• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

JRod 97: Now casting for Jill! The Musical

Happy
PennySycamore

@Alice in Fundieland,  Zoot Suit Riot makes me wants to slip on a pair of saddle shoes (brown and white ones, preferably) and jitterbug.  

I wish I still had this pair of saddle shoes I had in high school and college.  I got them at a thrift shop. IIRC.  That was 45 or 50 years ago. I also need to join a swing dance club.  

pook

Jill is just going to be modest (TM) Jill until the end of all time - I guess because she has a turtle neck dickie now, it pretty much seals the deal.  Hieeey Jill, here's a picture of Barbara Walters in 1949, 19 frickin 49 wearing more modest velvet pants and makeup than your modesty could ever attest to.  Also stop throwing your headship under the bridge.  OMG, I am now sticking up to David.  Please send aliens to kidnap me in my sleep tonight.

image.png.2e9fff83ec0d1204f6cb86d8a07cdaaf.png

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 7
  • Love 6

Ms. Squishels

Wow, in the latest modesty video, she has Phillip and Gabriel as her hostages.  I didn't watch it with the intent to recap, but two things.  First, Phillip can hardly get out a word.  He is so tongue-tied.  What in the hell is a 15 year old boy supposed to say about women and modesty?  All he says is women should wear skirts and be modest.  If he says too much about women, then Momma will know that he has noticed!  He does say that he is "turned off" by immodest women.  Which in a sense is him saying that modest women turn him on, right?  But I'm sure he's scared to death for Jill to realize that he's ever had a sexual thought.  I don't know, I just felt like it was horrible to put a 15-year-old boy on the spot like that.  Then poor little Gabriel.  If I was him, I would take Snuggles out for his next walk, and no one would find either of us ever again!  We would just keep on walking till that bitch could never find us again.  She said at least three or four times how short Gabriel is and that he really NEEDS to have a growth spurt because he will be 13 in a few days.  Then she says that he said he wishes he was taller and would have a growth spurt, and he says, "No, I didn't say that."  And she says, well he wants to be taller anyway.  Or some stupid shit like that.  I can't imagine how humiliated he is every time she says that in front of a crowd.  He sure doesn't seem like a boy that's about to be 13. He seems younger to me.  But alas, we get his opinion on women's modesty.  He says he always looks at the older ladies to see if they wear skirts, because they should set the example for the younger girls.  But sadly almost no one wears skirts anymore.  Poor little guy.  I wish he was old enough to run, and run far.  The way she treats him makes me hate her so much.  I bet he will be one that will actually tell her to "F" off one of these days.  This is not a good recap.  Everyone else does that better.  But there is no reason for either of these young men to be talking about this stupid bullshit.  I guess the one positive thing I can say about this video is, well, at least it ain't a selfie at a funeral for three children.  Unfortunately, her poor children don't stand a chance at any kind of normal life after they grow up.  I know some people think the boys stand a better chance.  They can at least move off to college.  But I think this life is worse on the boys than the girls.  The girls could at least pull a Jinger.  The crazy weirdness of this family is beyond the pale.  I hope some of you can see it for yourself.  It's just awful to me.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 33

JermajestyDuggar

The picture Jill posted on Instagram with a baby picture of Kaylee for her graduation clenches it for me. I’ve always thought Janessa was a little Kaylee and that baby picture looks so much like Janessa. At least Kaylee’s cake had everything spelled right. And the balloons look less sperm like when they aren’t sideways. Although it was very sloppy handwriting. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

littlemommy
Posted (edited)

Alright, the time has come for another shitty Jill video. And like Jill, I am also joined by one of my children this morning--my 5 year old, who is not feeling well and staying home from pre-school. She is pressed up against my side feverishly as we watch. The cat is also making occasional appearances; she likes to scold me in the mornings (I have the audacity to sleep at night and ignore her).

*Phillip and Gabriel are indeed here. Phillip is wearing a suit and tie. Gabriel is wearing a sweater vest and tie. Jill is wearing short sleeves. It is the end of May; someone is either overdressed or underdressed here.

Excuses according to the book:

*Pants are more modest in some occasions. BOOK RETORT: No they aren't, lol!!!  JILL RETORT: sometimes skirts fly up so Jill and other modest people wear something under it. Something long. 

*It is not always convenient to wear a dress. BOOK RETORT: That's no excuse, heathen! Wear them all the time and you will feel uncomfortable in pants. Train yo-self!  JILL RETORT: Jill had a cold shower because the girls used all the hot water this morning. But it's good to suffer sometimes. Not everything has to feel good. It's worth feeling uncomfortable for Jesus' sake (I guess he...likes that?)

*It's legalism to dress a certain way. BOOK RETORT: The author isn't telling you to dress like that, Jesus/the Bible are telling you to. Even heathens have standards; is that legalistic? JILL RETORT: (she doesn't make one) 

*Kids will rebel if you stifle their dress. BOOK RETORT: The kids will not rebel because it's Jesus wanting this, not just the parents. Remove temptation by dressing them in potato sacks from birth so they don't chafe at a change in dress later in life. JILL RETORT: When David was an unsaved youth his parents drank but said he wasn't old enough to. They were only basing that on the stupid old manly law, not a Godly law/standard. Children judge those weaknesses/double standards. So if the parent dresses modestly, the kids will also, and if they have a problem it's an issue with them and God, not them and Jill. 

*It is not okay to use the Bible to make men and women dress differently because that scripture is about ceremonies. (I may have fucked that up) BOOK RETORT: All those ceremonial laws were done away with when Jesus came on the scene.....*however*….the verses in question are exempt and don't apply to ceremonial law--they just happen to be in the same place as those other laws. Gosh guys, how can you not see that? Har har har! JILL RETORT: We make any excuse to do what we want.

That seems to be the end of the rebuffs. (To be continued)

Edited by littlemommy
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 40
  • Love 1

Gimme a Free RV
7 hours ago, Ms. Squishels said:

She said at least three or four times how short Gabriel is and that he really NEEDS to have a growth spurt because he will be 13 in a few days.  Then she says that he said he wishes he was taller and would have a growth spurt, and he says, "No, I didn't say that."  And she says, well he wants to be taller anyway.  Or some stupid shit like that.  I can't imagine how humiliated he is every time she says that in front of a crowd.  

So she can talk about Gabriel's height and make him uber-sensitive about it--because, obviously, it bothers Jill enough for her to keep driving this point home in a public arena--but you try to talk about her makeup and she gets all defensive?  She can talk about David's ears but would throw a fit if someone suggested she lay off the eyeliner?  How is she not making money off of offering herself as a subject to be research in a psychology/psychiatry clinical trial somewhere?

• Upvote 30
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 10

JermajestyDuggar

I hate how Jill treats Gabriel. I hope that boy gets the fuck out of Rodville at his first opportunity. Usually in Fundie land, the girls are treated worse than the boys. But wow. Jill treats Gabriel like crap. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 20
  • Love 1

littlemommy
Posted (edited)

Jill video continued:

*Blaaaaaaaaah, my browser decided to go back a bunch of pages suddenly and I lost all of my typing. I feel very demoralized. I am not watching that part of the video again, so now I will attempt to recap my recap while I weep.

*The lights suddenly went out in the RV, leaving Jill and her hostages in utter darkness. She tells a boy to turn on a light. It is a very low light but I can still make out Jill's eyeliner perfectly.

(And now things get dangerous for me because the kids speak and I don't like to snark on kids. I will try to be careful; these kids didn't choose their shitty life)

*Phillip is 15. He wants to be a preacher and has preached 4 times now. He reminds Jill of herself when she was a teenager--she felt very strongly about other Christians doing wrong when she was young and implies that he feels the same. Phillip starts speaking, complete with the usual Rod "umms" and looking constantly up and to the side. He's only 15 and I hope he continues to work on his public speaking skills. He says that immodest girls don't "turn him on". He wants to dress Godly (Jill interjects a loud AMEN here) and is attracted to modest girls only. He doesn't know why, he claims, he just is. Jill is thrilled with this testimony.

*Gabriel is almost 13. Jill giggles about how short he is and says he said he needs to grow more. He says he never said that and Jill laughs and basically says "Well, you thought it!" HAR HAR HAR HAR! Jill says Gabe is confident about his body but needs a growth spurt. Gabriel wants to see women that dress Godly. He looks to see if older women in church are wearing skirts but they are only "5% of the time". They should be an example to younger ladies--Jill interjects that these older ladies in pants are a bad example because they are supposed to be teaching. Gabriel thinks everything Phillip said was great. When he sees someone in a skirt in a store it is very rare; it's only "a couple percent". 

*Jill takes back the camera. When the kids see people dressed to Rod standards at a store or something--long skirts and makeup--they get excited and tell each other that the people must be Christians. Jill says she knows her family looks weird, but since she'll go to heaven (and the "and you won't" can go unsaid here), it's all worth it.

*There is one more modesty video coming out, and it's based on a paper that David either wrote or compiled from other people's words; it's not clear to me. Jill still loves you if you don't agree with her, but reminds you that you have to face God one day.  She's proud of Gabriel's use of percentages and throws up one of her own. 95% of people go along with everyone else, she claims. Be like that precious 5%. Be like Jill.

The end

Edited by littlemommy
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 43
  • Love 2

Gimme a Free RV

Yoohoo!  Jill!

From the King Jimmy:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Samuel+16%3A7&version=KJV

This passage refers to Samuel looking for a king of Israel.  Samuel is basing his criteria on who looks the part.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 5

MayMay1123

soooo, God's all looking down on us, thinking, 'nope, you're in pants, to hell you go!' i don't think so! God loves everybody, we are his children, and Jesus commanded us to love one another. i absolutely 100% know that God is not condemning people for how they look and what they wear, its about your actions here on earth. jill just loves to be judgemental, looking down on *everyone* so she can feel better about her sad little life. she isn't doing anything that Jesus asked us to do. 

PopRox

So she's made six (soon to be seven) videos about how she judges your value based on your appearance, and has taught her children to do the same. Great parenting there, Jill.

Her poor kids. They got dealt a raw deal being born into this mess.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 11

lizzybee

Is it one of those things where you have to be her FB friend to watch these videos?

Eternalbluepearl

I can't imagine my entire family looking at the way women dress and discussing it, making videos about it, etc. It's the most unintelligent low hanging fruit idea to preoccupy yourself with I cannot even. I guess Jill isn't worried about herself or her children being educated or making a positive impact on this planet Earth (a gift from GAWD no?), just worried about looking at skirts or pants. Sad. Weird. And sad. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 12

Fruitcake
11 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Is it one of those things where you have to be her FB friend to watch these videos?

Yes. I also remember her saying In the video that Gabriel was the most confident of her children. Guess she’s trying tear that self-esteem down in any way she can. That’s what narcissists do. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 10
  • WTF 1

SilverBeach
10 hours ago, Ms. Squishels said:

Wow, in the latest modesty video, she has Phillip and Gabriel as her hostages.

This is downright abusive. Jill Rodrigues is obsessed with "modesty", but is not modest. She ha zero empathy for anyone, including her own sons, who probably don't give two shits about modesty. She is really a narcissistic piece of work and I hope someone IRL tells her off good one day. A thousand ughs.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 15

nausicaa
2 hours ago, littlemommy said:

He says that immodest girls don't "turn him on". He wants to dress Godly (Jill interjects a loud AMEN here) and is attracted to modest girls only. He doesn't know why, he claims, he just is. Jill is thrilled with this testimony.

So...the immodest girls are actually modest then, since they're not stirring up unrighteous desires in men? And those girls who are attracting boys with their long skirts are actually immodest by Jill's rules, correct?

It's modest-ception.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

OhNoNike
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I want to say good job to Gabriel for publicly disagreeing with his mother in that video. I’m glad he didn’t let her get away with her lie. I know it’s just small but he could have sat there and grinned while his mother lied. But he didn’t and I’m proud of him for that. 

Sorry, y’all know I’ve been confirmed in the church but don’t know the Bible.  Which verse is it where God says he loves lying as long as the liars are dressed modestly?

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

Alice in Fundieland
3 hours ago, littlemommy said:

JILL RETORT: We make any excuse to do what we want.

That’s the best single sentence summary of Jill Rodrigues that I’ve ever seen. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 26
  • Love 1

Petronella
Posted (edited)

Good Lord, those poor boys.

The things they’ve been taught to parrot are just ridiculous. I think it hits me harder with the boys because with the girls, it’s at least about something relevant to them: the clothing choices they make each day. I mean, it’s AWFUL what they’re being taught but at least it’s connected to them. While with the boys, it’s purely about being taught to judge others. Why are the boys thinking about skirts at all?????? It’s ludicrous. Why is it any of their business?

And the weird contradiction of “don’t wear tank tops/pants/miniskirts because men are attracted to them” and “men are only attracted to modestly dressed women” is baffling. If this son is only attracted to modestly clothed women, why should it matter if he sees a woman in a bikini?? Didn’t he just say he *wouldn’t* be attracted to that?

Most of all, I’m heartbroken that they see any value in this nitpicking at all. The people I know are concerned about helping refugees, protecting the weak, justice for victims, saving future generations from the effects of climate change. And their crusade is...skirts?? Not even *promoting* more feminine, modest (to them) clothing, but the opposite: mocking and belittling those who don’t dress to their standards. What an utter waste.

Also, I hope that boy does not become a preacher. I hope it with all my heart. All he’s doing is repeating what he’s been force-fed with no analysis, no experience, no context. It’s rubbish and it’s embarrassing. At this age it’s not yet his fault and I hope he is able to turn the ship when he’s older.

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 37
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

CTRLZero

He looks to see if older women in church are wearing skirts but they are only "5% of the time". They should be an example to younger ladies--Jill interjects that these older ladies in pants are a bad example because they are supposed to be teaching.

Oh, Jill.  I hope she and David refuse to take any money from these sluttish older ladies.  That'll teach them!  Seriously, I know the women of these churches at least occasionally wear pants.  I've seen photo evidence.   Why would they want to listen to this looney tunes family preaching against them?  Why would any congregation invite them to shame and alienate their members?  The hand that feeds them and all that. 

The cat is also making occasional appearances; she likes to scold me in the mornings (I have the audacity to sleep at night and ignore her).

Ours does this, too.  It's a cat conspiracy!  😻

wallysmommy

Definition and synonyms for modesty:

unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.

"he was a very modest man, refusing to take any credit for the enterprise"

synonyms: self-effacing, self-deprecating, humble, unpretentious, unassuming, unpresuming, unostentatious, low-key, free from vanity, keeping one's light under a bushel; 

shy, bashful, self-conscious, diffident, timid, reserved, retiring, media-shy, reticent, quiet, coy, embarrassed, shamefaced, blushing, fearful, meek, docile, mild, apologetic;

Antonyms for modesty

immorality, impropriety, boldnessconfidence, arrogance, braveness, conceit, courage, egoprideself-confidence

I bolded every word that I think describes Jill.  This is not going into the dictionary next to the definition of modest

Spoiler

63616720_JillR.thumb.jpg.6da1a57b88def9b7a16071988e384530.jpg

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

Petronella
7 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Hide contents

63616720_JillR.thumb.jpg.6da1a57b88def9b7a16071988e384530.jpg

What on earth does her shirt say??

Gimme a Free RV
7 minutes ago, Petronella said: