IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

@feministxtian, I looked so horrible when I was born (cranial molding, bruising from the forceps, long stringy hair) that my mother’s first thought was, “We’ll buy a farm out in the country and move there so no one can stare at her!” (assuming I had some horrible disability). In the ‘50s, it seems no one bothered warning new moms what newborns would look like. The doctor who delivered me got called in from a party and was wearing a tux when he arrived. Later, at home, the family doctor visited and said, “What did they do, deliver her with a [expletive] shovel?” 

I am pleased to report that I soon looked perfectly normal and have no disabilities other than flakiness.

• Haha 11
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, Hane said:

@feministxtian, I looked so horrible when I was born (cranial molding, bruising from the forceps, long stringy hair) that my mother’s first thought was, “We’ll buy a farm out in the country and move there so no one can stare at her!” (assuming I had some horrible disability). In the ‘50s, it seems no one bothered warning new moms what newborns would look like. The doctor who delivered me got called in from a party and was wearing a tux when he arrived. Later, at home, the family doctor visited and said, “What did they do, deliver her with a [expletive] shovel?” 

I am pleased to report that I soon looked perfectly normal and have no disabilities other than flakiness.

My dad wasn’t warned about babies and he thought there was something seriously wrong with my sister when she was born covered in vernix. He thought she looked gray and sick. Poor guy thought she would die. He was more prepared when I was born. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

When my son was born (both very premature and very growth restricted) I honestly had no idea what to expect. And then I saw him when they held him up and I thought "he's perfect. He'd probably fit in one of the obstetrican's hands, but I'm glad he's holding him in two."

He looked like a tiny, dark brick red,  absolutely no body fat baby with a giant head. As he's grown he's gone through stages of looking more like one of us - both his sets of grandparents think he looks like their side of family more, so he's doing some strange genetic mixing there!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

I can't stop giggling...after I pointed out here that her pothos was not ivy, she went out and bought an actual ivy and took a picture of it.  Hi, Braggie!  :dance:

It's so telling that the FIRST thing she always lists when talking about her kids is how exasperating and annoying they are.  And then...of COURSE they have wonderful moments too.  But exasperating comes first.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

Her most recent bathroom selfie looks like the Bride of Frankenstein.  NOT a flattering 'do.  

• Sad 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Her most recent bathroom selfie looks like the Bride of Frankenstein.  NOT a flattering 'do.  

For some reason she is drawn to the “bathroom” selfie. Think it’s the big mirrors? And a public BR, too-

• Upvote 3

On 8/17/2019 at 4:01 PM, Ozlsn said:

When my son was born (both very premature and very growth restricted) I honestly had no idea what to expect. And then I saw him when they held him up and I thought "he's perfect. He'd probably fit in one of the obstetrican's hands, but I'm glad he's holding him in two."

He looked like a tiny, dark brick red,  absolutely no body fat baby with a giant head. As he's grown he's gone through stages of looking more like one of us - both his sets of grandparents think he looks like their side of family more, so he's doing some strange genetic mixing there!

My son was the same- very preemie, very growth restricted, and he looked like a fuzzy brick! He had hair everywhere, this light blond fuzz. I remember looking at him in the NICU and thinking that would be what he looked like as an old man. Now, he's a very good looking guy, with green eyes and blond hair, but damned if he doesn't look exactly like my dad did when he was my son's age. Alas, he seems to have inherited my dad's adrenaline junkie tendencies as well.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

The accompanying text was no better. She's in full martyr mommy mode because she had to *gasp!* deal with her children in the middle of the night and then still get up and go to work! She makes sure to tell us that she's up extra early to work out. It wouldn't have been Abbie without a brag thrown in.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Today’s IG post...she.is.a.psycho. 

She really needs to spend more time with a licensed therapist (not some crappy Christian counselor) and less time on instagram. It’s so obvious that I can believe she has any humpers. Who wants to be like Braggie? She’s insufferable. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Today’s IG post...she.is.a.psycho. 

I had to zoom in on the picture to try to understand what it was that had so infuriated her. She’s just the worst.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

2 minutes ago, Sairrr said:

I had to zoom in on the picture to try to understand what it was that had so infuriated her. She’s just the worst.

I also zoomed in to spy what was putting her over the flipping edge. She has no business having all those kids.

• Upvote 6

Rufus H Reindeer. Why does she even bother giving stuff to her kids?  She doesn’t want them touching or using or moving the things they have. I thought it was charming, and never would have thought it was a “mess” if Dipshit Braggie hadn’t called it that. Screw you, Abbie. 

• Upvote 7

And her IG today, yowza. FTR, I would never comment directly to her in any way or on any of her platforms. I was thinking about this earlier today. If I had a houseful of little kids, I’d be far more concerned with the ingredients being used by the pest control company inside my home, than I would be about what the person spraying my house thought about the shape of my kids’ bedrooms or the collection of items on the dresser. I can not imagine being so narcissistic to think that a worker coming into my home to provide a service such as this would give one fig about what my pre-schooler had collected and placed on his dresser. LOOK AT ME, not.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I can not imagine being so narcissistic to think that a worker coming into my home to provide a service such as this would give one fig about what my pre-schooler had collected and placed on his dresser. LOOK AT ME, not.

this part a thousand times over.  we've been having a lot of electrical work done over the past month, and when the guys come in to do the work, my biggest concern is getting the cat shit out of the litter box and the laundry out of sight (who wants to see their clients' dirty underwear?).  i wash the dishes so they don't think i'm gross, but i don't give a rat's ass about the arts and crafts on the table or the basket of junk mail on the living room floor.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And her IG today, yowza. FTR, I would never comment directly to her in any way or on any of her platforms. I was thinking about this earlier today. If I had a houseful of little kids, I’d be far more concerned with the ingredients being used by the pest control company inside my home, than I would be about what the person spraying my house thought about the shape of my kids’ bedrooms or the collection of items on the dresser. I can not imagine being so narcissistic to think that a worker coming into my home to provide a service such as this would give one fig about what my pre-schooler had collected and placed on his dresser. LOOK AT ME, not.

We use a more natural pest control company but ours only sprays on the outside of our house. When she posted, I did wonder what kind of chemicals they are using on their gigantic house. There must be so many places for bugs to hide in that place. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There must be so many places for bugs to hide in that place. 

Yup.  I have lived in rural East Texas, for a four-year stretch.  Among many other creepies that get in the house, scorpions and those giant tree-roaches are the most memorable.  The roaches are just inevitable - especially when it's dry, they come in looking for water.  I would just catch them in a big plastic cup and throw them out to the chickens.  

Edited by danvillebelle
typos
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3

holy hell! quote,  ", I felt a n g r y. It felt personal. Like, seriously, kid? I don't have time to return each one of these random, unnecessary objects to the places you felt compelled to gather them from to create this nonsense. "

First: I don't see anything wrong with those toys on the shelf either, looks like something Ikea would stage .

Second: ad "random unnecessary objects" Stones in glass houses Braggie... with all the random shit you own.image.png.a6899290337a4661c0686a327e05192f.png

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

The items aren't unnecessary. They were needed to create his sculpture/invention. I like a clean house, and I spend a lot of time putting away clutter...but what is there to be angry about in this picture? How can you take something like this personally? It's not even as though the items were on the floor...they are neatly contained to a shelf. 

Girl needs a therapist, asap. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

How can she even write this kind of stuff? How can people read this and not cringe? 

DB82A78C-BB13-40BC-AC04-68FC11A67158.jpeg

The thing is, Abbie is despicable. She should absolutely stop having children that she clearly doesn't enjoy. 

She raged over a little pile of toys and blamed it on being hungry. Then she blithely forgives herself because Jesus. No introspection, no self assessment, just Jesus. Abbie also credits Jesus with making sure no children were in the room. It wasn't Jesus that made them conspicuously absent. Those poor kids are well aware of their mother's rage know when to stay away.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

I saw the comment she’s talking about before she deleted it and she is paraphrasing it very poorly (not surprised). Interestingly, it didn’t say anything about her kids not having normal childhoods but rather something along the lines of feeling bad for the children that they can’t be kids without enraging her. 

I can’t understand how she can be such an awful person to everyone around her (which is primarily the kids) but it’s totally okay because Jesus. Your kids are internalizing every horrible thing you say/do to them because Jesus doesn’t erase their memories even if you believe he erases your “sin”.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

image.png.a6899290337a4661c0686a327e05192f.png

At first, I thought she said, “I probably needed a smack,” and, for the first time, I agreed with her!

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

holy hell! quote,  ", I felt a n g r y. It felt personal. Like, seriously, kid? I don't have time to return each one of these random, unnecessary objects to the places you felt compelled to gather them from to create this nonsense. "

First: I don't see anything wrong with those toys on the shelf either, looks like something Ikea would stage .

Second: ad "random unnecessary objects" Stones in glass houses Braggie... with all the random shit you own.image.png.a6899290337a4661c0686a327e05192f.png

Jeez; that's way neater than either of my kids' rooms EVER were.  Woman has issues.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

I love when my daughter makes what Abby calls "junk sculptures." How heartless for her to refer to something that sprang from her child's imagination as "nonsense."

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic