• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

JRod 97: Now casting for Jill! The Musical

HarryPotterFan
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, littlemommy said:

*Kids will rebel if you stifle their dress. BOOK RETORT: The kids will not rebel because it's Jesus wanting this, not just the parents. Remove temptation by dressing them in potato sacks from birth so they don't chafe at a change in dress later in life. JILL RETORT: When David was an unsaved youth his parents drank but said he wasn't old enough to. They were only basing that on the stupid old manly law, not a Godly law/standard. Children judge those weaknesses/double standards. So if the parent dresses modestly, the kids will also, and if they have a problem it's an issue with them and God, not them and Jill. 

So according to Jill logic, there is absolutely nothing that adults can do that kids shouldn’t be able to do? So Olivia can drive a car and Tessie can vote? And Gabe is ready for marriage? And Janessa can open her own bank account? Sofia can buy cigarettes? Jill, THIS IS HOW STUPID YOU SOUND.

12 hours ago, littlemommy said:

Jill takes back the camera. When the kids see people dressed to Rod standards at a store or something--long skirts and makeup--they get excited and tell each other that the people must be Christians. Jill says she knows her family looks weird, but since she'll go to heaven (and the "and you won't" can go unsaid here), it's all worth it.

I....this is so dumb. So if they saw my friend who is Modern Orthodox Jewish they’d assume she’s Christian? What about women who wear long skirts but have secret sex dungeons? Are women who wear burqas too modest?

Edited by HarryPotterFan

Nervous
Tim-Tom Biblethumper

Do these kids ever lay in bed at night (or in the day if you're a Rod) when it's quiet (if it ever is) and wonder about things like:
We live off of other people's money.
95% of those other people don't dress the way god/we want them to, and we make that known in a very public way. 
We also make it known that those ungodly/rodly people will be going straight to H E double-hockey sticks, while we're yucking it up with the angels.
BUT still, we accept those people's money so that we can travel around and criticize them.

Does this ever occur to any of them?  Just one?

koalawatch
1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

So according to Jill logic, there is absolutely nothing that adults can do that kids shouldn’t be able to do? So Olivia can drive a car and Tessie can vote? And Gabe is ready for marriage? And Janessa can open her own bank account? Sofia can buy cigarettes? Jill, THIS IS HOW STUPID YOU SOUND.

I....this is so dumb. So if they saw my friend who is Modern Orthodox Jewish they’d assume she’s Christian? What about women who wear long skirts but have secret sex dungeons? Are women who wear burqas too modest?

My immediately thought was, "so adults can't have sex, since they shouldn't be doing anything that kids can't do."

Then realized it's only wrong for adults to do something, if it's wrong in the bible of Jill.  

Except,I'm pretty sure Jill also thinks Jesus turned water into water, instead of wine, as her justification of alcohol being evil

I was talking to my mom about this lady.  My parents adopted children, after having several biological, so our family size is large (larger than Jill's).  I said, "they lived in an RV for a few years and conceived at least one child in the trailer.  I shudder for those teens knowing their parents were having sex five feet away from them.  I'm so thankful that we can pretend you and dad didn't after I was born."  My mom just laughed.

LovelyLuna

Hey Jill, people talk about your family when you go out because they want to know if you came out of an underground bunker sealed in the 1980’s.  Or why your children look like waifs and saloon girls. NOT because they are excited to see ‘good Christian people’.

It’s also creepy for two teenage boys, guided by their mother to post a video about what they are attracted to.  

Free Gabriel 

• Upvote 35
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

Nervous
Tim-Tom Biblethumper
20 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

I think I'm going to tweak this a bit and start using the phrase "unRodly" when referring to things the Rods wouldn't approve of.  Thanks!  :drumroll:

Ugh!  I think I meant to type unrodly in the first place.  So yeah, great idea!  ;)  

luv2laugh
Posted (edited)

JRod is bragging that her kids think people in skirts must mean they are Christians?

They might not have many Orthodox Jewish people or (Holiness?) Pentecostals in the area but what would she do if they met the Mormons?

Women that serve Mormon missions only wear skirts. Also, I think Mormons follow the dress in “Sunday best” idea and wear only skirts to church as well.

2 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Do these kids ever lay in bed at night (or in the day if you're a Rod) when it's quiet (if it ever is) and wonder about things like:
We live off of other people's money.
95% of those other people don't dress the way god/we want them to, and we make that known in a very public way. 
We also make it known that those ungodly/rodly people will be going straight to H E double-hockey sticks, while we're yucking it up with the angels.
BUT still, we accept those people's money so that we can travel around and criticize them.

Does this ever occur to any of them?  Just one?

I believe money is one reason JRod’s kids have a chance to escape the cult. JRod can’t use money to control. The golden handcuff a poster (regarding Michael) described in the Gwen thread is the reason why the Duggar offspring have not escaped. Godbobber is the boss.

Edited by luv2laugh

Antimony
Posted (edited)

Y'all, I've had a full and normal productive day of doing things Jill would hate. First, I had a meeting with another woman about science and then I worked with a group to write a paper about science and then I had a normal Plexus-free lunch, and then I did some editing and went to the gym IN PANTS and then I came home and modestly worked on organizing my sewing supplies and then I went on a run IN PANTS with an Ungodly Young Man with whom I have no desire to marry. 

And I'm just dropping in to say that, after all this of my personal Ungodliness, I can't help but feel I've been outdone by Jill allowing, NAY ENCOURAGING, her 15 year old child to talk about what "turns him on" TO THE WHOLE DANG INTERNET this is the least modest thing ever conceived of. She's disgusting. 

Edited by Antimony
  • Upvote 32
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Waffle Time
Beermeet
On 5/23/2019 at 12:46 PM, EmmieJ said:

Considering that's the most exercise he probably gets on a regular basis, I say let him keep averting his eyes!

And my mind is boggling at the thought that Jill puts on her modest one-piece bathing suit in the bedroom and parades around for David.  Because where else is she going to wear it that only David can see?  Those two are Turpin-level freak-a-deaks.

No really tho!  I cannot stop thinking about it.  Jill has a one piece swim suit that only David sees. Which obviously means the bedroom, right?! Ewwwwww!   I mean, where else would she wear it?  We've seen her hugging on him in the pool before.  Fully street clothed, make up running down her face. So.....EEEEWWWW!  A kink hath been revealed.  

I apologize for going there. 😂😂😱🤢🤮

Nervous
Tim-Tom Biblethumper

I was just looking at Jill's instagram.  I don't think it's been discussed, but yesterday Renee (we know it's you Jill) reposted her mother's day post praising Jill.  Mother's day was what? two weeks ago?  Why the repeat? 

Waffle Time
Beermeet
4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

So dumb. You know what witches favor ( largely, ime and from FB groups across the globe. Of course not required or judged if not)?  Long black dresses or skirts with a robe to boot. 

So, suck it Jill.  Long skirts or dresses are great, imo.  Women wear them for comfort, fashion, culture and religion. You're not special and what a woman wears does not define her. Also, it's Nonyabusiness. Dumbass Jill. Get a life. She wastes so much time thinking about other people's inconsequential choices. 

Waffle Time
DarkAnts

Modesty and religious convections are personal. Jill is trying to pervert this into an excuse to shame people she sees as being not worthy. 

Waffle Time
Beermeet

I really cannot imagine going on my social media and yelling at my friends and family about how they dress or their lifestyles or their spirituality! Over and over. Sometimes I forget just how fucking weird that is. Jill is hyper focused on dictating other people's lives. 

adidas
On 5/22/2019 at 4:17 PM, Lurky said:

(I do wonder, as the show goes on, how they screen out people who know how to bake and will see it as an easy way to make $10k.  Do deliberately badly in the first round, but know how to make a tasty cake and an immense amount of buttercream in the second, and decorate in a comedy style, and come away $10k richer...  I know they factor in the baking discrepancies with everyone using pre-mixed dry ingredients, so that *should* be harder to 'cheat' on, but even knowing how much of a tin to fill/how to test when a cake is ready/what buttercream should look like etc is an advantage)

The time limits mean that even professional bakers can’t succeed. From memory they don’t have blast chillers, which means that the cakes will always still be warm when they begin to decorate. This leads to an automatic fail - icing/frosting melts immediately if you put it anywhere near a cake which hasn’t been chilled for a few hours. And melty frosting means sliding cakes. 

Glasgowghirl
7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

JRod is bragging that her kids think people in skirts must mean they are Christians?

They might not have many Orthodox Jewish people or (Holiness?) Pentecostals in the area but what would she do if they met the Mormons?

Women that serve Mormon missions only wear skirts. Also, I think Mormons follow the dress in “Sunday best” idea and wear only skirts to church as well.

Or people may choose to wear skirts and dresses as a personal preference. The same way Jill chooses to wear 24 layers of makeup every day and encourages the older girls to do the same. 

Jill wouldn't approve of Jill Dillard choosing to wear trousers and sometimes even shorts and having piercings now but Jill Dillard even though I don't always like her outfit choices always looks a lot more modest than Jill Rod does. Jill Rod dresses herself and children inappropriately all the time, summer outfits in winter, winter outfits in the summer, stuff that seems either too big or two small or stuff that doesn't even match. She needs to start paying attention to her own family's wardrobe before judging others.

MayMay1123

i wear skirts to church every week (just because i want to, even my pastor wears jeans), i'm Christian, and yet, jrod still would never, ever approve of me or my family. i don't think there's hardly anyone that jill would approve of, and that's why her Godly young daughters haven't been married off at the ripe old ages of 20 and 17. i also think her standards might slip a bit when she still has every child living at home, unmarried, for years and years.

its such a disconnect that she actually says 'the bible says not to judge' but then judges the hell out of every single person on earth except for her and some of her immediate family. she even judges her mother-in-law and probably her sister lisa. i'll say it again, she doesn't follow any of Jesus' teachings at all. it it even possible for a narcissist to be an actual Christian?

lizzybee

I think she protests too much. She goes on and on trying to force people to do things her way because she doesn't want to do it either. She doesn't like feeling frumpy and different but she lords it over everyone else as godliness to make herself feel better about it. I don't know of anyone who carries on about it as much as she does. Naturally it's on her mind a lot and I think that means she's really self-conscious about it. So of course, she makes herself feel better with a superiority complex. She's going to heaven and we're all sluts. 

onekidanddone
13 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Well there is this 

https://forward.com/fast-forward/424516/chicago-orthodox-christianity-fraud/

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Mormons are Christians.  I would think that a lot of people, seeing JRod and her crew, plus the dresses 24/7 would think that they are Mormon.  I would probably think that myself before I thought fundie, except for the tightness of JRod's clothes and her clown makeup.

Edited by Okie_Bokie
typo

Fruitcake

Part 8 of Biblical modesty is up in which we get to hear David’s treatise and Jill sings a song about teh gayz. 

C0EAAD02-8725-425B-A359-C8984066BCFD.jpeg

• Disgust 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 11

onekidanddone
14 minutes ago, Fruitcake said:

Part 8 of Biblical modesty is up in which we get to hear David’s treatise and Jill sings a song about teh gayz. 

C0EAAD02-8725-425B-A359-C8984066BCFD.jpeg

Well there went five minutes I will never get back.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Fruitcake

I don’t have Wi-fi at the moment and don’t want to use data to go back and watch, but this might have been sung at the church revival they are at. I think it was implied. Jill doesn’t hear new music anywhere else so...

Someone who is brave enough to do a full recap can confirm or correct me.

@littlemommy this one might be worth your while because she gets fired up and makes some profile pic-worthy faces with her melodrama. It’s classic Jill just like you like her, and she’s been holding out on you for a while!

DCM

Would someone be able to share these videos here? I am assuming you cant add her as a friend unless your already friends with someone on her list correct? 

SweetLaurel
2 hours ago, Okie_Bokie said:

.  I would probably think that myself before I thought fundie, except for the tightness of JRod's clothes and her clown makeup.

The way the littles  are always dressed, I'd assume they were either coming from or going to a costume or some sort of theme  party. No one looks as if they are in 'real' clothes.  Last thing I'd think is Christian.  Wouldn't even cross my mind.   

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

waltraute
The way the littles  are always dressed, I'd assume they were either coming from or going to a costume or some sort of theme  party. No one looks as if they are in 'real' clothes.  Last thing I'd think is Christian.  Wouldn't even cross my mind.   
Jill hits 3 out of the 4 no-nos of proper Christian attire according to the churches of my youth - and isn't she the one that wants to look at the past for how to dress?

1. Showing skin
2. Form fitting clothes
3. Heavy makeup
4. Dyed hair

Man, would I like to see some of those pastor's wives of yore have a go at Jill. I was once informed that I looked like a hooker because I was wearing red nail polish (no makeup, modest clothing; just the red nail polish).

Jill is fooling herself if she thinks her manner of dress advertises 'Christian'. It more accurately shouts 'MLM businesswoman' than Christian.

Damn. I hate that I have an opinion on this. I could care less what she wears or how much makeup she applies. She needs to stop with the modesty videos so that I can go back to being a better person.