IGNORED

Lori Alexander 66: An Assortment of Cheap Whines

We can do it! We can do it! This morning I saw a YouTube on my front page by Lori. Something about projecting it looks like. I didn't click on it, and now I'd have to look for it. Keep on with the ignoring and talk of those who ARE more uplifting! ?‍♂️ That looks like dancing, right?

Oh yeah, I saw that article about men taking responsibility for preventing pregnancy, and subsequently abortion, posted by a young man on my Facebook friends list! He is in his early 30s, married, and he and his wife don't have kids.(yet?) Regardless of however that is or will be, my hope is that he is treating his wife as Christ treated the church; they are Christians who I used to go to church with until they moved to another area of the city and go to a church closer to home. There is hope!

• Upvote 8

Lori will also evaluate their wardrobe to ensure it is appropriately modest.  She can have Jill Rodrigues as the fashion advisor.  Zoo can be the homeschooling and cooking advisor.  

Life in the ER -- overflowing with patients, being threatened and actually being hurt by patients, continuously learning new technology, have to work holidays, and then...the prize...having a CEO, CFO, COO, or CIO who has never spent a day in any medical school, sashay in and fuss that you're over budget, overstaffed, your wait times are too long, your left without being seen and ama rates are too high, and your patient satisfaction scores suck.  Meanwhile, you're trying to hold it together after having a toddler die in your arms or telling someone their 18-year-old didn't make it after an accident.  (This love and respect isn't just for ER staff -- it's for all medical people, and teachers, and counselors, and law enforcement and anyone else who helps hold society together and help the hurting.)

On behalf of anyone who works, stays at home, or any combination, single, married, divorced, widowed, in a relationship, not in a relationship, never want to be in a relationship again, young, old, or in-between - WE WANT YOU TO STFU!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 10

I would watch the shit out of Fundie Poverty Wars. Now that Game of Thrones and Les Miserables are finished, and Call the Midwife and Unforgotten have ended their latest seasons, I'm bereft. I need this. Who at TLC do we contact to make it happen? :think:

:laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

Lori's racist pal, John Macgregor, lamented on her shared tweet post today how the Jews were responsible for the ills of society. He commented 10 hours ago. It's still there. Hey Lori and Ken, tell us again how you two aren't racists. 

• WTF 18

13 hours ago, Hisey said:

Instead, you'd be given a list of dermatologists (or a single name, in a rural area). You'd need to make an appointment, and if you wanted it removed, you'd have to pay for it.

People who can't pay, Lori, don't see that dermatologist until they absolutely have to. In the meantime, their melanoma spreads and becomes resistant to treatment.

Problem solved! Lori would just tell you to black salve it! /s  :boom: cured!! 

10 hours ago, Loveday said:

I would watch the shit out of Fundie Poverty Wars.

Thread drift, but if you are looking for a new show, I'm loving Gentleman Jack on HBO

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Lori's headline today:  'MOTHERS WHO HAVE CHOSEN TO BE THE CEO OF THEIR OWN FAMILIES'  Hah!  Lori doesn't want women to have any choices, and she definitely doesn't want them to have CEO power over anything.  Slaves, yes. CEO? Hell, no! 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Problem solved! Lori would just tell you to black salve it! /s  :boom: cured!! 

Thread drift, but if you are looking for a new show, I'm loving Gentleman Jack on HBO

Oh, my gosh, I'd forgotten about that one! It's on my DVR, it's been recording all first run episodes. I think it got buried in the list down below a bunch of cycling and women's soccer my husband has been recording (not to mention 'Naked and Afraid,' but we won't go there. LOL). Thanks for the reminder! :my_heart:

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Oh, my gosh, I'd forgotten about that one! It's on my DVR, it's been recording all first run episodes. I think it got buried in the list down below a bunch of cycling and women's soccer my husband has been recording (not to mention 'Naked and Afraid,' but we won't go there. LOL). Thanks for the reminder! :my_heart:

Seconding! It is SO GOOD. Waiting for the next episode to come out!!

• Upvote 2

On 5/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, fransalley said:

@dairyfreelife, just off-topic:  Where in Southern Appalachia are you from?  I was born around the Cumberland Gap area in Kentucky.

This issue concerns me also.  If one wants abortions to be safe and legal, I would think that they'd want the places that provide them to be safe and give good medical care.  

My beliefs tend to lean right, but one thing I agreed with Bill Clinton on was his statement that abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

I grew up in southern West Virginia. 

• Upvote 2

Isn't the CEO the leader?  I thought the husband was the ONLY leader.  How can the wife/mother be CEO if she can't make decisions or render an opinion.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Isn't the CEO the leader?  I thought the husband was the ONLY leader.  How can the wife/mother be CEO if she can't make decisions or render an opinion.  

Probably in the same way all those #bossbabes, #oilymomma types are CEOs.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

47 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I grew up in southern West Virginia. 

I was born in Harlan County, Kentucky, but grew up  in Florida.  My parents are both from Harlan.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Lori wouldn't go to the ER with a mole. She might, however, go there with the painful red seeping wound that mole has become after she black salved the heck out of it.

I'm pretty sure Lori has no idea whatsoever about how healthcare really works. She just does what she wants, and leaves the bills to Ken. She's just a woman, after all. How could her fragile little (brain-tumor filled, declining in function, potentially psychopathic, definitely stupid) lady brain deal with something like a medical bill? 

12 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Maybe the husband is the President of the board of directors and owner of the company, or something like that? Not there most of the time, just pops in to make a decree once in a while, while the wife manages everything all the time. That's likely what happens if the wife is staying home with a bunch of kids they couldn't afford, and dad is desperately working all the time to try to keep some food available and the house non-foreclosed.

• Upvote 19

17 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

First definition of CEO that pops up on a quick Google search:  'A chief executive officer, the highest-ranking person in a company or other institution, ultimately responsible for making managerial decisions.'  According to Lori's definition of roles in the family that would be the father.  Not only is a mother in her world not ultimately responsible for making decisions, she has no responsibility/authority at all to make any decisions, only to carry out what her owner/husband commands. 

On the other hand, in LoriLand a wife is the most responsible person around, since every time something goes wrong she's responsible.  :pb_rollseyes: 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

First definition of CEO that pops up on a quick Google search:  'A chief executive officer, the highest-ranking person in a company or other institution, ultimately responsible for making managerial decisions.'  According to Lori's definition of roles in the family that would be the father.  Not only is a mother in her world not ultimately responsible for making decisions, she has no responsibility/authority at all to make any decisions, only to carry out what her owner/husband commands. 

On the other hand, in LoriLand a wife is the most responsible person around, since every time something goes wrong she's responsible.  :pb_rollseyes: 

So am I the CEO or not? Now I don't know what to do. I'm just going to sit quietly with my hands folded in my lap until Mr. Nova gets home and tells me what I'm supposed to think. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 17

Lori does say she goes to an endocrinologist.  There's exactly ONE endocrinologist in my town of about 90,000 people, and she only takes insurance.  Appointments are booked out months in advance.  No, Lori, they don't treat endo problems through the ED.  Next time you need your thyroid checked, go to the ED and see what happens.

• Upvote 15

18 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

So am I the CEO or not? Now I don't know what to do. I'm just going to sit quietly with my hands folded in my lap until Mr. Nova gets home and tells me what I'm supposed to think. 

Pretty sure if I did that my husband would be taking me to the Winchesters for an exorcism, 'cause that would not be me!   :pb_lol: 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

I'd love to see Lori and her leg humpers try to deal with what I'm dealing with. I have to make ALL the decisions, I mean ALL the decisions, medical and otherwise. I have to get the medical POA drawn up (in process), discuss treatments, meds, etc with doctors, decide when/if he's going to go to the hospital, manage his diabetes (which is a real challenge now that he's on steroids), 

I'll have to make more decisions in the future that will be literally life or death, and deal with the consequences of my decisions. At some point I'll have to decide whether or not I'll stay in LV or move to CO to be nearer my kids. 

Shit, I'm overwhelmed now...but still putting one foot in front of the other. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 39

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

I'd love to see Lori and her leg humpers try to deal with what I'm dealing with. I have to make ALL the decisions, I mean ALL the decisions, medical and otherwise. I have to get the medical POA drawn up (in process), discuss treatments, meds, etc with doctors, decide when/if he's going to go to the hospital, manage his diabetes (which is a real challenge now that he's on steroids), 

I'll have to make more decisions in the future that will be literally life or death, and deal with the consequences of my decisions. At some point I'll have to decide whether or not I'll stay in LV or move to CO to be nearer my kids. 

@feministxtian, Lazy Lying Lori isn’t fit to tie your shoes. You have an enormous legion of “imaginary” friends and supporters here on FJ.?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 9

51 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

If she where in your situation, she would sit on her ass and expecting her sons to pick up the desicision making. Because she is a feable woman (spoiled brat) and because of her double x chromosome  lacks the ability and logical thinking (she is just lazy and dump and uncarring) to make any decisions beside what modest clothing she will wearing while shopping for 14 $ butter and einkorn flour.

Women trough the ages allways had to make hard decisions and had to carry on through desperate times. We all come from a long line of strong women. Women who found their strenth to carry on for themselves and the sake of their loved ones in often very difficult circumstancces. Lori may tell us we are weak and need a male headship to master our lives but she is wrong. We all have this strength in us and we show it everyday.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 13

I think about one of my grandmothers quite a bit when it comes to Lori, because she’s such a good example of how Lori’s ideal world isn’t realistic or sustainable. My grandmother was a stay-at-home mother with three boys. She lived the life Lori recommends. And then my grandfather had a heart attack and passed away at 39. You bet your ass she’s had to make some tough decisions in her life; I’m sure there were some I can’t even imagine. There was no one to come and rescue her like Lori required when there was the wildfire. Even as a woman who fit nicely into Lori’s paradigm (until her life abruptly changed), she still had to be an absolute bad ass bitch capable to making decisions for her family. Women step up to the plate when it comes down to it, and we show unimaginable strength every freakin’ day. Quite frankly, the strongest people I know are women who have had to deal with the difficulty and unthinkable.  I’m so tired of Lori associating femininity with weakness. You can be strong and a woman—and I see that every day right here on FJ. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 7

Sorry y'all about whining above. I'm just so sick of that bitch. I'm strong because I have to be right now. I'll have my time to fall apart later. I may not suit her definition of "femininity" but I'm one bad ass bitch. Yeah, I OWN that one. I'll get up off my ass and do what needs to be done (well...except housework that I'm gonna have to suck it up and start doing), deal with the unimaginable shit that's ahead of me, doctors and lawyers (we're looking into suing the VA system due to their delay in getting him treatment for the original tumor), selling a car, probably going back to work, and dealing with the pain of losing my lifemate. 

BUT I don't see my strength as being "masculine" or a feminist or any of that other bullshit. Its the strength that women have to deal with the shit that life throws at us and get through to the other side. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 24

For the life of me, I can't remember the last time my boss asked me to bust dishes.

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.07.20 PM.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Sorry y'all about whining above. I'm just so sick of that bitch. I'm strong because I have to be right now. I'll have my time to fall apart later. I may not suit her definition of "femininity" but I'm one bad ass bitch. Yeah, I OWN that one. I'll get up off my ass and do what needs to be done (well...except housework that I'm gonna have to suck it up and start doing), deal with the unimaginable shit that's ahead of me, doctors and lawyers (we're looking into suing the VA system due to their delay in getting him treatment for the original tumor), selling a car, probably going back to work, and dealing with the pain of losing my lifemate. 

BUT I don't see my strength as being "masculine" or a feminist or any of that other bullshit. Its the strength that women have to deal with the shit that life throws at us and get through to the other side. 

Lori and her ilk have idolized the constructs of femininity, keepers at home, and submissive women, yet they require so much validation from others. It must be a narrative they support in order to come to terms with their existence- stealing a line from Brene Brown- “the story I tell myself” (btw her Netflix special is fantastic).

@feministxtian you live purposely and intentionally and authentically. Don’t apologize for being you. Don’t apologize for using this as a safe space to vent. You have to get it out somewhere. I am so sorry about what you are going through. I’m saying prayers for peace, comfort, clarity, and healing.

I think that’s what burns me up about Lori and her fan girls (at least one thing, anyway). I do believe God performs miracles, but I also know that part of the human experience includes profound loss and and pain and grief and hardship and difficulty. Those girls on that page have no ability to empathize with others, no ability to help carry the burdens of others, and no ability to encourage resilience. It is all finger pointing and judgement. 

A friend shared this the other day and I think it’s an important consideration: 

2D8CCC17-A15B-4486-A6B1-BE78B1E8DA8B.png

• Upvote 8
  • Love 13

I know I dump on y'all...but this is my "safe place". I'm just trying to deal. It all sucks ass and I'm angry, sad, grieving, depressed, you name it, I'm feeling it. Life just sucks sometimes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 34

• samurai_sarah locked this topic