IGNORED

Lori Alexander 66: An Assortment of Cheap Whines

A few things about Lori’s post today. I’ve known since I was 17 that I didn’t want kids. Wasn’t a feminist and didn’t know it still existed. I never really wanted kids when I was growing up but I was told you had kids unless you physically couldn’t get pregnant. 

Yes my fur babies are my “babies.” My mom always considered them her babies. I raised one of them from 8 weeks. Lost sleep taking care of him. I was also working more than full time, my fault I know. I understand they aren’t my actual babies. They don’t understand why no is no. They will never “grow up” and move out, unless I find them another home. 1283EE3F-BF85-4494-A905-81B33210141A.thumb.jpeg.c4998ac06b8c75c42dcb150eed444d61.jpeg

I don’t have a “natural” desire for kids. If I did I would want them at some point in my life. 

• Upvote 14

The whole women should stay at home and not work has always been the most bizarre part of Lori's twisted belief system to me.

I work in part because I believe that Colossians 3:23-24 and a myriad of other verses in the Bible are instructions to me, a sincere worshiper of Jesus:  "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

I have always seen work as part of my worship.  I do not believe that God denies women the opportunity to worship Him in this way.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 14

Yes, I nurture my furbabies.  I also nurtured my niece and nephew, and my parents when they were older and had health issues.  

My encouragement for all of you who are infertile and want children badly is to do what you can to get as healthy as you can, then leave the results in the Lord’s hands while praying daily.  

I really can't snark on this since it is so painful, and I have so many family and friends who couldn't conceive or had miscarriages, or stillborn babies.  I'll just leave it alone and wait for the next topic which I'm sure will rattle my chain.  I'm not giving Lori a pass because she's still a mean bitch.  She'll give us lots more material including what's on her IG page today.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Here it is.

F978AAD7-33B5-4C10-A341-A3F3D725CF6A.png

Thanks! (Ugh.) I'm not on Facebook; what is this "Top Fan" thing, is that just people who comment a lot?

11 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

For British check out:  Endeavor

Yes! We're going through "Endeavour" now and really liking it. Great characters and writing; when you first meet some of them you think "oh, that's the jealous co-worker" or "ah, the clueless officious boss, what a jerk" but over time you realize they are much more complex and nuanced. Shaun Evans' portrayal of the main character is really brilliant.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 5/20/2019 at 8:15 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

E9EDD897-688B-4CF4-A90D-2330E1894835.thumb.jpeg.d04108748003a18e0f3b618eea6c49f4.jpeg

women aren’t to enjoy sex. They are to please their man. No birth control of any kind including the rhythm method. Women can’t work unless it’s part time from home. They have to home school and give birth to all of the kids. College is a no no even for men, with the exception of doctor, lawyer, or engineer. That means making minimum wage most of the time. Federal minimum wage is less than $8. You can’t get an apartment without another roommate paying half the rent in most places on that salary. That salary put you in poverty. You can’t get help from the government because that’s bad. 

How is anyone supposed to live this way? How can you choose to bring children into this life, yes it is a choice to continue to have sec knowing you’ll get pregnant, and call your self pro life? What kind of life are you giving your kids?

god, if he exist, doesn’t just sit in heaven and plan when a women is going to get pregnant. He put cycle in place for a reason. There are only so many days a month a women can get pregnant. That is if the sperm reaches the egg. 

Quoting for the screenshot. I'm torn between boggling and laughing at the claim that I as a feminist use my husband for "sex and personal financial gain" rather than "reproduction and sincere loving intimacy." Yeah, I "use" him for sex in the same way that he "uses" me for sex: to be close and enjoy each other, show love and affection physically, and for a planned couple of babies. Basically the exact same way the same people telling me that I "owe" him sex claim that I don't, just because of that little right to say no in our marriage...

20 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Here it is.

F978AAD7-33B5-4C10-A341-A3F3D725CF6A.png

Damn, as a feminist I must be doing something wrong, then! I shall go before a jury of my (feminist shrill harpy) peers and profess that I have broken the Sacred Feminist Commandments of working full-time (as I'm mostly stay-at-home) and not harshly judging every other woman who does the same! I should probably also confess to going to church regularly and not having sexual relations outside of/in addition to marriage.

Oh, Rufus Most High and the Blessed Hive Vagina, have mercy on my sins!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

I can picture Lori’s leghumpers saying “But he was Catholic!”

#sortofjokingbutnotreally

I put a poster of that quote up in my classroom at crazy Christian school. They made me take it down because it was "too Catholic" and "didn't make sense anyway". 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 5

Fur babies: my 2 felines have provided us with enjoyment, entertainment, love and laughs. Big stoopid knows when I am upset/stressed/depressed. He's convinced that laying on mama and purring will fix everything. Lil Sis thinks that laying on pappa will fix what ails him. 

Working full time: not right now...something about husband has cancer. I may go back to work eventually. You know, after...

the rest of her bullshit? She could not deal with what I'm dealing with (add 2 torn ligaments in my ankle and possible surgery). She hasn't got what it takes to be a REAL woman with the ability to deal with things, get through things, make the decisions that need to (and will need to) be made. 

***Feeling rather confident today...after all the dire warnings about steroids jacking hub's blood sugars up, he woke to a 107. Damn, I'm good. I bumped his basal rate to stay ahead of the swings. Fuck those idiot doctors and their whining and fussing. I guess the southern accent throws them off. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 19

I...I got nothing.  Lori's ignorance speaks for itself.  

82903847.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

I told my mom years ago that all she was getting was grandcats.  She was fine with it. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I'm giving Lori's miscarriage story a little bit of a side eye. 

Because she's told us Every. Damn. Intimate. Thing. about her health and marriage (5-10 minutes and some lube; "lots and lots of lube"; handjobs), but has never ever mentioned this miscarriage/ Ken's broken leg/living at her parents episode. Except once. In her book. 

And her father, the pathologist, told her they'd be able to get pregnant again?  How would he know?  Was he her doctor?  Was he an OB -GYN/ pathologist? 

If I'm wrong and it's all true then I admit I was wrong and apologize.

That infertile women and their fur babies blog post was definitely aimed at Alyssa and her dog.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Emily's been posting a lot of pro-life stuff on her fb. There's a young doctor--an ob/gyn resident who performs abortions--who has been countering a lot of her stuff. He challenges her broad misrepresentations, from his own personal experience as an MD. 

This young doctor just graduated Harvard Medical School. He is a resident at Boston Medical Center right now. He seems to be friends/acquaintances with Emily. He is also completely destroying her arguments. Recently, he posted this:

abortion.jpg

And she responds with this:

Emily Alexander Benjamin JaDo Matthews I appreciate that. I do find your perspective given your vocation interesting, and I don’t want to shut you down simply because I don’t agree. With something like the above post, I frankly don’t have the time or energy into putting in a thoughtful response haha. Hope you have a good day.

She doesn't have the time! She practically lives on facebook but all of a sudden, she has no time. 

Edited by Hisey
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

Ah yes as a 26 year old virgin feminist...who regularly offers to pay for my own meals on dates.. has my own job... and is self sufficient... I'm totally only using guys for sex and money. Yet somehow I'm getting neither. I must be doing it wrong. Any advice as to how to wile money from a man? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I put a poster of that quote up in my classroom at crazy Christian school. They made me take it down because it was "too Catholic" and "didn't make sense anyway". 

We had to take down a Matrix poster because the teacher said that parallel world stuff doesn't go with bible teachings...

6 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Ah yes as a 26 year old virgin feminist...who regularly offers to pay for my own meals on dates.. has my own job... and is self sufficient... I'm totally only using guys for sex and money. Yet somehow I'm getting neither. I must be doing it wrong. Any advice as to how to wile money from a man? 

You should ask Lori, she's the expert for that.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

@Hisey I sent that post to a rabid pro-lifer...response? Crickets. 

My son stole it from me and had something to say about the "pro-lifers"...it wasn't very nice but he was crystal clear on the hypocrisy. He blasted one of his friends...i loved it! 

Dammit, I raised a few opinionated, logically thinking kids...shit! :)

• Upvote 11

9 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

82903847.jpg

I would like to disagree. Yeah, I know...d'uh. My Native ancestors would very much disagree that the value of women was elevated under Christianity. Shall we talk about residential schools where children were physically, sexually and emotionally abused in the name of Jesus?

My culture, and indeed Native culture, has always seen the inherent value and power of the woman. In my culture, your lineage is traced through the matriarchal line. 

While I am writing, let me say this too about the so-called "heartbeat bills". Almost everyone who supports these legislations, and indeed many who don't, fail to understand that at 6 weeks, you aren't hearing a heartbeat because there is no heart. What this is is a group of cells that are capable of firing electrical signals. Science is important.

https://www.livescience.com/65501-fetal-heartbeat-at-6-weeks-explained.html

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Right?  I am 40, divorced, and haven't been on a date in over 5 years.  But I guess I'm totally failing as a feminist because I'm getting neither sex nor money from men.  I'm going to rethink my approach.  :)

• Upvote 11

Lori does not understand the definition of nurture:  to care for and encourage the growth and development of (borrowed from the internet).  I choose to care for and encourage the growth and development of my DD by working and providing food, shelter, and clothing.  There is no mention of staying home while wasting my god-given talents.  

i also think that Lori uses the "be a keeper at home" as an excuse for her own laziness.  A woman can be a keeper at home, but still be a nurturer and work outside the home.  Given that Lori buys her $14 pound butter and $7 per dozen eggs with money made from working women, she should STFU.

Lori's like a broken record with no tune.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

IMG_20190524_131822.thumb.jpg.9a4b2aca9c0b0fa0f3192560a1ad80fb.jpg

No honey, "the haters" are there because your godly mentor pays money to boost her posts, thus her post shows up on random people's feeds. 

Oh how I despise Lori. 

• Upvote 19

15 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

82903847.jpg

Wait, so if we don't voluntarily submit to your fucked-up world view, you'll make your fucked-up world view come to life and force us into it? Is that what this is saying? Because that's what I'm reading...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, so if we don't voluntarily submit to your fucked-up world view, you'll make your fucked-up world view come to life and force us into it? Is that what this is saying? Because that's what I'm reading...

Yep, and that's exactly what happens in The Handmaid's Tale.  I know Lori's quoting someone else here, but she-and Zachary Conover, whoever the hell that is-have no idea what she's talking about.  I know Lori commented on THT, thinking she knew everything she needed to know about it from a Wikipedia article about the movie (from 1990, I think?).  Everyone except Lori knows you can't judge a book by its movie!  

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

IMG_20190524_131822.thumb.jpg.9a4b2aca9c0b0fa0f3192560a1ad80fb.jpg

No honey, "the haters" are there because your godly mentor pays money to boost her posts, thus her post shows up on random people's feeds. 

Oh how I despise Lori. 

Not to mention that (as far as I know), there's no way to know who has turned on notifications for any given post on FB. And as soon as you comment, you're going to get notifications from then on even if you don't want to, so there's that as well. Clearly that person has no clue how Facebook works.

Notifications don't work for me on Lori's posts. I turn them on, but they don't show up. I guess that's just another sign she's blocked me. For 'liking' an opposing comment, mind you, not for actually commenting myself, I've never commented on any of her stuff on FB. She clearly has WAY too much time on her greasy, buttery little hands.

• Upvote 8

I went to the original Karissa Collins post Lori shared and found this comment. Do these women have any sort of life? 

IMG_1403.PNG

• Upvote 7

Lori latest blog post about fertility not being forever (well duh) just twanged my last nerve.  She's been hitting the infertile/ fertility/ have all the babeezz topic hard lately.  I highly suspect she's trolling one of her daughters/ DILs to have more children because.... well... because Lori thinks they should.  Is it Stephen & Emily who only have 2?

The hypocrisy of Lori telling women to have, 6 > 10 > 12 children but only having 4 (because she was so "sick with parasites") and then being "convicted" (ha!) at 45 to have more (like that would have happened) makes me a more than a little stabby. 

I know it will never see the light of day, but I was compelled to leave this comment on her blog. Maybe she'll actually read it.

"Lori, you had 4 children by 30 -- then you stopped. If you were physically unable to have more, why not adopt?  Adopted children are also a blessing.  You've stated that at 45 you were convicted to have more children.  Why did you wait so long?  You've written of your illness, but have also time and again said that illness and pain are not excuses to ignore God's will.  If God's will is to have children, then you should have either kept trying after your 4 and/or adopted.   If this is what God commands, then there is no reason at all to ignore His commands."

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic