IGNORED

Lori Alexander 66: An Assortment of Cheap Whines

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

We're back to promoting the Norwex cloths -- they're good for everything, and you can use them for days and they don't smell.  Yes, Lori, for my birthday or Christmas I want a microfiber dishcloth.  This is indicative of the amount of energy she puts into others.  Nothing personal for a gift from Lori because she can't be bothered.   

If anyone gifted me a microfiber dishcloth I'd have to bite back a "gee, another thing to collect cat hair, thanks!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

Not that she would care about the environment, but synthetic fabrics can shed microfibers into waterways affecting wildlife.  

Edited by ColeJo
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

11 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

Not that she would care about the environment, but synthetic fabrics can shed microfibers into waterways and affecting wildlife.  

She eats ~organic~ so it's all good. /s

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

0664D326-62CA-4F29-A447-3202B7DC1364.thumb.png.f09dbec633aa63634866c0c0393c849c.png

Spoiler

66A708B2-4809-4A7F-AA85-DBEC2057ACB5.thumb.jpeg.51edf28721a8896ea5391c32dd4b084b.jpeg

All Lori does is give her opinion because the Bible doesn’t back up her beliefs 100%. Yes women are supposed to help their husbands but the Bible never says specifically how. Yes men are supposed to protect their wives. They were only their covering because it wasn’t safe for women to be on their own, they were property. Yes a wife’s body isn’t her own but her husbands isn’t his own either. The Bible does say for women to be keepers of the home BUT it never says they can’t work outside of the home. Vaccines are a personal choice. I believe kids should get a say it in, when they reach a certain age, if they parents haven’t vaccinated them. It is their body. 

Lori birth control is not the devil. You used it and abused it. There is nothing wrong with not wanting kids or wanting to space them out. The Bible says to be fruitful and multiply because they were having to populate the earth and most kids didn’t live to adulthood. That is no longer the case. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 7

Lori stated today that she only relies on doctors for emergencies. Liar, liar. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

12 hours ago, freealljs said:

She may have a smelly dirty Norwex cloth and not know it. 

Well she's used to cat food salads and think they are yummy, so I wouldn't trust her sense of smell. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Lori stated today that she only relies on doctors for emergencies. Liar, liar. 

I thought she said, in one of her Youtube videos, that she went to an endocrinologist for her thyroid.  That doesn't sound like for emergencies only.  She also goes for cyber knife regularly.  

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Well she's used to cat food salads and think they are yummy, so I wouldn't trust her sense of smell. 

And she's so busy sticking her nose into other people's business she might have forgotten for what purpose a nose is actually intended.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

16 hours ago, louisa05 said:

@AuntKrazy Absolute truth: As a teacher, I would take the National Geographic not because I was offended or worried about the student who brought it, but because within twenty minutes of dismissal, five other parents would be calling and throwing a fit because their precious innocent kid saw it. And sometimes, you just don't want to deal with it. 

As an adult, I understand your choice; but when I was a child I experienced it as yet another way that being both female and smart was "wrong" and "bad" and "undesirable".  It was yet another way that  taught me that I had no place or value in the classroom, and I spent the rest of my school days finding ways to get out of class because I was so stifled there.  In my child's perspective:  I was supposed to sit there, shut up, and do nothing.  It became a place where I marked time because I heard it as "stop learning".  School itself became punishment. 

I now wonder, why couldn't an alternative solution have been offered, such as "it must be read with a cover on it".  I get that the teacher doesn't want to deal with disgruntled parents of other kids; but it should not be at the expense of the child in the classroom's desire to learn.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I don’t think even my cat would touch one of her salads.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

Since Lori is yammering about education today, I have to repent of my bias against homeschooling.  Back in Jan. my husband left his church to take a job as a chaplain, so we had to move.  Our children are both in high school, and transferring credits was going to be a disaster. We looked into homeschooling (intending to do it only to finish out this school year) and found Liberty University has a K-12 online academy, so we went with it.  

I have to admit it has been great. We're  probably going to continue if finances allow. We aren't having to deal with calls about our son being in trouble or other drama, and their grades have improved because they aren't distracted.  Our daughter will even be able to graduate early.

Just a shout out to Liberty University Online Academy.

• Upvote 8

Vaccines have been scientifically vetted and have vastly improved public health. Black salve isn't 100% "safe", that's for sure, nothing is. Any health advice Lori Alexander gives, I would do the opposite as she is physically and mentally unwell, and looks decades older than she is. What an idiot, anyone who thinks we should return to the bad old days before vaccines is one. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Since Lori is yammering about education today, I have to repent of my bias against homeschooling.  Back in Jan. my husband left his church to take a job as a chaplain, so we had to move.  Our children are both in high school, and transferring credits was going to be a disaster. We looked into homeschooling (intending to do it only to finish out this school year) and found Liberty University has a K-12 online academy, so we went with it.  

I have to admit it has been great. We're  probably going to continue if finances allow. We aren't having to deal with calls about our son being in trouble or other drama, and their grades have improved because they aren't distracted.  Our daughter will even be able to graduate early.

Just a shout out to Liberty University Online Academy.

I hated being home schooled. I hated being at home all day and not having much school to fill my time. If home schooling works and kids/teenagers are learning then great. There is not one way to educate everyone. I feel like online schooling would be more challenging than traditional text book home schooling. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Lori cannot leave Rachel Held Evans alone. Seriously, Lori. What's that verse in Proverbs about a dog going back to its own vomit?

Also, maybe bitch eating crackers here, but those floral print shirts are more often than not unattractive. And if someone is trying to convince me that I need to dress in a more feminine way, buying floral print shorts to wear with my shorts isn't going to convince me shes practicing what she preaches. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

...100% "safe", that's for sure, nothing is. 

Exactly.  The question that parents should be asking isn't 'are vaccines 100% safe?' but 'what is the risk relative to the disease that this vaccine prevents?'  For some children the risk isn't worth the benefit (immune compromise, allergies), for many it is (being a little cranky and not feeling entirely well for a short time after a vaccine, versus dying of diphtheria, pertussis, or tetanus).   

• Upvote 20

If women are not called to be preachers, then why doesn't Lori Alexander stop preaching? Teaching biblical womanhood (made up shit) my ass, she is straight-up preaching to women AND men. 

I also think people should look at vaccinations as being good for society as a whole. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

17 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Lori cannot leave Rachel Held Evans alone. Seriously, Lori. What's that verse in Proverbs about a dog going back to its own vomit?

Also, maybe bitch eating crackers here, but those floral print shirts are more often than not unattractive. And if someone is trying to convince me that I need to dress in a more feminine way, buying floral print shorts to wear with my shorts isn't going to convince me shes practicing what she preaches. 

Not sure this video is about RHE. Beth Moore recently caused a ruckus in Baptist circle for preaching from a pulpit on Mother's Day and tweeting about it. Owen Strachan lost his shit. Of course, Beth has also been tweeting gems like this. Does that sting a bit Lori?

Screenshot_20190515-133333_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 3

Funny comment on the new video....at the  :55 second  mark, she says that "the church is to be run by elders, the husband of one man and women to be silent."  

WHOA NELLIE!  I'm not so sure she realizes what she said there. Unless she is advocating for something else entirely! 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 18

16 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Not sure this video is about RHE. Beth Moore recently caused a ruckus in Baptist circle for preaching from a pulpit on Mother's Day and tweeting about it. Owen Strachan lost his shit. Of course, Beth has also been tweeting gems like this. Does that sting a bit Lori?

Screenshot_20190515-133333_Chrome.jpg

I think you're right--she talked about preaching behind a pulpit quite a bit and it was a weirdly specific--I mean, the no preachers with vaginas thing is like, an everyday topic, but she very specifically mentioned that she's only been behind a pulpit once and women shouldn't be behind a pulpit ever, etc. I didn't realize that there was controversy over the frankly meaningless furniture Beth Moore stood behind, but I can see why Lori's hacked off about it. SMDH. 

• Upvote 7

40 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

The question that parents should be asking isn't 'are vaccines 100% safe?' but 'what is the risk relative to the disease that this vaccine prevents?'

Exactly. Nothing in life is guaranteed 100 safe, but we  weigh the benefits/risks.  Driving a car isn't 100% safe, but it doesn't' stop people from driving.  Working in a factory with heavy machinery isn't 100 % safe, but people go to work every day.  Having a back yard fire pit isn't 100 % safe but people do it all time while enjoying get togethers and making s'mores.  Life isn't "safe" by any means, but you can be cautious and make wise decisions anyway.   I'll always take the vaccines. 

• Upvote 10

16 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Funny comment on the new video....at the  :55 second section, she says that "the church is to be run by elders, the husband of one man and women to be silent."  

WHOA NELLIE!  I'm not so sure she realizes what she said there. Unless she is advocating for something else entirely! 

She does correct that in the description under the video. She really is a very poor speaker, isn't she.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190515-150851.thumb.jpg.d02a6b18d81a6f75bc2af031ae6f61f6.jpg

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

That video was horrible.  She has absolutely no realization that she is warning people about HERSELF.  I posted this comment which may get deleted later:

"So you warn again false teachers, but then describe yourself as a teacher. Also, some of the things you post are your opinion rather than strict Biblical guidance (i.e., anti-vaxx, homeschooling). Face it, you are exactly the same as the women you warn us about."

P.S. I can't stand the giggling!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

Oh good grief, Lori, if you're going to lose your train of thought (that train was probably derailed years ago) and tee hee hee about it, why don't you make some notes before you make these "You Tubes"?

If you truly believed women should not be teaching men you would not be arguing back and forth with some of the men who disagree with you on your blog.  You do it all the time.  And how about that guy who was with his misbehaving kid at the playground?  You told him to spank his kid.  Sounds like teaching to me.

• Upvote 10

Just now, kpmom said:

If you truly believed women should not be teaching men you would not be arguing back and forth with some of the men who disagree with you on your blog.  You do it all the time.  And how about that guy who was with his misbehaving kid at the playground?  You told him to spank his kid.  Sounds like teaching to me.

But, but... she's LORI. God's personal mouthpiece! She's CALLED to do this "ministry"!

She doesn't (and didn't) do the vast majority of the things she "teaches" other women to do. So if none of her other rules apply to her, why should the "no teaching men" thing apply to her, either?

I have myself spoken from behind a pulpit multiple times. My sister has done so even more often. My friend's 12-year-old daughter has pretty frequently done a scripture reading from behind the pulpit (while standing on her toes to see over it). We have frequently had girls from the youth group preach on the Sundays the youth does the service. We have had ordained female pastors - not as our main pastor (yet), but in other leadership roles. We have many female deacons. We often have a female HEAD deacon, in leadership over all the male deacons. Our (male) pastor has even joked about introducing them to all the other more conservative pastors at events attended by many church leaders. When we were searching for our current pastor, my sister was on the search committee. She says the whole committee agreed - any resume that came in saying anything against female pastors or church leaders went straight in the trash can.

And that's all at a Baptist church. Lori would rant online about us for weeks, I bet.

Lori would be in the same category as that old crotchety couple who sit in the back corner and criticize everything. Everybody's polite to them, but in a "bless your heart" sort of way. (But if they ever mess with my music stand again, they're getting a chewing out. They act like spoiled preschoolers.)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic