IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

8 hours ago, JesusHDuggar said:

The hashtags are...YIKES

It wouldn’t make me cringe as hard if she wasn’t fundie. But arranged marriages are a possibility. And knowing Braggie, she would likely pick the family with the most money and status. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Me every time Braggie says "rad" or "my kids are a sanctifying tool for ME" :

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Holy crap that Simon post. “My work here is done!” Yeah, no shit Braggie. And those hashtags... oh my god. That’s not cute or funny.

• Upvote 8

Abbie: "These 8 souls are the most frustrating humans I know (their daddy doesn't frustrate me). They bring to light the sin that's easy to hide when you aren't being asked to die to yourself on a constant basis--my selfishness, my pride, my laziness, my complacency--and they show me how much I need Jesus."

Of course Shaun doesn't frustrate Abbie, he's never around to be frustrated with.

Who but Abbie would publicly talk about their children this way? She treats her kids like they are an unasked for cross to bear. Like they exsist to teach her life lessons. Abbie views her children through a very small prism that renders her incapable of seeing them as independent, autonomous beings. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 15
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Who but Abbie would publicly talk about their children this way? She treats her kids like they are an unasked for cross to bear. Like they exsist to teach her life lessons. Abbie views her children through a very small prism that renders her incapable of seeing them as independent, autonomous beings. 

That is 100% how she sees her kids, especially the twins. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I get kids being the most frustrating people you know...heaven knows mine frustrated the shit out of me (and occasionally still do)...however, unlike Braggie, I knew then that the frustration comes from essentially getting to know the personalities that are growing in them, the changes in them over time, and the knowledge that these little people are no less frustrated with themselves much of the time because their desires often exceed their abilities. 

My kids brought to light that I'd birthed 3 kids who were JUST LIKE ME...and living with 3 copies of myself was frustrating as shit. They did point out my shortcomings and flaws for that very reason...but damn! The upside of that is they are quite hard-headed, are determined, not easily swayed and independent af (well...#1 son and I are currently discussing mortgage rates, he's buying his first house). I don't see Braggie having that kind of relationship with her adult kids...I'm unbelievably thankful to know my kids STILL want to discuss things with mom, get advice from mom, and actually think mom might know a thing or 2 about stuff. 

I see Braggie's kids telling her to fuck off somewhere between the ages of 18-22. 

PS...have I reminded y'all lately how much I love my kids???? Yeah, they're royal PITAs at times but they are fantastic human beings...and I got to grow 'em!

Edited by feministxtian
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I see Braggie's kids telling her to fuck off somewhere between the ages of 18-22. 

Yup.

I am close with a young lady who grew up with an overbearing mother who sees her kids as Christian pets to raise and show off.  Very strict upbringing, constant punishment, no grace.  

She moved out THE DAY she turned 18.  I shit you not.  She is enjoying her first summer in tank tops, crop tops and short-shorts because she was never allowed to wear what she wanted.  She's finding herself slowly but surely and it's nice to see.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 9

Just now, MomKB said:

How many front door pictures of her and the kids does she need? LOL

I’ve thought the same thing myself; I know they’re wearing different clothes and the kids are (probably?) in different spots, but I can’t tell any of them apart.  I do follow her insta, but I scroll past these group shots because they’ve gotten boring.  

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, catlady said:

I’ve thought the same thing myself; I know they’re wearing different clothes and the kids are (probably?) in different spots, but I can’t tell any of them apart.  I do follow her insta, but I scroll past these group shots because they’ve gotten boring.  

There's plenty of repetition to the positioning too. Abby in the middle, usually holding onto Theo (who I'm guessing doesn't like to stand still for the pictures), the twins next to each other matching, and one of the older boys balancing Shiloh on his hip.

• Upvote 4

Another large family that seemingly uses paper plates. God they are doing everything they can to kill our planet. Too many kids to use non disposable dishes, here’s your sign!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

I guess Abby got herself a trainer for her and her husband. Apparently, she says she is upset she isn’t losing baby weight like she used to.

If that screws with your mind mentally then WHY do you keep getting pregnant?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 10

They had a date night like every Thursday of their lives. Thanks Braggie’s mom for being a more present parent than their own father. Braggie is such a trend chaser. They went fucking ax throwing. If something is trendy, Braggie has to immediately do it, take perfect pictures of the activity, and then post them on Instagram for everyone to fawn all over. I’ve never been a trend chaser. Just because it’s a trend doesn’t make it good. Or fun.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They had a date night like every Thursday of their lives. Thanks Braggie’s mom for being a more present parent than their own father. Braggie is such a trend chaser. They went fucking ax throwing. If something is trendy, Braggie has to immediately do it, take perfect pictures of the activity, and then post them on Instagram for everyone to fawn all over. I’ve never been a trend chaser. Just because it’s a trend doesn’t make it good. Or fun.

My wardrobe and "hairstyle" make it quite clear that I wouldn't know "trendy" if it sat on my lap. My house furnishings also make it quite clear. But, an introverted nerd isn't really interested in or aware of "trendy". 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So ax throwing is thing now for date night? I live under a rock... it's not that I don't like certain trends and love to follow them, I'm just always late to the party.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

So ax throwing is thing now for date night? I live under a rock... it's not that I don't like certain trends and love to follow them, I'm just always late to the party.

Yes, ax throwing is kind of a hipster trend that’s probably going to die out pretty quickly when people realize it’s not that fun. I would rather take an archery class. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

So can you take a 4, and 2 YOs and a baby axe throwing? If not is  GM watching all the kids now? If so, these 2 need to stop having kids. You make, then you take care of them, and stop acting like everyone else is interested..either that or stop having kids. If “your thing” involves baby after baby, step up and make YOUR kids YOUR THING!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So can you take a 4, and 2 YOs and a baby axe throwing? If not is  GM watching all the kids now? If so, these 2 need to stop having kids. You make, then you take care of them, and stop acting like everyone else is interested..either that or stop having kids. If “your thing” involves baby after baby, step up and make YOUR kids YOUR THING!

When the baby was born, grandma took all 7 of the older ones for a few days. So we know she can handle all 7. Most likely because she has the help of Ezra. It’s possible she picked up Shiloh after the date and left the other ones to stay with grandma like many other Thursday nights. 

I wish I had a mother that wanted to watch my kids overnight. But she prefers to just watch them during the day if possible. And I only have TWO! But my mom raised her kids. I don’t expect her to raise mine as well. Unlike Braggie. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Another large family that seemingly uses paper plates. God they are doing everything they can to kill our planet. Too many kids to use non disposable dishes, here’s your sign!

I really don't get this. Surely a dishwasher has to be cheaper in the long run? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I really don't get this. Surely a dishwasher has to be cheaper in the long run? 

They have 2 dishwashers, but now that she’s eating 5-6 Xs a day...

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When the baby was born, grandma took all 7 of the older ones for a few days. So we know she can handle all 7. Most likely because she has the help of Ezra. It’s possible she picked up Shiloh after the date and left the other ones to stay with grandma like many other Thursday nights. 

I wish I had a mother that wanted to watch my kids overnight. But she prefers to just watch them during the day if possible. And I only have TWO! But my mom raised her kids. I don’t expect her to raise mine as well. Unlike Braggie. 

Currently I am caring for my 1 grandchild, FT, solo, for 2 weeks. She’s at my home about a 90 minute drive from her own home. My daughter returned to work last week and my kindergarten doesn’t begin for another week. 1 kid + a dog is a lot for a 60+ YO. We literally are in bed and asleep by 830 each night. I can’t imagine 7 or 8 kids. I swear a 5 YO has an attention span of 15 minutes, tops- so in12 hours time that’s 48 activities in a day..and the parents don’t want electronics? R-I-G-H-T, impossible.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

They have 2 dishwashers, but now that she’s eating 5-6 Xs a day...

Currently I am caring for my 1 grandchild, FT, solo, for 2 weeks. She’s at my home about a 90 minute drive from her own home. My daughter returned to work last week and my kindergarten doesn’t begin for another week. 1 kid + a dog is a lot for a 60+ YO. We literally are in bed and asleep by 830 each night. I can’t imagine 7 or 8 kids. I swear a 5 YO has an attention span of 15 minutes, tops- so in12 hours time that’s 48 activities in a day..and the parents don’t want electronics? R-I-G-H-T, impossible.

I think a lot of fundie moms of many rarely even interact with their children. I have two kids and I complain to my husband that they expect us to be cruise directors of their lives. Constantly interacting with them and entertaining them. We read books, play legos, go places, play outside, go for walks, color, and so much more. But I imagine parents like Kelly, Michelle, and Braggie almost never play with their kids. And they likely don’t even have conversations outside of bible time or “schooling.” The kids likely entertain themselves the vast majority of the time. 

So while you are doing 48 activities with your grand child, Braggie is maybe doing 1. And taking a billion pictures to post on Instagram.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I was never the "cruise director" when my kids were on summer vacation...their instructions for the day went something like this:

1. clean up your room, make your bed

2. have breakfast

3. go find something creative to do that does not involve bothering me. To be fair, we lived out in the country at the time and the kids were perfectly safe roaming around. The smaller ones were confined to the yard (1/2 acre lot) and the bigger ones took off to meet their friends down the road to go do whatever. 

4. dinner, tv watching, baths and bed. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I was never the "cruise director" when my kids were on summer vacation...their instructions for the day went something like this:

1. clean up your room, make your bed

2. have breakfast

3. go find something creative to do that does not involve bothering me. To be fair, we lived out in the country at the time and the kids were perfectly safe roaming around. The smaller ones were confined to the yard (1/2 acre lot) and the bigger ones took off to meet their friends down the road to go do whatever. 

4. dinner, tv watching, baths and bed. 

My own kids are similar in age to your kids. I  was a PT working mom, so they went to the evil daycare center 3 days a week which provided plenty of stimulation. My kids knew that mama did  not play. When she was home, Mama had chores to do. They kept themselves occupied. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/29/2019 at 8:07 AM, danvillebelle said:

Me every time Braggie says "rad" or "my kids are a sanctifying tool for ME" :

LOL! ? That is exactly how I act anytime I come across her Instagram!

Edited by luv2laugh

• Coconut Flan locked this topic