IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

Abbie made a new post about how she used a nasty dirty fork to comb her 5 day unwashed hair. It has since been edited but that's ok because I took screenshot for posterity. You're welcome, Abbie. FJ isn't allowing me to upload so here is the original text:

"Another pro Mom tip for you: in the absence of something more suitable, a fork of questionable cleanliness ? that you find randomly in the floorboard of your rental van as you're riding back from Yosemite National Park with just enough time to bathe and dress all your children for the day-before-the-wedding barbecue but not enough time to wash your own 5-day-dirty mop of hair will do just fine for parting said hair in preparation for braiding." 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

WTF is stopping her from washing her hair for five days?  Usually I'm all about you do you, but....damn.  Not washing your hair for 5 days in high summer is just gross.  Bragging about it is...BIZARRE.

• Upvote 7

There are camping areas that don't have showers. If they were camping in Yosemite, maybe washing her hair wasn't an option?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

here are camping areas that don't have showers. If they were camping in Yosemite, maybe washing her hair wasn't an option?

Except they haven't been camping this week; she's posted out and about city pictures and a posh Air B n B.  

I think it was more one of her "oh gosh, look how earthy and real and RAD I am, I haven't washed my hair in five days!"

FAIL.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Braggie has thick hair so she could easily get away with going without a wash for 5 days. It is just another brag. I have a good friend with thick hair like Braggie. Going five days without washing her hair is no big deal. She normally only washes her hair twice a week anyway. If you don’t wash your hair that often, you stop producing so much oil. 

• Upvote 6

Different strokes.  I have very thick hair too, to my waist.  If I didn't wash it for 5 days in summer, it would look like total shit and I'd be uncomfortable as hell.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Daily hair washing is actually not great on it.  I don’t have especially thick hair, but I still only wash mine every two or three days.  It keeps my scalp happier and my color stays longer.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

Daily hair washing is actually not great on it.  I don’t have especially thick hair, but I still only wash mine every two or three days.  It keeps my scalp happier and my color stays longer.

When I was a teen, I washed my hair almost every day. I think I would skip a day on the weekends. But I was hormonal and sweaty so I had to. I had to sort of retrain my hair as an adult. I went to washing it every other day and then every third day. It takes awhile for your hair to get used to it but your hair eventually stops producing so much oil. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I was a teen, I washed my hair almost every day. I think I would skip a day on the weekends. But I was hormonal and sweaty so I had to. I had to sort of retrain my hair as an adult. I went to washing it every other day and then every third day. It takes awhile for your hair to get used to it but your hair eventually stops producing so much oil. 

This is where I'm at as well. I washed and blew dry my hair every single day. I probably didn't have to, but it's what you did in the days before dry shampoo was a well-known thing. I've gotten it to every other day, and sometimes I can stretch it to three days now. But my hair is super thin.

I sometimes wish it was still socially acceptable and affordable enough to go to the salon once a week, have a professional set it, and then spend the rest of the week going to town with the hairspray and not having to do much else. My mother was a run-off-to-California hippie and really on taught me to just wait for it to dry naturally, so I've had to pick up how to do my hair as an adult. I'm still not great at it.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I wash my hair once or twice a week. I've noticed it's made my hair MUCH less greasy/oily. It works especially well since I don't have what one could call a "hairstyle" at all. sorta short bangs thing in the front and long in the back. thinking of getting something done with my hair..like an actual hairstyle that might actually take more than 5 minutes to style since I have more time to devote to me...we'll see though.

• Upvote 5

I have thick hair and often go 4-5 days without washing it. It is harder in the summer or when I work out really intensively and I might wash it more often, but since I always put my hair in a ponytail and wear workout clothes to work, I don't really have to think about they way I look or how I style my hair.

• Upvote 4

Of course she’s breeding that dog. I don’t know why she asked for opinions. She won’t listen to anyone that will tell her there are already too many unwanted dogs in the US and we don’t need anymore. 

F470ED33-9D4A-4938-B1D6-42F370903DA7.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

Oh look. Now Ezra has to manage the dog AND his younger siblings.
Maybe we should change from FreeJingrer to FreeEzra. Jinger is a lost cause. Maybe Ezra can get out.

• Upvote 15

5 minutes ago, bea said:

Oh look. Now Ezra has to manage the dog AND his younger siblings.
Maybe we should change from FreeJingrer to FreeEzra. Jinger is a lost cause. Maybe Ezra can get out.

Notice how she said Ezra had some difficulties at the beginning of the year? I wonder what that was about. Did he actually say no to his mother for once? Did he become overwhelmed by the thought of a new baby to take care of? Did he pick up on his mother’s anxiety over being pregnant and having another baby and carry some of that anxiety himself? I’m sure this vague issue stems from braggie’s Inability to cope with being a decent mother to many. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Ok, but why would she want to breed the dog? They don't need the money and she sure as hell doesn't need another distraction from her kids. 

I notice that Abbie mentions seeing so much "growth and deepening of integrity, conviction, and kindness" in Ezra but no mention of her personal growth as a mother. That's probably not an oversight. I'm positive that any improvement to the "rocky" situation came from Ezra, not Abbie. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Ok, but why would she want to breed the dog? They don't need the money and she sure as hell doesn't need another distraction from her kids. 

I notice that Abbie mentions seeing so much "growth and deepening of integrity, conviction, and kindness" in Ezra but no mention of her personal growth as a mother. That's probably not an oversight. I'm positive that any improvement to the "rocky" situation came from Ezra, not Abbie. 

Because puppies are great for Instagram. And she knows it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because puppies are great for Instagram. And she knows it. 

That's most likely the reason and its completely disgusting. What else can you expect from a person who treats her children like pets in a terrarium? 

• Upvote 12

Yuck. Yuck. I hate that she is breeding that dog. I'm fostering a backyard breeder puppy that was abandoned at my clinic. I'm not a big fan of dog breeding to begin with, but people that don't know what they are doing should NOT be doing it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Maybe Braggie can share tips with Sarah Maxwell. I don’t want anything to endanger Ruby’s health, but if only her vet could find a reason to make them spay her....

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic