IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

Did anyone else see her most recent Instagram post? There's a lot that could be discussed there, but I think what bothers me the most is her talking about encouraging her children and then posting a picture of just herself. Although, I shouldn't be suprised...it's typical Abbie behavior and she was really just using the "game" as a way for her children to praise her. Maybe it's a nice change for the kids, actually, to not be made to pose for photos.

Also, I've recently delurked, but I've been following FJ and Abbie (as well as other families) for years and I finally took the plunge to jump on some new boards today. There's so much to snark on with Abbie, so I figured this is a good place to start!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Just now, therulesofjinx said:

Did anyone else see her most recent Instagram post? There's a lot that could be discussed there, but I think what bothers me the most is her talking about encouraging her children and then posting a picture of just herself. Although, I shouldn't be suprised...it's typical Abbie behavior and she was really just using the "game" as a way for her children to praise her. Maybe it's a nice change for the kids, actually, to not be made to pose for photos.

Also, I've recently delurked, but I've been following FJ and Abbie (as well as other families) for years and I finally took the plunge to jump on some new boards today. There's so much to snark on with Abbie, so I figured this is a good place to start!

YES. I just about did a spit take when I read that post about her “best and worst” game. Can you imagine your mother sitting there and telling you why you’re the worst? I would find that devastating as an adult. I can’t even imagine how awful that would feel as a child or pre-teen. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Can you imagine your mother sitting there and telling you why you’re the worst?

And at a time when they're getting to spend alone time with their mother (and not having to be co-parents to their siblings!)...and she's just telling them how to improve themselves! I'm assuming they were in the car- why not play the license plate game or I Spy or literally any other game?

• Upvote 8

I came here after reading the ridiculous instagram post on the best/worst game. I'm impressed that her teenage boys actually told her the truth though of course they felt obligated to say she's attempting to improve.

Ugh. Poor kids.

• Upvote 7

Mom’s worst:

Simon- You’re the worst because you do not like kids, yet you keep having them.

Ezra- You’re the worst because you’re a narcissistic beeotch.

• Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Mom’s worst:

Simon- You’re the worst because you do not like kids, yet you keep having them.

Ezra- You’re the worst because you’re a narcissistic beeotch.

Can you imagine her reaction? She would flip her fucking shit so hard. It would be days of crazy ass mama. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I just wish that someone she respects could sit her down and explain to her that not wanting or enjoying a houseful of kids doesn’t make you any less maternal, loving or devout Christian and lover of Jesus. Maybe her mom, husband or pastor could at least try talking with her, and perhaps, maybe,  her dad has tried to convey that thought and that is why he finds himself on the outside of Abbie’s good graces. Better to be a happy, , balanced and loving mother to fewer kids than destroying everyone in your quest to be the most holy woman of all times.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

While childish, there's nothing inherently wrong with Abbie's "game". I think that two adults could have an honest discussion about likes/dislikes and gain some insight but there's better ways to frame it so it doesn't come off so negative. 

What I have a problem with is who she chose to play her game with. She emotionally hijacked her kids. A 12 and 13 year old don't have the emotional maturity to fully consider and articulate a truthful answer, no matter how "genuinely funny" or capable of "thoughtful conversation" they are. Not to mention that as the parent Abbie has all the power and anything that they say could have consequences, passive agressive or otherwise.

Take Simon's answer. He "liked" that she chose to spend time with them when he knew that she wanted to do other things. Abbie quickly tells him that it's "hardly" a sacrifice. Simon is aware that mom doesn't really want to spend time with him but doesn't know how to say it. He is aware enough to frame it positively so that Abbie is pleased and happy. Ask him the same question in 20 years and see what the answer is. Even Ezra's criticism isn't fully expressed. He doesn't call her outbursts irrational/uncalled for and he doesn't look at anything beyond the action itself. He just says she "speaks harshly" and holds her to it when Simon attempts a backpedal for him (good for Ezra for sticking to his guns). Abbie is careful to include his criticism because it's common and relatable to most parents.  

Her insecurity and narcissism overrides even basic decency and common sense. She didn't ask those questions for feedback, she used it to alleviate the internal guilt that she feels for not really wanting 8 children. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 11

Since we're probably gonna have a new thread soon here are my title suggestions:

B is for Brother Dads
E is for Emotional Blackmail 
F is for Free Ezra
H is for Humble Brag
N is for Narcissist
T is for Too Much HDR (this one might just be a me issue ?)
W is for Why Does She Keep Having Children?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Since we're probably gonna have a new thread soon here are my title suggestions:

B is for Brother Dads
E is for Emotional Blackmail 
F is for Free Ezra
H is for Humble Brag
N is for Narcissist
T is for Too Much HDR (this one might just be a me issue ?)
W is for Why Does She Keep Having Children?

H is for Humble Brag. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now I guess it should be B is for Backyard Beagle Breeder ?

This makes me so ragey :angry-banghead:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, therulesofjinx said:

This makes me so ragey :angry-banghead:

Especially that line “anyone want a beagle pup?”  So she’s breeding her dog without any kind of plan. Idiot. 

Do dogs even get morning sickness?  I never heard of that. Is she trying to be cute or is she just that dumb?

• Upvote 6

Is anyone else bothered by the pillars in front of her house? There's a huge gap at the bottom where some much smaller pieces of wood are visible and it looks crappy. How hard is it to have someone come out and fix it? It's not like they can't afford it. Oh, and irresponsibly breeding your dog makes you an asshole. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Is anyone else bothered by the pillars in front of her house? There's a huge gap at the bottom where some much smaller pieces of wood are visible and it looks crappy. How hard is it to have someone come out and fix it? It's not like they can't afford it. Oh, and irresponsibly breeding your dog makes you an asshole. 

I have a feeling her house will never be finished. That’s what happens when you design a ridiculously big house all because you want to show off on Instagram. I’m sure her claw foot tub still isn’t hooked up in her master bathroom. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling her house will never be finished. That’s what happens when you design a ridiculously big house all because you want to show off on Instagram. I’m sure her claw foot tub still isn’t hooked up in her master bathroom. 

If and when it is, dollars to donuts they sell it and build yet another one.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's right, I forgot about the tub. Not to mention that the boys had been sleeping on the floor until they finally got beds this summer. If they weren't a priority, what would be? Her closet probably.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

That's right, I forgot about the tub. Not to mention that the boys had been sleeping on the floor until they finally got beds this summer. If they weren't a priority, what would be? Her closet probably.

Oh yes she had to wallpaper her closet and laundry room first!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, catlady said:

Especially that line “anyone want a beagle pup?”  So she’s breeding her dog without any kind of plan. Idiot. 

Do dogs even get morning sickness?  I never heard of that. Is she trying to be cute or is she just that dumb?

""Dogs and cats are not thought to suffer from morning sickness nor is there any information detailing morning sickness in the reproductive literature of dogs and cats," Ann Hohenhaus, of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine at the Animal Medical Center of New York,"

article

Edited by zeebaneighba
  • Thank You 5

23 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

""Dogs and cats are not thought to suffer from morning sickness nor is there any information detailing morning sickness in the reproductive literature of dogs and cats," Ann Hohenhaus, of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine at the Animal Medical Center of New York,"

article

She was likely barfing in Braggie’s flower bed as a message to her. Her narcissism even makes the dog sick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She was likely barfing in Braggie’s flower bed as a message to her. Her narcissism even makes the dog sick. 

Apparently when my brother was born the cat would barf in his room. Then he barfed on the door when they shut it. Not a fan of babies that cat.

• Haha 15

Catching up here and I just have to comment on the best/worst game... Braggie is so insecure that she needs her preteens to "see [her] efforts and love [her] for them". Gag. This made me cringe so hard considering they are primary parents to her younger children most of the time and it just reeks of her emotional abuse towards her stand-in mini husbands. 

• Upvote 6

Didn't she get the dog as a pup somewhere just last year? That means the dog has just turned one or isn't even one yet? 
Where I live, reputable breeders don't breed their dogs until they are at least 3 years old. (And also usually only have 1, max. 2 litters per dog). 
Braggy just deciding to breed her dog without any experience makes me so mad. There are so many dogs in shelters already. And for people who really want a pure bred dog from a breeder, go to a reputable one, not a "I have no idea what i'm doing but puppy's are gonna look cute on the gram" type of backyard breeder that Braggy is. She won't even take care of her own kids, what are the chances, if she even manages to figure out how to take care of a litter of pups, that she will actually take care of a mamma dog and a litter of pups?
I really, really hope Ruby isn't pregnant. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Marly said:

Didn't she get the dog as a pup somewhere just last year? That means the dog has just turned one or isn't even one yet? 
Where I live, reputable breeders don't breed their dogs until they are at least 3 years old. (And also usually only have 1, max. 2 litters per dog). 
Braggy just deciding to breed her dog without any experience makes me so mad. There are so many dogs in shelters already. And for people who really want a pure bred dog from a breeder, go to a reputable one, not a "I have no idea what i'm doing but puppy's are gonna look cute on the gram" type of backyard breeder that Braggy is. She won't even take care of her own kids, what are the chances, if she even manages to figure out how to take care of a litter of pups, that she will actually take care of a mamma dog and a litter of pups?
I really, really hope Ruby isn't pregnant. 

Sarah Maxwell learned her backyard breeding lesson the hard way. Her dog got a horrible infection and needed a hysterectomy. I hope Poor Ruby doesn’t go through the same thing but I do hope Ruby can’t get pregnant. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2

Ugh I forgot how young Ruby was. I found the post, they brought Ruby home September (2018), so she's barely over a year old. Who did she bring her to that was willing to breed a dog that young? Poor Ruby :cry: Does Braggie know what to do if there is a problem with the birth or one of the puppies? Did she do genetic testing on Ruby? Is she expecting brother dads Ezra and Simon to take care of the puppies?

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic