IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

18 hours ago, Hane said:

@feministxtian, a friend of mine rescues feral cats. She makes sure they’re healthy, vaccinated, and spayed or neutered. Despite her best efforts, some of them refuse to live indoors.

My friend, who cares for a feral colony, has told me that if the kitties have a regular food source, they don't really hunt. Her colony, while not being exactly crazy about indoors, spend most of their time in the yard, stretched out in the sun, hiding here or there, and some of them will seek out human contact. 

I'd love to build my 2 a catio but these idiots would freak out the minute a leaf got hit by the wind. But, they're a different case. They were orphaned at about 1 week old and hand raised. They're very "peopley" and the closest they get to outdoors is a window and even that can freak them out. 

• Upvote 6

My parents cat, who actually rules this household, is a WELL fed and very loved cat. Still she hunts all the freaking times. Every other morning my parents wake up to a dead rat (mostly baby rats), mouse or bird on the back porch. Most of the time she doesn't really eat her prey. She prefers to keep it alive, but immobile, to play with it.

I tell you, once she figures out how to open the can with the cat food, my parents will be out of the picture. And she'll probably get rid of the dog as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

My cats are well fed and happily spend much of the daytime sunning themselves in the backyard, but are shut indoors from dusk till dawn because I know if given the opportunity they’d be little nighttime eco-terrorists.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

My parents cat, who actually rules this household, is a WELL fed and very loved cat. Still she hunts all the freaking times. Every other morning my parents wake up to a dead rat (mostly baby rats), mouse or bird on the back porch. Most of the time she doesn't really eat her prey. She prefers to keep it alive, but immobile, to play with it.

I tell you, once she figures out how to open the can with the cat food, my parents will be out of the picture. And she'll probably get rid of the dog as well.

I really think some cats just have strong hunting instincts as part of their personality. I’ve had a few cats that were horrid hunters. A mouse was in the house and they didn’t know what to do! They would never catch it! Just chase it around. It was so annoying. You have one job as a cat! And you blew it. 

My husband’s cat was born to a stray and spent her earliest time outdoors. She had an outdoorsy streak. Before I met my husband he lived in a wooded area and let the cat out sometimes. He witnessed one day the cat chasing a full grown deer! But suddenly it seemed like the deer realized she was being chased by a cat and did a complete 180. She turned around and she started chasing the cat! It scared the shit out of the cat and she bolted home. He never saw her chase a deer again. 

• Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

So per her last IG live she almost missed her flight because the agent had told her the wrong gate number...or at least that’s what she thought she had heard. Ok, but how does that change the TIME of the flight? She wasn’t at the wrong gate, she was in line to order breakfast. Who doesn’t check the flight board to verify both time and gate once they clear security? For a person who wants others to think that she’s an intellect, she presents as such a ditz.

• Upvote 13

On 6/4/2019 at 10:34 AM, danvillebelle said:

Every time she cutesifies a word by shortening it (rad, anni), - to use a favorite phrase of my grandmother's, it makes my head come to a point.  STAHP.

This is one of the (many) things that drives me nuts about Braggie.  Her shortened words just seem so......teenager-y. I know, she thinks she’s so youthful and hip and amazing and enviable, so she does the cool-kids vocabulary and speech/writing patterns.  But I haven’t heard the term “rad” since about 1991; the teens I know today aren’t using it (could be just regional, though).  

Edited by catlady
Typo
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, catlady said:

This is one of the (many) things that drives me nuts about Braggie.  Her shortened words just seem so......teenager-y. I know, she thinks she’s so youthful and hip and amazing and enviable, so she does the cool-kids vocabulary and speech/writing patterns.  But I haven’t heard the term “rad” since about 1991; the teens I know today aren’t using it (could be just regional, though).  

Braggie and I are the same age and I don’t use her kind of slang. And neither do my same age friends. I’m not saying we are super cool or even nerdy. We may use some slang that is outdated but Braggie takes it to another level. 

• Upvote 2

Is anyone else finding her pictures taken with the new phone painful to look at? Too much HDR is a thing braggie. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

So her husband’s flight home from CA was cancelled. I’d love to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. No doubt AH can through some epic fits when things don’t go her way. Who here think she left the kids at her mom’s for an extra night?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

When your children are so well trained that they close their eyes and pretend to sleep for the photo without you asking!! ?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

When your children are so well trained that they close their eyes and pretend to sleep for the photo without you asking!! ?

My kids pretend to sleep for pictures because they think it’s funny. I’m hoping the girls are just being silly. I hope they are allowed to be silly.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Don't be silly. 

Silly isn't godly. Silly isn't having a servant's heart. Silly isn't serving Braggie God. Of course they're not allowed to be silly.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/4/2019 at 9:34 AM, danvillebelle said:

Braggie:  "And now, for a break from this Instagram that is exclusively about ME, MY decorating, MY outfits, MY pregnancy woes, MY shopping, MY DIY house skills...here are 8 things about ME!" :dead-horse:

Every time she cutesifies a word by shortening it (rad, anni), - to use a favorite phrase of my grandmother's, it makes my head come to a point.  STAHP.

What's anni? Anniversary? If so, that's awful. 

On 6/5/2019 at 12:02 PM, catlady said:

But I haven’t heard the term “rad” since about 1991; the teens I know today aren’t using it (could be just regional, though).  

It's regional. I hear it from college kids all the time locally, but not at my other dd's school two states away. 

• Upvote 1

And on Father’s Day she takes to IG and throws her father under the bus. Going to church and talking about God does not make you a Christian.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And on Father’s Day she takes to IG and throws her father under the bus. Going to church and talking about God does not make you a Christian.

She’s said this before about her dad. That he worked long hours so her mom could’ve stay home and homeschool the two kids and yet they were still poor. I would love to point some things out to Braggie. Her strained relationship may be because she was homeschooled. If she and her brother went to a public school, her mom could work and bring in more money. Then her dad likely wouldn’t have had to work so many hours. Doesn’t she see it’s a huge drawback to homeschooling? I would also love to point out that her mom only had two kids. What if her mom had 8? Wouldn’t they have been even poorer? Would things have been much worse? Braggie’s husband has a better relationship with their kids and that’s not surprising to me. They aren’t poor! He probably doesn’t have to work as many hours as Braggie’s father. He’s probably way less stressed! If Braggie was married to a man with a very low paying job, her life would be very different. Her extreme privilege is so obvious to me. Why can’t she see it? It’s all right in front of her face. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

“Sitting in a church house doesn’t make you a Christian any more than sitting in a henhouse makes you a chicken.”

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, smittykins said:

“Sitting in a church house doesn’t make you a Christian any more than sitting in a henhouse makes you a chicken.”

Huh, the one I’d always heard was “going to church doesn’t make you Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.” Funny how regional differences make one saying more popular.

• Upvote 3

Ugh. I'm putting Abbie's entire comment here because damn. Abbie and kids meet a woman who's the oldest of 12 and she commiserates with Ezra. What does Abbie's bitch ass do? She forces him to admit how much he just loves all the extra work as #thirdparent. And as far as Abbie is concerned, that's just good "training".

Spoiler

We met a woman who is the oldest of 12 today, and, when I asked her how she liked it, she said, "Well, it was a LOT of work." She gave Ezra a knowing nod (to which he replied with a confused smile) and then added, "But it's good bc we're all really close now." I asked Ezra later if he felt like being the oldest mostly meant work, knowing that he would hem and haw and say, "Wellllll .." if he did. But he didn't even hesitate...just said, "Nope, not at all." Because there really is a difference in training your children to "be a blessing" (to you, to teachers, to strangers)/internalize just how impactful their contributions can/should be and shoveling your responsibilities and stresses as a parent their direction in an attempt to get out of them. No idea which one happened with this lady, but I'd guess the latter.

My unsolicited advice? Praise your kids like CRAZY when they do anything helpful or proactively thoughtful. Nothing trains a kid to contribute more than *noticing* and throwing a party when he does. And nothing trains us as parents to see the good more than saying it out loud every chance we get. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 10

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Ugh. I'm putting Abbie's entire comment here because damn. Abbie and kids meet a woman who's the oldest of 12 and she commiserates with Ezra. What does Abbie's bitch ass do? She forces him to admit how much he just loves all the extra work as #thirdparent. And as far as Abbie is concerned, that's just good "training".

Hide contents

We met a woman who is the oldest of 12 today, and, when I asked her how she liked it, she said, "Well, it was a LOT of work." She gave Ezra a knowing nod (to which he replied with a confused smile) and then added, "But it's good bc we're all really close now." I asked Ezra later if he felt like being the oldest mostly meant work, knowing that he would hem and haw and say, "Wellllll .." if he did. But he didn't even hesitate...just said, "Nope, not at all." Because there really is a difference in training your children to "be a blessing" (to you, to teachers, to strangers)/internalize just how impactful their contributions can/should be and shoveling your responsibilities and stresses as a parent their direction in an attempt to get out of them. No idea which one happened with this lady, but I'd guess the latter.

My unsolicited advice? Praise your kids like CRAZY when they do anything helpful or proactively thoughtful. Nothing trains a kid to contribute more than *noticing* and throwing a party when he does. And nothing trains us as parents to see the good more than saying it out loud every chance we get. 

So basically she praises the hell out of him giving up his childhood to be a third parent and it makes everything ok. 

That’s not how it works Braggie. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Yeah, I thought my parents were the bees knees and my childhood was great, too.

Until I had a complete breakdown and went into therapy and discovered otherwise.

When Ezra someday realizes it was NOT his job to raise his siblings, he's going to resent the hell out of her.

My crystal ball tells me Braggie is going to have a lonely, bitter old age.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Praise your kids for doing things like sliding down the rails that line a hotel’s hot tub stairs into the shallow tub? And of course posting the activities on IG...and are young kids now allowed in hotel hot tubs?  I’m telling you, she’s a ditz.

• WTF 1

Of course DadEzra said he loved being 3rd parent. 

He knows how Lori would have excoriated him on IG if he said anything different.  The child can read after all.  He knows Braggie plasters everything all over IG and knows she's prone to laying out all her children's faults -- faults that only she sees. Faults that aren't even faults. 

She training them, especially DadEzra, to have "servant hearts", this is to serve Braggie in every way possible so she doesn't actually have to parent. 

Oh the exquisite irony that she doesn't realize that this is exactly who she is:  (@Super Nova quoting Braggie)

20 hours ago, SuperNova said:

shoveling your responsibilities and stresses as a parent their direction in an attempt to get out of them.

Oh ... Hi Braggie -- looking right at you.  We are not fooled by your fake sweet super sparkly Jesus-y mama facade

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 8

I don't understand why women like Abbie post pictures of their babies diaper blow outs. It's just gross to me. Is this mommy culture now? Is it meant to be cute? Relatable? I would think that it could potentially bring embarrassment to the child in the future. Honestly, it's beyond me why Abbie feels the need to share that Shiloh's poo is the same color as her shirt. Just clean it up and move on.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic