IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

LOL! ? That is exactly how I act anytime I come across her Instagram!

I would actually vote her as the worst of the worst. She doesn’t like and seemingly spends as little time engaging with her kids individually as any other mom represented on FJ. She’s a narcissist who is looking for atta girls. She is pretentious and a user. Her voice is absolutely the worst for me, like fingernails on a chalkboard. There,  I said it and I’ll own it. 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My own kids are similar in age to your kids. I  was a PT working mom, so they went to the evil daycare center 3 days a week which provided plenty of stimulation. My kids knew that mama did  not play. When she was home, Mama had chores to do. They kept themselves occupied. 

I don’t often play much with my kids but I often have to give them ideas. But we do things together like take walks, go to the playground (I watch them play), and read books. Right now one child is digging in my yard. It’s mostly dirt thanks to his constant digging. The other child is playing with the neighbors. I’m still interacting with my dirt child even though I’m not playing with him. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Dear god Abbie we get it, you’re buff AF and skinny and hot but
How M O D E S T is it to post PICTURES OF YOUR ABS on Instagram?
Cuz I’m thinking not very.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Mr Dancing is bringing home wine, pizza and Pralines N’ Cream ice cream in just a bit. That’s as clean eating as it’s getting here. TGIF FJ, cheers.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, bea said:

Dear god Abbie we get it, you’re buff AF and skinny and hot but
How M O D E S T is it to post PICTURES OF YOUR ABS on Instagram?
Cuz I’m thinking not very.

Only in her mind could posting belly pictures on the www be construed as the action of a modest person!

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They had a date night like every Thursday of their lives. Thanks Braggie’s mom for being a more present parent than their own father. Braggie is such a trend chaser. They went fucking ax throwing. If something is trendy, Braggie has to immediately do it, take perfect pictures of the activity, and then post them on Instagram for everyone to fawn all over. I’ve never been a trend chaser. Just because it’s a trend doesn’t make it good. Or fun.

Some of the best dates I had with Mr wrangler involved sitting on park bench eating sandwiches while the kids were at school/daycare. Just being able to spend an hour or so together was all we wanted.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 11

Braggie posted a church picture with just the three youngest since the older kids were with her in laws. I’m glad her in laws aren’t willing to take all of them like Braggie’s mom. Those older kids need time off from being constant babysitters, cooks, and cleaners for Braggie. I bet it’s hard for her to deal with the youngest three without any help. And it should Be. 

• Upvote 6

Why have all those kids when you rarely care for them and cover all their activities via your own volition?

By own I’m referring to the S and A parental unit!!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Why have all those kids when you rarely care for them and cover all their activities via your own volition?

By own I’m referring to the S and A parental unit!!

It’s funny because she likely thinks public school and daycare are “paying other people to raise your kids.” I’ve heard other holier than thou types say the same sort of thing. Braggie would never write that out online because she knows she would get tons of hate. But for someone so obsessed with homeschooling her kids, she really doesn’t spend much time with them. I’m convinced she would have been a much happier and better mom if she stopped at 3 kids, worked a full time job, and sent her kids to public school. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

Abbie does not express super advanced logical reasoning, so hypocrisy abounds.

I recently read her blog posts where she explains why they are opposed to birth control. It's almost entirely centered around her belief (that she seems to have come to on her own, not one she was taught) that limiting your children is trying to control God and that's going against the Bible. Your will should be sacrificed and God's will accepted through zero pregnancy prevention.

Of course, the whole theory falls apart immediately.

Why, then, is it okay to make any choices? Why should Shaun have gone to school or applied for his job? Why not wait for someone to come up to your door and say "God told me to offer to buy your house" before you put it on the market? Sure, you can say God led you to those choices, but why then can you not accept that most people feel led, by conscience or by prudence, to plan their family size and timing deliberately? We make millions of choices each year. Abbie spends more time deliberately organizing her children in front of that front door and selecting an instagram filter than she does deliberately considering conception. But for some reason, giving up control to God only matter with babies.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I find it interesting that most of her  kids are almost exactly 2 years apart. I would think that occasionally there would be a shorter gap for a young couple who claim to be leaving it up to God, yet also proclaim that they are “just doing our thing.” So which is it, leaving it up to God or doing their own thing? 

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie posted a church picture with just the three youngest since the older kids were with her in laws. I’m glad her in laws aren’t willing to take all of them like Braggie’s mom. Those older kids need time off from being constant babysitters, cooks, and cleaners for Braggie. I bet it’s hard for her to deal with the youngest three without any help. And it should Be. 

She did the math wrong in the caption. She says that 60% of them are missing, but the 5 people in the photo would be 40% of 12.5, not 10; they have 8 kids, right?  So 50% of the family are away. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, catlady said:

She did the math wrong in the caption. She says that 60% of them are missing, but the 5 people in the photo would be 40% of 12.5, not 10; they have 8 kids, right?  So 50% of the family are away. 

Is it possible she meant 60% of the kids were missing? 5 out of 8 kids is 62.5%.  A bit off, but close enough.

• Upvote 1

Braggie letting us know how much better homeschool kids are compared to Public and Private school kids. She’s an asshole.

F95D756E-143E-423A-BDB6-66DFEEE17E72.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

Is it possible she meant 60% of the kids were missing? 5 out of 8 kids is 62.5%.  A bit off, but close enough.

She might have meant the kids only, and i’d give her the leeway on rounding, but it was “60% of *us*” that confused me.  I even thought one of the kids in the photo might be a friend, but she didn’t say.  So it’s either a math fail or a grammar fail. :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Braggie was homeschooled right? I hardly think she's an example of a well-rounded, properly socialized adult.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Also like... her kids go to a co-op. They’re basically in school, just a slightly non-traditional one where sometimes they go to co-op to learn subjects and sometimes they stay at home to learn from mom. Her kids have non parental teachers and classmates and sit in classes! Her kids are no different than Montessori kids or private Christian school kids imo. I don’t really feel like she can be up on her high horse about the benefits of homeschooling when she basically just sends her kids to a non-traditional private school. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

16 hours ago, theotherelise said:

But for some reason, giving up control to God only matter with babies

Oh I'm pretty sure the giving up control is less about babies and more about women's bodies. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Without fail, she manages to work in her age 19 college graduation/teaching high school kids basically the same age as her. It's amazing how often she works that casual brag into posts. And now casually makes sure she mentions that she teaches high school Spanish at their co op. Frequently mentions it. Like, whenever she can find a way to drop it into a post or comment. 

She could tell the story or share her opinion without reminding us of her superior intellect. They add nothing to the point she's trying to make. I sincerely do wonder if she ever has a little time of introspection/self awareness and exams her motives for including that information in her posts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Off the Rails said:

Without fail, she manages to work in her age 19 college graduation/teaching high school kids basically the same age as her. It's amazing how often she works that casual brag into posts. And now casually makes sure she mentions that she teaches high school Spanish at their co op. Frequently mentions it. Like, whenever she can find a way to drop it into a post or comment. 

She could tell the story or share her opinion without reminding us of her superior intellect. They add nothing to the point she's trying to make. I sincerely do wonder if she ever has a little time of introspection/self awareness and exams her motives for including that information in her posts. 

That’s why we call her Braggie! She can’t ever make a post without Bragging! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

"...I was "socialized" to adapt my behavior accordingly."

No Abbie, you weren't. This entire post is an example of Abbie's lack of socialization. She doesn't understand how to word her accomplishments without sounding like a bragging asshole. She's lamented in the past about her lack of friends and its easy to see why. No one wants to be around a person that does this and Abbie seems incapable of understanding that her behavior is insufferable.

My daughter was an excelled learner and we chose not to let her skip grades twice because she needed to mature. She was still doing advanced lessons but in an age appropriate setting. Excelled learners who are moved ahead quickly can miss out on important peer interactions that are critical to social development. I think that Abbie would have greatly benefited from public school for the same reason. Given her personality, peer interaction would have helped tone down the intense narcissism. She may not have changed internally but at least she would have had the opportunity to learn that her shitty bragging is socially unacceptable.

*I'm not making a case for public school or homeschool. I just think that Abbie specifically would have benefited from a public school setting.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

She doesn't understand how to word her accomplishments without sounding like a bragging asshole

Or a tween trying to impress someone.  RAD!  RAD!  :deadhorse:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Or a tween trying to impress someone.  RAD!  RAD!  :deadhorse:

I’m always surprised when I remember Braggie and I are similar in age. She comes off younger. And you’re right that she almost sounds like a tween or young teen trying so hard to impress the popular kids. None of my same age friends sound like her on social media. 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m always surprised when I remember Braggie and I are similar in age. 

How old is Abbie? I know we've discussed it before but I've forgotten.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic