IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

On 10/21/2019 at 12:49 PM, zeebaneighba said:

""Dogs and cats are not thought to suffer from morning sickness nor is there any information detailing morning sickness in the reproductive literature of dogs and cats," Ann Hohenhaus, of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine at the Animal Medical Center of New York,"

article

While she may claim to have done her due diligence in educating herself about dog breeding, this simple quote tells us exactly how much knowledge she actually has. I cannot believe Abbie is breeding that dog at a year old. She is such a selfishly dumb bitch that it's almost an achievement. 

• Upvote 6

God is up there like, “actually I told you to get off your phone and give your kids a little attention. But ok.”

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3

@bea, further proof that Braggie doesn’t really like kids and shouldn’t have had any.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

so Braggie hopes her kids remember her as the mom who shoved snow down their jackets instead of staying inside?  i hope they remember that, too, and tell her to stay in next time.  in our house, that's an utterly obnoxious thing to do.  we have a rule about no ice/snow down backs, no cold water thrown into the shower, no snowballs aimed at heads.  no one really *wants* that done to them, so we just don't pull that kind of prank.  

why the hell can't Braggie be the mom who helped them build a snowfort or took them to a good sledding hill?  but no, she has to be the mom to get their shirts wet in cold weather.  

Edited by catlady
spelling is hard
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 4

I noticed that there aren't any photos of the finished snowman. I'm sure the fact that it was dirty deemed it unworthy of Instagram ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, therulesofjinx said:

I noticed that there aren't any photos of the finished snowman. I'm sure the fact that it was dirty deemed it unworthy of Instagram ?

This reminds me of the, ahem, anatomically correct snow-woman my mom and her friend made when I was a kid.(And, no, no pictures were taken. :pb_lol:)

• Haha 6
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, smittykins said:

This reminds me of the, ahem, anatomically correct snow-woman my mom and her friend made when I was a kid.(And, no, no pictures were taken. :pb_lol:)

Oh, goodness, now you've reminded me of something my roommate and I did when we were right out of college in the park near our apartment. It involved a snowman and an adult toy...and, because we were silly and young...pictures were taken. And possibly posted on Facebook (I honestly can't remember, but it seems like something we would have done!)

• Haha 9

28 minutes ago, smittykins said:

my mom once made what we called The Bikini Cake; it was talked about for years.  my parents were friends with another couple, and one year on the husband's birthday, my mom turned a sheet cake into a slinky little female torso.  the breasts were made from rather large cupcakes, and the whole thing was frosted to look like a woman in a bikini.  there were pictures at the time, but they were lost in The Great Flooded Basement of 1991.  the cake itself was immensely popular.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

39 minutes ago, catlady said:

my mom once made what we called The Bikini Cake; it was talked about for years.  my parents were friends with another couple, and one year on the husband's birthday, my mom turned a sheet cake into a slinky little female torso.  the breasts were made from rather large cupcakes, and the whole thing was frosted to look like a woman in a bikini.  there were pictures at the time, but they were lost in The Great Flooded Basement of 1991.  the cake itself was immensely popular.

I'm wondering if my parents were the other couple because I have a picture of the very same kind if cake that was made for a b-day. And the cupcakes were well endowed.

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I'm wondering if my parents were the other couple because I have a picture of the very same kind if cake that was made for a b-day. And the cupcakes were well endowed.

Sadly, no; the other couple had no kids. But now I’m wondering if my mom saw it in a magazine, and what kind of magazine was it?!?

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, catlady said:

Sadly, no; the other couple had no kids. But now I’m wondering if my mom saw it in a magazine, and what kind of magazine was it?!?

I worked at a bakery that did dirty cakes. They’ve been doing dirty cakes for decades. Penises, butts, boobs, and even vulvas. I made a penis cake for one of my friend’s bachelorette parties. The next day her fiancé was eating leftover penis cake and he had no idea that it had started out as a giant penis. He just thought it was a piece of cake with peach colored icing ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

She's in my state, right? Yeah, we got an early snowstorm. Another's coming through Sunday-Tuesday. It's Colorado any time but midsummer. Snow happens.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, catlady said:

why the hell can't Braggie be the mom who helped them build a snowfort or took them to a good sledding hill?  but no, she has to be the mom to get their shirts wet in cold weather.  

That's the bizarro thing (to us here, anyway) - the things she breaks her arm patting herself on the back for (emotionally hijacking her sons into telling her what a great parent she is, putting snow down their backs, bragging how much of a 3rd parent Ezra is all the time) are not anything to be proud of, they're really shitty.  But she thinks she's worthy of a martyr's crown because it's "SOOO HARD Y'ALL".  ?

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

That's the bizarro thing (to us here, anyway) - the things she breaks her arm patting herself on the back for (emotionally hijacking her sons into telling her what a great parent she is, putting snow down their backs, bragging how much of a 3rd parent Ezra is all the time) are not anything to be proud of, they're really shitty.  But she thinks she's worthy of a martyr's crown because it's "SOOO HARD Y'ALL".  ?

But remember, in the words of Abbie herself, “hard is not the same as bad.” ?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I just do not understand why everything needs to be detailed in a mega caption. I think the sentiment is actually not terrible, although the repetition of her negativity about her children being children is troubling. I just think if you want to communicate something like this, you could do it in a more effective, positive manner.

For instance: "I'm so glad the kids convinced me to get outside the warm home to enjoy playing in the snow together! It was a great reminder that when I get out of my comfort zone, there are amazing adventures and special memories waiting. Can't wait to enjoy more winter fun with my wonderful, adventure-loving kiddos!"

There seems to be this trend that sharing some of those really negative complaints and tacking on a #choosejoy at the end is a good way to be real and honest. I'm all for people being real about life and not trying to create a fake persona for themselves or their family which makes them look perfect all the time. But I also don't think it's healthy to share so many complaints so often and so publicly. When you focus on complaints all the time, it makes the pathways in your brain which identify negative things stronger. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have places to share or express frustration or get support, but sharing it so often on social media is a negative, unhealthy pattern IMO.

It also encourages this white knuckle-ism: everything is terrible and the kids made a mess again and I was frustrated but that just means I'm a wretched sinner and I'm going to #choosejoy and get some starbucks and that will fix everything." If you are feeling a significant level of frustration and being short-tempered on a daily basis, you might need to stop and re-evaluate your life and how you can get real support or make actual changes. Are you putting too much pressure on yourself to present a social media perfect picture or live up to someone's expectations? Are you feeling a lack of interest in things that goes beyond just being frustrated by temporary circumstances? Are you not getting any time to yourself to pursue your own friendships/interests/health? Is your current family style untenable for your bandwidth? 

Abbie is so concerned with attention, I'm probably being overly gracious in her case. But it's a wider trend in these types of social media fundies.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

Screenshot_2019-10-28-12-17-34.thumb.png.ae2d37dd0c79534dee652ec2547e56d5.png

Abbie does not talk a lot about enjoying her kids. Or maybe she does and it's hard to remember because she spends so much time bitching about them. All she really wanted to do is pull the plug on the fun because Abbie is a wet blanket. "We" asked them to be mindful. If Abbie wanted to pull the plug, then why didn't Shaun just take the kids himself and leave her behind with her dumbass "ho-cho"? Why can't Shaun parent sans Abbie? He had the brother dads with him so it shouldn't have been a problem and they wouldn't have to cart a bitchy narcissist around all day. I'm sure the kids could use a break from her.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Screenshot_2019-10-28-12-17-34.thumb.png.ae2d37dd0c79534dee652ec2547e56d5.png

Abbie does not talk a lot about enjoying her kids. Or maybe she does and it's hard to remember because she spends so much time bitching about them. All she really wanted to do is pull the plug on the fun because Abbie is a wet blanket. "We" asked them to be mindful. If Abbie wanted to pull the plug, then why didn't Shaun just take the kids himself and leave her behind with her dumbass "ho-cho"? Why can't Shaun parent sans Abbie? He had the brother dads with him so it shouldn't have been a problem and they wouldn't have to cart a bitchy narcissist around all day. I'm sure the kids could use a break from her.

I think I know why. Because Braggie wants to do everything “as a family” while on vacation because it makes for the best pictures and Instagram stories. She might say she’s doing things she hates for the lord, but really she’s doing it for the likes. 

• Upvote 5

Braggie mentions the most ridiculous thing she’s ever been ridiculed for and uses it to show how superior she is. Hey Braggie, why don’t you talk about the the many criticisms about how you force your oldest to parent your children? Oh no. You just pick the silliest ones to combat. Because that’s how you roll. 

C257EB16-BE76-495F-B363-D400E87D2221.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

I couldn't give two shits whether her mostly absent husband built a house or a snow fort with gloves on.

I do care that she's irresponsibly breeding a dog and that her barn house appears to be a fire trap for those kids, though.  

ETA: she's oh-so-obviously throwing out hints so her stans will find us and defend her.  BRING IT, you narcissistic twit. :evil-laugh:

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Good Lord she’s an insecure beeotch! Can’t stand the heat, get off your high horse and the Internet-

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Can’t stand the heat, get off your high horse and the Internet-

I bet you $100 she physically couldn't live without checking her Instagram for 24 hours.  She'd have a complete breakdown.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic