IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Why do people whose life mission it seems is to have mega numbers of kids always want to drone on about the things people say to them  in public?

Abbie answers that for you:

"I have no doubt, in our culture of victimization, that I could easily get a boatload of, "Yas, girls" and likes were I to express my outrage at any one of the "insensitive" comments I heard as all 9 of us traipsed around Dallas last week....Here's the thing: outrage sells."

She's expressing outrage but trying to make it look like shes taking the moral high ground. Abbie is such an asshole. 

I DO remember the precious African-American mama whose face lit up as she counted us passing on our way to the movie theater in the mall and who chased us down to tell me that she'd had 6 of her own and how she loved big families. Did I know how blessed I was? (I assured her I did). And the meticulously dressed older saleperson at Anthropologie who saw me weaving precariously between the pretty, breakable displays with my crew and exclaimed more than once in delight what a beautiful sight we were. 

To the bolded: how is it in any way relevant to the story that the "precious mama" was African-American? Or that the "meticulously dressed" salesperson was older? It makes me very uncomfortable that Abbie has no problem boxing people up and labelling them for the purpose of telling a story that benefits her. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie answers that for you:

"I have no doubt, in our culture of victimization, that I could easily get a boatload of, "Yas, girls" and likes were I to express my outrage at any one of the "insensitive" comments I heard as all 9 of us traipsed around Dallas last week....Here's the thing: outrage sells."

She's expressing outrage but trying to make it look like shes taking the moral high ground. Abbie is such an asshole. 

To the bolded: how is it in any way relevant to the story that the "precious mama" was African-American? Or that the "meticulously dressed" salesperson was older? It makes me very uncomfortable that Abbie has no problem boxing people up and labelling them for the purpose of telling a story that benefits her. 

I also thought the descriptors were completely odd. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

To the bolded: how is it in any way relevant to the story that the "precious mama" was African-American?

Clearly her race was important to Abbie.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

BFD to Braggie...when I lived in IN (and was married to the X), big families (4+ kids) were pretty much the norm. My 5 (3 bio/2 steps) were just a nice sized family. There were less than 8 years between youngest and oldest and yes, they could be a handful. BUT...comments were few and far between. The most common one was when we were going to go for another one to even it up to 3 girls and 3 boys (we had 3 girls, 2 boys). That was good for some eye-rolling since I'd gotten fixed after the last one. 

• Upvote 6

Her race descriptor was vile. We're a transracial family, so I admit that this is a sensitive spot for me, but I find it disgusting when people have to point out that it's a black person in their story. Do you point out every time there's a white woman in your story?  

And it just felt so condescending that she called her a "precious mama". 

Gross. I hope she reads here. I hope someone points it out in the comments on her IG. I hope she realizes how weird that was to write and feels ashamed of herself. 

I don't think I've been offended by anything she's written as much as I am by this. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Off the Rails said:

Her race descriptor was vile. We're a transracial family, so I admit that this is a sensitive spot for me, but I find it disgusting when people have to point out that it's a black person in their story. Do you point out every time there's a white woman in your story?  

And it just felt so condescending that she called her a "precious mama". 

Gross. I hope she reads here. I hope someone points it out in the comments on her IG. I hope she realizes how weird that was to write and feels ashamed of herself. 

I don't think I've been offended by anything she's written as much as I am by this. 

Thank you. Condescending is the perfect word. 

Everything about Abbie is repellent to me and I thought that I was possibly overreacting.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I can't decide if she and the horrible things she writes under her post on a nearly daily basis are getting worse or if I'm just absolutely over her and disgusted by her and that's why I might be a tad sensitive.

• Upvote 7

Guys, I’ve always thought Braggie was a racist. In her old blog, she used the word “ghetto” to describe her wardrobe. In an early blog post on the MisForMama blog, she also used the word “ghetto” to describe a DIY project.

Describing the woman as a “precious African American” had nothing to do with her story. I felt it was racist of her to include it. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I will preface this with my love of these bunk beds. I think they are practical and fun. Which are two things right up my alley. 

However I can’t help but be bothered by Braggie’s obsession with her home and making Shawn do all of it. She already said Shawn was gone all this week. He’s been gone so much on business trips. The guy has 8 kids. He needs to be able to spend quality time with each of them on a regular basis. But when he’s home, Braggie forces all of these projects on him because she wants the perfect Pinterest home to post about on Instagram. She complains about her father never being home when she was growing up because he had to work long hours so her mom could stay home. Yet she’s doing the same thing to her own children! 

My idea: buy some used bunk beds for your kids so they can spend more time with their father. She always manages to find alone time to spend with Shawn but she doesn’t seem to care if her kids do. 

DABA7ADF-F2D3-4848-9D6B-7588343FD9BE.jpeg

• Upvote 5

She mentions in the comments that he didn't build these, though I think your point still stands.

Can we talk about how she's on her 8th kid and doesn't have a baby gate for the stairs? But her kids had to make a makeshift one for other people's toddlers? 

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, TuringMachine said:

She mentions in the comments that he didn't build these, though I think your point still stands.

Can we talk about how she's on her 8th kid and doesn't have a baby gate for the stairs? But her kids had to make a makeshift one for other people's toddlers? 

Thank you! I just assumed she forced Shawn to do it since she’s forced him to do so much of the house. I imagine she paid a decent amount of money for those beds. 

• Upvote 1

I assume those beds are custom built.  Shaun really must make bank. Although with 8 children now it doesn't go nearly as far as when there were 5.  I wonder if he will get a secret vasectomy to stop her baby rabies.

Edited to add:  I know someone who had the secret snip after his wife had 3 oopsies after they have agreed to stop at 4.  I did ask him what took him so long. And yes they were fundie

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I assume those beds are custom built.  Shaun really must make bank. Although with 8 children now it doesn't go nearly as far as when there were 5.  I wonder if he will get a secret vasectomy to stop her baby rabies.

Edited to add:  I know someone who had the secret snip after his wife had 3 oopsies after they have agreed to stop at 4.  I did ask him what took him so long. And yes they were fundie

I feel like after the second "oopsie," it's no longer an "oopsie" situation. 

• I Agree 11

Why the fuck did her kids spend two years sleeping on mattresses on the floor? You mean to tell me that at no point in the last two years she wasn't able to find the time or resources to get some bed frames? Abbie and Shaun sure as hell aren't sleeping on the floor. She's spent hours and hours prioritizing stupid, pointless shit like wallpapering her closet and choosing vintage rugs and all the while her children were sleeping on the floor. It's inexcusable. 

I don't use the word hate very often and almost never use it toward people but I'm creeping that way with Abbie.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 15

I fully admit that my bed and box spring are currently on the floor. And I know quite a few people who put mattresss on the floor for their young kids because if they roll off the bed it’s no big deal. Plus it takes up less room. So I’m cool with decent mattresses on the floor (key word decent). 

However I’m annoyed that Braggie, Princess Pinterest of Fundieland allowed her boys to sleep on mattresses for so long. She makes her house so picture perfect and then just lets her boys sleep on mattresses on the floor. It’s just crappy imo.

Now I know why I can’t remember any pictures of the boys’ room until now. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I feel like she's posted photos of the girls room a while back saying the girls 'liked' their beds on the floor. I may be wrong though?

19 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I dont personally think baby gates are needed, some parents just teach young kids safe ways to come down the stairs and I think big brother daddy, might be able to help them. I know quite a few families who due to renting, stair design or choice has not used them and some of those kids treated stairs more carefully then, some parents who did use them, but always walked the child by the hand down, sometimes letting them learn is better. But of course we know it's because stair gates don't look fashionable, she doesn't have them, so no points to her, but again, not having them isn't always bad.

She didn't care what the boys room looked like, so why bother with beds, till you get photo sharing ready beds!!!!! 

I live in an old house with stairs that are much too steep. I’ve fallen Down both sets of our stairs at least once in my life. Baby gates are a must for us. I still have one and my kids are 4 and 6. I mostly keep it up as a reminder to take the stairs slowly and carefully. 

• Upvote 3

When my brother was coming up from England with my niece's my mum first borrowed and then bought a gate for our stairs even though it has only been used a few times, she said it's better to be safe than sorry. I can't imagine not having a gate on at least the stairs and probably the kitchen entrance when you have young children.

• Upvote 5

In the house we lived in when my grandson was a baby, there was no way to put gates on the steps. He was told that he could not go on the steps unless mama, daddy, poppa or nona were with him. He was totally cool with it (little attention hog). His big deal was getting in the dog crate with the dog. There was also no real way to gate off the kitchen. There were gates in the doorways to the living room/dining room though...mostly to keep the dogs out. 

Our next house will have an open floor plan downstairs (that's what I like). IF I am fortunate enough to be blessed with another grandbaby, the steps will be able to be gated off. In reality, that's in the future. #2 son and gf are thinking maybe in a couple of years or so it'd be time for a baby. Nona will lose her shit...LOL! 

• Upvote 2

Oh FJ, please, pretty please, could the next thread be:  M is for Mama:  B is for Braggie, Princess Pinterest of Fundieland

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • Love 6

When I had a newborn and a toddler, I was so jealous of anyone who lived in a single story home. It’s funny because the Duggars still have a gate at the bottom of their stairs and probably always will. They have a constant stream of new grandbabies and toddlers that visit their home on a regular basis. They will have that gate up until they sell that house. Which will likely be a long time from now.

• Upvote 4

On 6/29/2019 at 12:29 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I assume those beds are custom built.  Shaun really must make bank. Although with 8 children now it doesn't go nearly as far as when there were 5. 

Appearances aren’t always what they seem. Some save up $5k and use it to pay bills, go on a vacation, home improvement, tutoring, or invest it. Shaun Halberstadt doesn’t make a ton of money from GenesisWorld as a software developer. I think he’s trying earn more money from his side business  via Capital H Creative LLC  http://www.capitalhcreative.com/ and potentially make it a full time gig. Braggie also mentioned that they own properties rent them out. He's trying to create multiple streams of income via the side gig and by venturing into real estate. Anyway, it’s all relative. In all, Shaun makes a middle class income (I doubt it exceeds $250k) but by living in rural (Bullard?) TX, the income can go farther than living near a metro area. Anyway, it’s all relative. Additionally, unlike the majority of parents, Shaun & Braggie do not spend any money on their children. The kids aren't in sports or music lessons. They aren't in private schools. They don't take their kids on vacations, they don't buy them toys, games, nor any high tech devices. Braggie always buys used clothing for her kids. There is nothing wrong with thrifting (I love it) but it's interesting how she consistently buys very used clothing for her kids and nicer clothing for herself. Besides paying bills and other household expenses, I'd guess that the bulk of the expenses goes towards funding Braggie's home decor and secondhand Anthropologie clothing, as she loves to spend money on herself.

720628735_corpwiki.thumb.JPG.80d5359d44cfc4a7f4eb92abd1df78f0.JPG

The image is from Corporation Wiki. I am not sure what Metalstream Technologies LLC is.
https://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Jacksonville/shaun-t-halberstadt/39110576.aspx

People will be surprised to hear this but the engineers, including software developers, don’t make bank for a business. The sales team does (or trading team, if its a fund). I know this because my husband studied engineering and now works in trading. Also, a friend at GE was an engineer back in the day and requested a transition to sales because given that they were generating the company's revenue, they were earning more. Additionally, if Shaun wanted to keep his skills "sharp", which is important in the technology industry, he wouldn't be working for a company like GenesisWorld. He should be trying to work for a company that implements cutting edge technology, such as the software engineering companies in San Francisco, (or even Austin, Dallas, or Houston) or the high frequency trading funds. Does he make a comfortable living? Yes, especially in deep east Texas. Does he "make bank"? No, he'd have to be an equity partner in Big Law, at an investment bank, consulting firm, CEO, or profitable business owner etc. to do that.

Personally, I don't think Shaun is a fan of having a ton of kids. Braggie Abbie gives off "crazy train" vibes and she's the captain of the ship. I think Braggie Abbie is surrounded by enablers and people that do what she says to "keep the peace". Abbie has admitted that Shaun is more of a nurturer and more gentle with the children than she is. I think that Shaun feels bad that the children have to deal with Abbie.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

Braggie Abbie is a hardcore fan girl of the Flanders Family. Has anyone been down that crazy rabbit hole? All I'll say is that I'm proud of the family for supporting their daughter's decision to attend dental school and that Jennifer does a good job homeschooling them.
https://www.flandersfamily.info/web/about-us/our-family/
Jennifer has a 2nd blog at 
https://lovinglifeathome.com/about/

Jennifer is pictured next to Braggie Abbie on the right. I'm honestly surprised Jennifer spends time around someone as narcissistic as Abbie.
Flanders.thumb.JPG.4025538fffddb270f080c9cb14552aec.JPG

Edited by luv2laugh

• Coconut Flan locked this topic