IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

This is 8:25 EDST and no one is in bed ? but I’m not Abbie, it’s Labor Day weekend and we don’t care. 

*edit to add kids are not little

310FBD8B-A48C-498F-93D2-1A5FCD9CD072.thumb.jpeg.0f110ad14b6b4036e6fc30d8270ff4a7.jpeg

Edited by DancingPhalanges
  • Upvote 5

When my mom remarried in 1982(towards the end of my sophomore year of high school), my then-stepfather imposed a 9:30 pm bedtime on school nights which lasted until graduation, although previously, I had been allowed to stay up until 10.

• Angry 1
  • WTF 4

Sweet Rufus on a raft, Abbie is less than an hour away from me. She and her and crew are making a stop in S.F. before heading to Yosemite for a wedding. Shaun has made the trip for once and looks like he's being held hostage. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Sweet Rufus on a raft, Abbie is less than an hour away from me. She and her and crew are making a stop in S.F. before heading to Yosemite for a wedding. Shaun has made the trip for once and looks like he's being held hostage. 

She mentioned their plans to go to the MB Aquarium. I live on the Monterey Bay. Luckily I’m in Australia right now!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She mentioned their plans to go to the MB Aquarium. I live on the Monterey Bay. Luckily I’m in Australia right now!

I would love to observe Braggie in the wild. I’m pretty sure I know how it would go. Ezra always has Honor and Shawn constantly wears Shiloh. Braggie is the photographer. She is taking pictures left and right while checking them each time to make sure she got a good shot. She’s basically the photography director and the kids smile on command. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to observe Braggie in the wild. I’m pretty sure I know how it would go. Ezra always has Honor and Shawn constantly wears Shiloh. Braggie is the photographer. She is taking pictures left and right while checking them each time to make sure she got a good shot. She’s basically the photography director and the kids smile on command. 

Honestly, that's like half of CA. Sooper speshal self-absorbed helicopter parents are our specialty! 

It looks like Abbie and crew were at the Presidio where she takes time from vacation to lament that it cost $200 dollars to buy everyone ice cream. Number one, they can afford it. Number two, what does she expect at one of the most touristy spots in SF? Gimme a break. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3

16 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Honestly, that's like half of CA. Sooper speshal self-absorbed helicopter parents are our specialty! 

It looks like Abbie and crew were at the Presidio where she takes time from vacation to lament that it cost $200 dollars to buy everyone ice cream. Number one, they can afford it. Number two, what does she expect at one of the most touristy spots in SF? Gimme a break. 

Confession: I’ve never actually been to California and by the way you are talking, I don’t know if I ever want to visit! I’ve been out West a few times but that was only Arizona and Colorado. We know some people in California so we would have plenty of tour guides. But if it’s super expensive my tight ass might pucker a bit ?

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Confession: I’ve never actually been to California and by the way you are talking, I don’t know if I ever want to visit! I’ve been out West a few times but that was only Arizona and Colorado. We know some people in California so we would have plenty of tour guides. But if it’s super expensive my tight ass might pucker a bit ?

SF is crazy expensive, especially in the heavily trafficked areas. Not to mention the public defecation problem they are currently experiencing. I haven't been to the city in more than a decade for those reasons. The Bay Area in general and Silicon Valley are also places to avoid if you don't want to hang with the crunchy crowd.

But CA is a big state with so many beautiful places to see. You should definitely visit! I live more rurally and it's gorgeous at this time of year. The area where @SassyPants lives is amazing! I've never had a bad experience there but it is a pricey place to visit.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

SF is crazy expensive, especially in the heavily trafficked areas. Not to mention the public defecation problem they are currently experiencing. I haven't been to the city in more than a decade for those reasons. The Bay Area in general and Silicon Valley are also places to avoid if you don't want to hang with the crunchy crowd.

But CA is a big state with so many beautiful places to see. You should definitely visit! I live more rurally and it's gorgeous at this time of year. The area where @SassyPants lives is amazing! I've never had a bad experience there but it is a pricey place to visit.

Northern California has always sounded more my speed. But the people we know live in Southern California. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Northern California has always sounded more my speed. But the people we know live in Southern California. 

I've got family from L.A. to Arcata and I have to agree that northern CA has a slower pace and less people. L.A. is great for vacation because there is so much to do.  

• Upvote 4

I was hoping for a wild Braggie sighting this weekend, but alas it was not meant to be.

Instead I just spent my day enjoying this view:

image1.jpeg.86cff0527e253a282e6b9ff3983c903c.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 11

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But the people we know live in Southern California. 

Even near Disneyland, you can find "ordinary" restaurants like Denny's. The food at the Denny's in Anaheim cost more than at the Denny's in my home city, but it was still reasonable. I suppose food and treats for a mega-family are always going to be more expensive than for my family of 4, though. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Even near Disneyland, you can find "ordinary" restaurants like Denny's. The food at the Denny's in Anaheim cost more than at the Denny's in my home city, but it was still reasonable. I suppose food and treats for a mega-family are always going to be more expensive than for my family of 4, though. 

Braggie didn’t actually spend $200. She said if they all got a banana split like they wanted, it would have been $200. Three kids each shared a triple scoop ice cream. So I’m sure it was much cheaper. This post was just another way for her to brag about how thrifty she is. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

21 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I just took another look at her post. That's not the Presidio, that's Fisherman's Wharf, which means they probably got ice cream at Ghirardelli square. So yeah Braggie, ghirardelli ice cream at a major tourist location is gonna be expensive.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I just took another look at her post. That's not the Presidio, that's Fisherman's Wharf, which means they probably got ice cream at Ghirardelli square. So yeah Braggie, ghirardelli ice cream at a major tourist location is gonna be expensive.

Ha. Thanks. Shows how close I was paying attention. 

As an aside, when Baby Nova was still in grammar school we took her to Ghirardelli for ice cream and let her get a sundae that was bigger than her head. The look on her face when they brought it out was priceless. Mr Nova and I only got a single scoop of ice cream because we knew what would happen. Sure enough, BN ate about a third before giving up and letting us finish it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Ha. Thanks. Shows how close I was paying attention. 

As an aside, when Baby Nova was still in grammar school we took her to Ghirardelli for ice cream and let her get a sundae that was bigger than her head. The look on her face when they brought it out was priceless. Mr Nova and I only got a single scoop of ice cream because we knew what would happen. Sure enough, BN ate about a third before giving up and letting us finish it. 

My youngest drives me crazy when it comes to ice cream! I get him a single scoop every time and he still never finishes! I wish I could buy half a scoop! That would be the perfect size for him. I don’t eat after him because he’s one big germ factory. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

What doesn’t she take pictures of? If my husband and brother were cleaning up a mess, my very last thought would be to take a picture. Does she also take pictures of her family members flossing their teeth? Wtf?

C5E151FB-ACE5-40CD-9BD4-030A7D7FAB4E.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What doesn’t she take pictures of? If my husband and brother were cleaning up a mess, my very last thought would be to take a picture. Does she also take pictures of her family members flossing their teeth? Wtf?

C5E151FB-ACE5-40CD-9BD4-030A7D7FAB4E.jpeg

But penises...and women's work! 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

But penises...and women's work! 

Maybe I’m just pissy lately because I feel like my husband has been weaseling out of butt wiping and potty accidents. But this is completely normal for any person whether it is a mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle or even a childless person. It’s common sense to fucking wipe up a spill. Plus Braggie’s brother and Shawn knew damn well Braggie wasn’t about to get up and clean it. She’s the photographer. She must take pictures above everything else. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe I’m just pissy lately because I feel like my husband has been weaseling out of butt wiping and potty accidents. But this is completely normal for any person whether it is a mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle or even a childless person. It’s common sense to fucking wipe up a spill. Plus Braggie’s brother and Shawn knew damn well Braggie wasn’t about to get up and clean it. She’s the photographer. She must take pictures above everything else. 

We all know it would have been Ezra’s job.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe I’m just pissy lately because I feel like my husband has been weaseling out of butt wiping and potty accidents. 

Ok, so Baby Nova is a grown woman so no butts to wipe but Mr Nova doesn't help clean up after the cats. The unwritten rule is the first to see cat yak or a stray turd chunk is the one to clean it up. Guess who neeeevvver happens to see it first? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2019 at 12:11 AM, TuringMachine said:

I was hoping for a wild Braggie sighting this weekend, but alas it was not meant to be.

Instead I just spent my day enjoying this view:

image1.jpeg.86cff0527e253a282e6b9ff3983c903c.jpeg

That's my home. I love the Marin headlands.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Ok, so Baby Nova is a grown woman so no butts to wipe but Mr Nova doesn't help clean up after the cats. The unwritten rule is the first to see cat yak or a stray turd chunk is the one to clean it up. Guess who neeeevvver happens to see it first? 

Oh man, Mr. Smittykins was exactly the same way.  I remember him waking me at 4:30 am to tell me that our cat’s water dish was empty.  To this day, I regret saying “Then fill it!”  As it turned out, not only was it not empty, there was enough water to ensure that her chances of dying of dehydration between then and 6 o’clock(when I normally got up)were...exactly zero.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

On 9/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, SuperNova said:

I've got family from L.A. to Arcata and I have to agree that northern CA has a slower pace and less people. L.A. is great for vacation because there is so much to do.  

I live in Northern California and my policy has always been to only live in places where the elevation exceeds the population.  ?️ :Mexinoes::mornincoffee:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, smittykins said:

Oh man, Mr. Smittykins was exactly the same way.  I remember him waking me at 4:30 am to tell me that our cat’s water dish was empty.  To this day, I regret saying “Then fill it!”  As it turned out, not only was it not empty, there was enough water to ensure that her chances of dying of dehydration between then and 6 o’clock(when I normally got up)were...exactly zero.

Mr Xtian was the same. Cat gak, hairballs, etc. Nope. He'd bitch that the litter box didn't smell good but wouldn't lift a finger. My felines are VERY vocal when they think there's not enough food or water in their bowls. He'd just fuss about them howling and yowling instead of getting up. (this was LONG before he had cancer)

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic