to a store that doesn't need it.  With Abbie, I'm fairly certain that probably more than half the reason she shops there is so she can SAY she shops there.

ETA: you were right about the cats.  I went back to the post when they got the dog, and Braggie says they have eight cats.  Granted I don't look closely at every photo, but I don't remember EVER seeing A cat, let alone eight.  I'm guessing they live outside.

Edited by danvillebelle
more
  • Upvote 7

If one of the cats shows up in a picture soon, I am going to LMAO because it will prove without a doubt she's reading here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

As I am not well-versed in the world of trendy shopping, I just went and checked out Anthropologie's website.  I get the appeal - I am a big fan of boho/world travel-type decor as well.  That being said, when that mood strikes, I'd rather shop with a fair-trade store like SERRV or Marketplace India, or deal with individual artisans on Etsy, rather than give my money to a store that doesn't need it.  With Abbie, I'm fairly certain that probably more than half the reason she shops there is so she can SAY she shops there

Shopping at smaller stores or buying directly from an artist is the way to go. I used to work for an importer and we went to a lot of high end home decor shows. One catch phrase in the industry is "perceived value". Anthropolgie excels at this concept. I've seen things in their store that were 10+ times the wholesale price which amounts to pure greed on their part. They mix the low end with higher end pieces for a collection and charge exorbitant amounts for all of it. I can't bring myself to spend 60 bucks on something when I can buy the same exact thing from an Indian store for 10 without the proprietary branding. I'm not saying that everything in their stores is this way but they do engage in pricing practices meant to gouge the shopper. I can't support that. Gump's of San Francisco is another high end retailer that is notorious for this. 

• Upvote 7

Abbie’s 8 cats live outside. The only thing they do for them is buy them a bag of cat food. As an animal lover, I hope she at the very least TNR’d them (trap neuter return) otherwise if they keep breeding, it will mean more cats die suffering and alone outside.

Edit: If Braggie didn’t TNR them, I’m definitely positive she could raise money for it among her followers by asking them to donate to a GoFundMe to TNR her 8 outside cats. I don’t like her at all but I care about cats.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Why would you have a cat to let it live outside? Lil sis is stretched out on the couch with her head in the fuzzy blanket. Big stoopid is at the top of the cat tree, lazily keeping an eye on the birds outside. 

I have a friend who takes care of a feral colony and the kitties are not much for inside...but they're all ear tipped, neutered and mostly stay in the yard. They have a bunch of toys, places to get out of the heat and cold (yes, it gets chilly here), and tons of attention to the ones who decide that humans are cool. Regular meals and cool water to drink available all the time. I doubt Abbie's outdoor cats even get that. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

I’m sitting on the lounge with one of my cats on my lap as I type this. I scrolled through Abbie’s Instagram to see if I could spot a cat anywhere in the background but gave up around January. I did see a chameleon and a beagle. And about 10 000 pictures of her and her children lined up in front of doors, with one of the older two boys holding the baby. She’s not very original, is she?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Ha! I started reading this thread and I heard a weird noise. It took me a minute to realize it was one of our cats snoring, in the bed covers. ? 

• Haha 10
  • Love 8

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Why would you have a cat to let it live outside? Lil sis is stretched out on the couch with her head in the fuzzy blanket. Big stoopid is at the top of the cat tree, lazily keeping an eye on the birds outside. 

I have a friend who takes care of a feral colony and the kitties are not much for inside...but they're all ear tipped, neutered and mostly stay in the yard. They have a bunch of toys, places to get out of the heat and cold (yes, it gets chilly here), and tons of attention to the ones who decide that humans are cool. Regular meals and cool water to drink available all the time. I doubt Abbie's outdoor cats even get that. 

In the United States alone, outdoor cats kill approximately 2.4 billion birds every year.

https://abcbirds.org/program/cats-indoors/cats-and-birds/

Add 650 million reptiles to that.

• Upvote 7

@feministxtian, a friend of mine rescues feral cats. She makes sure they’re healthy, vaccinated, and spayed or neutered. Despite her best efforts, some of them refuse to live indoors.

• Upvote 7

Abbie treats her cats like she treats her kids-- quantity is more important than the quality of life they have.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to give my two incredibly spoiled cats some treats and scritches before I leave for the day.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Braggie:  "And now, for a break from this Instagram that is exclusively about ME, MY decorating, MY outfits, MY pregnancy woes, MY shopping, MY DIY house skills...here are 8 things about ME!" :dead-horse:

Every time she cutesifies a word by shortening it (rad, anni), - to use a favorite phrase of my grandmother's, it makes my head come to a point.  STAHP.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Hane said:

@feministxtian, a friend of mine rescues feral cats. She makes sure they’re healthy, vaccinated, and spayed or neutered. Despite her best efforts, some of them refuse to live indoors.

A couple of local shelters have programs where cats too feral to be adopted as pets are given to farms as barn cats.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

I like how her one fact about her kids was about how much they ruined her legs.

Here's a thought Abbie. If you dislike pregnancy so much, why not stop getting pregnant? 

• Upvote 16

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie:  "And now, for a break from this Instagram that is exclusively about ME, MY decorating, MY outfits, MY pregnancy woes, MY shopping, MY DIY house skills...here are 8 things about ME!" :dead-horse:

And she's still wearing the stupid hat. Once she made up her mind to plunk it on her head it hasn't come off. Maybe it's stuck. She did say she has a a big head, maybe she can't get it off and has to sleep with it on.

Abbie: "So it's been a long time since I've done any kind of introduction"

For the record Abbie just did an "about me" type post on May 18th. 

• Haha 13

4 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

For the record Abbie just did an "about me" type post on May 18th. 

Well, when you're a narcissist and you aren't getting enough attention, I'm sure a couple of weeks seems like an eternity.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic