IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

And of course she can't resist getting in that little dig, even on his birthday post: 'He's not perfect, of course, blah blah blah'.

She reminds me so much of my mother.  Who now lives alone, has no friends, is estranged from her siblings, and has four children that do love her, but keep her at arm's length.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Braggie is very stupid to post naked pictures of her kids on the internet. Many YouTube accounts have had their comments disabled for simply featuring children... YouTube is doing it because of their recent scandal with child predators watching the videos.

People can do what they want but naked pictures of children do not belong on the internet.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 13

11 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

People can do what they want but naked pictures of children do not belong on the internet.

I tried to find the blog post, but back in the day, a woman FJ followed named Tonya Ferguson wrote up this blog post telling this nightmare scenario story that her family went through: one day, Tanya gets contacted by the freakin' FBI. Apparently an innocent photo of her 10/11 year old daughter was getting passed around on a forum for pedophiles. IIRC, the photo was of her daughter, fully clothed, sitting on her daybed with a stuffed animal. I believe they'd recently redone her bedroom and she was showing it off. In any case, this is what can happen with a photo of an entirely clothed child--why in the world would people take the risk of putting a photo of a child in the nude out there??

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 12

6 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

And of course she can't resist getting in that little dig, even on his birthday post: 'He's not perfect, of course, blah blah blah'.

She reminds me so much of my mother.  Who now lives alone, has no friends, is estranged from her siblings, and has four children that do love her, but keep her at arm's length.

She is just like the mother...just with more victims. She drove away just about everyone...except her gossipy little "friends" who she'd talk shit about me to...leading to an investigation of elder abuse...which was quickly proven false. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

Yet again, Braggie is living her life like she doesn’t have 8 kids. She left 7 of her kids at home (I’m sure with her mom) and went with Shawn on his business trip to southern CA for 5 days. Does she realize this couldn’t be possible without her mother’s help yet again? Her entire life couldn’t be possible without her mother’s constant help. Ezra isn’t the 3rd parent. He’s the 4th parent. If her mother was a paid nanny she would be making huge amounts of money taking care of 8 kids for likely more than 40 hours a week. They could never afford a nanny that does as much work as her mother. And they probably couldn’t afford 7 more plane tickets for the kids to go to CA. Most moms of 8 kids would just have to stay home by themselves while their husbands are gone. Again.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

She’s mentioned paying her mother to homeschool...maybe her mother is dependent on her financially?  

I know my mother wouldn’t have done any of that shit for me unless I was paying her.

• Upvote 2

I understand that kids toddling around naked is cute and you might want to take a pic or two (I have some photos like that and my parents have some of me at that age), but posting it on a public, unlocked IG account?? Does she print off copies and pin them to the noticeboard at the local shops too?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I doubt she’s paying her mom a salary. Instead, they probably financially help her mom if she needs it. 

Braggie Abbie is a horrible parent. They could never afford to take the kids to California nor on any vacation involving plane tickets at all. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yet again, Braggie is living her life like she doesn’t have 8 kids. She left 7 of her kids at home (I’m sure with her mom) and went with Shawn on his business trip to southern CA for 5 days. Does she realize this couldn’t be possible without her mother’s help yet again? Her entire life couldn’t be possible without her mother’s constant help. Ezra isn’t the 3rd parent. He’s the 4th parent. If her mother was a paid nanny she would be making huge amounts of money taking care of 8 kids for likely more than 40 hours a week. They could never afford a nanny that does as much work as her mother. And they probably couldn’t afford 7 more plane tickets for the kids to go to CA. Most moms of 8 kids would just have to stay home by themselves while their husbands are gone. Again.

Look on the bright side, the kids are getting a break from Abbie. I hope grandma isn't as reliant on Ezra as Abbie is and he has some time for himself. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Abbie will NEVER be the grandmother or (whatever Yiddish name she calls her mother), that her mother is. She is an entitled princess. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

56 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Look on the bright side, the kids are getting a break from Abbie. I hope grandma isn't as reliant on Ezra as Abbie is and he has some time for himself. 

I doubt Ezra can just turn off his parenting. I’m sure he still parents when Braggie is gone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 6

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I doubt Ezra can just turn off his parenting. I’m sure he still parents when Braggie is gone. 

I know, I had the same thought. But I hope that Grandma encourages some "me time" for Ezra. He just breaks my heart.

• I Agree 5

59 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I know, I had the same thought. But I hope that Grandma encourages some "me time" for Ezra. He just breaks my heart.

I know we know very little of Braggie’s mom, but I admit I don’t hold her in high esteem. I can’t help but assume she’s a big reason why Braggie is the way she is. I can’t help but think she indulged Braggie and now helps her to justify having child after child that she doesn’t want. I guess I see her mom as an enabler. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

58 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know we know very little of Braggie’s mom, but I admit I don’t hold her in high esteem. I can’t help but assume she’s a big reason why Braggie is the way she is. I can’t help but think she indulged Braggie and now helps her to justify having child after child that she doesn’t want. I guess I see her mom as an enabler. 

Stop ruining my happy fantasy with logic!

Seriously though, enablers don't necessarily mirror the behavior of those that they enable. I have a sister similar to Abbie in the way that she treats her children and uses people. Her children are adults now but during their formative years my mom picked up the slack for my sister much the same way Abbie's mother does. My mother treated the children far better than sis ever did. She always took my sister's shortcomings as a personal failure as a parent and constantly tried to remedy that failure by overcompensating and enabling.

I'm just giving food for thought and not by any means defending Abbie's mom. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

40 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Stop ruining my happy fantasy with logic!

Seriously though, enablers don't necessarily mirror the behavior of those that they enable. I have a sister similar to Abbie in the way that she treats her children and uses people. Her children are adults now but during their formative years my mom picked up the slack for my sister much the same way Abbie's mother does. My mother treated the children far better than sis ever did. She always took my sister's shortcomings as a personal failure as a parent and constantly tried to remedy that failure by overcompensating and enabling.

I'm just giving food for thought and not by any means defending Abbie's mom. 

The thing is, I do think she’s probably helping those children in the short run. But long term, she’s making it worse because Braggie will just keep having baby after baby. But I imagine they love going to grandma’s house. She likely gives them more one on one attention than Braggie and Shawn. Which is great for the kids. But with her mom’s enabling, she will keep popping them out. I’m just hoping grandma will be there for any of the kids who don’t turn out perfectly in Braggie’s eyes.

• Upvote 4

Just another thing I hate about all these fundie families, none of their kids are allowed to develop individual friendships outside of their little family unit or sphere. How healthy is that?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

(whatever Yiddish name she calls her mother),

It's Savta, which is Hebrew. Though she misspells it. Yiddish would be Bubbe.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Okay WTF selfies in Anthropologie? On vacation?

The woman is obsessed. I mean, it’s kind of cool to visit it occasionally and see all the various overpriced stuff and sometimes you can get a decent deal in their little sales room if you’re willing to dig around. But the fixation with that store boggles me.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

8 minutes ago, bea said:

The woman is obsessed. I mean, it’s kind of cool to visit it occasionally and see all the various overpriced stuff and sometimes you can get a decent deal in their little sales room if you’re willing to dig around. But the fixation with that store boggles me.

Fixations on any store are hard for me to understand. But it’s not uncommon at all. Lots of materialistic people obsess over certain stores and brands. I’m not that into clothing and Knick knacks so I am not obsessed with Anthropologie. Although I like to browse on occasion. If I’m right there anyway. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 5/30/2019 at 10:42 PM, luv2laugh said:

I doubt she’s paying her mom a salary. Instead, they probably financially help her mom if she needs it. 

Just based on what I've seen quoted here, I am pretty sure they do pay her mom a regular salary for homeschooling the kids. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bea said:

Where is this?  The only pic I see is of them in their hotel room.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, katilac said:

Just based on what I've seen quoted here, I am pretty sure they do pay her mom a regular salary for homeschooling the kids. 

That’s probably just for the homeschooling. I’m sure the constant overnights with grandma aren’t included. 

• Upvote 4

On 5/29/2019 at 6:51 PM, luv2laugh said:

I don't think pictures of anyone belong on the internet unless consent was given. My daughter doesn't even want me to post pictures of my grandkitty without her permission, for heaven's sake! 

• Upvote 5

Where is this?  The only pic I see is of them in their hotel room.

It was in the Instagram stories, I think.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Abbie spends 1000's of hours with the kids*, Shaun usually holds the baby when they're out and about. Boom! Sainthood for Shaun.

"He loves me and our babies so self-sacrificially. Like the way he's usually the one who wears Shiloh when we're out and about bc he knows that, after 8 kids and 1,000's of hours spent nursing them or holding them propped on my left hip (I'm a total left-side baby-toter, you?), a spot in my right shoulder starts burning horribly after only a short while of baby-wearing. 
Girls, hold out for the kind of guy who loves holding his babies close, especially when it gives the girl he loves a break."

*Abbie technically spends alot of time around the kids but that doesn't mean that she actually pays attention to them. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic