IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

11 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

There was nothing about who her mom is as a person. It was about all the things she's done for Abbie. 

Well that’s the most important part right? 

She also mentioned her dad working a lot of hours so her mom could stay home and homeschool them. I guess Braggie is keeping that tradition alive and well in her own family. I SAH but I’ll never understand wanting my husband to work so much he barely sees our kids so I could stay home with them. Fuck that. My kids need their dad. Sometimes more than they need me! Because he’s more patient ;)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well that’s the most important part right? 

She also mentioned her dad working a lot of hours so her mom could stay home and homeschool them. I guess Braggie is keeping that tradition alive and well in her own family. I SAH but I’ll never understand wanting my husband to work so much he barely sees our kids so I could stay home with them. Fuck that. My kids need their dad. Sometimes more than they need me! Because he’s more patient ;)

Mr. Nova is a talented heavy equipment mechanic/millwright and it wouldn't be difficult for him to find a much higher paying job than his current employer. It's not unusual for head hunters to try and poach him for their business. He always says no because it would mean longer hours and a longer commute. As it is, we live comfortably on just his income. When Baby Nova was still at home, we were able to attend all the band concerts and fundraisers together and it was great. He had the time and energy to be an active participant in her life. We have a lot of happy memories from those days that no amount of money could replace.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

Her current post is about how God let her buy a decorative plant for $100 instead of $300.  So glad no one in the world has any hardships so that she could get her tchotchke on sale.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, catlady said:

Her current post is about how God let her buy a decorative plant for $100 instead of $300.  So glad no one in the world has any hardships so that she could get her tchotchke on sale.

Braggie needs to save that $100 and pay someone to give her girls piano lessons. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, catlady said:

She truly has a gift. No one but Abbie could be such an asshole about a fig tree. 

Perhaps the lord will be kind and gracious and grant me new bench seats for my classic car. So far I've had to content myself with two thrifted blankets (6 dollars each) to cover the tears. I pray that Jesus sends me a "smokin' deal" like he sent Abbie so I can look cool this summer. But even if he doesn't, that's ok too I guess. See Abbie? See how stupid that sounds? That's you. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

*mentally calculates the amount of groceries I can buy with $100*

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

On 5/11/2019 at 12:46 AM, ophelia said:

Great thread title! Thank you. 

Braggie posted about motherhood being the only job without a paycheck, [...] and without the opportunity to fire your coworkers. Guess what, Braggie: you make childhood a full-time job and your children  employees work under pretty shitty conditions so you can have your five minutes of fame on IG. They are the ones taking up on all the crap without any chance of switching to another "job" until they become legal adults. 

Yeah Braggie isn't a worker in this situation. She's the boss. Braggie's kids need to form a union. Five minutes of those kids being on a cleaning/co-parenting strike and they will have Braggie at the bargaining table. Rise up Ezra, Simon, Della, Evy, Nola, Theo, Honor and Shiloh! You have nothing to lose but your chains!  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, milkteeth said:

Yeah Braggie isn't a worker in this situation. She's the boss. Braggie's kids need to form a union. Five minutes of those kids being on a cleaning/co-parenting strike and they will have Braggie at the bargaining table. Rise up Ezra, Simon, Della, Evy, Nola, Theo, Honor and Shiloh! You have nothing to lose but your chains!  

And possibly on birth control after a couple of days of having to do it all herself ,if GM joined the union.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

You're not as great as Abbie and that's ok. There's probably stuff you might be good at, too. 

But, repeat after me: what comes easily to me is going to be hard for lots of other people (and vice versa). For example, I am decent at: -Exercising (it's my part-time job)
-Creating simple routines for my family that we consistently stick to
-Meal-planning/cooking
-Teaching (I've done it in some capacity since I was 15)
-Organizing my time
-Reading to my kids
-Keeping up with laundry
-Juggling multiple things

All of the above stem from a combination of natural bent and lifelong practice

I'm not as good at: -Organizing fiddly things like papers and hairbows and stamps
-Grading my kids' work -Putting laundry away
-Doing art projects/science experiments with my kids
-Avoiding Chick-fil-A at the end of the week
-Keeping my car cleaned out
-Getting up early when I don't "have to"
-Doing things I dread

My guess is you looked at both lists and saw things you struggle with and things you excel at.

...Do you have a good at/not as good at list? Sometimes, it helps to take an honest look at the way we're wired so we can preach truth to ourselves when we get depressed about that girl who "has it all together" and never has random hair brushes or toothpaste smears on her bathroom counter.

• Haha 4

She’s making a post about sleep deprivation and he’s only waking twice a night?!? Is she fucking serious? God she has it so fucking easy. She has it easier than most moms with 2 or 3 kids. What an over privileged spoiled brat. She has to search and find stuff to martyr herself over. Because there’s very little. 

3313E72B-D4E8-418A-A11D-D4232FFC447A.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s making a post about sleep deprivation and he’s only waking twice a night?!? Is she fucking serious? God she has it so fucking easy. She has it easier than most moms with 2 or 3 kids. What an over privileged spoiled brat. She has to search and find stuff to martyr herself over. Because there’s very little. 

I really love to sleep. I don't like being woken up against my will for any reason. The house could be on fire and I'd ask my rescuer for five more minutes. With that being said, I can't recall ever feeling resentment when Baby Nova cried at night. She was a blameless baby. Getting up multiple times in the night wasn't "sanctifiying", it was just what needed to be done. Why do these martyr mommies constantly nail themselves to the cross for simple shit? 

Here's an idea. If Abbie doesn't like getting up in the middle of the night to care for a baby, stop having babies!!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

Abbie doesn’t know how lucky she is. My daughter woke up 5-6 times a night, every night for 6 YEARS. That’s sleep deprivation. Abbie is so privileged but doesn’t even realize it. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Twice a night?
JFC, Abbie, try having kids with medical needs. I haven’t slept more than four hours at a stretch in five years.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 19

The longest my second kid would sleep was two hours. Until he was 2! The sleep deprivation actually caused me to hallucinate! He now sleeps well at the age of 4. He’s also the one who took 9 months to potty train. He has no special needs. He’s just stubborn as fuck. You couldn’t pay me 1 million dollars to have another kid. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • Love 5

No, she won’t stop having babies. Why? Pregnancy is sanctifying. Sleep deprivation is sanctifying. Motherhood is sanctifying. It’s all about Braggie’s “sanctification” (ego).

Do you know what people would do if I started announcing that my (chronic, as of late) constipation is sanctifying? They would call me crazy.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I've never read this thread before (yay insomnia) so know basically nothing about her or how old Shiloh is, but my first thought was that at least she doesn't seem to be making him cry it out like many of the people we follow would do.

I'm sure she's awful in many other ways

ETA: both my kids slept through the night when they came home from the hospital (like 6-7 hours)

Edited by Curious
adding another thought
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Curious said:

I've never read this thread before (yay insomnia) so know basically nothing about her or how old Shiloh is, but my first thought was that at least she doesn't seem to be making him cry it out like many of the people we follow would do.

I'm sure she's awful in many other ways

Shiloh is only a few months old (maybe 3 months) so even most cry it out books don’t even recommend full on cry it out that young. But of course fundies will take an idea from a book and go to the extreme. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did cry it out when they are older. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Shiloh is only a few months old (maybe 3 months) so even most cry it out books don’t even recommend full on cry it out that young. But of course fundies will take an idea from a book and go to the extreme. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did cry it out when they are older. 

ah ok.  I've never read a book that recommends CIO and could not stand to let my kids cry.  Not only did it make my milk letdown (I didn't breastfeed and I still had milk until they were several months old despite taking the pills that are supposed to dry your supply up) and it did my head in.   I had a visceral reaction.  It even happened when other people's babies cried when mine were very young.   More than once, I wanted to go snatch up some stranger's baby in a mall or restaurant because they were letting an obviously young baby cry.

I was a horrible mom that held my kids pretty much constantly when they were infants.  I had C-sections with both of them so I had lifting restrictions for the first 6 weeks and I just liked my snuggly kids.  They both managed to become productive members of society despite my wanton disregard of their sin nature as newborns :P

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Abbie posted a naked picture of her second youngest son (Honor?!) in which he is wearing one of his sisters hair bows. Nothing wrong with a male child wearing a bow if he wants to - don't get me wrong. But I just can't understand how parents can post naked pictures of their kids on social media. They don't value their kids privacy at all and it is not only irresponsible but downright disrespectful, IMHO.

I know, I know - Braggie isn't the only one posting pictures like that, but I haven't ranted in this thread for some time and when I saw that post I had to come over to FJ ASAP.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

Abbie posted a naked picture of her second youngest son (Honor?!) in which he is wearing one of his sisters hair bows. Nothing wrong with a male child wearing a bow if he wants to - don't get me wrong. But I just can't understand how parents can post naked pictures of their kids on social media. They don't value their kids privacy at all and it is not only irresponsible but downright disrespectful, IMHO.

I know, I know - Braggie isn't the only one posting pictures like that, but I haven't ranted in this thread for some time and when I saw that post I had to come over to FJ ASAP.

I’ll be completely truthful, I saw that picture and I reported it. For starters, it’s against the Instagram guidelines, full stop. Secondly—holy shit, in this day and age, what kind of messed up person do you have to be to post your child naked on the Internet? It’s disrespectful without a doubt (and she managed to get a good, old-fashioned Abbie dig in there, too), but it’s straight up unsafe. The account is public and it has many followers. You do not know who is out there and how they are using that image.  

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

Since you brought her back on the radar I popped over and took a look at her latest stuff. It looks like Ezra turned 13. I absolutely hate (not a word I use often) the way she views him. Her stupid "boy-man", "13 going on 40", and the dreaded "third parent" monikers make me want to throw her through the wall. Poor kid doesn't have a choice. Out of all the fundy kids we follow, Ezra breaks my heart the most. He seems like a very genuine and loving kid. Traits that his selfish mom never fails to exploit.

"That adorable boy-man in the middle of all of those smiley kids was born almost exactly 13 years ago today. I was in labor with him for 44 hours from start to finish. He made me work for lots of things as a young mama, but mostly he showed me just how capable my heart was of both great selfishness and great love. He is the pioneer, the OG, and the guinea pig. It's due in large part to his tender-hearted, nerdy (which I love), 13-going-on-40 personality that I am the mother that I am today (more humbled/sanctified). He is the best firstborn, big brother, and "3rd parent" (a role he cherishes a bit *too* much sometimes ?). When we went around the table this morning all saying the things we love about him, the word, "kind," came up multiple times. And it's true. Ezra, whose name means "helper," is so kind and quick to volunteer to carry a burden."

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 3

44 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Since you brought her back on the radar I popped over and took a look at her latest stuff. It looks like Ezra turned 13. I absolutely hate (not a word I use often) the way she views him. Her stupid "boy-man", "13 going on 40", and the dreaded "third parent" monikers make me want to throw her through the wall. Poor kid doesn't have a choice. Out of all the fundy kids we follow, Ezra breaks my heart the most. He seems like a very genuine and loving kid. Traits that his selfish mom never fails to exploit.

"That adorable boy-man in the middle of all of those smiley kids was born almost exactly 13 years ago today. I was in labor with him for 44 hours from start to finish. He made me work for lots of things as a young mama, but mostly he showed me just how capable my heart was of both great selfishness and great love. He is the pioneer, the OG, and the guinea pig. It's due in large part to his tender-hearted, nerdy (which I love), 13-going-on-40 personality that I am the mother that I am today (more humbled/sanctified). He is the best firstborn, big brother, and "3rd parent" (a role he cherishes a bit *too* much sometimes ?). When we went around the table this morning all saying the things we love about him, the word, "kind," came up multiple times. And it's true. Ezra, whose name means "helper," is so kind and quick to volunteer to carry a burden."

“Exploit” is a perfect way to describe Braggie as a mother. She exploits all of her children on Instagram. She exploits Ezra’s very caring and helpful nature. She exploits Honor for being a normal toddler nudist. She exploits all of her children with constant Instagram pictures of them all smiling at the front door. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

The last naked child photo got heaps of likes! Why wouldn't she do another one to be relatable? It's the perfect photo to use when listing his shortcomings as a two year old but it's okay because she added #hesthebest (or something similar).

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

The last naked child photo got heaps of likes! Why wouldn't she do another one to be relatable? It's the perfect photo to use when listing his shortcomings as a two year old but it's okay because she added #hesthebest (or something similar).

That’s exactly why she posted. Because she knows she will get lots of likes and positive comments. Who cares if her kid is completely embarrassed by these pictures 10 years from now. She got likes!

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic